Poppies

"Fading away like the stars in the morning,
    Losing their light in the glorious sun,
    Thus would we pass from this earth and it's toilin'
    Only remembered for what we have done"

IC Link:
    https://role-player.net/forum/showthr...01#post2076701

England has been at War for a year.

The ways of Aristocracy and Social Status are slowly dying as Men and Women of all social classes are being united by War and Grief.

Many of the remaining Grand Houses of England are opening their doors to the injured men of the War. Including Ivy Massey. A large mansion, built in the Georgian era, Ivy Massey has housed the noble family Abbott for generations.

Lord and Lady Abbott currently reside in the Mansion with their Son and daughter.

The Plot

The Plot is mainly based around the Dramas surrounding the Family during the war and all its struggles. Each family member has a different dilema to deal with reguarding their Class and realationship to everyone else. Once you have a CS for the character you'd like to play (See roles to be filled below) I shall send you a PM reguarding their basic story so any changes can be made or edited.

Roles to be Filled.

Lord Abbott
    His Lordship is a proud man. While being involved in the War he is too old to go to the front and so helps the front line back home in England. Be it through battle planning or other such jobs.

Lady Abbottt
    (No story currently planned but if you have an idea feel free to go for it)

Staff
    Again I've not story in particular planned for the staff of the manor. However if you have a idea you'd like to develop feel free.

Wounded Soldiers
    One needed in particular to be of working class around the same age as Young Lady Catherine (See my own CS below). Other than that feel free to create your own once more

Nurses
    Being a hospital, a few nurses are obviously going to be needed.

The Rules

1) I would prefer experienced writers who are willing to post at least a paragraph. Also someone who can be dedicated to the thread instead of leaving after a few days.

2) Violence and swearing is allowed as long as it's kept to a sensible level. Obviously being a hospital there (Hopefully) shouldn't be that much violence anyway.

3) Romance is encouraged as I find their's nothing better than a good old fashioned love story (I'm such a romantic!) However please keep anything to sexual to either a fade to black or private messaging.

4) If you need any help just feel free to ask

5) Have fun!

Character Sheet

Name:
    Social Class: (E.g. Upper Class, working Class, etc.)
    Personality:
    History:
    Appearence: (Image and or description please
    )
    Last edited by BumblingBee; 06-01-2014 at 03:53 PM.

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Name: Lady Catherine 'Cat' Abbott

Social Class: Upper Class

Personality: Cat is a confident young woman, full of hopes and ideas far beyond her expected status as a woman. She's a chatty thing, always striking up a conversation be it about her own aspirations or yours. Cat has a natural charming caring demeanor and will always try to help people whoever they are. Her ambitious nature is one of the things that helped Ivy Massey become a hospital in the first place.

History: Catherine was always brought up to be a proper little lady. Even though she is the eldest Abbott child, her status as a woman meant she was never to inherit the family fortune. So, instead her whole life was spent training to one day marry a wealthy lord from somewhere or other.

This was not the life for Catherine. She knew that from the start. So one day she decided to do something about it. Catherine began to attend Suffragette rallies across the country and became a firm believer in womens rights and equality for all. Her family on the other hand had quite a different opinion on the matter (Her Father in particular).

Before matters could be taken any firther though War broke out across England. Catherine instantly voluntered to become a nurse, helping wounded soldiers on their way to recovery. She enjoyed hearing their stories and watching life slowly return to them. Catherine even managed to puersuade her Father to open the Manor as a hospital.

Appearence:
    Spoiler: Catherine 

Catherine is rather tall and slim. She has pale ivory skin, with a few freckles dotted across her nose. Her hair is a soft honey blond and falls in soft curs a little ways past her shoulders (Though she always keeps it up). Cat has big grey eyes with rounded pretty features.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Hello ! If you'd like to advertise/show off your RP to the site to garner more interest, be sure to check out these helpful links:

Roleplaying Games Directory – Add your RP to the directory!
    Staff Sigs – Have the staff advertise your RP in their signatures!
    Roleplay of the Week – Enter your RP in "Roleplay of the Week" to show it off to the site!
    Roleply of the Week Banner Shop – Get a cool banner made for your RP!
    The RPA Tribune – Get your RP featured in the RPA News!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Victoria Anmer
    Gender: Female. Not even the late Victorians were sufficiently cruel to name a boy Victoria. Though some came close.
    Social Class: Middle. The very middlest, or at least of the most middling.
    Personality: Raised by her father to be tirelessly ambitious, Victoria (abbreviate it at it at your peril) has a kind of siege mentality when confronting the routine horrors of a dull suburban life, in which she will presumably end up wedded to a dull suburban man and have dull suburban children. If Grandmama has her way, that is. It is not the sort of thing she looks forward to, nor is it one that she shall bear; she is stubborn as a mule in this regard and many others, though her rage tends more towards ice than fire. She bears a duellist's demeanour, a product of years of the Muscular Christian ethos being instilled into both her and her brothers, and the spirit of scientific inquiry her well-honed mind possesses lends itself well to training as a nurse, in the treatment plans if nothing else. She is dispassionate while working, but feels - loves - as deeply as any other woman. Perhaps inevitably, she is an active suffragette, to the quiet approval of her parents and the rather louder consternation of her grandmother. This has given her rather a lot of practice in dealing with harsh words, and she is as unflappable as a seasoned campaigner.
    History: The Anmer residence is a modest six-room house (not including basement) in one of the less fashionable London boroughs. However, within its walls is a treasure trove of books on pretty much anything you'd care to mention; everything from classical architecture to modern physics, Voltaire to Punch, is in these walls. It was in this house that Everard Anmer, lawyer and inquiring mind-about-town, and his equally brilliant wife Cecilia, raised four fine children. Armitage and Wellesley, alas, inherited a scant few of their parents' fearsome intellects, but were loved and cherished all the same. Both now occupy khaki uniforms and a dugout in Ypres. Horace, the youngest of the boys at 21, was rather quicker, having first taken the Bar at 16 - a feat almost unheard of in the annals of British legal history - and received the inevitable tap on the shoulder from his old Cambridge don that such prodigies so often receive when the Government hears of their success. He has been working in the echelons of military intelligence since before the War, and now his skills at cross-examination are much in demand in Flanders.

Victoria, though, Victoria got the lion's share of the Anmer wits. A voracious reader with an excellent memory for facts, her particular dedication was to the natural sciences; logically, therefore, her parents obliged her, though they made sure she received a similar level of instruction in physical exercise to their sons, though of a different sort. Tall for her age and lissom rather than gangly, a succession of fencing masters and Austrian calisthenics instructors moulded her into the woman she is today, powerful and toned, if not outright muscular. Her nimble movements and nimbler brain, coupled with an excellent knowledge of anatomy she accrued second-hand from the finest medical journals, made her career in medicine an obvious choice. Alas, the War came. She had often spoken of nursing as "medicine for women of pliability rather than ability", but the conflict of 1914 forced her hand. She desperately wanted to help, for her brothers were there, as were the brothers and sons and fathers of everyone she knew. Her father had waved his twin boys goodbye from his invalid's chair, a sternly approving expression tempered with the memory of the African rebellion that cost him the use of his legs. Modern medicine could, perhaps, have saved him from life welded to rattan-cane furniture, and if Victoria could spare one person from such a fate then her War would be well-spent, however long it would be for.
    Appearence:

But with considerably sharper cheekbones.
    Last edited by Scapegrace; 06-02-2014 at 01:30 PM.
    "Heartbreak hurts, but we can dance it off" -- Spinners, The Hold Steady

Spoiler: Do you want to play a game? Of course you do, why else would you be here? 

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I love it accepted!

I'll PM you some story ideas now

historical, fantasy, dystopian, superpowers/gifted
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

This is tempting. I just can't decide who I want to play. Hmm...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Gimme a shout if you have any questions
    You can play more than one of you really want

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Captain Miles Abbott

Social Class: upperclass

Personality:
    Miles is to say the least a bit bitter about his time in the war. Sense he's come back, injured and possibly cribbed for the rest of his life, he's been on edge. Miles is genuinely kind. it was his kindness and sense of honor that sent him off to the front However that side of him seems to have been crushed with what he's seen. It wasn't that the sights frightened him but in the end it just seemed like senseless violence and he lost sense of what they were fighting for.
    His sister Cat, he is really kind to and he tries to avoid his father and mother altogether as much as possible at least being under the same roof.
    He is easily aggravated and he has the tendency to go off on rants that either don't make sense or are just extremely harsh.

History:
    Miles is the second son and second child of Lord and Lady Abbott. Miles elder brother, Edward was the heir to the tile of lord of Ivy Massey until he died in the war. Miles was, to say the least, not the favorite child. He was always the extra to his elder brother Edward and nowhere near as loved as his little sister Catherine. Miles seemed to always fall short of the standards set by his elder brother and everything always seemed much easier for Catherine, as she was the only girl. Miles, however understood his position and tried to live up the best he could to be a good son but he never seemed to be good enough in the eyes of his father. Miles attended university in Oxford, though it's fair to say he learned hardly anything while he was there, being a bit of a party boy. It did however start out as a way for him to prove to his father he could be worth something. Miles wasn't stupid but found the classes boring and it was hard to keep interest.

The war was Miles's savior, in proving he was something to his father. He happily enlisted and joined the cause. He didn't however expect his brother to get caught up in the idea of king and country as well and enlisted with him. Miles knows in some way his father never forgave him for that and being the only son to return. When Miles announced he was enlisting, his father was proud and was beaming with pride, of course of that was until Edward, his beloved heir enlisted as well.

Miles and Edward went off to war together and for once Miles found something he was better at than his brother. It became clear rather quickly Edward didn't have the taste for battle as Miles did. Edward rose through the ranks faster than Miles, simply because of his future title, but Miles showed more in ability and handled the stress better than Edward. Edward would eventually become unstable and unable to handle the tough life in the trenches, something Miles, couldn't see at the time. It would end with Edward purposely wounding himself in hopes of getting sent home. Edward was sent to the field hospital and was treated for his wounded while he was held on trial for cowardice. Edward would be found guilty and for once in his life Edward's status did nothing for him, as he was shot by firing squad.

After Edward's death, things changed for Miles. Suddenly Miles had more to prove. Miles began to hate Edward for what he did and because Edward's cowardly actions made people question rather Miles might be a coward and even lead to an investigation on Miles, after he was injured. Miles would fight harder to prove himself and it would show off, now his father's heir, he was promoted to captain, where he was respected by the men below him.

Miles has now been returned home, the military have no need for a man who can't walk out on the front. Miles legs were injured in battle and though, the doctor were able to avoid having to amputate, he is now bound to a wheel chair. Miles is not paralyzed but crippled with a very slim chance of being able to walk again and even then he would always have a limp and need a cane.

Appearance:

Extra: Miles is a talented piano player, though he's rarely touched the piano sense he's returned. Miles inherited his Grandmother's piano. She was the one that taught him how to play and he admired her very much. She died on the titanic and her death hit Miles the hardest. Miles spent much of his childhood with her and sometimes he felt like she was the only one that understood or cared about him.
    Last edited by AvisCrown; 06-08-2014 at 04:44 AM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Accepted!!!

I'll wait for one or two more roles to be filled before starting the IC

Mentioned