Page 1 of 301 12351 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Kill Field

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Whatever captures and holds my attention.
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Default [M] Kill Field

IC Thread https://role-player.net/forum/showthr...70#post2122670

Don't hesitate to send ideas for new weapons or planets, we never have enough.

Rated M for blood, gore, violence, possible "romance (keep it PG13)," language, use of Alchohol/Tobacco, and torture.

The year is 2777, Humanity is now a space faring empire thanks to Russian scientists creating a wormhole generator in 2713. Having seen the generator's efficiency, corporations and the military ordered the design to be replicated and fitted on starships. In 2733 Humanity found an ally: The Skrata. An empire of avian aliens. In early 2735 an alliance is officially agreed upon by King Ku'throk and President Bishop. Unbeknownst Humanity, the Skrata are at war with a reptilian empire of slavers: The Vrika, who take little notice of humanity for several years. 2744: Humanity helps the Skrata repel an attack from Habdonia. The Vrika declare war on on the Alliance. 2745-2775: Planets are conquered and liberated by both sides, the war remains a stalemate. 2776: The war appears to be turning in the Alliance's favor. Alliance controlled Solitude is lost to an unknown enemy who's actions suggest that they've declared war on both the Alliance and the Vrika. January 2777: The Skrata war council proposes a cease-fire. Humanity and the Vrika refuse to come to a cease-fire, but agree to swap several million prisoners and slaves. Influential figures were able to free select people. Febuary 2777: The Alliance launches a second attack on Hercynia and conquers it. A human name for the unknown species catches on even to the Skrata and Vrika---Void.

Rules: All RPA rules apply. no god-modding. If anybody starts a fight OOC, do your d***edest to end it before I do. Get permission to control another player's character. Orbital bombardment of a planet WILL NOT affect any on-going ground battles, but can change the "ending scene" of one. If I haven't stated that you can't do something, It so happens that you can do it (So long as you ask physics for permission).
    Spoiler: regarding you, the players 

Spoiler: Species 

Spoiler: Objectives 

Spoiler: Rules Governing Battles 

Spoiler: Space Battles 

Spoiler: Ship hull integrety 

And without further ado, create your character, buy some units and guns and---KILL! KILL! KILL!

Spoiler: Skills, you may have four for each character 

Name:
    Race:
    Faction: (Vrikan Empire or Alliance)
    Skills: (Choose four)
    Appearence: (Text or picture will suffice)
    Bio: (Doesn't have to be long, in the event that you want it revealed IC)
    Equipment: (This includes the entire purchase of men, vehicles, weapons, etc. for you and your army)

Spoiler: Faction Banks 

Spoiler: SHOP 

So many guns, isn't it GREAT?

Spoiler: Galaxy Map 

Spoiler: Blazing_Falcons's Characters & army 

Spoiler: Cfavano's Characters & army 

Spoiler: Watch_Dog's Characters & army 

Spoiler: Hoef's Characters & army 

Spoiler: Veloci's Characters & Army 

Spoiler: Thelonewanderer's Character 
    Last edited by Blazing Falcons; 12-30-2015 at 05:54 PM.

Set by Karma

Antivan Crow
    No Romance or Furry.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Ohayo! I am le Beta. It looks like you're off to a good start so far. Allow me to speed you along with these helpful links!

Roleplaying Games Directory – New RP? Add it to the Roleplay Directory for great justice!

Staff Sigs – Y'know the staff? We're cool people just like you. Let us know and we'll put your RP right in our signatures so more people can see it.

Roleplay of the Week – Think you're onto something awesome? Well then submit it as a candidate for RP of the Week!

Roleplay of the Week Banner Shop – Need a banner made for your RP? This is the place to go for that.

The RPA Tribune – Let the world of RPA real all about your work in the RPA Tribune.

And of course, if you have any questions or just want to chit-chat, feel free to drop one of the friendly Staff Members a PM.

-------------------------------------------------

Also, I may actually join. How does a character earn money for the shops, and how much do they start with?
    Spoiler: Neat Stuff Within 

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Each faction starts with X amount of credits, I will determine how much at a later date. Every RL week that passes there will be a "payday" that will add credits to the bank. (Almost typed bacon.) The planets controlled by a faction will add more credits to the base sum, making strategy for the players of either faction even more crucial, a mining planet will assuredly bring in more money for the war effort than a resort or science base.

What do you start with? You start with yourself. You get no guns, armor, or men until you place your order with... Something. Least I'm not charging for ammo!
    Last edited by Blazing Falcons; 06-27-2014 at 03:37 PM.

Set by Karma

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

somehow 2x posted.

Set by Karma

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

um, phobos is a moon

- - - Updated - - -

I can also give you some planet names.

Spoiler: Things I like 

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

also, would it possile to get power or chain weapons?

Like, I know it sounds old fashioned, but I like going into battle with a pistol in one hand, and a sword/saber in the other.

also, what are the differences in units?

Because, I don't understand why Marines are so expensive, because, traditionally, marines were just soldiers on a boat used for boarding and repelling boarders.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Dangit, I knew Phobos sounded too familiar.

You'll have to define power/chain weapons.

The unit differences, so, example, Vrika units are more expensive than the other faction's units, that's because the Vrika are powerhouses, where as Skrata units are less powerful, I'm not going to give out too much of their culture yet, but they simply aren't the warriors that the Vrika are, and as such haven't developed weapons as powerful as the Vrika's.

The marine corps eventually took on Spec Ops training for itself, and Spec forces eventually just stopped being unique, for all the player knows they're buying a Green Beret or a marine.

Set by Karma

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cfavano View Post
    Sword: Impractical for widespread use, but with capture of Solitude could be constructed---for a large sum.

Axe: Not friendly to the universe I'm trying to create, sorry.

Hammer: Mace of Sauron much? But the same rejection reason as the axe.

I say I have an insatiable bloodlust, but those are brutal. I've got to get that game.

Set by Karma

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

it's great. It really is

- - - Updated - - -

also, having a chainsword be expensive defeats the purpose. it's the 'cheap' weapon in that universe, other than normal knives and such.

Page 1 of 301 12351 ... LastLast