Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [M] The Cult: An original sci-fi/dystopian RP

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    historical, fantasy, dystopian, superpowers/gifted
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cfavano View Post
    wat kind of cult are we talking about? A bunch of crazies or full-blown blood for the blood god, cthulu ftaghn shiz?
    Crazies mostly. Read the OP :P.

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Jannah it looks epic, but can you give a bit more info about the aliens or how the world generally is build up and working like?

Is there still place for humans that work for the aliens as some kind of company managers... or so?

Month the of Member November
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

On the same lines you say in the OP that most major cities were destroyed then say people started rebuilding. What sort of state are things in now? Maybe if you post your own character bio it will help give some idea.
    Born to be a king & fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Jannah it looks epic, but can you give a bit more info about the aliens or how the world generally is build up and working like?

Is there still place for humans that work for the aliens as some kind of company managers... or so?
    I suppose just try to imagine the world like it was in the late 19th century or the early 20th century. Technology is frowned upon by the cults so there's not much use of that. Once the world was made into ruins by the invasion that essentially had humans forced to rebuild on their own without use of technology once the cults took over. There's still pieces of technology lingering around on the Black Market, however, but they're usually pretty expensive. The Black Markets are actually located within the free communities in which I mentioned in my timeline. The character I have planned actually lives and works within one of these free communities.

As for the actual governance of society, the aliens have little influence over that(They're really only present when they need new slaves). Society has essentially been theocratic since the fall of the world's governments because, again, the cults were able to take advantage of peoples' vulnerable state and take over. So yea, that means that largely the various cult rules are law, but because they're so corrupted most of them are easy bribe if one happens to get in trouble.

Lastly, this race of aliens may not have a huge presence in the story overall(at least early on), but they're very fanatical. They are racial supremacists and essentially believe they were destined to rule over the "weaker" species throughout the universe. They, of course, are more advanced than Earth so that makes fighting them difficult, thus most people have given up on that. But yes, it's this fanatical belief of theirs they basically use to justify enslaving humans. They have no interest in doing business with humans, just using them for the hard labour jobs(such as mining) that nobody in their circles will do. They also enjoy a relatively good relationship with the cult leaders due to the fact the beliefs of most of these cults contain justification for allowing this slavery.

Does this help? If not, feel free to get me to elaborate on more. Just ask .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crazywolf View Post
    On the same lines you say in the OP that most major cities were destroyed then say people started rebuilding. What sort of state are things in now? Maybe if you post your own character bio it will help give some idea.
    See my response to Kris. Things are better explained there.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Sorry for the lack of CS, a bit stuck on ideas so thought I'd wait to see what others come up with. I thought of a woman trying to rescue her son from the cult, or escape it herself to get back to him.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Well it seems so far at this rate people aren't joining. It's a shame since I tried to start this up before :(.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Possibly you could try it again in future without the aliens... Just have a post-apocalypse world where cults have become strong. Must admit I don't often play sci-fi myself but anyway it's a suggestion.
    Last edited by Crazywolf; 07-26-2014 at 08:44 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I think it's safe to say this idea is dead yet again. Maybe I should just stick to attempting to author my own stories rather than trying to GM RPs.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Well don't feel too bad, your not the only one. Maybe you can recycle it as a 1x1.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crazywolf View Post
    Well don't feel too bad, your not the only one. Maybe you can recycle it as a 1x1.
    Theoretically I could, but it seems like a concept that works better as a group RP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12