Thread: Mirrors Edge - The Network

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default Mirrors Edge - The Network

"You can't force other people to live by your rules and your society, even if your society is better,"

Well. I have no idea who said that, but I wish our damn government would listen.

It's been ten years since the November riots, the peaceful protests that went wrong. Ten years of peace and tranquility and la di la di days of sunshine and general niceness.
    Ugh.
    Utterly boring don't you think.

Well, that's only what the government think is going on. If they could only see our little network I think they'd have heart attacks.
    The Runners. Couriers who carry physical communiqués around the city, revolutionary groups who avoid communicating via highly monitored telephone and e-mail channels, troublemakers. Or just free?

Anyway I'll stop rambling and get to the point. Well done I suppose, you're all still breathing so I assume you've passed basic training. We'll put you to work straight away, somethin easy to start you off I think.

Your job is to deliver a package. Easy right? They're located within your satchels and should not, I repeat SHOULD NOT be opened on any account. You'll all be at different ends of the city so no hand holding I'm afraid. I'll radio you your locations.

We all good?
    Brilliant.
    Now go.

Plot

Basically while you're all out delivering you'll discover what your packages are, I don't mind how Ill let you choose. Anyway, inside the satchels are explosives. They can be of any type (again I'll let you choose if you wanna be really specific). The thing is, who are they really from and for. Are the Runners becoming terrorists? Or is the government going too far?
    You'll just have to find out I suppose.

Rules

Basic RP rules apply really
    Fel free to PM me if you have any questions. I don't bite I promise

Character Sheet

Name:
    Appearance: (Picture and/or description)
    [B]Personality:
    History: (Specifically how did you join the runners/government? Please don't do too many parents died in the riots. Let's keep things interesting )

My Own character

Name: Dixie

Appearance: https://xx-iona-star-xx.deviantart.co...eeks-386811474 Ottie has a tall slim build with pale ivory skin. Her eyes are a bright hazely green and she often wears eyeliner to bolden their look. Like all runners she has a series of iconic tatoos running up her left arm. For clothing she wears a black tee shirt with grey tight jeans. To avoid tripping she keeps the hems of her jeans tucked into her knee lentgh lace up boots.

Personality: Bossy ("Only a little!") Sassy, Fiery, witty, sarcastic, humourus, loyal, stubborn, dreamer, and a bit of a romantic ... just don't say that to her face.

History: Dixies family were one of the first to join and start the Runners in the first place. She was brought up running th city rooftops, it's said she was climbing before she could even walk.

Dixies cousin is Merc, the current leader of the runners. This handy family connection has landed her a decent position within the runners. She commands her own little squadron of mostly newbies, training them and getting them on their way.

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

The Froggiest
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)

Hello there, it looks like you’re off to an amazing start! Here are a few links that will help you get your game noticed! Have fun and happy RPing!

And if you need any graphics for your Roleplay of the Week submission, the Banner shop is a great place to go for them!

The Roleplaying Games Directory is also a nifty place to advertise your thread!

Wanna know a secret? Staff Siggies are pretty cool too!

Extra, extra, read all about it! Show off your stuff with the RPA Tribune!

Good luck!!!