Follow me down

"Names get carved in the red oak tree,
    Of the ones who stay and the ones who leave,
    I will wait for you there with these cindered bones,
    So follow me, follow me down"

__________________________________________________ _______

You have one new message

Subject: Benny's trip and other stuff

Hey guys, so as you all know, it's Ben's 29th on Saturday. He doesn't want to sugarcoat it so neither will I, it's going to be his last. The cancer isn't getting any better but I suppose that's expected when it's terminal. Getting back to the point though, he still wants to go on this trip (Even though it's probably the worse thing he could be doing right now, but hey, what would I know, I'm just his little sister after all.) Hopefully you guys are all still up for it.

I've sorted out all the details for you guys as I know you won't have. You shouldn't really get lost though as Ben's been to Musselwick Sands loads of times before. I've made you all a map anyways, I'll attatch it now.

So you lot have to drive all the way from here in Chester to sunny Wales! more specifically Broad Haven. From there wou're just driving along the coast, even you lot should be able to handle that. Now, I know I've said campsite on the map, but there's actually aren't any nearby. That means you lot will be sleeping in the great outdoors! Good luck with the tents. That said though the first spot is quite close to a pub (Planned it especially!) so I think you'll be alright. From Campsite 1 you're just walking along the coast again, now I know you guys would be able to walk that in a afternoon, but even with his meds and morphine Benny's still quite slow. You'll all be there by nightfall though. Campsite two is by a beach as well so that should lift his spirits. After that you'll be trekking through the countryside for a bit before reaching campsite three. Again is near-ish to a town in case you guys have any emergencies (Hopefully not!) Then it's the last stretch to Musselwick Sands!

This next part stays strictly between all us. NO TELLING BENNY WHAT I'M ABOUT TO TELL YOU NOW!

I'm worried guys. Up till now he's handled his cancer so well but of late, he's been a little distant, even with all your help. I'm worried he's going to try and do something silly on this little trip of your so do me a favour and just, keep an eye on him for me?

thanks.

Anyway, have a good time, I'm sure you will!
    With Love
    Alice xxx

Plot walkthrough

Benny and his three closest lifelong friends go on an ill-advised trip to the stunning coastal area of Musselwick Sands in West Wales. The RP will revolve around the friends and their encounters during the trip and they way they deal with friendship, heroism and love. This isn't your usual adventure RP, it's more focused on just the pure friendship a group of lads can have and how they deal with certain problems, be that with the world or each other.

You will play as one of the lads (There's only three spaces so chop chop!) you've all known each other for years and get on well. That was until Benny went and got Canecer. It's terminal, he's got about another nine months. So, you lot, being the fantastic mates you are, decide to take him on one last trip. You'll encounter people and places along the way (I'll let you guys be creative with that) and who knows what you might learn about each other.

Before the journey is over you must all tell him something that you were keeping a secret from him behind his back. It could be anything as long as it's dramatic! (Who doesn't love a bit of drama?) it may even affect the rest of the group.
    Who knows?

Character Sheet

Name:
    History:
    Appearance: (If using a picture, No anime or cartoons lease as this is a serious RP)
    Other:
    Last edited by BumblingBee; 07-24-2014 at 10:34 AM.

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Name: Benedict 'Benny' Fields

Personality: Benny was always the smart sassy one of the group in school. He'll reply to almost everything with a witty comeback or a sarcastic comment. He has a dark-ish sense of humour and can be a little poetic at best. He always tries to see the pointless beauty in things, which can annoy his friends at the best of times. His condition has given him a rather romantic view on life, and so he's trying to make the best of what he has left.

History: Benny grew up in Chester with his sister (Alice) and they were brought up by their parents in a quite well off household. His childhood was relatively normal, nothing too interesting or dramatic happening. His life seemed to continue in this path for quite some time, which he wasn't particularly worried about. In Uni he excelled at writing and has been a 'Author' ever since (Even though he's never been published).

His life soon changed though. A few months after his 27th birthday, benny was told he had rhabdomyosarcoma, a rare malignant tumour involving striated muscle tissue. Ever since benny has had to take medicine everyday, of recently he's been drinking a form of morphine in the mornings too the numb the pain. However as long as he does take his meds he can walk with the help of a stick. It won't last for much longer though.

Appearance:
    Spoiler: Benny 

The Froggiest
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)

Hello there, it looks like you’re off to an amazing start! Here are a few links that will help you get your game noticed! Have fun and happy RPing!

And if you need any graphics for your Roleplay of the Week submission, the Banner shop is a great place to go for them!

The Roleplaying Games Directory is also a nifty place to advertise your thread!

Wanna know a secret? Staff Siggies are pretty cool too!

Extra, extra, read all about it! Show off your stuff with the RPA Tribune!

Good luck!!!

June Member of the Month

I only have "favorites"
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Are you still doing this?
    If the gold does not stay in this world,
    then I will chase it till I find my home

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Deffo if people wanna join

But as you can see, it didn't really kick off like I expected

June Member of the Month

I only have "favorites"
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

well, I'll throw up a sheet later today, then. Maybe more people will come.
    Last edited by m139; 08-05-2014 at 10:51 PM. Reason: I used "then" twice in this short post. Bleh....

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Hopefully

June Member of the Month

I only have "favorites"
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Well, here we go...

Name: Augustine Sandlings

Personality: Augustine always has had a fascination with small things. Not just any small things, but, specifically ones you could touch. All the better if they had a strange texture. If he could not feel it, he was not to interested. As such, he was the one in their school group always getting in trouble for not paying attention. He would much rather be out and about, sensing things than in the boring classroom sitting still. Augustine is easily distracted, and rarely gives his full attention to anything unless it is really important.

History: Augustine grew up in a middle class family in Chester, the third of four children. His childhood was normal, although he often went to visit his friends to get out of what he called his "noisy house". Augustine, of course, loved the people in it, but there was not much to do in it. His mother could barely keep him at home long enough to finish his homework. During this time, he began to start collections, including a rock collection which he still has today (although more than half of the specimens are unlabeled).
    As soon as he could get out of school, he did. Never very good at listening and doing- what he considered- nothing, Augustine chose, instead of attending Uni, to go to a trade school. He has since learned carpentry and has been happily working at a small shop (not his own, managing is boring). He still kept in touch of course, joking to the others about the "real" things they were doing.

Almost exactly one year previous to this trip, he met the first thing that could hold his attention for a long time: a girl named Irene. They started seriously dating about three months ago. Since about a month ago, he has been seriously debating if and when to ask her the question. He has looked forward to this trip not only as being with his friends, but as a chance to figure out what to do for himself.

Appearance:
    Stands at 5'11; of average build. His arms, because of his work, are slightly more muscular than most. His skin tone is slightly tanned, but just barely. Medium brown hair, mostly straight, cut in a shaggy bowl cut. Sometimes he shaves, sometimes he has a bit of stubble. Usually wears polo shirts (his mom sends them to him, and he never bothers to buy anything else) and jeans or long pants.
    Last edited by m139; 08-11-2014 at 01:31 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Awesome character! Deffo accepted!

And now ... we wait

Yaoi (MxM), Romance, Medival
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll join up! This seems like a fun idea ^^ I'll work on a CS and try getting it up tonight when I get back from class
    I'm just getting over a cold so I haven't been coming on other then to check things.. Also, some stuff has been piling onto my plate and it's taking me a bit to get back into the swing of things.. I'll try coming on but please be warned that due to me now being able to work (final 100% done collage) I'll be very busy for a bit longer.

Spoiler: Clicky for Signy XD 

Page 1 of 15 123 ... LastLast