Page 1 of 24 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blood Z OOC [M]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Default Blood Z OOC [M]

Rated M: For blood and gore, horror themes, semi drug use, crude language, and otherwise dark elements.

Blood Z

^Song

The end of the world seems like something you'd only joke about, back then when the world was thriving. It was something people would just roll their eyes at whenever someone tahttps://oi59.tinypic.com/219xno4.jpglked about the zombie apocalypse being real. But when the virus broke out, everyone was scratching their heads. How could this be? How could this happen to us? The zombie apocalypse couldn't really be real?

We always thought it was a work of fiction. Now all those silly books now seem so serious. We were never prepared. We always just joked about it. I guess those who did prepare, they seem so smart now. We were the fools.

It all started with a strain of rabies we never seen. Given the name R24-EZ by the scientist, most folks around here call it 24, some kind of virus disease that takes of the mind. You're witnessing everything through your own very eyes. Not even in control of your body. Ataxia. Zombies aren't exactly the way we thought of them in the movies. Undead, unfeeling creatures. No you're attacking fully alive, fully aware humans, who began to show signs and symptoms of rabid behavior. Then indiscriminately began to look for new host.

Until they die.

It spread so fast. That's when the government created Zone. They set up quarantine sections to help civilians, but most people aren't to happy with them. Some set on their own calling themselves Travelers. And some of us set up our own cities, the government, Zone, calls us Truckers. We're nomadic scavengers of the zombie wasteland.

There's some good news. If you can call it that. Some scientist at Zone isolated a few special types of people. Funnily enough they are called Host. Host are rare, but they exist. They are the few people who cannot get 24. They possess a rare gene they called T1-Z, their bodies actually creates antibodies to fight off 24.

When their blood is consume by the Zombies, the zombies seem to die. Many people in Zone think they are the key to a vaccine. We Truckers have a secret weapon, her name is Elizabeth Shawl. She's created a serum using Host blood. It's not perfect. It's not a cure. Take it, an hour later for 24hrs you can take a few zombie bites without getting infected. It's named Eliza's Miracle.

Shawl use to be a scientist for the Zone, but she fled. She believed they wouldn't do right to the T1-Z or Host. Even rarer is a gene called C2-Z2. I'm running out of power, but hopefully we can find Host willing to help us.

The Plot

The year is 2081, twenty years ago a disease broke out. A strain of rabies hit humanity, turning half the population into host for a parasitic virus. Not dead, not alive in the mind, humanity called them zombies because of the similarities they had to the stuff they saw on TV.

Recently a discovery of two genes, T1-Z and C2-Z2 was discovered. People born, resistant to the rabies strain. How and why? They seem like rare gems. Their blood could be the key to a cure to the rabies strain R24-EZ. There is a problem though. Two communities want these rare gems for different reasons.

The Zone, the established government in the wasteland, wants the rare gems to save whom they deem important.

The Truckers, the nomadic established independent nation of trail drivers, want the rare gem to save everybody.

The Host, don't want to be experiments.

Who wins in this situation? Well, it will need Your Help to find out.

Rules and Notes

Spoiler: Rules 

Spoiler: Notes For You 

Accepted Character Sheets

*I need at least 3 Host, 1 Host in the Zone, 1 Host in the Truckers, and 1 Roaming around
    *Other Note: Marx, Shawl, and the Colonel are considered NPCs, Fern is not, he's my character
    *I'll need someone willing to play a leader type for the West Trade Company

Truckers

Micheal Zob- WatchDog- Host T1-Z- Scavenger/Scout

Zone

Gregory M- CFvano- Zone- Blades of Zion - Commander/Priest

Host

Fixers

Leader- Fern Peters - Clyde - Host [C2-Z2]

West Trade Company

Character Sheets

Basics-

Name: [Your characters name]
    Human: [Yes for now, until otherwise noted]
    Host: [Yes or No]
    Gene: [Either T1-Z, or C2-Z2]
    Trained Skill: [Let me clarify. Is your character a soldier? Is your character a scavenger? Perhaps they are cook or a scientist, etc.]
    Faction: [Zone, Truckers, Fixers, or West Trade Company]
    Role: [What is your role in your faction?]
    Appearance: [I have no requirements for appearances. Realistic anime is fine. Realistic photos is fine. Just keep in mind you're in a zombie apocalypse world. You'll want tough clothes so zombies don't rip through them or bite you. Find a way to keep your arteries in check, be practical about what they are wearing is all I am saying in this matter]
    Personality: [What is their personality? Who are they? Define your character, likes, dislikes, hopes, and dreams. Hobbies, etc.]
    History: [Your characters history. Define your past.]

If Human [Host or Not] add:

Abilities: Define your train abilities. Be practical and reasonable in skills they will need to survive. If they are a soldier define their trained skill.

Ability Weakness: Every ability must be balanced with a flaw

If Human Host, C2-Z2 add:

Negative Effect: Everyone with C2-Z2 gene has a slight negative effect and possess a symptom of the strain. Whether they have the shakes, motor skill problems, seizures, etc. Define that here.

If Human Host, both genes add:

Mental Instability: What is your mental instability? How do you deal with it? How do you cope? etc.

Soldiers and Scavengers add:

Weapons: Scavengers and Soldiers get military weaponry. Whether they be a semi automatic rifle. Something grade a military.

Everyone else add:

Weapons: Something to protect yourself. Something not military. Like a machete, or something to at least keep yourself protected.

Finally,

Other: Theme song, anything you missed while ready, etc.
    Last edited by Mr.Cynic; 08-18-2014 at 02:47 AM.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

but if I'm in the military, wouldn't I have a military weapon?

Spoiler: Things I like 

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Well yes, in the Zone...you'd already be provided one.

But if you're in the Truckers and things like that it's most likely found one. It's also just so I know what you're carrying. And the Truckers, West Trade Company, they take your guns when they settle. They redistribute them for guard duty. It's a precaution you're not going to shoot zomebody.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Yes, if I joined, I'd be a zone commander.

- - - Updated - - -

does the 'shoot them in the head orthey don't die' rule come into play?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Well as a Zone commander you'd have a military weapon.

I just wanted to make it aware that citizens aren't usually armed. I just want to know what is in your inventory so I can mark it down. Really it would be like any normal sheet where you write down your weapon. I also want to make it clear a civilian isn't going to be running around with a military rifle. That was the point I was trying to make.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

alright.

Could I have NPC goons? And do the Zone actively exterminate zombies?

- - - Updated - - -

and you didn't answer my other question.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

You can have NPC goons, you can exterminate zombies if that's what you want your squad to be.

And shooting in them head or shooting them in the body works. They kind of "die" when you shoot them in the torso or anywhere else. Because they aren't living dead. They are humans locked inside of their minds with no control of their own body

The body dies, the virus does not. So I mean shooting them in the head makes sure the dead body doesn't go biting people.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

well, knowing that they can die form other wounds opens up my tactical options a bit more. I was just going to arm my guys with semi-automatic carbines/rifles, and melee weapons, but now I kn0ow other weapons like flamethrowers and grenades work as well.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes sir they do.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Deathwatch is go!

- - - Updated - - -

can I make a sort of mini-faction within the zone? Perhaps a group of religious fanatics who see the infected as an abomination upon the land to be destroyed?

Page 1 of 24 123 ... LastLast