Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [M] The Cult: An original sci-fi/dystopian RP

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    historical, fantasy, dystopian, superpowers/gifted
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Default [M] The Cult: An original sci-fi/dystopian RP

Rated mature for violence, language, substance abuse, torture, and other mature themes

The future of humanity is something that has been speculated for decades, or perhaps even centuries. What will exist in the near future? Sprawling metropolises filled with towering skyscrapers and flying cars? Laser weaponry perhaps or utopia? No. Not utopia. Humanity's future is indeed much more bleak, holding nothing but misery and stalled advancement. But suffering through decades of enslavement a select few have finally decided to fight back. The Cult. They are here to get revenge on those who sought to steal away their livelihood.

It is the near future, about a century from now. All human advancement and technological development has been at a standstill due to an alien invasion in early 2014. Humanity tried to fight back with everything they had but the aliens had many technological advantages, ultimately resulting in the alien race's victory. This defeat left behind a broken Earth that was just to become another enslaved planet in the alien race's intergalactic network.

Thousands of humans continue being shipped off every day to work all across their alien masters' network, usually as miners or other heavy labour jobs. This came to be considered the worst punishment. Naturally, in dire times people sought out something higher than themselves, thus the birth of many new cults, or religions according to whom you're speaking to, began. Many of these new cults considered the enslavement of humanity to be punishment for previous decadence and began to blame technology and other things that the "old world" enjoyed.

People began flocking to these new priests, hoping to be redeemed. This of course, left them with unmeasurable power and control over what is left of society. Entire organizations with the sole purpose of kidnapping people into their cult began to crop up, even leaving peoples' one source of hope in chaos. This is where our story begins.

So in this RP you are playing a character that has been kidnapped by one of these organizations. Naturally you think you're being dragged into just yet another cult, but then you soon realize this one is different. You realize they're a group of warriors who plan to wage a war against your occupiers. As expected, however, no cult is without their corruption and this one is no exception. You'll soon come to realize that
    Spoiler: Spoiler warning! 

Spoiler: Timeline of Events(Please read before attempting to join) 

I'm generally pretty laid-back as a GM, but as expected there's at least a few rules I'd like followed.

Spoiler: The Rules 

Basically the premise here is that either you can side with the cult or you can join a group that seeks to expose their corruption and destroy them. If you want to know certain plot points in advance feel free to read my spoiler. If not, don't.

Spoiler: Character Sheet  
    Last edited by Nachthexe; 07-22-2014 at 10:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are we all having fun here?

For even more fun try your hand at the Roleplay of the Week thread!

Maybe you think you need to spice the place up with a graphic? Check out the Banner shop then!

The Roleplaying Games Directory is where you should go to advertise just how much fun people are missing out on.

Or maybe you’d like some help from “on high?” Staff Signatures are a great way to let everyone know just what’s going on.

RPA is doing its part to decrease our carbon footprint by sending out a month newsletter! Why not join the effort and advertise with us? RPA Tribune!!

Have fun!

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

I may join. Let me finish reading first

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Could I have Psychic powers?

Spoiler: Things I like 

Fantasy, Anime, Sci-fy, Dark Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Finally a sci-fi RP! They are few and far between it seems and I won't let this one get away from me!

Month the of Member November
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

This cult who nabbed the players, is it based in a particular country/region and if so do our characters need to have been inhabiting that said country/region when they got captured?
    Born to be a king & fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cfavano View Post
    Could I have Psychic powers?
    No. This is not that kind of RP. Sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crazywolf View Post
    This cult who nabbed the players, is it based in a particular country/region and if so do our characters need to have been inhabiting that said country/region when they got captured?
    Most of the cults are locally based, but I'd imagine some of the more powerful ones have international networks. As for region, I haven't really decided on a particular one yet. I'm thinking either North America or Europe.

Month the of Member November
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Ok thanks. I'll have a think on characters. Will you be posting up your own character as well?
    Born to be a king & fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crazywolf View Post
    Ok thanks. I'll have a think on characters. Will you be posting up your own character as well?
    Of course .

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

wat kind of cult are we talking about? A bunch of crazies or full-blown blood for the blood god, cthulu ftaghn shiz?

Spoiler: Things I like 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast