Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Battle of Istvaan V (Warhammer 30K)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default [M] Battle of Istvaan V (Warhammer 30K)

I was wondering if anyone would fancy attempting a role playing game based on one of the most famous battles of Warhammer 40K lore: The Battle of Istvaan V, more commonly known as the The Drop Site Massacre of Istvaan V.

However, this RP, although taking place during the same event with the Traitor Legions of the Sons of Horus and three other traitor legions entrenched on the surface of Istvaan V alongside the Legio Mortis Titan Legion, some things will be different.

Firstly, the Traitor Legions present on Istvaan V (besides the Sons of Horus) need not be the traditional Death Guard, Emperor's Children and World Eaters. The same applies to the attacking forces. Although they will retain the same numbers of 4 Traitor Legions and 3 Loyalist Legions in the fleet sent to crush Horus (or will they?), the actual Legions that turn traitor and indeed the actual Legions in the assault force itself are all able to be changed.

I'll be RPing Horus and the Sons of Horus, and will be, for obvious reasons, the only person with the identity of all the Traitor Legions in the Imperium's assault force. My plan was that each of the traitors will be advised on how many fellow traitor legions will be included in the first wave and the second wave (depending on my own dice rolls) but not their names.

It was to incorporate some carnage and backstabbing during the initial landings as there is a chance that the loyalists could win depending on how people play it!

Also, of major importance, are the numbers of the Legions at the time of the Dropsite Massacare. These are presented below, where they are known.

The approximate sizes of a few of the Legions at the start of the Heresy have been given in various sources, and where these have been vague, I've given them a actual value. If the Legion doesn't have a size given by a valid source, I've given them a rough estimate for size.

I - Dark Angels - 110,000
    II - [Records Destroyed, Unplayable]
    III - Emperor's Children - 50,000 [with events of Istvaan III] OR 110,000 [without events of Istvaan III]
    IV - Iron Warriors - 167,000
    V - White Scars - 90,000
    VI - Space Wolves - 130,000
    VII - Imperial Fists - 100,000
    VIII - Night Lords - 110,000
    IX - Blood Angels - 120,000
    X - Iron Hands - 113,000
    XI - [Records Destroyed, Unplayable]
    XII - World Eaters - 150,000
    XIII - Ultramarines - 250,000
    XIV - Death Guard - 95,000
    XV - Thousand Sons - 10,000 [Due to rampant mutations resulting from all being psykers.]
    XVI - Sons of Horus - 145,000
    XVII - Word Bearers - 150,000
    XVIII - Salamanders - 70,000
    XIX - Raven Guard - 80,000
    XX - Alpha Legion - [Estimated between 90,000 and 180,000. Alpha Legion player will be PM'd number.]

Strength of Titan Legions on Istvaan V:

Legio Atarus (Command to be assigned)- 2 Reaver Titans, 3 Warhound Titans
    Legio Mortis (Under Sons of Horus Command):
    (Fortress Group)- 1 Emperor Titan (Dies Irae), 2 Warlord Titans, 2 Reaver Titans, 4 Warhound Titans
    (Concealed Group)- 1 Warlord Titan, 1 Reaver Titan, 5 Warhound Titans

Istvaan V Traitor Legions (1/4)

Sons of Horus: Myself

Total numbers: 145,000 Space Marines

Loyalist Assault Force Legions (2/7)

Emperor's Children: Ahr Xanten
    Iron Warriors: Perturabo 441 (preliminary)

First Wave (0/3)

Second Wave (0/4)

Total Numbers: 277,000 Space Marines

Loyalty will be determined by 3 dice rolled by me and be PM'd.

Again, currently I am not intending to advise all traitor forces of who their fellow traitors are. This can change though depending on player feedback.

So, if you're interested, please fill in the following app:

Legion Name:
    Legion Number:
    Legion Primarch:
    Legion Heraldry/Armour Colour:
    Defending or Attacking (max 3 defending legions):

Also, if it does prove to be popular enough that all places are filled, there is nothing to say that unexpected entrants to the fight may not show up!
    Last edited by SergeantLaertes; 08-20-2014 at 08:23 PM.

RPA Honor Guard
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

I thought it was Istavaan IV?

Spoiler: Things I like 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey, thanks for showing an interest. It was definitely Istvaan V:

https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Drop...e#.U-F9R3i9Kc0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are we all having fun here?

For even more fun try your hand at the Roleplay of the Week thread!

Maybe you think you need to spice the place up with a graphic? Check out the Banner shop then!

The Roleplaying Games Directory is where you should go to advertise just how much fun people are missing out on.

Or maybe you’d like some help from “on high?” Staff Signatures are a great way to let everyone know just what’s going on.

RPA is doing its part to decrease our carbon footprint by sending out a month newsletter! Why not join the effort and advertise with us? RPA Tribune!!

Have fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That is an interesting concept you have there. I would like to play, but I have a few questions about how it will be run before I throw myself into it.

How are casualties going to be worked out? Is it based on dice rolls you make? Can we alter these dice rolls (if there are any) with skilled warriors or brilliant tactics? Are there locations we need to claim or is it a bit more of a free-form game?

Also here is my Legion
    Legion Name: Emperor's Children
    Legion Number: III
    Legion Primarch: Fulgrim
    Legion Armour Colour: Purple, Black, and Gold
    Legion Heraldry: Grasping Winged Arm in Gold
    Attacking (Hopefully Second Wave)
    "If an artist should ever feel that he could no longer better himself then what was the point of being an artist? Each work should be like unto a stepping-stone that led to greater and greater heights of artistry, where a man could look back at his life's works and be satisfied that he had made the most of his allotted span.”

– Ostian, Fulgrim Visions of Treachery

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Ah, this is the RP you floated on Warseer isn't it? Welcome aboard!

If I didn't have so many projects on the go right now that I don't think I could allocate a fair amount of time to this game, I'd well sign up as the Night Lords.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

RPA Honor Guard
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

I guess I might play Ultramarines, because no one else will.

But, how would we handle combat at this magnitude?

Spoiler: Things I like 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi guys, thanks for the interest.

Basically, I'd intended that this would be an RP of several levels.

On one level you'd have the primarchs; as the attackers you could roleplay with your brothers to plan your attack and to co-ordinate it. You could also roleplay organising your forces and what each element is doing. Then, when the shit hits the fan, you can roleplay interactions between them; if you want to track down and confront one another, for example, then you can.

The other element would be named characters, or RP'ing from a more strategic point of view. You could name captains, etc and have them leading elements of the force to allow you to RP what they do.

I wasn't planning on dice rolls, etc., but more co-operation between players. Players would indicate what they intended to do and could describe the effects; the affected player can either post te resulting losses or allow their opponents to post losses against them so long as it isn't too over-the-top.

As stated, this doesn't need to follow the recorded history; with the Ultramarines involved , for instance, that introduces a whole new variable, and I'm hoping players will have fun determining different tactics in dealing with them.

Cfavano, if you would like to play the Ultras, could I please ask you to fill in the app?

Thanks again to those who have expressed an interest, hopefully some more people will take a chance on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi segeantLaertes, GabrielSantar 229 from warseer. Same application and legion(Iron Warriors) as before

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey, Perturabo, good to see you! Can you let me know if you want to be attacking or defending?

Is this right?

Legion Name:Iron Warriors
    Legion Number:IV
    Legion Colours: Silver with dark red shoulder guards(To represent the attrocities on Olympia). Hazard stripes on leg plates now represent veterans. It's sigil is a Silver skull
    Legion Primarch: Perturabo

Anyone else interested?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast