Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blackthorn Academy [IC]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Anime, Fantasy, Mature, 1x1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Blackthorn Academy [IC]

Blackthorn Academy's classes are now in session. Winter Solstice is up on the students, with the winter chill in the air. Snow covers the school grounds, the green trees and rooftops. School halls lay bare at the moment, with decorations to follow soon enough.
    Christmas may not be for everyone, but for some students, it means alot, a chance to see family, a chance to let themselves go and do what they want.

Sakura wandered round the school quietly. Tiptoeing from door to door. Watching as lower ranking vampires dragged trees through the corridors. "Oh I love Christmas, especially the school tradition." She sat on a balcony railing that over looked the floor below. She saw people walking from classes to their dorms or to dinner. She yawned a little, letting her legs swing back and forth as she wondered what she should do, who she should annoy. No one disobeyed her here, she was like ruler of the school, despite been one of the youngest students.
    She jumped down and landed gracefully on her feet. She walked round, headed to the library, wondering where dear Maria was. She spotted her perched on a branch just outside the library window, head deep in a book.

Maria looked up. "What can I do for you, Sakura?" She asked, she had been expecting a visit from her today.

"Oh, I was just wondering how you were, and if you were doing much..." She looked down, wanting to ask her something.

"No, I aren't doing it."

"Oh but please, just a drop. I am your superior." Sakura begged.

"We are the same, Sister." Maria closed her book, jumped back in through the window then out the Library.

Sakura needed another victim, but who? She headed out the library and for another wander.

[Avi and Sig set by Me]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Elise was sitting on the window sill, looking excitedly at the snow that accumulated outside the school as well as the frost that had clung to the window. Winter was always her favorite time of the year since it was just filled with fun wonders. Sure, it may be colder than usual but that's nothing a jacket wouldn't fix although it's not like the cold ever bothered her. Right now, she was trying her best not to just dash out of the room and play in the snow since her sister was still asleep but when she heard her twin shift in bed, she just couldn't keep herself from doing nothing anymore. She went to her sister's bed and gently shook her lookalike's shoulder. She continued to shake her sister relentlessly with a grin on her face. "Come on Alise, wake up! Let's go play outside! It's snowing! Come on!"

Alise's peaceful slumber was ruined when her sister insistently called out to her. B her twin's only sister, she was used to it. Ever since they were young, it's always been just the two of them. No matter what circumstances they faced, they went through it together and for every moment of happiness, they'd experience it together as well. They're never one without the other. Well, unless they both get lost but they eventually find their way back to each other. Although despite being twins, Elise was always the hyperactive one and while Alise could be cheerful, she could never compete with her sister's childish excitement for everything. With a sigh, she opened her eyes and as usual, agreed. She could never resist a request from her sister. Besides, playing in the snow sounded like fun. "Fiiiinneeee."

With that agreement, the pair or rather, Alise dressed up since Elise turned out to be ready to go. The two soon left their room, Alise was barely able to lock the door as she was dragged by her sister through the hallway of the school. Although it's not like she was reluctant to go but she somehow managed to convince Elise to slow down. Both had a smile on their faces as they talked and walked except Elise was walking backwards, giggling every now and then as they headed to the door leading outside.

Fantasy, Horror
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Alicia stood behind the large gates to Blackthorn Academy, gazing at the miles of trees and foliage that further concealed the campus from human eyes. Her pale hands grasped the frosted metal bars, rusted from decades of precipitation, that stood between her and the distant smell of fresh human blood. The teachers never let her venture into the human cities, afraid for what she might do, though they weren’t exactly wrong to be suspicious of her. As she continued to stare into the woods, her expression remained calm, but the heat of her frustration was openly displayed as the ice and snow around Alicia quickly melted into boiling puddles. It had been ages since her thirst was properly quenched, and a continuous, raging pain attacked her throat and flowed to the rest of her body. Although the blood bags the school provided were mediocre at best, and barely satiated her - Alicia had standards when it came to her meals - she might just devour half of the school’s entire supply if she had to.

After melting away a good few meters of snow around her, Alicia decided to return to the school. As she walked, her purple cape fluttering behind her, the deep layers of snow instantly froze at her feet, creating a smooth platform for Alicia to walk on. She wasn’t a very tall person, and thankfully her abilities kept her from sinking into the white fluff.

As she continued walking, Alicia spotted Sakura in the distance. She approached her with a faint smile, ignoring the burning pain in her throat. “My princess,” Alicia greeted with a curtsy. She normally wouldn’t willingly approach someone to start a conversation, especially when she was as thirsty as she was, but her parents were very strict about serving the royal family well. They often brought her along to meet the members of the royal family, which included Sakura. “How are you?”

"Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly."
    Check out my art thread here! | My Tumblr

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Jace wondered around a bit in the school library. Finding every book on the shelves very interesting, and some of the books looked very antique as well. Not much people in the library, maybe because it was very quiet and subtle, and that it calms him down? He likes it no other way. Picking a book from a shelf, titled "Passage of Rite." He could feel the dust coming off of the cover, and who ever wrote the book was unknown. The words were a golden color and it reflected on his face. Opening the book, he realized the words were not in English or any other language, but old Vampire tongue. Looking confused and his head started to hurt a bit, as he tried to understand of what each word meant. He quickly closed the book and placed it back on the shelf. He sighs for a brief moment. "This place is suppose to help me huh?" He murmured to himself. Giving a soft growl, he look towards the window.

The moon shined bright tonight, as the snow lights up the ground. He knows he can't feel no warmth, nor cold. But he can tell it was very cold outside. He gives a small shrug, and walked outside. The yard was very big, although it looked like anybody can get lost out here, but somehow find their way back. He could see flowers grew alongside of the building. Feeling a bit disgust, he walks away and head towards the meadow. "Well maybe I can find something interesting out here." he says to himself once again.

He finds a foot ball on the ground. No one called out that the ball belongs to them. He picks it up, he could smell the pig skin coming from the ball. It was weird for him, though he should be use to it. He remembered a one of the games he played before. He made so many touchdowns and passed other players. Though his strength conquered the competition. It was the best game he ever played. He had to held back his strength a bit, to keep his secret safe. But he remembered a moment in that game, it angered him bad. He gives the ball a small squeeze, his teeth clenched, his eyes squeezed tight. Out of anger, he released the ball and gives it a hard kick with his right leg. The ball flies towards the sky going at least above 300 feet off the ground. Breathing a bit harsh, he takes slow steady breaths, and calms himself down. After controlling his anger, he opens his eyes and looks around, then looks up. Keeping a eye on the ball, wondering when will it come back down. "I hate Christmas." He says softly.
    Last edited by MidKnight; 08-22-2014 at 01:43 AM.

Romance, Fantasy, Horror, Sci-Fi, Comedy, Slice of Life
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

It was a cool and peaceful night everyone was about and wandering around having a great time, meanwhile Daichi was out in the school yard under a cherry blossom tree staring up at the moon his crimson eyes glowing with a gentle sereneness, he let out a soft sigh Christmas wasn't his most favorite holiday since it was around that time that his parents had been murdered by the townspeople when he was a child, it was around this time that he usually isolated himself off from everyone else, its not as if anyone else in the royal family wanted him around anyway, after all Daichi was the black sheep of the royal family since his father was the brother of the head of the royal family and he was his father's son in whom they considered Daichi the black sheep since it was his mistake as a child that got his parents murdered though only those of the royal family who were old enough at the time to know of his past knew this about him it wasn't leaked outside of the royal family otherwise they feared that it would possibly stain their royal status if they had found out about it.

"I bet everyone is having such a wonderful time right now.. Though it doesn't really matter to me.. I'm used to always being alone since I was a child anyway.." Daichi stood up and decided to go for a walk down the courtyard path as he headed for the rose meadow a bit further away from the school, it was chilly but being a vampire the cold didn't bother him one bit since he was one of the undead obviously, what would he do today he wondered, he didn't feel like being around everyone having such a fun and peaceful time since his low mood would just ruin it for everyone and he didn't wish to be a burden on anyone, around this time he always agonized about his past about what he did to his parents.
    I have nothing important to say here.. But enjoy some sparklies in my signature! uwu

Action Adventure, Anything Anime-Related(unless I haven't watched it), Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Snow. Oh, how it gives children twinkling eyes on their small bright faces and toothy smiles from their parents. Should the sight of snow bring buzzes of happiness inside? Temperance wouldn't think so. Looking at snow, feeling the snow, only brings her back to that fateful day. The young vampire, with a long gray winter coat on, sits alone in the silent school halls, gazing mindlessly out the tall glass window. She stares at the horizon of the evergreen tree tips that makes of the wondrous forest that surrounds Blackthorn Academy.

Blackthorn Academy… school for vampires.. She muses to herself. Still alone.. even in a place where I’m supposed to fit in.. Temperance’s crimson eyes lowered to her thin pale hands. Vampire..

A vampire is a bloodsucking evil spirit, as said in European folklore. It’s supposed to be a dead person who rose from the grave each night and sucked blood from the living for sustenance. It’s been a while since she’s had a proper meal, the medicine blood bags that the academy provided with only quenching her thirst to a minimum. The blazing scent of humans burns her nose and adds more energy to the fire that scorches her throat. For being such a cold creature, she is on fire.
    Everyone here, as far as Temperance knows, isn't dead. They all were either born as vampires or changed into one, and were all invited to be enrolled in this school. It was only three years ago that she had transformed into a bloodsucking creature, yet she registered about a few days ago as a junior. Oh, how she was entranced with how large this castle-like place is. On the first day Temperance wasn't paying attention to where she walking, and she accidentally turned the corner too early, falling right into the thick stone walls of a classroom. To see a body halfway through a wall isn't really the best first impression.

Temperance sighs tiredly, feeling weary and fatigued even though she hadn't been doing anything. She shuts her eyes, leans back against her seat by the window, and welcomes the darkness in her mind to enter.
    Last edited by SilentTears; 08-23-2014 at 02:52 AM.

fantasy, dark, romance, sinful, graphic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"That's it. Get off." The bus driver said, pulling up to the school. Micah nodded his thanks, although he grumbled under his breath "bitch."

Looking up at the school he now had to attend. Term had already started, but he hadn't been turned at that point, and they couldn't risk letting a rogue Turnblood run around the humans and potentially devour them. It always seemed shocking to Micah that he could (and from an evolutionary standpoint should be killing and eating humans. He was a human not 2 months ago, and now he's expected to change his life entirely. His fingers crept to his neck as he remembered the attack. The screaming. It was funny, he had a weird sense of danger going down that road, and it turned out to be true.

His hunches are worse now, of course. Since being sired, Micah had stronger and stronger premonitions of the future- always true. It was worrying, but it always seems to give him an edge.

Looking up at the castle-like building, Micah took a few steps forward and entered. One suitcase trailed clumsily behind him. He wore tight fitting, layered clothes which protected him from the cold, but always reflected his impeccable fashion sense. He looked like a modern day Victorian. Clad in black and brown overclothes, ripped deliberately to show flashes of red underlayers beneath them. A lip ring hung from his right side, and a thin layer of wax held his hair in a way that allowed it to flow freely, but return to it's original position.

"It's huge..." Micah thought aloud as he noticed the vampires walking around the area, as if it were completely normal. Of course, to them, this was entirely normal, and has been all their lives. Micah was still not used to his hypersensitivity, and found it slightly overwhelming. He needed to find out where he should dump his stuff. He was about to set off to the main building when he realised - he was lost, and had no idea where to go.
    "Damn." He cursed, and decided to settle on his instinct, he was a bit psychic right? He took to the right to find the building, and taking the wrong way entirely.

~Please Check out my Game! Features Ghosts, Dancing and Drag Queens!~

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

"That's it. Get off," the tenor voice of the bus driver boomed from the front of the bus. Adze broke from her mental reverie, focus returning to reality and its surroundings. They had pulled into the academy now, the archaic buildings nestled amongst the barren trees and the blanket of snow. Night had settled the place, but with her eyes the darkness was no concealing veil. Each detail was clear, and from what she saw the place lived up to its reputation.

Never had she seen so many Vampire Kin in one place, mingling so freely in the grounds of the place. Adze looked away from the window now, glancing over her belongings to make sure they were collected, before settling her eyes on the paper in her hands. It was a letter, written on thick papers with spidery lettering of another language. She had read the thing multiple times now, but felt no less reassured by the contents. She, after all, had a very important job.

"Ya' gonna get off or ride back to the city? Cause I'm gonna have to charge you for that, you know," The bus drivers voice sounded again, this time through the buses PA system. Adze exhaled softly before rising, raising one hand to wave at the woman up front. "Apologies, madam. I did not mean to tarry." Her voice was smooth, and the rhythm she spoke in was quite comforting, "Please allow me a moment more of your time, and then and I shall be gone."

It took no more than a few moments for her to leave the bus, she also tipping the bus driver extra for the inconvenience. That more than anything produced a smile and a sweet farewell, something Adze could tell about the bus driver. It was nothing more of consequence now, but she hoped the connection could be of use later. Favors, even the smallest of ones, had a mighty power. That was what the Witch Man taught her.

Adze looked ahead next now, and saw the other vampire riding the bus already far ahead. It was a pity, because it would have been nice for them to speak as new comers. It did not concern her enough, he seeming to have somewhere else to be than the main building, moving to a right way path. Or, he could be lost. She was still not concerned.

The luggage she carried was sizable, but that did not inhibit her progress as she moved along the brick lain path, the wheels on her suitcase settling into a rhythmic rumble on the ground. Her strides were long and carried her deftly, hair dancing on her back as she moved. A well fit waist jacket was what she wore, made of black moleskin and lined in silk, with a white scarf dusted with embroidered stars around her neck tucked into that jacket and dark leggings and boots to match. She would be a striking figure against the white of the snow.

It was a wonder. A wonder what her future here would hold.

Thanks Nara and Karma for the wonderful Avatar and Signature set!

When all else is gone, the bones always remain...

Spoiler: VAIDIA'S CHARACTER THEME SONG WORKSHOP 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"That's it, get off" were the words that told Rose that he had reached his destination, a school for vampires. He smiled as he stepped off the bus hearing the snow crunch, as the cold air bite into him. This was where he was meant to be with people, Rose gathered his Stuff as he passed through the gates to a new world.

After going through the gate the first thing he noticed was the buildings each of them like castles. Stone sentry's giving a cold welcome whose passages were filled with a beauty found only in age like wisdom. Those ancient stones that scraped the sky, filled with story's of the past, wanting those that came to add their own with high expectations.

Rose accepted that expectation as he walked towards the building in the center and passed slumbering trees. Thinking that even if it wasn't the main building someone in their would lead him too it.
    Last edited by Wordwolf; 08-23-2014 at 03:21 AM.

Either at work or at home playing video games
    Romance, Parody, and... whatever I feel like playing?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

,/Zin sat at the back of the bus with her headphones on. She was looking out thefrosted window, when there was an abrupt stop. She looked up at all the other students exiting and she stood, grabbing her back pack. Once her foot was off the bus and on the snow covered sidewalk, she headed straight to the library. She didn't want to talk to anyone and she certainly didn't want to be in the mist of "I miss yous".

The shushed room was a welcoming sound. Zin was new here and she didn't have friends. People didn't flock to her like they did others and she didn't mind at all. She felt like a fish out of water, mostly because she was still getting used to the whole being a vampire. She picked up a book and swept her hand across the cover. Dust flew into the air and the title read Famous Vampires. She took the book and sat at the nearby table. She flipped through looking at the vampires names. She recongized some names and sort of chuckled. People she didn't think were vampires when she was human. They blened in so well with the human world.

Zin shut the book, thinking that all she wanted was to be human again, with a nice normal family, go to a normal school and be a normal girl with normal friends. Shaking her head at the thought, she put her headphones back on and walked back into the hallways. The only reason she was here was because her adopted parents wanted her to have the best education and they hoped she would make some vampire friends her age, making her feel more comfortable.

Zaeda scoffed at the idea, Yeah, feel normal as she drinks blood from a tube and walking around the halls with kids who grew up with this being the norm. She rolled her eyes. She kept walking until she was outside. She could no longer feel the sting of the icy wind. It was another painful reminder. No longer did she feel the cool summer breeze, the warmth of the sun, the crisp kiss of the rain. She looked at the ground as she walked until she bumped right into a blue haired boy, making her fall to the ground.

Her headphones fell from her ears and she grumbled under her breath. When she stood, she dusted herself off, "I am so sorry. I was lost in thought and wasn't watching where I was going." She looked up at him ashamed of herself. She was such a clutz.

Big thank you to .Κάρμα. for the avi and signature <3
    Follow me on Pintrest ,Tumblr, and Instagram

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast