Page 1 of 159 12351 ... LastLast

Thread: The Witcher The White Inferno [M] (OOC)

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default The Witcher The White Inferno [M] (OOC)

This Role Play is Rated M for Mature, it may feature gore, sexual situations, nudity, drug use, profanity, etc. The Witcher series as a whole features various amounts of everything that has been mentioned and is intended for adult audiences. At the same time we will still be following the rules of RPA, so while there is a song in The Witcher that consists mostly of the words "Fuck" and "Arse" we'll try to not go too overboard with the swearing, that goes the same for the nudity, sex, gore, etc.

NO LONGER ACCEPTING NEW PLAYERS

https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=64485 - IC Thread

The Witcher
    The White Inferno

“Evil is evil, lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I’m not a pious hermit. I haven't done only good in my life. But if I’m to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.” - Geralt of Rivia

While now the land is ruled by humans that sit upon thrones while dictating the lives of those under them upon The Continent long ago the land was wild and the people free. Far back over a thousand years into the past Gnomes were the only known people to inhabit the land. It was during their time that the Conjunction of Spheres occurred leaving various creatures behind which were considered not of this world. This was nearly one thousand five hundred years ago, a couple of hundred years after this the Elves first arrived on their ships. There was a short time of conflict before everything settled and it is unknown when the Dwarves and Halflings came. Cultures and beliefs mixed and it did not take long for various pantheons to form. Everything was relatively calm until the Humans first arrived in their ships. They did not seek to live beside the other species but wished to rule and dominate. Kings rose and with them came armies that killed any non-humans that would dare resist the rule of Kings and Queens. The Elves were hit the hardest and over the wars that came most of the species were wiped out leaving them on the brink of extinction. Kingdoms continued to rise and fall but one of the strongest forces to ever arise was the Empire of Nilfgaard. After the rise of Emperor Emhyr Deithwen Addan yn Carn aep Morvudd the Nilfgaardian Empire began various acts of aggression and rapid expansion. While once the Northern Kingdoms squabbled among themselves after the intervention of Nilfgaard in their affairs everything has changed. Two wars broke out between Nilfgaard in the North that resulted in countless deaths and various lands being taken under the banner of the Golden Sun. Currently it is considered a time of both peace and contempt yet still many look towards the Yaruga in dread that Nilfgaard will again cross it. King Henselt dabbles in war and politics in the Pontar Valley while Foltest fights a war against his lover in the hopes of regaining his children. At Loc Muinne mages and nobles of various backgrounds plan to gather to discuss a new lodge in the hopes of settling matters between those who wield magic and those who wear crowns. In the farmlands cows bleed from their udders as the Wild Hunt roams the land killing and taking those they please to, a two headed child is born while ghastly ships of death are spotted off the coasts. The omens of war have been gathering as if in the stormy clouds that ravage the lands during these trying times as if preparing the people for the white inferno which will leave no survivors if it goes unstopped.

This story will be taking place in the world of The Witcher during the year 1273. This Role Play will be based upon the canon of the books and games with the books taking precedence to the games. We will not be focusing upon the witcher known as Geralt of Rivia, instead it will be about new figures and their adventures. You'll get the chance to play as soldiers, witchers, mages, or even poets should you choose to. Your stories will be starting in the city of Brugge which is located in the kingdom of Brugge. This will also work in a similar fashion to how a typical table-top RPG will work in that actions will be attempted and I will judge their chance of success.

Brugge
    There are two things named Brugge, a kingdom and a city. The city of Brugge is located North-East of Dillingen and to the South-East of Brokilion, the Yaruga is also very close to Brugge. While once it was ruled by Venzlav underneath king Foltest the old ruler Venzlav passed away in his sleep a few years back. After his death the prince Darhaus ascended to the thrown and was coronated within the same year. While normally this would be business as usual due to the recent wars with Nilfgaard many have become worried over Darhaus ruling. He has not yet experienced a true war but only minor skirmishes, as the omens grow greater dread has filled many villages in Brugge while the city still manages to get by. They do trade from time to time with Nilfgaard but recently things have been cut off to the South. Mercenaries have been passing through, often hired to deal with the nearby Scoia'tael that hide out in the forests and prey upon travelers. As well magical energy has been gathering in the area for an unknown reason, drowners have been spotted in the nearby waters, a manticore is loose in the skies, trolls gather in a quarry, and a hive of endregas have set up at an outpost. The people are in poor spirit with many calling for those who can bring good spirits. While those outside of the city tremble within it is another story, business is booming as Darhaus has reorganized the taxes while working with Dwarven banking guilds to help bring in new merchants and stores. There has even been construction going on just outside, possibly an addition is going in though raids from Scoia'tael have been making it difficult to get anything done. Within Brugge non-humans have been getting treated as poorly as ever, at the crossroads around Brugge Elf corpses hang from trees or burn in piles.

“People like to invent monsters and monstrosities. Then they seem less monstrous themselves. When they get blind-drunk, cheat, steal, beat their wives, starve an old woman, when they kill a trapped fox with an axe or riddle the last existing unicorn with arrows, they like to think that the Bane entering cottages at daybreak is more monstrous than they are. They feel better then. They find it easier to live.” - Geralt of Rivia

Rules
    1: Follow the rules of RPA and the Mature Section
    2: My word is law, you can discuss matters with me but in regards to the RP I will have the final say.
    3: Be active, if you cannot be active for a period of time let me know and we'll work something out.
    4: Do not god mod or power play.
    5: Limit of one character.
    6: Post proportionately to what is going on. Things can be short or long, just don't make a massive wall of text or a single line.

Spoiler: Character Sheet 

Spoiler: Accepted Characters 

Spoiler: Professions 

Spoiler: Skills 

Spoiler: Traits 

Spoiler: World Map 

Spoiler: Species and Ethnic Groups 

Spoiler: Currency 

Spoiler: Items 

Spoiler: Magic 

Spoiler: Languages 

Spoiler: Visual Aids 
    Last edited by Tolvo; 11-03-2014 at 08:11 PM.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Hello ! If you'd like to advertise/show off your RP to the site to garner more interest, be sure to check out these helpful links:

Roleplaying Games Directory – Add your RP to the directory!
    Staff Sigs – Have the staff advertise your RP in their signatures!
    Roleplay of the Week – Enter your RP in "Roleplay of the Week" to show it off to the site!
    Roleply of the Week Banner Shop – Get a cool banner made for your RP!
    The RPA Tribune – Get your RP featured in the RPA News!

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Whatever captures and holds my attention.
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Will begin work on a CS tomorrow.

Set by Karma

Anything with Youkai, Japanese culture, Fantasy, Realistic, and almost all Originals (Except Touhou)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

ANOTHER TOLVO RP!
    AWESOME!

~ There's always a shoulder to cry on ~

What is best in life?
    Were ever there is a evil priesthood to be looted and a princess to be saved
    All of them are great if well written and with good pepole
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I have always wanted to do a witcher RP as both games are awesome and what of the books (only the first two currently but I am getting more through amazon soon) I have read so far are also great. So color me interested though depending on my time I can not promise that I will join (I like to be committed if I join something so yea).

Spoiler: The Barbarians RP's and answers to questions 

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

It's alright Barbarian, always make sure you're in a place where you can join and be active it's okay to take some time and think about it and figure it out.

Yep a new RP, I've wanted to do a The Witcher one for quite a while and I've finally gotten around to it. It's going to be a bit tricky since the books definitely break the rules, we'll have to tone down things a bit but hopefully we'll still get that The Witcher feel. I'm actually wondering if anyone will play as a witcher since well, a part of being a witcher is getting the raw deal.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

any, and all
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll be making a cs for this once i get a little free time! I've missed working with you Tolvo, and can't wait to once again!
    Spoiler: A few things about this guy ;) 

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

It'll be good to have you.

By the way people the CS Sheet is done but all of the information required to fill it out is not yet up. If you cannot fill out a section yet that is why. It'll also be handy to talk with me through the process of creating your character.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

I'll be making my character soon, I've settled on my gear. Do brigandines and gambesons exist in The Witcher's world?

Spoiler: Things I like 

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes those are available armors. I have items listed and I'm updating them currently.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing

Page 1 of 159 12351 ... LastLast