Page 1 of 31 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Falling Skies: 7th Mobile Armor Suit Team (Sci-Fi, Mecha)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default [M] Falling Skies: 7th Mobile Armor Suit Team (Sci-Fi, Mecha)

Rated M for Violence and Mature themes.

Falling Skies: 7th Mobile Armor Suit Team
    In Character

It is year 2899. Humanity has long since conquered the stars around them. The resources and riches from their conquests had brought the human race into an Golden Age of technological advancement. Powerful self sustaining AI's were developed to aid humans and their machines, and cyborg parts allowed cripples and the weak to continue working for society.With the advent of AI, biotech and cybertechnology several centuries prior, the advancement of humanity has grown exponentially. Starships of massive proportions were built, floating worlds in space were created, massive Utopia cities on lush green planets were erected. Worlds beyond even what humanity thought were possible were discovered. Wars weren't fought, the human race was too busy expanding at a breakneck pace. Life was perfect. Nothing could possibly go wrong.

And then it did. By the year 2480, Humanity had overextended itself; the great sprawling empire it had forged had become too large for it to support itself. The empire collapsed onto itself. In the course of 20 years, the mighty empire humanity had established splintered into thousands of factions. The fall of the Empire resulted in a massive power vacuum and the Galaxy erupted into a large feudal war. Some factions grew power by warring with other factions, taking them over; others stayed secluded for as long as they could. Many were taken back by the earth empire, and just as many were lost in deep space.

By the 25th Century, most of the numerous factions had consolidated into 3 major powers: The original Earth Empire, the largest and most numerous of the 3 powers, made up of most of the core empire planets; The Coalition, a group of separatists strictly opposed to the Earth Empire, spanning across most of colonial space; and the Krellian Republic, a reclusive, bizarre group focused mainly along the outskirts of known space. The Earth Empire and the Coalition fight bitterly, the Empire seeking to reclaim their lost territory, and the Coalition fighting for a new order in the galaxy. The Krellians choose to stay out of the conflict, their faraway frontier colonies too far away to be bothered by the other two factions.

By the turn of the 26th century, the Earth Empire and the Coalition had suffered dreadful casualties on both sides, and just as many worlds lost in the splintering had been razed by both sides. The two superpowers agreed to an uneasy truce. That marked the start of an intergalactic cold war, as the two superpowers begin a buildup of military strength and engage in proxy wars with smaller nations and colonies.

As the end of the 28th century drew near, a series of failed operations by the Earth Empire at an attempt at securing a rumored Coalition Superweapon has sparked up and reignited the flames of war. After almost 300 years of peace, war between the Coalition and the Empire had renewed in earnest. Millions of people from both sides are drafted as fleets of starships and planets are thrown into vicious war. The Coalition forces take advantage of the Empire’s overextended lines to take victory after victory by utilizing a new type of fighting machine: Mobile Armor Suits, a humanoid fighting machine much more maneuverable than conventional aircraft and ground units, and effective in most environmental situations.

In an attempt to counter the new threat and reorganize their military efforts, the Empire assembles the 101st Legion, a Special Forces unit with the purpose of using Mobile Armor Suits of Imperial design to counter the Coalition Suits. All the meanwhile, the Krellian Republic continues to watch from a distance, giving unease to both sides.

Though off to a rough start, the 101st Legion has proven to be an effective counter to Coalition Suits and has become the standard to which new Mobile Armor Suit units are designed after. The 101st has received news that the Coalition may be attempting to pull out its Superweapon to bare on the people of the Empire. Despite knowing full well the superstition and misfortune that has revolved around this weapon, the 101st regardless prepares to strike. This is Falling Skies: 7th Mobile Armor Suit Team.

Hello everyone! Welcome to the OOC for "Falling Skies: 7th Mobile Armor Suit Team"! This a spinoff installment of a very old series of mine, formerly known as Operation Crisis (Back at my old RP site). The Crisis Universe has been relatively cannon, events of the previous Operation Crisis (completed or not) helping to shape the universe of this current one. This particular RP will follow the adventures of a group of men and women from the Earth Empire’s 101st Legion. I will be accepting up to five other players, so this is not first come first served. This will be different than the other Crisis RP’s in that this will be a Robo Suit like RP, like Gundam and Robotech, and Super Robot Wars. Unlike typical Gundam series, I aim to make this RP seem more realistic and gritty rather than over-the-top space Gundam maneuvers capable of destroying dozens of enemies.

Plot:
    If you couldn't be bothered to read that huge blurb up top...
    We the players will play the role of the 7th MAS (Mobile Armor Suit) Team, a special squad from the United Earth Empire 101st MAS Legion, as they venture deep into Coalition Space in order to capture and destroy a Coalition Super Weapon. Our story will be dramatic and tense as we attempt to prevail over insurmountable odds. Our characters will face daunting challenges, testing their wit and willpower, as well as their morals as they are pushed to their absolute limits in this RP that blends humanity with the awesomeness that is giant robot suits.

Terminology and Technology:

Spoiler: Major Factions 

Spoiler: Organizations 

Spoiler: Mobile Armor Suits 

Spoiler: Weapons Technology 

Mobile Armor Suit Builder:
    Since this RP revolves around Mobile Armor Suits, you need to know how to build one. Not actually physically DIY build it in your backyard, but learn the ins and outs of what your MAS needs to be in order to be a MAS.

Spoiler: Chassis 

Spoiler: Power Cores and Weight 

Spoiler: Weapons 

Spoiler: Armor and Extra Equipment 

Spoiler: Sample MAS 

Spoiler: Sample MAS 2 

Character Sheets
    The following are the character sheets for the 7th Mobile Armor Suit team, the CS's are a 2 part thing. The first one is your character, the pilot. The second part is your actual MAS, which you can make using the MAS builder above.
    Spoiler: Pilot Profile 

Spoiler: Mobile Armor Suit Profile 

5th Expeditionary Fleet 'The Fighting Fifths'
    Spoiler: dakkagor 

Spoiler: Gemini I and II 

7th MAS Team Roster
    Spoiler: Vietmyke 

Spoiler: Wabbradford 

Spoiler: Derpnaster 

Spoiler: Lord Tully 

Spoiler: Juicesir 

Spoiler: Skyline339 

Coalition Mobile Armor Division (C-MAD) Special Operations Team
    Spoiler: Hoef 

Spoiler: Thelonewanderer 

Coalition Mobile Armor Suit Models:
    Spoiler: AAT-004C Ferir 
    Last edited by vietmyke; 07-23-2014 at 08:44 PM.
    Nothing there yet, but we're working on it!
    Spoiler: Nice things from nice people! 

Freaking Gundam meets RPA!

Willshaper
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Semi realistic, and fantasy, with a pinch of Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Save me a spot will ya?! I enjoyed the last RP I did we you (May it rest I peace) and I have an idea to bring a ramped up version of my character from FoH, (updates and modernized of course)

"Life before death,
    Strength before weakness,
    Journey before destination."
    -The First Ideal

Fantasy, Horror, Adventure, Martial Arts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Normally, I wouldn't join a Roleplay like this, as I'm not very into the whole "Mech-suit-anime" scene, but this looks so well done and thought out that I've become quite excited for it.

I'll start making a character ASAP.

---update---

And a question. I notice how, to start with, there isn't much power/weight to put into your MAS suit, so we have to be careful with what equipment we choose. I like this, but it brings up the question.

Will we be upgrading our suits during the Roleplay?
    Last edited by Wabbradford; 07-16-2014 at 04:38 AM.

Spoiler: Quotes I live by 

Spoiler: Quotes you people Said 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ohhh, I will have a CS up tomorrow, I just, can't say no to mechs of any kind.
    Spoiler: sorry but I have some bad news 

Made for me by the wonderful AliceMalice15

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@Wabbradford, We will most likely be upgrading out suits, but I haven't decided on that for sure. Experimental weapons may be lighter weight, and we might find more efficient power units as the RP goes on.

On the flip side, if you want more weight/power limits, you can pick up suspension systems and an experimental reactor. You're turning yourself into a walking nuke, but its there.

Willshaper
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Appearance: Standing at an unimpressive five feet and six inches and with dyed white hair, Iyra looks small but damn serious about her piloting.

Her Normal appearance is one with an outfit consisting of a white tank top shirt and denim jeans that are comfortable to move around in and not overly formal. On her left wrist she wears a black band with a skull and crossbones, and on occasion she can be seen wearing a black bandanna over her relatively long hair.

Iyra has an olive tan skin and dark eyes that seem to contrast with her abnormally bright hair. Her overall figure is one of a build that is toned well from training and strong, her dress sizes are small, about a size 5 and her chest is incredibly small and almost flat when compared to other women (not that we ever want to do that). She also has a scar on her left wrist from an incident when she was six, she keeps it covered with her armband.

When piloting her MAS armor Iyra wears a black armored piloting suit with plates molded to her legs, chest, back, arms etc. the body glove is black as well and contains the various tubes and wires that are needed to safely operate a MAS.

Name: Hayes, Iyra. (Yes I am quite serious about that name) (really no one remembers the song from Johnny Cash?)
    Callsign: N/A
    Kills: none

Psychological Analysis:
    Currently cleared for combat. Hayes shows extreme ability to think and react quickly under the simulation environments and seems to show a similar skill when put through live fire testing. Her willingness and ability to follow orders however is at times questionable due to a strong personality that despite the risk of disobedience, has also proven to be what makes her a viable pilot.

Alongside normal evaluations Iyra was also given extra evaluations given her history and previous mannerisms before entering MASTS. What they have revealed is that Iyra is fairly unaffected in combat by her history, as she seems to have gotten over it, however it does seem to have had an effect on her ability to form informal bonds such as friendship and she seems to be a person who while quiet strong willed, is more of the silent resistance type rather than brash, and headstrong.

Military Record:
    Iyra was born on a boarder world to a military family. Her father was a MAS pilot on station for eight years to help stabilize the region and aid in repelling Coalition attacks.

However one day the tense peace that was the norm was shattered when a massive coalition fleet jumped out of warp and unloaded hundreds of MAS and infantry on the military base where Iyra and the other families were living until a more comfortable lodging could be built. At the time the six year old Iyra did not understand why her father had left that day and didn't come back. Nor did she get why she was herded onto a ship while her mother stayed behind and shipped off to Mars and her grandparents.

For the next seven years Iyra was a fairly depressed and solemn child. Often when she was around ten she would read the battle reports, but she never finished them, she knew exactly what happened to the only two people she cared about.

Around thirteen Iyra happened to stumble upon an even held to boost moral at home and spread a little more propaganda about the enemy. At that even she met a MAS pilot ,Phoebe she said her name was, who sparked within the silent teenager a fire, and a new goal. She would become a MAS pilot and do her part to avenge her family.

At 15 Iyra entered MASTS and began her long path to becoming a pilot she worked hard but she often fell short of the others during her first year, however during her fourth year she once again met Phoebe who it turned out had suffered an accident and had lost most of her hearing.
    It was thanks to Phoebe's mentoring and patience that Iyra rose from the bottom of her class in her first and second year, to being one of the best pilots in the light and medium category and raising her score from almost zero in heavy class to average.

Iyra graduated from MASTS with an impressive 965 (out of 1,000) in the ultra light to medium mech category. But only scoring 512.(average) in heavy or higher class mechs. Iyra is within the top 20% of her class. After MASTS she was selected and assigned to the 101st and sent to the 7th unit.

At the moment she is awaiting clearance to use a combat MAS and for now is only permitted the use of her Light class mech and even then only for guard duty or direct ground support against other infantry.

She is currently unaware of who her new team will be.

Equipment: HK 416
    Chambered for the 5.56x45 NATO round, the Heckler and Koch HK416 was a replacement for the M4 and M16 type carbines when it was initially produced. Now this weapon serves a similar role for MAS pilots who'd rather carry the lighter and faster weapon over the more modern and much heavier assault weapons

Nonstandard Springfield Armory XDm .40 S&W
    A Larger pistol than the standard issue 9x26mm Parabellum pistols the XDM is however lighter due to its polymer frame and has a two step in trigger safety. Chambered for the .40 S&W cartridge and with a standard capacity of 16 rounds per clip the XDM is still a very strong weapon.
    Last edited by Derpnaster; 07-21-2014 at 05:10 AM.

"Life before death,
    -The First Ideal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm sure you're probably still working on that, but a couple quick fixes:

You're fresh outa school, you don't get a callsign until after your first mission/kill.

Also, you're cleared to use Light and Mediums as a rookie, Ultra Lights are simple to use and usually the suit is just sent to the ground forces, and an infantry man climbs into it instead of a dedicated MAS pilot

Willshaper
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Alright. I'll fix that

And you are correct. Though I was wondering if we can use more than on mech. Or do we get one and done?

- - - Updated - - -

There we go. Changed it to fit your specifications.

"Life before death,
    -The First Ideal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I mean, I assumed people would just use one mech, because it'd be their own personal mech, fitted with customizations how they liked, but I could easily expand the roster of mass produced MAS's for people to pick and choose from

Willshaper
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

I'm fine either way I just wanted to know because I was planning on having Iyra start out with a light mech then move to a medium mech when she gets her callsign.

"Life before death,
    -The First Ideal

Page 1 of 31 123 ... LastLast