Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: The Special Ones IC

Month the of Member November
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Isabel stood and watched as Cecilia demonstrated her gift, summoning the bears then the deer. As she listened to the sound of distant yelling through the trees behind them she thought back to the guard in the watch-tower she had struck with the fireball. Had she killed him she wondered. If so was that a bad thing? She was not naturally a violent person on the other hand the guards in the facility hadn't given a damn about her or her own rights. These days the government didn't allow any dissent so maybe violence was the only way left to deal with things.

"You sure have a useful gift there" she said to Cecilia. "In fact I could say the same thing about everyone." She then turned and glanced back at Emmett with concern. "How's your leg?" she asked him. "I'm amazed that you can walk on it at all. Perhaps you should ride on a deer as well."

Looking round at everyone else she thought about their present situation. She knew that the government would do all it could to try and recapture them. "We should head south to the border" she said. "If we can get over to Mexico then we should be safe beyond their reach."
    Last edited by Crazywolf; 07-23-2014 at 10:08 AM.
    Born to be a king & fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

In the um. The place. With the elves and the orcs and crown jewels and talking lions and whatnot.
    As long as it has plot, it's all good
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jay stayed on all fours for a few minutes, not entirely focusing on conversation and rather making sure he regained enough energy to just keep walking for the rest of the night. By the end of his rest, he could keep his eyes open and his breathing was back to normal. What was going on around him wasn't so normal, however. Screams resounded from the camp, one of the Specials, the blind boy, was riding a deer and a whole herd of them were leading all the other Specials deeper into the forest. Jay was a bit scared to say anything, so he figured his best chance of surviving was to just go with the herd. They were much less likely to go mad, screaming bloody murder upon the Specials than the guards were. He stuck to the back of the group, though, so if something was about to happen, he could hide behind a tree or something. At this point he was too weak to protect even himself, let alone anyone else in the group.

One of the girls, Isabel, suggested that they head over the Mexican border and that they would be safe there. Jay highly doubted it--whoever had kept them captive probably wouldn't stop just because they were over the border. But maybe he was wrong and they only cared that these people were on their country's soil. He didn't say anything and followed the others' orders.
    Last edited by Ameron; 07-23-2014 at 02:10 PM.
    Enjoy the Game

historical, fantasy, dystopian, superpowers/gifted
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

"Alright, Claude. Get on. He's harmless. He's here to help us." Cecelia assured to the blind boy, finally learning his name. "No, you're not a bother. We're in this together now. Getting out of that facility was a team effort." She continued, sticking around for several more moments to ensure the boy was steadily mounted onto the deer's back. The last thing she wanted was an accident when they were already potentially so close to being home free. Glancing around at the others, she realized she was definitely still one of the ones in better shape at this time. The others had participated in the last battle while it had been something she had been powerless to partake in. Here, however, was where her hard work came in.

"Useful? Yes. Risky? Yes. It's exactly why the government has so much interest in me. I've been on the run from them for a lot longer than it may appear." Cecelia turned towards the other guy who seemed to be displaying interest in her. She could only chuckle and perhaps feel fortunate the others didn't have the sort of abilities she had. Clearly the government knew that by use of her gift, and her's alone they would be invincible; through hacking foreign computer networks and deciphering secret codes that were supposed to be espionage proof they would have access to all the information in the world no matter how secret. That had been further proven to the girl during her three days in the facility than it had in any other time of her life. That was why she needed to get away. Away to somewhere safe and perhaps even sympathetic to her kind. Clearly the others shared similar sentiment.

"Now that we're regrouped I can only suggest we begin on the move. I'm sure it'll only be so long the guards are held off. They know the dangers we pose to them, me in particular, but you all may have caught onto that by now. Would Mexico really be any safer though?" Cecelia continued as the deer began growing impatient and giving a cue to begin the journey out of the forest. They were undoubtedly better guides than any human, knowing their natural habitat so Cecelia was feeling pretty good about this whole thing.

Fantasy, Scifi, futuristic, superpowers, some romance, just about anything if it has a good story
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Emmett looked down at his leg, where the bullet had pierced his flesh. Though his pants were soaked in blood, he was able to put full weight on it. His shoulder was free-moving as well, as demonstrated by his range of motion. Feeling relatively normal, he smiles slightly, gratefully at Isabel, who had been kind enough to help him along while his regeneration was taking care of his injuries. The appearance of the forest-dwellers was quite a surprise, but he smiled anyway, amazed at the use of power.

"I'm okay. Right as rain, see?" Emmett hops a little on the once-injured leg leg, which supports his full weight with seemingly no issue. It was quite sore, and still a bit painful, but it was certainly bearable. "I'm feeling a lot better now, so i'll just run. Maybe you should right though... after carrying me like that. And, thanks for that, by the way." Emmett felt a little embarrassed that someone had to carry him away from the facility, but he was also very grateful. The sounds of gunfire, however, brought him back to reality.

"We can head down to Mexico, but it might take a long time to get there. We can't trust any public transportation. I'd say let's find a place to hide for now and come up with a plan."

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Isabel was impressed to see Emmett move so freely. But then he did have the gift of body manipulation, maybe he just absorbed damage more easily. Meanwhile she looked with uncertainty at the deer beside them. They seemed tame for the minute but they were still wild creatures. Having grown up her whole life in the city she had never been a big nature person. "I can't believe your leg healed up so quick" she replied to Emmett. "As for the ride though I think I'll pass. I'm fine to just walk for a bit. And with the public transportation thing... yeah I guess it could be a risk."

As they stood about she shivered slightly in her khaki t-shirt in the cool night air. Obviously they all still wore the inmate uniform. She rubbed her arms a bit to keep them warm then turned her attention back to the others. "I agree that we should definitely get moving again" she said. "As to Mexico all I know is that they can't re-arrest us there. In many cases they may simply just be glad to be rid of us. But I guess we can discuss our plans in further detail once we reach somewhere a bit safer. Right now lets get going." She looked at Cecilia. "Maybe your forest friends can umm lead the way."

Looking round at the rest of the group she had many questions about all of them. But she realised that possibly some of those questions might need to wait. First of all they needed to get themselves moving.
    Last edited by Crazywolf; 07-24-2014 at 11:00 AM.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

The deer led the group onward through the forest. They passed through acres of tall trees lit only by moonlight that flittered down between the branches. It being fall the ground was littered with the leaves, leaves that now shone silver in the moon's light. Aside from the darkness the ground was fairly easy going and the deer seemed to know their way around.

Isabel followed along as best she could taking caution in the dark not to trip over any roots or fallen branches. Up above she heard an owl hooting. Otherwise the forest seemed calm and still.

Several hours passed then finally in the hour just before dawn the group came upon the edge of the forest and there the deer halted. Directly ahead was a gently sloping pasture and slightly off to the right just across the field there was a set of farm old delapidated looking farm buildings centered around an old white-timbered farmhouse. From a distance that latter seemed to have broken or empty windows making it look abandoned. The other buildings seemed to be a barn and outdoor privy. Beside the house there was also what seemed to have been an orchard though now by looks somewhat overgrown.

*Here is the time-skip. The deer have guided us to an abandoned farm where we can stop and rest.
    Last edited by Crazywolf; 07-25-2014 at 09:31 PM.

In the um. The place. With the elves and the orcs and crown jewels and talking lions and whatnot.
    As long as it has plot, it's all good
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

After the monotonous trudging through the overgrowth in the forest, shaking off countless spiders and accidentally breathing in flies and gnats, it was a huge relief when they came upon the edge of the forest. Jay had thought maybe they had been kept on a small island, or somewhere else remote, but right next to the forest was what seemed to be unused farmland. Crops were all overgrown, buildings were sagging and broken, and not a soul walked on the streets.

Hmm, how convenient.

He so wanted to just relax and rest there, but it was way too dangerous.

"Um, guys? Don't you think that that would be the first place the scientists and guards would look? I mean, we escaped into the forest and right next to it is this convenient resting area. And they had helicopters and cars to get here, whereas we followed deer. We're probably just heading for an ambush. Resting in the forest would probably be safer."

He was afraid that he might have sounded too arrogant so he added, "Or I could be wrong. This could be the perfect opportunity for a few hours of no worries."
    Enjoy the Game

Fantasy, Scifi, futuristic, superpowers, some romance, just about anything if it has a good story
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Emmett shrugged his shoulders, smiling slightly as the girl commented on the rate at which his leg had healed. Truly it was a quick recovery, one that sapped quite a bit of energy from his body. But it was much better than limping around, relying on others for help and riding wild animals. He had taken note of the apparently blind young man, wondering how he was able to remain so nonchalant about everything, despite the hindrance of lacking conventional eyesight. Though it didn't seem to slow him down much, and his power certainly helped, though Emmett wasn't sure what it was.

"Yeah, kinda convenient I guess. Not much help to the group. Not like shooting fire a guard towers from a distance. Pretty cool if you ask me." Emmett shrugged again, feeling rather inadequate in comparison to some of the others. Their powers seemed to be limited only by the strength of their will. Moving water, wielding fire, speaking to computers and animals. But his own ability was very physically oriented. Often it didn't matter how strong his will to endure was, if his body was unwilling to shift, he was on his own. Whether or not it was true was a debatable matter, but he couldn't help but feel that way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having escaped the forest, Emmett observed their new surroundings. An old dilapidated building stood alone in a field, appearing to have not been in use for quite some time. Crops were dying out, and the plant life was out of control, with vines creeping up the walls and invading every crevice they could find. Windows were broken and glass covered the floors. He took a long look around, then spoke allowed with no small degree of gravity in his voice.

"I think we're assuming here that we plan on sticking together. We're probably stronger as a group, but we're also more obvious. I think we should find a place to hide out, then decide once we get there if we're going to stay together or disburse." Emmett himself was seriously considering going his own way. They were blind as bats and heavy as elephants when it came to leaving a trail to be followed. No doubt the search dogs were already being rallied together to begin the chase. Their fight was long from over. He was grateful that his bleeding had stopped leaving a trail behind them, but their odors were more than enough to follow.
    Last edited by Vestige Warrior; 07-26-2014 at 05:55 PM.

At the top of the tallest tree in the forest.
    Anything with a good plot. :)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tessa shifted her weight to one leg. "It would be safer to rest in the cover of trees, but we can look around the farmhouse for supplies and maybe find out where we are." She suggested. The forest felt safer. She could perch or climb any of the trees and rest comfortably, but how to keep the whole team hidden for a few hours of rest was a more difficult question. All Tessa knew for sure was that they needed to make a decision and stick with it before someone collapsed from exhaustion.
    Who are we but in the stars?

Spoiler: Blackbloods. Run to the shadows, for they are the only hope. 

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Isabel stood and surveyed the dilapidated farm buildings. After walking all night she felt dead on her feet.

"That idea is fine for me" she said in response to Tessa. "Just so long as we can stop to rest. I don't know how long exactly it will take them to track us. I suppose by now they have called in all the state police and other federal agencies as well as themselves... As to disbursing ourselves I don't know, I guess it's a possibility. I'll do whatever is decided."
    Last edited by Crazywolf; 07-26-2014 at 06:25 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast