Page 1 of 17 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pale Rider IC

Pale Rider
    I Am The Thing Living Under Your Bed, Teeth Ground Sharp and Eyes Glowing Red!
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Default Pale Rider IC

Kato Manhasset tossed and turned, even in the plush comfort of the expensive inn's queen-sized bed. In his nightmare-stricken slumber, images flickered behind his eyelids: blood, his own insane laughs, the torn fabric of a blue sundress. It was a memory, one that had haunted his dreams for months now, and he was struggling to break free of it. Finally, he woke up with a cry of pain, something the innkeeper had been satisfied to ignore as long as he paid the bills. He was grateful for this, as his screams no doubt caused some disturbance. He grabbed Dracolamina, his trusty scythe, the silver dragon wrapped around the handle seemingly staring at the scythe's owner with swift intelligence, as if it were alive. Dracolamina had always given him some comfort, especially since he knew that it could easily slice through diamonds as if they were butter. When you had a weapon like his, along with thousands of years of experience that could cut as sharp as any knife, chances are your enemies would not stand a chance.

He jumped out of the bed, not wanting to return to any form of slumber for the remainder of the night. All hopes of sleep were ruined, and he was content to slip on a black t-shirt to go with the black jeans he had failed to take off the last night before going to bed and stare at the full moon. He ran a finger through his silky black hair, slowly brushing the tangles out of his hair just as well as he could have with a brush.

That was before he heard the chilling howl of a dog that definitely wasn't of this world.

Quickly he filled a sack with an amount of money that could have replaced the whole elegant room, not to mention the beautiful stained glass window, and crashed into the window, shattering it into a million pieces. He reminded himself to apologize to the inn's manager later. Examining his surroundings, he held Dracolamina defensively and examined his surroundings.

Around him was, at the least, a legion of hellhounds.
    Oh, shit.

Buffering...

I honestly don't care. If the roleplay looks good, then I'll join it.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Leon was walking around by a nearby inn and heard a cry. He grew a little concerned, but he chose to ignore it at first. He then looked at the angel behind him, and she shook her head. "Whatever you say Maizono," he said to the girl. Maizono has been his guardian angel for a long while now, and he often did what she said, since she knew all. He then saw a legion of hellhounds. A cold hand went onto his shoulder, and he backed away behind the inn. Leon looked at Maizono. "What should we do? Should we help him?" he asked, gesturing towards Kato. Maizono floated there for a minute and raised her palm to Leon. Leon knew exactly what she meant and waited behind the inn, watching Kato from a safe distance.

↑ This is clickable ↑ (I need to update this lmao)

Spoiler: My Junk 

Fantasy/Medieval/Supernatural
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Griffith stretched his limbs out as he awoke from under the roots of a dying tree. He hadn't had much luck finding a place to stay for the night so he had to settle with the outdoors as a wolf. The grumbling of his stomach reminded him that he didn't have anything to eat since yesterday morning, so Griffith decided that now would be a good time to hunt for a late night snack. Creeping through the woods, he searched for any sort of prey that he could find.

As he neared woods' edge, he'd caught a quite peculiar scent in the air. It was as if something were burning, but the scent was slightly different than that of ashes. Intrigued, he began to follow the scent along the treeline, shifting back into human form in order to fend off any danger that might lie ahead. A loud howl echoed through the air, stopping Griffith dead in his tracks. He made his way up a tree to get a better look of his surroundings and was surprised at the sheer number of hell hounds in front him. Scanning around, he discovered that they all seemed to be focused on a single, scythe-wielding figure. Deciding to play it safe, Griffith drew his blade and observed from his position, waiting to see how the situation would play out.

Spoiler: Current RPs 

Pale Rider
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Kato was irritated, wondering how in the world they'd found a Grim Reaper who didn't want to be found. Sighing, he decided to try just to walk away. Maybe they'd lose interest in him. However, that was incorrect, and they all jumped at him at the same time. He spun, making a circle with Dracolamina in the air, and cut about a dozen hellhounds in half. Their putrid bodies fell to the ground.

Soon, there were only two hellhounds left, but these were class S---in other words, the top of the spectrum for spirits---hell-hounds. Extra big, extra nasty, and also...

Extra fast. As they ran at him, they were so fast even he could barely see them. Slowly but surely, he was losing ground.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Griffith watched in amazement as the warrior cut down most of the legion with one blow. But the last two seemed to be giving him some trouble. Perhaps it was time to send a little greeting to the combatants he thought, a small smirk forming on his face. Griffith's eyes flashed a cool blue as four of his blades unsheathed themselves and began levitating around him. With the flick of his wrist, the lycan directed the blades toward one of the hell hounds. Midway through the swords' flight, Griffith whispered a single word.

"Starfall." The swords took up their formation and began to spin, rotating faster and faster as they approached the target. Griffith managed to shred through the hell hound's hind leg, missing his intended target due to the beast's speed. The hell hound stumbled, giving Griffith the small opening he needed. He began his next attack, clenching his open hand into a fist. One by one, the swords disappeared only to reappear near the hell hound and pierce through its body.

Fantasy, Romance
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Valiel watched unseen from the sky, his wings flapping quickly, keeping him aloft. The first warrior appeared to handle himself with ease, but began to go on the defensive at the final two. It was amusing, in a twisted way. This warrior was obviously very skilled, and handled all of the other beasts with ease, but the last two were giving him a hassle, and even beating him? It all evoked a small, light chuckle from him. A second combatant entered the fray soon afterward, obviously magical. Combat was far from Valiel's specialty, but what magic he knew was limited to interactions with other beings - compulsion, charm, et cetera. He would be content to sit this one out and see how the final beast was dealt with.

Pale Rider
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Kato didn't stop to thank Griffith, just ended the now writhing hellhound with a quick blow of his scythe. It exploded, painting Kato a bright shade of scarlet. He grimaced and then turned around to fight the other one.

This one was simple; he simply focused his will into Dracolamina, and the silver dragon came to life, becoming separated from the scythe and darting around in the air. It was fast, sparks shooting out of its mouth and crackling like lightning. It tore into the hound's flesh, gradually getting hotter and hotter until finally the hound was reduced to a smoldering pile of ashes. It then curled around the scythe again, returning to its previous state: a simple decoration, a detailed dragon of silver with eyes made of rubies. There was no longer any shred of life in it except for the glint in its eye.

He wiped some of the grime off of his hands and extended it for Griffith to shake. "Kato Manhassat. You are?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Griffith stood wide-eyed as a dragon made its sudden appearance and dispatched the remaining hell hound. As the scythe returned to its normal state, the lycan deactivated his magic. The swords were sheathed into their respective scabbards and his irises returned to their normal, blood red color.

With a toothy grin he introduced himself, "Griffith." He gave Kato a firm handshake and took a moment to examine him. Kato's peculiar yet oddly familiar scent gave Griffith an uneasy feeling. Griffith had met Kato. No, someone like Kato before, but he couldn't remember. Perhaps it was before his days as a mercenary, back when he was in a pack... He abandoned his train of thought to return to the present moment, remembering the purpose of his prowling through the woods earlier. "Do ya know where I can grab a bite around here?"

I honestly don't care. If the roleplay looks good, then I'll join it.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maizono gave out a piercing scream and flew towards Kato and the newcomer. "Maizono!" Leon called after her and began to join them. He tripped and fell onto the ground, now before the two. Maizono gave a little gasp and tried to help Leon up, but she couldn't, for she was transparent. Leon got up, but he kneeled on the ground, losing the will to stand. He stared at the ground, but every now and then he glanced upwards. "Sorry.....," he said softly. Maizono knelt down next to him and bowed her head.

↑ This is clickable ↑ (I need to update this lmao)

Spoiler: My Junk 

Pale Rider
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Kato gave Maizono and Leon an unamused stare. "I'm not going to ask what in the world that was or what you two kids---or rather, one kid and his nanny angel---are doing here. I really don't care and I doubt it's my business. Is there any particular reason you're here?"

He turned back to Griffith. "It depends on what you mean by grab a bite. If you mean to eat, I don't know of very many places...well, happens when you aren't required to eat and the world has gone to hell in a hand basket."

He looked at the hotel, where the innkeeper was glaring angrily at him from the open window. "That hotel would have served you, but I wouldn't go in there since I seem to have pissed the manager off." he murmured, deep in thought. "Tell you what, five star hotels are overrated. You can come over to my house, I'll cook for you, and I promise it'll be better than anything that inn has in its kitchens."

Page 1 of 17 123 ... LastLast