Page 1 of 29 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Argos OC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Argos OC

IC : https://role-player.net/forum/showthr...94#post2150594

Set in the near future in the Small city of Litchfield. 7 years ago there was an accident in City of Litchfield at the Argos pharmaceutical research facility. The official story was that their was an electrical failure. However that isn't true. The accident was covered up by Argos and the U.S military.

Argos is an research group that was experimenting with genetic material and was trying to enhance human ability but it went horribly wrong when one of their head researchers became obsessed with the project. She developed what is now know as the Opis virus.

Opis is extremely unpredictable everyone reacts to it differently and she didn't handle it so well. She infected herself with it as well as the seven others working on the project and she completely lost her mind. She was what caused the accident. She became an uncontrollable monster that spread the virus to everyone in the facility. Argos destroyed the facility to prevent the infection from getting out of hand killing almost everyone inside. Despite their efforts though the virus still got out. Argos has spend the last seven years trying to get ride of it and they have had several difficulties along the way. Including trying to catch the rest of the original research team who went missing not long after the Virus spread throughout the city.

Now, 7 years after the outbreak and the Virus has been mainly contain in the city of Litchfield though there has been lesser outbreaks in other parts of the world. This rp focuses on a team of infected Argos agents. Their goal is to contain Opis as much as possible. The team is lead by the mysterious Agent Kent, an ex-military guy who has worked with Argos sense before the outbreak.
    As for the rest of the team. The team is made up of about 3-5 captured infected that have been chosen by Argos to help take down more powerful infected, a normal containment force can't handle. These infected are prisoners of Argos, that have been promised freedom for their help, however freedom is a relative term, as they are still kept under the watchful eye of Agent Kent. They all have different backgrounds and different stories but they have all ended up in the same situation, may it be for better or worse.

The Opis Virus and the Infected:

The virus was created by an scientist working for the Argos group called Doctor Gwendolyn. She was working on a project known as Human Enhancement project or OPIS. When a person is infected by Opis it mutants their DNA and changes them. The virus is spread through carriers, like Doctor Gwendolyn or through being directly injected by it. Carriers are monsters they become completely consumed by the virus and seek only to spread it, similar to a zombie in a sense exempt less dead looking and more mutant-like.
    The infection has 5 stages that varies in each case. Sometimes stages are skipped or are longer but this is the typical progression pattern. One can get infected through spores or saliva or an infected, though typically an infected only becomes contagious in later forms of the infection.

Stage one: After infection there are very few signs besides for a slight cold and a rashes over the body.

Stage two: the scientist at Argos did succeed at one aspect of their research. The infection can display superhuman abilities, such as super strength, hearing, eye sight as well as some more obscure abilities. (be as creative as you want.)

Stage three: An infected might started to have hallucinations as the infection starts to attack their brain. They might start forgetting things or doing things without reason. This is the longest stage of the infection before the final stage. The infected slowly starts to lose their mind.

Stage four: mutation. The mutation can start earlier on in the infection but increases as an infected starts losing control over it's own thoughts. It's in later stages of the mutation that person starts to become contagious.

Stage five: The infection has fully taken over and nothing remains of the person who the infected once was. Even it's appearance no longer looks human.

Argos:
    Argos was a research group several years ago but over the years it has developed itself a mini-army to deal with the outbreak. Argos is lead by a women known as Cameron. Her father started Argos and after his death not long after the outbreak she took over. Argos is a huge organization that has it hands in almost every aspect of everyday life. It's name being associated with military arms all the way to can foods. Argos has been dealing with the situation of the Opis outbreak in secret, the public has been kept in the dark for the last seven years. Argos headquarters is located in Litchfield and is the tallest building in the city, more than half the people in the city work for Argos in it's small stores and factories. Argos also has a secret compound outside the city, that is the base of the containment force.

Argo's Containment force uniform:
    https://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j...psc372e43b.jpg
    Litchfield:
    Litchfield is a large city located somewhere in mid-west of the United States. It is where the Argos headquarters is located. It is a fairly casual city, no where near as big as New york City but it is still a thriving and with plenty of things to do. Litchfield is the place where the Opis outbreak started.

Who are you?
    You are a member of the infected containment force under Agent Kent.
    If you want to be something else message me first. I would like to get 3 infected before accepting other characters.

Character sheet:
    Name:
    Infected status:( yes or no; if "yes" state "inactive" if so)
    Ability: (if you are infected, replace with "Skill:" if not)
    Bio: (brief history plus personality, be sure to add your characters current status and what they know about the virus)
    Other: ( you can put anything here that you want to add.)
    Appearance: (optional)
    Last edited by AvisCrown; 07-24-2014 at 04:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am going to be playing a lot of NPC characters but this is my main guy.

Name: Agent (Adam) Kent

infected status: yes

Ability: Agent Kent can get into a person's mind and control it as well as alter memories and emotions. He can do anything from alter a childhood memory, to shutting off a person's ability to process conscious. However Kent rarely uses his ability and infact keeps it secret from those on his team that he is even infected. Kent's ability also hurts him, leading to nose bleeds and dizziness and sometimes blackouts after using it. He also has a hard time controlling it, sometimes when he gets started he can't stop, so he rarely uses it in fear of completely losing control. Though his files have him marked as being in stage 2, he has actually been secretly starting to phase into stage 3.

skill: master of several forms of hand to hand combat and is extremely light on his feet.

Bio: Not much is known about Kent other than that seven years ago Agent Kent, a former special ops solider, was the head of security for the OPIS project. Agent Kent was at the facility seven years ago when the out break started and survived. Agent Kent has been working under Argos sense, dealing with outbreaks outside of Litchfield. A year ago Cameron approached Kent personally, which is rare, and ask Agent Kent to return to Litchfield to head a new squad they were testing.

Agent Kent is a fairly isolated guy and doesn't talk much about himself. He is uptight and has a cold attitude towards the infected he is in charge of ( thought he really does to most everyone) but he is constantly having to hold Cameron off from terminating them.

Other: While Agent Kent was traveling he meet an infect dog named Bruno in Australia and the two have worked together sense, though the uptight agent and the mischievous dog don't really get along that well. Bruno is a french mastiff that can talk as well as sense the Opis virus and create his own organic plated armor.

Appearance: Agent Kent is of the upper average height with a slender build. He is extremely fit, he has to be in order to deal with carriers. He's always wearing a suit but he tends to be a little more adventures with his choice of ties, which might be the only thing that isn't uptight about him. Though when up against carriers he wears a special suit that protects him from being infected, it's also suitable to take on high impact blows and doesn't restrict any of his movements. He always has a good selection of weapons on him that are provided by Argos and are specially designed to deal with the infected. These include two hand guns he keeps strapped to his sides,though these are not normal hand guns, and a fold-able blade, as well as a large selection of explosives.
    https://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73...e767a35450.jpg
    Agent Kent's field suit:
    https://media.gamespy.com/columns/ima...1020111509.jpg
    Last edited by AvisCrown; 09-02-2014 at 08:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Argos. Again Btw, hai Avis.
    Derp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi . I've been meaning to bring it back for a while now. Just now doing it. I've changed the story around a bit and Kent's character might change a lot as well but it's pretty much the same .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

:P I'd like to join again. Perhaps this time as one of the infected.
    Derp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You are more than welcome to .

I hope we can actually finish it this time around. It last almost a year and then everyone bailed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Definitely we'll try to finish this one.
    Derp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hopefully

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci Fi, Fantasy, and Parody :)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Soooo... I wonder how the plot will differ this time~ I haven't wrote Amy in such a long time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well the set up is slightly different. There isn't the train survivors anymore. I'm going to try and salvage what I can from the old plot but things will probably change. I don't see why you couldn't re-use Amy if you change her background a bit.

Page 1 of 29 123 ... LastLast