Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X-COM Black Skies [M]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default X-COM Black Skies [M]

X-COM Black Skies

The year is 2014 it is a peaceful time on Earth, life was busier than ever. Every day people would wake up, eat breakfast, and start their daily things to do whether it was work, play or anything in between. Never once did most people really look up to the stars and wonder are we alone in the Universe. Of course you would hear of these stories about people being abducted by aliens, but those were just stories. Never once had there been any evidence discovered that these stories held any truth and as such most people just dismissed them as crazy people trying to get attention.

May 22nd 2016 thousands across L.A saw a strange flash of light across the sky. The Police lines had been ringing off the hook of people trying to figure out what was happening. No information could be discovered as to what the lights were, NASA explained it as meteors burning up through the atmosphere hoping to keep panic levels from rising.

August 13th 2017. Secretly the worlds top leaders had all met in Geneva to discuss the findings of all the worlds space organizations. The Americans were picking up strange transmissions, the Canadians had taken photos of strange metallic objects, The Russians found some odd debris, and the list continued as each country presented the information that they had obtained from whatever it was that was happening. It was then decided after a few days of debating and discussing, the X-COM initiative was born, if this was what the evidence was showing then we are not alone in the Universe.

August 20th 2018. People had begun to vanish or were strangely being killed in small communities far away from the larger populations. Reports began to pop up all over the world, and spreading through the internet causing wide spread panic. On August 23th 2018 all the world leaders unanimously agreed to implement the X-COM initiative. The best of the best were taken, Soldiers, Scientists, the best minds of the world and all gathered in a secret location on the planet to begin training to fight and protect our home world from the invaders.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your application has been selected to become a potential member of the worlds most top secret organizations, X-COM. Please fill out this form below.

Name:
    Appearance: (Drawn or real)
    Profession: Assault, Heavy, Sniper, Medic
    Bio:
    Why did you apply?:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At X-COM we require the following from our soldiers

1. You are not immortal and can die
    2. Everyone is an elite, the best of the best do not assume you are any better than anyone else
    3. No one is above the law, it will be upheld or else your status will be terminated.
    4. We advise against intimate relationships but if one does occur do not let it influence your skills.
    5. Be the best you can be, good luck soldier!
    6. This task will require that language, blood, gore, and other horrible things do not offend you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Accepted Soldiers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are all that is left against this invasion, without us there is no you...

Last edited by skyline339; 07-09-2014 at 05:47 AM.
    https://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/305/d/6/fire_dragon_signature_by_alakdilion-d31zuqq.jpg

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Name: Dr. Ben Soloman

Appearance:
    Spoiler: Ben 
    [/HIDE]
    Ben has a very tall slim build, with lanky arms and legs. His features are sharp and incredibly handsome ("If I may say so myself, and I will"). He keeps his brown hair untidily floppy, not too different from his appearance in general. Cardigans and jumpers are the attire of the day, with the shirt always untucked of course.

Profession: "In this case Medic, though I prefer intelligent handsome Genius if you don't mind"

Bio: Born and bred in Kensington, it seemed Ben was destined for a priveledged life. With a Banker Father and a lawyer for a mother, money was certainly not a problem. His childhood was not exactly normal. From what seemed like birth Ben was always a little ... odd. Though he liked to call it genius, others called it insanity. Excelling from the start school life passed like a breeze. Universit however was another challenge to conquest, and conquest he did.

Cambridges resources only let Bens genius flourish. During his academic life he invented approximately two new chemicals, cured three diseases and to top it all off earned a doctorate. Before joining X-COM he was happy experimenting in his own personal labratory but the opportnites the government presented seemed just to irresistable to miss.

Why did you apply?: "Oh lot's of reasons really, shall I list them so you don't get too confused? One, I'm bored. Two, you have money. Three, you have resources. Four, it'll be an adventure. And finally, I never turn down an opportunity to meet new people. I may have made the last one up"

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

The Froggiest
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)

Hello there, it looks like you’re off to an amazing start! Here are a few links that will help you get your game noticed! Have fun and happy RPing!

And if you need any graphics for your Roleplay of the Week submission, the Banner shop is a great place to go for them!

The Roleplaying Games Directory is also a nifty place to advertise your thread!

Wanna know a secret? Staff Siggies are pretty cool too!

Extra, extra, read all about it! Show off your stuff with the RPA Tribune!

Good luck!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome on board Caoimhe, I like it. Ben I feel will be a fantastic field medic as well as laboratory assistant. Just remember he is now working with the smartest people in the world, who knows what new things will be discovered!!
    https://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/305/d/6/fire_dragon_signature_by_alakdilion-d31zuqq.jpg

The Last Remembrancer
    Modern times or Sci-Fi games.
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

I'm kind of interested in this. Did you plan to follow the story of the game? Is EXALT going to make an appearance, or any of the characters introduced via the various DLC packs? How much of an emphasis on tactics in combat? Will this game actually finish, unlike Mobile Armour Combat League? Can we become MEC troopers, bio-enhanced or psychics as the game progresses? Inquiring minds want to know!

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Wait ... This is based off a game?

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

The Last Remembrancer
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey Dakkagor, yes this will finish the other RP was kind of my fault and I am really sorry about that :( Exalt will make be there somewhere, MEC troopers and genetically modified troopers are a thing! I'm working on a way to do tactical combat if you have any ideas that would be awesome!! As for characters, well I think I might stay away from the "pre made characters" from the Slingshot DLC, I always thought the beauty of the game rested within the fact that each soldier was just a nobody who either dies as cannon fodder or becomes a champion.

Caoimhe: It is based off a game, but don't feel overwhelmed if you need help I'm pretty sure you can ask either Dakkagor or me

OH YEAH, I was going to mention, anyone can have multiple characters too!! Depends how many people want to join.

The Pure One
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Name: Eugene Bentley

Profession: Heavy

Bio:

At fourteen Eugene was already the largest kid in his grade and the next. The great genes came from his father who was a body builder and a international rugby player where as his mother was a biologist working for a government agency that experimented with human testing before the company was found out and shut down. Relying on the father's money he received the best education possible from both prestige schools and from her mother. He finished school two years early before studying at a military academy where he finished top of his class before his mother was recruited out of the country leading to a messy divorce and her leaving the country.
    He wanted a way away from home and move around the world to play his part.

Why did you apply?: He wants international citizenship in not just the united stated but Canada too.
    Last edited by SQJ; 07-14-2014 at 01:14 PM.

The Last Remembrancer
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Name: Tendo Higurashi

Appearance:

MV5BMTU4MDI1NjY1NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTA5ODI3MDE@._V1_SY317_CR90,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Profession: Assault

Bio: Born in Kobe District, Tendo was always an athlete, less interested in 'otaku' interests like manga or computer games. He joined the JSDF at age 18 and decided to pursue a career in the military. He has actually been overseas on peacekeeping missions with the JSDF, but compared to soldiers from other countries he has less experience than others. With the increasing technological complexity of modern warfare, he has done his best to keep pace with new technology and this has helped bridge the gap between him and his younger brother, who is a classic nerd. He's picked up a quiet love of classic science fiction in his down time between deployments.

Why did you apply?: Tendo volunteered for the XCOM program because he has seen some of the early UFO sightings himself, over his home town. He feels he has a duty to defend people from the alien menace, no matter the cost.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast