Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] After Alan : Jumanji Parody [OOC]

hella baked and extra sweet
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Default [M] After Alan : Jumanji Parody [OOC]

This roleplay is rated M for most of the usual reasons, including violence, profanity, and gore.

Forty years have passed since Alan Parish beat Jumanji and threw it into the Atlantic Ocean. In that time it has traveled south and washed ashore on a remote beach in Haiti. Despite its exposure to salt water, the board game does not appear warped or damaged at all. It sits on the sun-bleached sand and waits for someone to stroll by so that it can attempt to lure them in with an eerie drumming that can almost never be resisted. In 2009, two young girls on vacation go for a walk on the beach and awaken the passion of the game once more. The quick rhythm of its beating quickly grabs the girls' attention, distracting them from their teenage gossip. They won't be the only ones sucked into the deadly game, but even with help, the twists and terror of Jumanji can quickly turn lethal. Can these new players survive long enough to reach the end and reverse the game's effects?

IC

Rules:

All RPA rules apply, so be sure to look at the Mature rules as well if you need a refresher.

There is no maximum post length, but a minimum of one well-formed paragraph is required.

No god-modding.

One token character per username, but the use of some supporting characters is allowed.

Only the effects of Jumanji can defy physics. You're allowed to use whatever means possible to overcome the challenges presented by the board game, but please be reasonable.

Gameplay:

"You roll the dice to move your token.
    Doubles gets another turn.
    The first player to reach the end wins."

Yes, we will be using actual six-sided dice for this. If you don't have 2D6, I can gladly roll for you, or using a website like this is acceptable. I realize this leaves room for cheating, but just don't, okay? It will be much more fun if we're all honest.

After rolling and moving, a couplet will appear on the board and the players will only have moments afterwards to prepare themselves for the oncoming scenario. These will be randomly selected by me from a numbered list and another roll of the dice. If you have a scenario or couplet that you would like to be added to the list, please send it my way via PM.

There are 35 spaces in between the starting and ending spaces, meaning a total of 36 is needed to win. I will keep track of board placement in the players section below once someone moves away from start.

Spoiler: Empty Character Sheet 

Players:

Tokens:
    Monkey ~ Mihkul
    Rhino ~ SparrowHawk
    Crocodile ~ trouble.muffin
    Zebra ~ Lenore
    Elephant ~ Kabi
    --
    Lion ~ taken ~ Jannah

Inactive players are not booted. If they return and are still interested, they are always welcome to PM me and we'll figure something out.

Accepted Characters:
    Spoiler: Leila Charbonneau ~ trouble.muffin 

Spoiler: Jessica Min ~ Kabi 

Spoiler: Leaf Jones ~ SparrowHawk 

Spoiler: Billy McBride ~ Mihkul 

Spoiler: Cassandra Stones ~ Lenore 

---

Inactive, but still Accepted:
    Spoiler: Luna Rose ~ MeGoRawrr 

------------------------------------------------
    Roll Order* and Board Placement:
    Username ~ Current Space
    -------------------------------------------------
    SparrowHawk ~ 6
    Mihkul ~ 7
    trouble.muffin ~ 10
    Kabi ~ 8
    Lenore ~ 13

*note that posts can, and most likely will, be made between rolls
    Last edited by trouble.muffin; 12-17-2014 at 08:02 PM. Reason: updated roll order

♥This set was made by my dear, sweet Ru.♥
    Spoiler: my poetry thread 

Antivan Crow
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    No Romance or Furry.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

OMG, my childhood. I LOVED Jumanji so much! Kudos to you for making a continuation of it in RP Form. To help out, here are some helpful links.

Roleplaying Games Directory – New RP? Add it to the Roleplay Directory for great justice!

Staff Sigs – Y'know the staff? We're cool people just like you. Let us know and we'll put your RP right in our signatures so more people can see it.

Roleplay of the Week – Think you're onto something awesome? Well then submit it as a candidate for RP of the Week!

Roleplay of the Week Banner Shop – Need a banner made for your RP? This is the place to go for that.

The RPA Tribune – Let the world of RPA real all about your work in the RPA Tribune.

And of course, if you have any questions or just want to chit-chat, feel free to drop one of the friendly Staff Members a PM.
    Spoiler: Neat Stuff Within 

Sci fi and some fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i may or may not join this, if i do it would be as a non-player likely.
    Last edited by Daedalus; 06-24-2014 at 08:53 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

If you're interested in playing as one of the villains who emerges from the board game, that can be arranged.

Not necessarily Van Pelt, but along those lines.

Romance, fantasy, wlling to try new things
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Luna Rose
    Age (10-30): 17
    Token: Elephant
    Appearance (pictures are allowed): https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-h...8wuko1_400.png
    Bio: One afternoon, Luna was strolling along the beach with a friend and a shimmer on the sand instantly drew her attention. She walked over and was surprized to find it was an ancient- looking boardgame. Her curiosity quickly overtook her, and ater a quick glance at her friend, she opened the box that would indefinatly altar her future.

( Is this bio okay? You can be the other girl )
    Last edited by MeGoRawrr; 06-24-2014 at 10:44 PM.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

@MeGoRawrr- Yep, looks good! Accepted. I had actually planned on being the other girl, but wanted to let someone else pick the first.

I was purposely vague with the bio section so that people could fill it in the way they liked. It can include a brief history, any unique traits and strengths/weaknesses, or how they got tied up into the supernatural fun of Jumanji. Quite frankly, it can be all of those things if someone wants it to be.

historical, fantasy, dystopian, superpowers/gifted
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Dibs on Lion !

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

As soon as we have four characters, the IC will go up. Even though it's been over a month, I'm still hopeful.
    Only two more CS submissions and this can finally begin!

Haven't found one I don't like yet
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh gods... this was my childhood horror movie.. I MUST OVER COME THIS!!! I SHALL PLAY THE RHINO!!!!!

My CS will be up tonight

historical, fantasy, dystopian, superpowers/gifted
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Omg, I thought this was dead. I'm definitely still interested. I'm keeping my lion .

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast