Page 1 of 46 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shifting Times [M]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Default Shifting Times [M]

Rated M: Fantasy Violence, Heavy Charged themes on sensitive subjects such as prejudice and unjustified hatred towards specific groups, mild swearing, slice of life drama, and sex for dem older folks

Shifting Times

^ Totally Clik that title cause it's a song, theme song
    *Disclaimer: So before anyone joins this RP and thinks, wow what an awesometastical idea of awesometastical stuff. And I'm like, yeah I know because I'm Clyde. *cough arrogant ass* This RP is set within the wizarding world created by Rowling. Except Clyde didn't put Harry Potter in the title because this is an after Harry Potter. And cause Harry Potter ain't the main character here, I ain't calling it Harry Potter: Shifting Times. If you still want to join and know nothing about the HP universe other than there was this magic kid who could have totally killed Voldemort with a gun. Be my guest. Cause you don't need to know much to join my game. I always try to make my games open like that, cause I am awesome.

Can someone tell me where the nearest MCdonald is?

His name will go down in history as the Boy Who Lived. And Lived he did as he try to build a better future of the wizarding world. When his death came, it shattered the many hearts of people, he was a man no one would ever forget for the deeds and the bravery he showed to save a world of strangers he didn't know. Despite all the work of the Order of the Phoenix and those who died. And those who spoke his words, there are things in this world you cannot change.

This story starts all the way back to the very beginning in 2014. When the first death was discovered. His name was Edmond Birch, a well known and influential men in the Ministry. At first not many people thought about it. Then there were rumors of the one thing everyone still feared even to this day. Those few spoken words, Death Eaters. The Ministry first shook it off as no more than ill rumors. The case of Edmon Birch would remain open for two years after that. Even the Ministry of Magic had to admit there was something strange about his death.

Something dark was afoot. Something nefarious was lurking the shadows. Could it be Death Eaters? Now? Did that mean He Musn't Be Named had somehow found another way to survived even his own death? That couldn't be possible, now could it? Could it?

It was then, not soon later another Ministry member was found dead. Rebecca Chansey. Her body was terribly mauled, as if an animal had gotten ahold of her. The Ministry had no choice. They had to act. There was something weird going on and there was no evidence. They had no evidence. Someone was targeting the Ministry.

The only consideration they had, was that it was the work of the only Death Eater sympathizer they could think of. The Magical Creatures. They had gotten better benefits over time, but the workers were still displeased. And many of them disgruntled. The Ministry in 2016 did the only they could think of. Which was create magical districts for all the magical beings. Werewolves, House Elves, Vampires, Gnomes, Giants. Were all squeezed into magical districts for them to live.

What choice did they have? They were afraid. Paranoid. Someone was targeting them. And then it all went quiet.

The RP

It is 2020, after the Ministration was put in place that all magical creatures were to be placed into districts till they figured out who was at work. Though restrictions have gotten looser, as some wizarding folk complained. The rich and Pureblood couldn't be expected to do their work on their own without the help of their house elves. Gringotts was failing under wizardry control, so some Gnomes were allowed back. Werewolves claimed humanity at least when the full moon wasn't around, some were allowed to work. But in the end all of them would end up sleeping at night in the districts.

One man stepped forward to speak for all these creatures. His name was Sigmund Faust and he was the newest headmaster for Hogwarts. He had seen the Ministry shut their doors to paranoia and fear. He believed it no more than superstition. So he request the Ministry allow himself the opportunity to choose 5 Student Representatives of Magical Beings to join the Wizarding children this year at Hogwarts. Not everyone was on board of course.

The RP, The 5 Magical Beings are not the main focus of this RP. I will have 5 special slots, and you must choose 1 to represent. First come, first serve, and will be decided on who wrote something the most creative and unique. The RP will be about Hogwarts, naturally, during a time of prejudice, distrust, and there will be a greater evil at play soon.

The Rules

You know the drill follow all the RPA Rules.

Now as you know I give you all the clearance that I am an easy going GM. And I am. Today I have someone new on board. Her name is Elizabeth16, you all know here. Treat her well.

Now here are some Important Things- My House Rules

1. You WILL treat Everyone in this RP With Respect. What goes on the IC stays in the IC. And Will Not Be Brought here. Any Arguments Will be an Immediate Close of this RP.

2. Do NOT get particularly nasty. Now I know this is a heavy theme and it has a lot of stirred pots of emotions. But this will be Played Out as Any Harry Potter Book. Some Bullying. Some Nasty Slythereins. Etc. Again though Treat Other Characters with Respect, Even if this RP Isn't a Nice RP. Anyone who goes Over the Line. I do not care how laidback I am. I do not care how easy going I am. You Will be kicked out.

3. Since I know that this was a lot to read and I am being a little more serious than my joking nature. At the end of your character sheet, I want you to write, "Dumbledore's Army". Thank you.

4. Please Have Fun. I know I am being a little barky. But I always create and construct things for Fun.

5. This RP's Main Theme is About Equality. Accepting One's Neighbor as One's Own. I am going to treat you all as an Adult. And Hope you can create characters who may be a little paranoid, afraid, or prejudice in a respectful manner. In the end the RP is labeled Shifting Times. Because we are going to lift prejudice, and hatred, and change times. You may create characters who are prejudice. However, You will do in a Respectful manner.

Accepted Characters:

The 5 Magical Beings:
    *Disclaimer- First come, first serve. I will not be taking any reservations for the 5 Student Representatives. Your character has to be interesting, unique, and otherwise well thought out. That's how it will get accepted.

House Elf

Vampire

Werewolf

Half Giant

Gnome

The Rest of the Student Body:
    *Be sure to not over flood one dorm with to many of one student

Gryffindor

Ravenclaw

Otti-Caoimhe294

Hufflepuff

Slytherien

Anya-Alicemalice15

Teachers:

Use this Wikia as your guide

Core Classes

Astronomy

Charms

Defense Against the Dark Arts

Flying

Herbology

History of Magic-Loren Fields-Clyde

*Potions- Mason Caw-Duke

Transfiguration

*Notes on Potion Teacher: You will be in charge of making the Wolfsbane potion

Third Year and Up Classes

Study of Ancient Runes

Arithmacy

Muggle Studies- Eric Bobafius- Imperial1917

Care of Magical Creatures

Apparition [six years]

Alchemy- See Potions Teacher

*Extracurricular classes

*Notes: EC classes will be handled by any teacher who wants them. So any of those teachers up there ^ can teach any of these EC classes as a secondary class

Ancient Studies

Art

Earth Magic

Muggle Art

Music

Muggle Music

Magical Theory

Xylomacy

Frog Choir

Hogwarts Orchestra

Character Sheet:

*Disclaimer: I will be accepting characters who ancestral lineage might be that of one of the canon characters

For Students

Name: [Your Name]
    Year: [4-7, only]
    Race: [only if you want to be one of the 5, look above]
    Dorm: [I'll allow you to choose your own dorm. Remember do not overcrowd one dorm. For the 5, Put Extra Dorm on your sheet. Your Dorm is handled by one of my NPCs.]
    Quidditch: [Are you on the Quidditch team]
    Appearance: [Picture or text. I like both helps me get to know the character better]
    Personality: [Likes, dislikes, who they are? how they behave? what do they think? etc.]
    History: [Write a history. How they live? Etc.]

For Teachers:

Name: [Same as above]
    Years: [Different than students how long have you been working at Hogwarts]
    Classes: [see above]
    Secondary Class: [Either NA or choose an Extracurricular course]
    Race: [Mostly humans, please don't make special races a thing. If you are a different race, you are in charge of the Extra Dorm to give the 5 students some courage, help them when they are lonely and crying. You are also a representative and have to play nice when the Ministry visits. If different race, explain why the Ministry cleared your charge to work.]
    Appearance: [Your appearance. Picture or text. I like both]
    Personality: [Same as above. Likes. Dislikes. Define your character]
    History: [Some of them will be older. If older, explain what they think of the new policies, etc. Explain how they have made it through these difficult times, etc.]
    Last edited by Mr.Cynic; 07-14-2014 at 05:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Reserved for awesome GM things.

Spoiler: You must promise me you will hold on to hope. 

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

I have to take 10mins or so before I create my character. Loren Fields. [Ah you can guess many things off of that]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Hello you two ! If you'd like to advertise/show off your RP to the site to garner more interest, here are some helpful links:

Roleplaying Games Directory – Add your RP to the directory!
    Staff Sigs – Have the staff advertise your RP in their signatures!
    Roleplay of the Week – Enter your RP in "Roleplay of the Week" to show it off to the site!
    Roleply of the Week Banner Shop – Get a cool banner made for your RP!
    The RPA Tribune – Get your RP featured in the RPA News!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Advertisement has been approved then.

The black Cat
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

What are the post length and frequency requirements?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

I don't care. I have no requirements. I never was the type of person to say you need to post this long and this much and this fast. I understand people are busy and give them the time they need. If I think we're moving on to fast without people I generally will stop posting till others get their chance.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

*achooo*

^That never happened and I sneeze so powerful sometimes

Anything and everything
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Anya Lucia McTeig
    Year: 6th
    Dorm: Slytherin
    Quidditch: Nope
    Appearance: Anya is a spoiled pure blood princess. She gets everything she wants no matter the reason. She has the best hair clothes makeup money can buy and more. Her soft brunette hair and big caramel brown eyes make her sort of an idol amongst her peers and her adorably soft laugh and cute smile have been known to unfreeze the hearts of even the strictest and most cold hearted teachers.

Spoiler: What are you looking at? 

Spoiler: shhhhhh you'll get us caught! or maybe I will... 

Spoiler: All according to plan. 

Personality: Contrary to her angelic and cute looks Anya is actually kind of rebellious. She likes to use her looks and money to do things she isn't supposed to. She is nice to those who are her friends and will help hem get anything and go anywhere regardless of whether they have permission or not. Those who get in her way however see her dark side and she has no qualms about beating someone senseless. She is sneaky and cunning and great at coming up with excuses.

-Likes: Being rebellious, making friends, getting what she wants, sweets, cute clothes, and sleeping in

-Dislikes: being forced to do something, rude people, being woken up, and being bored

History: Anya grew up an only child in an large pure blood family. Like most she was brought up on high class arrogance and wizarding aristocratic flamboyance. Every aspect of her life was lived in posh well designed decadence....until her parents' eyes were turned that is. That is when Anya would sneak off to live another life. The life of a carefree, rowdy street kid, someone others could actually interact with and get to know as a human being.

She would sneak out whenever she could and get in to all sorts of trouble like any regular teenager, and unlike her family she would hold no prejudice over those with less money or less pure bloodlines. They were all the same to her. You were either worth her time because you could be yourself or you were not.

Then she got enrolled at Hogwarts and her rebellious ways were left to flourish. Now she is considered the queen bee of Hogwarts. If you want anything, she's the one to go to.

**Dumbledore's Army
    Last edited by AliceMalice15; 07-08-2014 at 03:54 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

I like it. However, please define her personality a bit more for me. Then I can accept you. Good job.

Page 1 of 46 123 ... LastLast