Page 1 of 15 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [IC] Sanguine : Firefly post Serenity [PG-13]

Near the Halo Ring by the Omega 4 Relay with the other Power Rangers
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    D&D, Sci-fi, realistic ones, and ones with a video game twist.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default [IC] Sanguine : Firefly post Serenity [PG-13]

(This RP is rated PG-13 for the following Action/Violence, Mild Language, (Maybe) Partial Nudity, Some Drug/Alcohol Use, and Crude Humor)

Spoiler: Theme Song for the RP 

Spoiler: THE SHIP!!!!! 

THIS IS A LINK TO THE MAP OF THE ENTIRE 'VERSE! CLICK HERE TO VIEW IT AND CHECK IT OUT!

Sitting back in a chair, strumming his guitar lightly not really playing a song, just enjoying the sound of it. His feet were propped up on a real heavy, real wood table in the middle of the dinning area, which he had bolted to the floor just incase things got out of hand and it wouldn't fly around the room to injure any of the crew or passengers inside the ship. The chairs, which were also real wood, were also bolted, but only one leg with the ability to move it around, but centered on that leg, even allowing the sitter to lean back a little bit. Four chairs on either side, with one on either end. The chair he was sitting in normally had its back to the engine room, as he leaned back in it and looked up through the sky light-like-window and took a drink of his inter-engine fermented alcohol. Granted the stuff was strong when it was fresh, but you let it ferment for a few weeks to a month, and it was ripe, perfect to drink without causing you to lose your breath unless you weren't use to drink it, it also worked great as a degreaser and lubricant for the engine and it's various parts.

As he looked up at the various stars that could be seen through the roof window, he placed his "home-made" alcohol on the floor, and took in a deep breath. The hum of the engine was smoother then the other ships he's been in, not to mention it wasn't as loud as the other Fireflies he flew in when he served or needed to be moved about before he got his own ship. Looking back at it for a few moments, he couldn't believe that he had to replace nearly every part on it just to get it to work right. All the parts were new or lightly used, granted he hated buying things like that, but when it came to his ship, he had to weigh the options and it wasn't in the favor of going with older parts. Taking another swig of his drink, he strummed his guitar some more lightly, this time, looking ahead to the cockpit where the pilot should be.

The pilot, Lidia McElsin, was new, Kris never really heard of her other then some rumors here and there, mainly about her bloodline, but he never actually investigated them since he just wanted a dang pilot to get off the rock he was on. A passenger he had on board was a Companion, Erin Anders, that he let rent out a shuttle so she could use it when they went planet side and to expanded her client base and to let him get onto planets he normally would be allowed on. It was a win-win for both parties, and she paid him for the shuttle every month, which he put mainly towards fuel for the ship. He didn't pocket the money from Erin, nor did he cheat any of his crew. He even paid Lidia out of his own pocket after jobs since he knew everyone needs something at one time or another and a little spending money is liked by everyone.

"The interior of this room needs to be decorated...." He whispered to himself as he took yet another drink from his alcohol and continued to strum his guitar, this time it was that of a soft and sweet melody that was calming. To Kris however it was a memory of a person he knew back in the war that played his guitar to calm the various squads that they were fighting alongside. About halfway through the melody, one of the guitar strings broke, sprung up and smacked Kris in the face, cutting his cheek lightly. "....Grenade....saved six men...." He froze for a moment as he blankly stared into the table. After a second or two, he snapped out of it and stood up, placing his guitar on the table, grabbing his bottle and began to head to the cockpit.

Once in the cockpit, he spoke, "So....you got us a heading to Freya yet or are we still in Dora's orbit? We got to deliver them crates 'member?" The crates in question were picked up on the moon Dora, which was the only moon of the planet Lazurus in the Heinlein system, which also circled within the Red Sun system a.k.a The Red Phoenix system. Freya was the third moon on Brisingamen that was in it's on little system named Himinbjorg, which also was within The Red Phoenix system. "Last I checked, there was a alliance patrol in this system that sticks between Greenleaf and Harvest, so try to avoid those planets all together and stay away from the rock belt that circles New Melborine and Jiangyin.....I don't want to deal with Reavers, and if we have to deal with either, you're getting a smaller cut this time, not the sweet little 20 percent I've been given you since you're the only crew I got at the moment, thank on the lines of maybe 5 percent."

The crates they had, there were six total and were filled with something heavy. Kris never looked in the boxes nor did he care what was in them. He only knew that he was going to get paid 20,000 credits, or 56,000 platinum. Which meant to Kris, it didn't matter what the hell was in the crates, they just needed to be dropped off quickly. "This cargo is burning a hole in my hull....we got full tanks of fuel, the quicker without the trouble, the better." He sat in the co-pilot seat and took another drink of his drink and looked out the windows of the cockpit, zoning out a little.

His ship, a Firefly Series Model 4, he named "Sanguine" due to its red-ish brown color, nearly rustic looking metal, and the fact he liked the meaning of the word. The general design of it was very similar to the Model 3 (the model that was in the show), the only major differences were the outside thrusters, the engine itself, and the outside cockpit design. It did have various other additions and improvements compared to the Model 3 but that would be a long list that Kris wouldn't be able to name off the top of his head. The ship also had similar shuttles, in fact, it could use the same shuttles as the Model 3. He bought this ship, more like blackmailed the past owner into letting him have it for cheap, well, cheaper then what he was asking for it.
    Last edited by NecroNama; 07-19-2014 at 10:49 PM.

Second to the right and straight on 'til morning.
    Sci-fi, fantasy and mystical wonderful stuffs!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Lidia was already settled into her room and was already in the cock-pit, admiring the mechanics of it all. She had a few pictures stuck up along the dashboard, of her friends and family. About 10 minutes later, when she was given the clear, she flew the spaceship up and gently maneuvered her up into the sky. A few minutes after, the captain walked in and she grinned when she heard his voice. "If you just give me a couple more seconds boss..." she said in a light Scottish accent, tapping a few buttons and pushing the joystick forward. "And we're through!" she said, doing a little dance in her seat.

As the captain gave instructions, she listened and made mental notes. "Ok, we should be clear of Reavers, the asteroid belts are too dangerous anyway... As for the Alliance, cannae say that it won't be hard but I'll give it my best shot! Nah, nah! No cuts boss! I'll keep us below the radar." She turned to him and winked before swiveling round back to the dashboard. In reply to the captain's statement she said, "well, I'll get us there as fast as I can, I guess it'll be maybe a day or two at max speed... But ain't she a beauty though!" she ran her hands over the console and gave a small squeal of delight, "so shiny!"

hella baked and extra sweet
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

The ship's shuttles were unadorned, but spacious. The captain had been kind enough to let her choose one of them for her own in lieu of a passenger dorm, perhaps because she was the first person to request indefinite passage on Sanguine. It was just as big as her room back at the Companion House she'd lived in before, if not bigger. Erin could tell that once she settled in a little more and decorated the place, she'd be more comfortable here than she'd been on any of the hunks of rock she'd left behind.

The urge within her to be constantly moving forward made for a wanderlust so strong that no single planet could satisfy her for long. So far, the lifestyle on Sanguine seemed much more to her liking. The captain quickly went from one odd job to the next, which kept the ship in transit more often than not. This steady change of scenery was just what Erin needed to keep from getting stir-crazy. Kris didn't charge her much to stay with them, either. Erin could easily afford to stay on board for half a year with the earnings from just one of her clients, and she typically took at least one per month. She wished some of the spare credits could be sent to her family, but they would never accept it. They wouldn't take so much as a call from her.

An urgent chiming announced that she had an incoming video chat. Erin turned toward the screen on her wall and sighed when she saw the name of her caller. It was Henry Reynolds, a client of hers that always paid well, but cried too much. She took a deep breath and forced a smile before clicking the remote. "Henry, how are you?" She sat at the edge of her bed with her legs stretched out, one laying across the other.

"Erin, I need you!" The man on the other end was sitting far too close to his camera, and Erin had a better view than she'd like on the inner lining of his nostrils. They flared a little as he breathed, and it was difficult for her not to burst into laughter. Henry was always this frantic when he called, and usually looked just as ridiculous. "My father's forcing me to attend one of his opening ceremonies, this time on the planet Moab. My ex-wife is almost sure to be there! You have to accompany me. That wretched slut wouldn't have a chance to belittle me if you were there! She'd take one look at you and scurry of to the bathroom to powder that pig nose of hers some more. I'm gonna make her so jealous that she locks herself in there for hours! I'm gonna... I'm gonna... "

"Darling," Erin cut him off in a tone that dripped with feigned sweetness. His spite was too unappealing to listen to, especially since this would likely be one of the occasions Henry asked for physical comfort as well. "Relax, of course I'll accompany you! I'll be sure to wear that black dress you love so much, and you won't even remember that she's there. Who knows? Maybe she'll hear we're coming and not even bother showing up! Either way, don't let her get to you so much. It's not worth the toll it takes, and it's your turn to be happy, remember? Besides, she's ancient history. You'll be at the party with me."

"Yeah, it's my turn!" Henry's chest puffed up a little and he lifted a thumb to jab at it. "I'm gonna be happy, that bitch can't ruin it! I'll be there with a woman more beautiful than she could ever be, one who appreciates me. Everyone will see how much better off I am!"

"That's right, Henry, you're much better off. I just need to make sure we'll be near Himinbjorg in time for your father's opening ceremony. When is it? I'll go ask the captain right away." There was no need for the urgency to ask Kris, Erin just wanted to get off the line as quickly as possible. She got the information she needed and blew her client a kiss goodbye.

She hoped Henry wouldn't be as distraught when she got to Moab, but he probably would be. Even though cases like his were a little annoying, Erin felt gratification when she left these men feeling better than they had when they came to her. It was never a permanent fix, but at least they were calmer and happier for a little while.

Erin rose from her bed and walked off in search of the captain. Even though it was no exigent matter, she should still ask him about getting to Moab before she forgot. They had a little under two weeks to get there, which should be ample time. She knew they had just picked up some cargo, but it would probably be delivered well before that anyway. If not she could recommend one of her sister Companions, the girls she'd trained with and lived with, for Henry's father's party. They were the closest thing to family she'd known since leaving home, and Erin trusted them to take care of him with the same level of standards she had.
    Last edited by trouble.muffin; 07-19-2014 at 04:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Well, I'll get us there as fast as I can, I guess it'll be maybe a day or two at max speed... But ain't she a beauty though!" Lidia ran her hands over the console and gave a small squeal of delight, "So shiny!"

He kept looking out the cockpit window, hardly hearing what Lidia said. He placed his bottle on the floor and looked over at Lidia, more like looked towards the console before her. He noticed the pictures she had on it, which sort of peaked his curiosity. Getting up, he walked over and plucked one gently from where she had it. It was a pic of Lidia and two other people, guys, both older, their arms around each other, all three were smiling. Looking at the backside of the pic, it was written "me and my two brothers" followed by their names. No expression crossed his face as he put the picture back from where he got it.

Giving a little gesture, pointing at the pics in rapid succession, he spoke. "I don't mind all this, just make sure none of them jam up the buttons, switches, etcetera, etcetera. This ship doesn't crash due to pictures......she crash...." He pointed to Lidia. "...You crashed her." Turning to sit back down in the co-pilot seat, he took another drink from his bottle before putting it back on the floor. "What's shiney is that it won't take us that long to drop the cargo. When we get closer, I'll give you the longitude and latitude destination where we'll drop 'em." He let out a deep breath, almost a sigh of discomfort as he closed his eyes and leaned the seat back thanks to a little leaver on the side of the chair. He lightly whispered to himself. "....I hate doing deals with 'Bear'....the Earth-that-was Russian-descendants always try the strong arm tactic..."

Taking his hat off, he tossed it on the console in front of him and kicked up his feet on the console also. Placing both hands on his temples, he lightly squeezed them to relive a light headache that was forming due to the "home made" alcohol. "You got any questions you wanna ask me, ask before I pass out in this seat...."

Due to the lack of noise in the ship besides what is being said in the cockpit, Kris could hear someone walking around so he knew it was Erin. "....and here comes Ms. Anders...." He reached out and hit a comm's button and spoke into a mini-microphone that was near it. "Cockpit Ms. Anders...." He moved back to his original position and put both hands behind his head and looked back out the cockpit at the stars that were before them.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

She didn't have to search the ship for long before a familiar voice called out over the intercom, "Cockpit Ms. Anders..." It was the captain, but how had he known she was coming? Erin didn't think she had been overly loud. She glanced around for a surveillance camera and finding none, she raised an eyebrow incredulously. "He's good," she muttered under her breath as she turned to walk towards the cockpit.

Kris was sitting with their pilot, a lovely woman named Lidia who was just a bit older than Erin. Her brother was the famed Wash, and Lidia said he's the one who taught her to fly. That made Erin pretty confident in her ability to keep them traveling safely, and the pilot had given her no cause for doubt yet. She shot Lidia a warm smile and saw that Kris had his forehead in his hands, rubbing his temples. Although the door was open, she knocked lightly on the frame before asking, "Is everything alright? I had a quick question about the schedule and a potential pit-stop... If it's not a good time, I can check back later."
    Last edited by trouble.muffin; 07-22-2014 at 03:12 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Lidia noticed the captain looking at her picture and she smiled, "Ain't they handsome? They're my brothers, Wash and Alez, they're mighty fine..." she said this quietly to herself, it was more as if she were thinking aloud. She listened to the captain's warning just a few minutes after, "Well sir, they won't get in the way, and if they do, well... I hope to then serve a death as great as my brother's. But anyway, they shouldn't scramble up anything." Looking out into the black, she fazed out a moment before returning to the conversation, "not that long? Wait, oh! This is a mark 4, ain't it! I forgot, thought it was a mark 3, mark 4s are faster... And thanks, that would be useful." As the captain returned back to his seat she turned and glanced at him, 'Oh jeez, he's drunk...' she though before answering him, "No, no questions!"

She heard him call in the companion, it was strange, she hadn't heard anything! There was a light knock on the door and Lidia turned to see the companion, Erin, "Oh, hey Erin! I think the captain's a wee bit drunk and is going to pass out soon so you'd best check in quick," she stated, pointing to the captain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Is everything alright? I had a quick question about the schedule and a potential pit-stop... If it's not a good time, I can check back later." Lidia "Oh, hey Erin! I think the captain's a wee bit drunk and is going to pass out soon so you'd best check in quick." Lidia stated and pointed to the captain.

Kris turned to look at Erin then back to Lidia. "I am not drunk....I'm getting a headache thanks to the drink thou." He sat up in his seat and turned to Erin. "Why are you asking? If you have a appointment then say where and when, then I'll do what I can to get you there as long as it's close by. All we gotta do is drop off the six crates, get paid and move on. Shouldn't take more then a few hours tops." He slouched in the co-pilots seat a bit and looked at the floor. "That's if 'Bear' doesn't try to shift me again like she did before...." That was before Kris got 'Sanguine' and was trying to scratch together a decent amount of money.

Knowing the other two would want to know what happened before, he began to explain. "...'Bear' called the Feds before we transferred cargo, we didn't know it so we loaded the stuff, and when the Feds showed we nearly got pinched so we took off, we didn't get paid so 'Bear' kept her money and got the cargo.....this time, I'll shoot her if anything smells funny...." A sideways grin crossed his face when he finished the sentence. "She has it coming."

"Now....Lidia, know I just hired you due to the fact you are a pilot. The rumor or what-have-you about who you are related to or whatever didn't play a factor into it one bit....so no need to go proving yourself. No glorious death is needed....." A person's past didn't matter to him one bit. Who or what they are wasn't a concern as long as they didn't try to cheat him in any way, shape, form, or fashion and he was fine. Granted he didn't know who she was related to, nor did he care, he just wanted a dang pilot that knew their butthole from the hole in the ground. With that said, he looked between the two females, sitting forward and gripping the arm rests of the chair as if he was about to spring into action. "So....food?"

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

It was a relief that Kris's headache was only caused by drink. Erin didn't wish him discomfort anyway, but of all the things that could go wrong on a ship, at least that was minor. The cargo mission didn't sound like it would take too long, either. Erin grinned at the good news, but her smile faded when the captain began to explain who 'Bear' was.

When she chose to leave behind a terrestrial lifestyle and take up residence on the Sanguine, Erin knew there was a high risk for danger. That had been one of the things that excited her and lured her aboard. If Reavers showed up, being tied to a planet couldn't guarantee safety anyway. Even so, 'Bear' didn't sound like the type of pirate they needed to do business with. Manipulating deals with use of the Feds was unforgivable as far as Erin considered, but she wasn't one to question the captain's judgement. She would just have to trust that he had a plan in mind and some tricks up his sleeve if 'Bear' tried to pull anything again.

"So...food?" Kris asked, leaning forward in his seat. It looked like he was already intent upon getting up.

"Dinner sounds great, actually. It will probably help with your headache, too. Would you like me to whip up anything in particular, captain?" Erin's training had honed her culinary skills to prepare her for all situations, whether it be a romantic meal for two, or hosting an impromptu dinner party. She volunteered to make most meals shortly after boarding the Sanguine, and actually rather enjoyed the task.

"Oh, and before I forget, I do have an upcoming appointment. It's on Moab in a week's time. I was worried about that being too soon, but it sounds like it might actually end up being a bit of a wait for you. Is that alright?" She backed up a bit as she asked to make room for the others to step through the doorway.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Lidia span round in her chair and listened to the captain. She grimaced when she heard the name Bear, she'd heard of her before and wanted to stay clear of any trouble that may happen then. "Well, if you're dropping this off for Bear then I'll stay very far away... That lady scares the wee living daylights out of me. I'm nae going near her..." she said, after the captain told Erin about her. She giggled as the captain then began to speak about her earlier statement, "ah, but captain, I shall have a glorious death in the end... And we shall all be remembered! The Sanguine, tales of her shall be told throughout history!" she replied, pretending to be a spaceship as she spoke. It was needless to say, Lidia enjoyed romanticizing and glorifying things that would most likely be otherwise dull.

Staring out into the black she listened to Erin's proposal of food and nodded slightly, "Mhm, food, food sounds good..." then she changed to a posh English accent, "and might I say Erin, you are looking positively radiant today!" she then giggled and stood up whilst Erin talked about her request, "that's fine with me... nae problemo, but it's the captain's call," she replied before stepping through the doorway and into the ship, patting the wall of the corridor when she reached it, "ah... good ship, now fly!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Dinner sounds great, actually. It will probably help with your headache, too. Would you like me to whip up anything in particular, captain? Oh, and before I forget, I do have an upcoming appointment. It's on Moab in a week's time. I was worried about that being too soon, but it sounds like it might actually end up being a bit of a wait for you. Is that alright?" Erin moved back into the passageway to give room for the others to pass through, which Lidia did. "Mhm, food, food sounds good...and might I say Erin, you are looking positively radiant today!" Lidia continued "That's fine with me... nae problemo, but it's the captain's call." Lidia stepped through the doorway and into the ship, patting the wall of the corridor when she reached it, "Ah... good ship, now fly!"

Before the captain said anything, he looked back and forth between Lidia and Erin as if he forgot something. "It ain't THE Sanguine...it's just Sanguine...no THE." He reached back to the console and grabbed his hat and dusted it off, making sure the auto-pilot was on, the course was set, and the detection system was up and running just in case anything came to close to the ship or was in it's path. "You can cook for yourself and perhaps Lidia, I'll do my bit." He was about to step out of the cockpit when he stopped in place and spoke some more in a curious fashion. "And what the Ho Tze Duh Pi Gu is goin on with all this politeness? What do I gotta do for you two to act normal and not like I own you?"

He found it odd that the two of them were so respectful and nice. It tangled his brain a bit causing him to think that the two of them were up to something but it could just be that they are having a good day and they decided to be nice. Yet what was stranger still was that fact that they both were being nice on the same day. Heck, if he wanted to, or had the chance, he'd pass gas in the same room with them and wouldn't mind if they did the same. "Be comfortable. No need for all these 'pleasantries'...it don't mean nothing out here...save it for someone else." He walked past the two into the corridor, passing the three empty crew rooms/cambers that weren't clammed as well as his and Lidia's, making sure his was shut and looked.

As he walked into the kitchen he moved down the steps, turned to the left, tossed his hat onto the table where he sat, which would put his back to the cockpit. He again turned and approached the stove, getting some things together for a light meal before he'd go over the location drop spot for the cargo. When he looked up at the table, he noticed his guitar was no longer on the table. "Where did....Erin...did you touch my guitar?" Kris moved over to the table and began looking around the dinning area as if very curious as to where in the 'Verse did it go.

Page 1 of 15 123 ... LastLast