View Poll Results: Where should this RP go!?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Attack on the island by Purifiers

2 40.00%
  • Attack on the island by U-men

0 0%
  • Alliance between Purifiers and U-men

2 40.00%
  • Characters venture to America and try to defeat Purifiers and/or U-men

2 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Men: Genosha and a New World

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    fantasy.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default X-Men: Genosha and a New World

You are a mutant, and have lived in a world where you aren't accepted for who you are. Anti-mutant hate and racism are rising everywhere in the world, natural disasters are being blamed on mutants and even modern day witch hunts are executed in some countries. At the head of it all are the Purifiers, vicious gangsters who believe that mutants are poison to the system and scum to the earth. These men and woman believe that your kind are inferior, that you should be punished for even daring to exist. The actions of the Purifiers have risen from simple protests to charges of assault, battery, even manslaughter and torture.

But you need not fear, there is a new haven for mutant kind. Genosha. An island 300 miles off the coast of Russia. Founded by Erik Lehnsherr (Magneto), he has opened this country to mutants seeking shelter and asylum from the terrors of their hated lives.

Your story begins when you arrive off the tanker ships, you were smuggled from your home country) into Genosha.
    Spoiler: Character Sheet 

Basically after everyone gets to the Island your characters will have time to get used to life. the "Big Things" will happen.
    *rubs hands like evil supervillian*

Spoiler: My CS 

Spoiler: ACCEPTED CHARACTERS 
    Last edited by Deaths_companion; 10-21-2014 at 02:49 PM.

Spoiler: Trainer License 

Spoiler: stuff 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Having fun yet?

For even more fun try your hand at the Roleplay of the Week thread!

Maybe you think you need to spice the place up with a graphic? Check out the Banner shop then!

The Roleplaying Games Directory is where you should go to advertise just how much fun people are missing out on.

Or maybe you’d like some help from “on high?” Staff Signatures are a great way to let everyone know just what’s going on.

RPA is doing its part to decrease our carbon footprint by sending out a month newsletter! Why not join the effort and advertise with us? RPA Tribune!!

Have fun!

historical, fantasy, dystopian, superpowers/gifted
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Ooooo...X-Men . I'm potentially interested in this and have a couple characters I could use. Due to that alone I might even consider doubling up.

- - - Updated - - -

If curious, one of them is a shapeshifter while the other is a cyrokinesist.

fantasy.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

#YAAAAAAAS! Thats totally okay!

Anything with violence in it, fantasy, 1x1's.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can I do a character with Illusion Manipulation? Gah maybe I'lll double up too... But I don't know what my second chars thing would be. I wanted to do shadow manipulation but I guess I shouldn't now. Maybe I'll do fire manipulation. Ether way though I'm gonna sign up.

Thank you Hayabusa!

Pirates Roleplay: https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71039 Wolf Roleplay: https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71056

Spoiler: My past Role-plays  

fantasy.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Okami View Post
    Can I do a character with Illusion Manipulation? Gah maybe I'lll double up too... But I don't know what my second chars thing would be. I wanted to do shadow manipulation but I guess I shouldn't now. Maybe I'll do fire manipulation. Ether way though I'm gonna sign up.
    Sure thing! just be sure not to make it too powerful, also with illusions there has to be a way to either resist or break them. as long as you make a balanced character anything is welcome.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Okami, a pyrokinesist would actually be cool. It would contrast with mine quite nicely. Fire and ice, hell yea. Also, I'll get my two sheets up soon. I have them, but just need to find them and tweak them slightly to fit the requirements here.

October Member of the Month
    Anything that is Awesome
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

ooooooo. I dare say I'll put up a character sheet eventually.

fantasy.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

oooo cool! i can't wait you two!!!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Here's my first sheet. I'll have the second on the way:

Name: Anastasiya Ivanovna Kornikova
    Alias: Frost Mistress (cheesy, but I'm terrible at coming up with superhero names)
    Country of origin: Russia
    Appearance:
    Spoiler: Pic 
    Aside from the features in the picture the tips of her hair are also dyed light blue.
    Offensive power: Ice Manipulation/Cryokinesis. Anastasiya has the ability to harness and control ice in all its various forms including shards, icicles, sheets, etc. This includes being able to move it and alter its density.
    Defensive power: Anastasiya can create "ice barriers" of sorts to shield herself and her allies from attack. She is also able to easily withstand extremely cold temperatures no other humans could ordinarily withstand and make it out alive. Naturally this leads to her feeling uncomfortable in warmer weather and climates as it is an aspect of her powers she cannot "turn off".
    Utility: Anastasiya is able to slide herself and others on sheets of ice she creates.
    Bio: Anastasiya was born in a small Moscow apartment. Being the product of an unexpected labour, her mother never had time to rush to the hospital. Instead her birth was oversaw by a neighbour who happened to be a nurse. Naturally it was a difficult pregnancy and included unexpected symptoms such as extreme cooling of her mother's body. This was considered the first display of Anastasiya's extraordinary powers, something that would pain her for much of her life, realizing it had led to her mother's death in childbirth.

With her mother absent Anastasiya naturally grew fond of her father. However, he too was troubled from grief and eventually succumbed to alcoholism. It wasn't until years after neglect of his daughter that he would win this battle. As a result, much of the time Anastasiya was left to be cared for by others or as she aged, care for herself. The nurse next door almost became like a second parent for her, being the "turn to" person.

Anastasiya became a bit of a trouble child for those looking after her, actually becoming dangerous during fits of rage due to her abilities. It was this that got her removed from school for the safety of the other students. Having a blossoming mind this was a difficult blow on her, succumbing into a brief depression herself.

However, despite his own troubles Anastasiya's father cared deeply for her and wanted her to have a good future with quality education. Knowing his daughter was "different" he stumbled upon the facility at Genosha and set about sending his daughter there.

Islander or new arrival: New arrival, but as you can see she's local. Kinda...
    Last edited by Nachthexe; 09-25-2014 at 06:28 AM.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast