Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Champions in Training: Year One OOC

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Superhero, Alternate Universe,
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

While I appreciate the "I'm interested" posts, I still need CS's if I'm going to get this off the ground

NOW ENROLLING FOR SEMESTER I!
    Are YOU a young man or woman who has recently discovered superpowers?
    Train your skills and become your region's Champion!

October Member of the Month
    Anything that is Awesome
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Sorry for the late post. I got really busy between family stuff and school.

Name: Patrick O'Donnell
    Hometown: South Bend, Indiana
    Powers: super strength, invulnerable skin
    Equipment: quarter staff
    Preferred Codename: Tank
    Appearance (for ID purposes):
    Spoiler: Patrick 

How would you describe your Personality? I'm a down to earth, no nonsense type of person. Bit stubborn but I know when to let things go. Enjoys watching movies and playing sports. I don't particularly like pranksters or people who never take anything seriously.
    What would you say are your greatest strengths?: I got an overactive sense of loyalty and would do anything for my younger twin sister.
    What are your greatest Weaknesses? Greatest strength is sort of my greatest weakness.
    Tell us a little bit about yourself: I grew up in Indiana. All we have around here is Notre Dame. Lived and average life with my twin sis, Moira, and the 'rents. I got good grades. I'm a decent guy teenage guy comparatively. Found out I had powers when my twin and I got into a car accident and I wasn't hurt. I kicked out the door and dragged us both out.

Name: Moira O'Donnell
    Hometown: South Bend, Indiana
    Powers: super speed, healing factor
    Equipment: any sort of blade
    Preferred Codename: Arsonal
    Appearance (for ID purposes):

How would you describe your Personality? I'm just about the sunniest person you'll ever meet. I love messing around with people, pulling pranks and such. I get excited over everything! Also, I just loathe people who take things way too seriously (cough cough. oh brother of mine)
    What would you say are your greatest strengths?: Gurl, I could talk an enemy's ear off. Also, I'd do anything for that stick-in-the-mud twin of mine. We have this whole loyalty thing down.
    What are your greatest Weaknesses? I sort of get distracted easily.... I also don't take things seriously sometimes.....all the time..... Also, my brother. As much as I hate 'im, I'd do anything for him. Family first, you know?
    Tell us a little bit about yourself: Indiana isn't that bad of a place. I had a normal life. I'm not as smart of Patrick but I had one hell of a social life. I would've gone to college but noooo. Patrick had to get us into an accident and find out that we had powers. I was cut up pretty bad, but a couple minutes later, I was fine. As for finding out I was wicked fast? I slapped Patrick a couple hundred times in a few seconds. So, turns out that we're superheroes! How exciting is that?

(Hope this is all right.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Totally!

In the lab, building things to help protect others.
    Mostly Sci-fi, though anything that looks interesting.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

can I have a hero like batman? You know, gadgets and the like? I've already got a character almost ready, but family issues have slowed the progress on its completion. " The batman idea is for a few minor details for my character.
    Spoiler: RPG Personality 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's why the equiptment slot is there, so gadget based heroes can have a chance. So , yes. as long as it's not a clone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ah, how about a technomancer? Like the main villain in HighSky? That was the real reason for my question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Technomancy is totally acceptable LOve that movie, btw
    and to clarify, I was cool with gadget based, I just didn;t want you straight up copying Batman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah, well, the bat-o-rang would be a bit much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alrighty, here we go then!

Name: Viola Flicc
    Hometown: Atlanta, Georgia
    Powers: Puppeteer (Playing with peoples hearts to manipulate them), super agility, and speed.
    Equipment: I like to carry my grandfathers sword around, if that's alright.
    Preferred Codename: Flicker
    Appearance (for ID purposes): Long brunette hair, pale skin, green/blue eyes.
    (For housing purposes) How would you describe your Personality? Include likes and dislikes. I think I'm a very calm, mature person. I take things seriously most of the time, but I can joke when I must. I've been called relaxed and laid-back, and I would agree unless I'm working. I get anxiety attacks very easily, so I would like to be near calm people if possible. I seem to have another side of me, though, that loves to get excited and fight. Normally I'm not like that, but I've caught myself wanting to hurt someone that annoys me a few times.
    What would you say are your greatest strengths?: My seemingly double-personality. My other side would do anything to protect someone with my grandfathers sword, and the side writing this would calm anyone down in a heartbeat.
    What are your greatest Weaknesses? My anxiety disorder. I can't be helpful if I'm having an episode in the middle of something.
    Tell us a little bit about yourself: (backstory) I grew up with a normal family, a single child. At the age of 11 I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder that changed my life. No sports, no parties, no excitement. It's gotten better since then, but still not normal. I lived in fear of excitement for a few years, but found it unavoidable. I learned to mature quickly, to stay calm, and to avoid any boisterous activity. My parents were very persnickety about what I did, and my grandfather was my only escape. I would spend 3-6 hours with him on the weekends, and he taught me how to fight. He taught me to protect myself and my loved ones, and to be free. It was because of him I was able to join gymnastics. I was the best in the class, won 1st place in 13 competitions. It taught me to use my agility with skill and grace. I liked it. When my grandfather died and my window of escape shut I stayed in my room a lot. I was diagnosed with depression. My parents found out about gymnastics and made me quit. I gradually found out about being a puppeteer, and an agile quick beast. I found what I craved. Power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Neil Burns Tanner

APPLICATION FOR ENROLLMENT
    Name: Neil Burns Tanner
    Hometown: Georgetown, Ohio
    Powers: the complete and utter control and understanding of anything electrical that touches his hands and everything connected to it. This goes so far as to be limited telekinises and magnetic/metal manipulation. (Give me the parts, or scrap, and I can build you a fully functioning laser weapon... that is, if I know how it works through study or touching a pre-built one.)
    Spoiler: Equipment 

Preferred Codename: Cybernetico
    Spoiler: Appearance (for ID purposes): 

(For housing purposes) How would you describe your Personality? Include likes and dislikes:

Well, to be honest, I think I'm a recluse. I don't really like large crowds because the vast majority of a large crowd are, in my opinion, stupid people or people that could act stupidly. I have few friends, but those few that I do make, I am incredibly loyal to. For instance, if one of these hypothetical friends told me a secret, like that they planned on hurting themselves or others due to their stupidity. My first reaction would be "are you serious?" And if I deem they are, I'd inform the proper authorities for the protection and the greater health of him/herself and others. In another instance, should there be a party or something that myself and my hypothetical friends were invited to, I would nominate myself as the designated driver if there were alcoholics involved. For everyone.

What would you say are your greatest strengths?:
    My intelligence and my integrity. Possibly my loyalty as well.

What are your greatest Weaknesses?
    My lack of social experience, I think, is my greatest weakness. Just because I seem that I am amiable to you, doesn't exactly mean I am. All that it means is that I don't know how to respond, and so go with a polite response and try to extract myself from the situation. The other is my adverse reaction with alcohol. It causes such a... mess.

Tell us a little bit about yourself:
    When I was a kid, even at the age of 6, I knew I was different. And by different, I mean I was smarter than most of the other kids my age. I was speaking with dignity and what the others dubbed, "Nerd-speak" I knew how to play almost every video game I had ever tried, the first time. Which led to several arguments about me being a hustler. Can you imagine? An 8 year old hustler? Neither did my parents. They put me in as many advanced classes as they thought I could handle. Which was quite a bit, because they had me on a computer. but that's beside the point. I first learned I had superpowers was when, as I said earlier, I first drank with my parents. after the third shot-glass on my 17th birthday party, I have no recollection of the rest of the night. All I know of what happened was the devastation and the story my terrified parents told me through the hang-over I had. Apparently, I stopped drinking after the fourth shot, and then suddenly almost every electronic device I had ever used or messed with fell apart. The AC was in pieces and those pieces had flown around the room, only to be joined by the ceiling fan and the computers in the room. I passed out five minutes later, with various parts curling around me and my parents couldn't wake me up until the next morning. It was about then that we first looked into applying for training.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast