Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon: To End All Wars (OOC) (M)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Adventure, Literary, Historical
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Pokemon: To End All Wars OOC (M) Accepting Players

Pokemon: To End All Wars

Rated M for strong violence and coarse language

Map Of the RP's World

Link to IC Thread

“Okay, so no one’s really sure when it started, and no one’s really sure where it first started happening. I think I heard from someone that the disappearances had been first recorded in Argentina or something, but nothing concrete really, not that it matters. What we do know is why they attacked us. Not sure if you will in the future, that depends on who wins, and I’m not really sure anyone will, but I guess that’s why I’m recording this.

Alright, so Pokémon or ‘pocket monsters’ have been around for centuries, and I think they’re called that because supposedly Abraham, in the book of Genesis, found a weedle in the pocket of his robe, or something. So like I said, centuries. But they’d always been… wild. Like, we never really incorporated them into our society. They could understand our speech, to a certain degree at least, and some people tried to tame or ‘befriend’ them, but such an occurrence was pretty rare, well not, like, super rare, but still pretty rare. Now, midway through the 20th century, people and Pokémon were not exactly on best of terms, as during the first and second world wars, many Pokémon habitats were drastically disturbed: entire forests reduced to mud by weeks of artillery fire, tanks rolling through dense grassland, trenches cut through the countryside, etc. Not to mention after that, all the huge ocean contamination, deforestation and commercial hunting that occurred.

Then in 1963 everything changed. The Soviet Union had channelled funding from their nuclear weapons program (after it was clear that a nuclear stalemate had been reached), and funded an experimental weapons program. They had developed the Pokémon encapsulation device, but It was and is pretty much known universally as the poke ball. The Americans, being the ‘leading power’ immediately caught onto this (mostly due to the sudden military usage of Pokémon in Vietnam) and reverse engineered it to create the greater Pokémon encapsulation device, which was very much a ‘screw you’ to the face of the USSR. Even the ball itself was the typical American blue-and-red. The USSR did what was only natural; another bloody arms race. They created the Ultra-effectiveness Pokémon encapsulation device, and the Americans created special-condition devices, so that production materials would not be wasted on unnecessary aspects. Then the Soviets dropped the real weapon, just before their collapse. The Master Pokémon encapsulation device was created, and with a 100% capture rate, the Americans were facing an impossible task. But like many cold war-era weapons, it wasn’t feasible. The ball had to incorporate a miniature fusion engine in order to violently release an enormous amount of energy at one time, which was incredibly expensive, plus, the United Nations almost unanimously declared it illegal. Thus, only a handful were ever created.

*Coughing* Sorry, um, not feeling too great at the moment. So where did this leave us? Well, we had a huge surplus of poke balls, rather similar to the AK-47 and RPG-7 market flood we had. So they were declared legal for public and commercial use, and factories were even set up to produce more, based almost entirely on the cold war design, with even ‘heal balls’ and ‘luxury balls’. Some places even allowed training and recreational combat between Pokémon, such as Japan, France, and some parts of America. The UN tried its best to stop this, but it provided training for conscript Pokémon in Iraq and Afghanistan. And then it happened. Most people didn’t realise, but Pokémon were being used in gang wars, particularly in South America, and people and Pokémon alike were dying.They were clever enough to follow commands, we knew that already. But it wasn’t until now that we realised exactly how clever they were.

The first thing that happened was the disappearances, people came home to see their poke balls broken or shattered, and their Pokémon nowhere to be found. Sometimes even a huge hole blown in their house. Somehow the pokemon had figured out how to escape from the poke balls, and were spreading the word. Then there were riots, random violent attacks and destruction. The military didn’t take any serious notice, as all the pokemon seemed to be trying to leave the countries. Of course they tried to stop them, but they weren’t doing anything serious. They found out soon enough where they were all going, though.

A huge organised attack of pokemon in many Chinese cities led to the driving out of much of the populations and the military destroyed. Then they began to move outwards, making organised attack on several cities, using genuine tactics they had learnt from years of forced warfare alongside humans. China and India were taken almost immediately, in what is often known as ‘the second blitzkrieg’. The American government was ruthless in their retaliation. They had at least one thing the pokemon didn’t: Nuclear weapons.

The first nuclear attack since Nagasaki was immediately ordered on Beijing, Hong Kong, and New Delhi, in an attempt to wipe out the pokemon threat, even at the massive cost of life for both sides. It was successful, until something changed their minds entirely. The Xatu squadrons, which is what the Internationals (or Inters) called them, and the psychic pokemon managed to gain control of the missiles in mid-flight and direct them back at a target of their choice; such as Spain, Egypt and America. This exchange was on a scale that no one could have comprehended, and the enormous amount of pollutants released into the atmosphere contributed to incredibly drastic weather patterns, so much so that the Air force was made redundant, which was an absolutely crippling blow for the Inters. The revolutionaries soon conquered almost all of Asia, save pieces of Kamchatka, while the global army did everything it could to make up for the speed they had lost with the air force.

This meant this meant upgrading their existing intercontinential railway system. It now incorporated the HyperTram, a supersonic underground train, and the railway it ran on is the most heavily fortified, armoured and guarded commodity that the Inters own. That brings us to*coughing* to the Remnants of Civilisation, or the R.O.C as they call themselves, their name being a jest at the barbaric nature of both sides over the war. Many seek peace by diplomatic terms, but many performed organised assaults and radical actions that ultimately had them branded as terrorists. Still, they were able to wrest control of bits of Europe, Vietnam and even Mexico from the control of the two Superpowers.

And that’s about it, I-*coughing* I hope that this helps somehow. Maybe you’re one of the R.O.C, trekking across what’s left of China, maybe you’re a historian centuries in the future, who wanted to know just what happened. Or maybe you’re no one. Maybe we all burn in hell. That’s fine too. God knows we- *coughing* god knows we deserve it.

-Contents of a Video recorder found on the outskirts of the ruins of Beijing, besides an unidentified corpse. Author is unknown.

Okay, I know that was probably a LOT of information to take in, but I think that It’ll be worth it.

So, ‘To End All Wars’ takes place in our world, with a very similar history to what ours is, except that there is now a war between people and Pokémon.

So, a brief timeline of historical events

Spoiler: Timeline 

Spoiler: The Superpowers 

Spoiler: Environments 

Spoiler: Notable Locations 

Spoiler: Notable Revolutionaries 

Spoiler: Notable Internationals 

Whew, sorry for info-overload.

Alright, so a few basic rules: You can play as either a Pokémon or a human. Pokémon can understand human speech but cannot speak, although a great many are able to write. No legendaries, except (again) by special permission, and try not to use the same pokemon as someone else. Both people and Pokémon can die, but no killing of a character without that person’s permission or my permission in special circumstances. No posting in the IC until your CS has been accepted. Try to avoid any M-rated stuff not mentioned in the rating at the top.

Spoiler: Character Sheet 

Okay, that may have been the longest post I’ve ever made.
    Last edited by leytonio; 10-10-2014 at 08:07 AM.
    -----

The atom is simultaneously the most inhuman destructive force in the universe and the most humane one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Spoilers would be awesome.
    Derp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm actually not sure how you do those... :p
    -----

The atom is simultaneously the most inhuman destructive force in the universe and the most humane one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bracket, the world Hide, equal sign (=), space, bracket. Your text. Bracket, slash (/), Hide, Bracket.

Should look like this

Spoiler:  
    Last edited by Reaper; 09-23-2014 at 12:44 PM.
    Derp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And done. Do you think I need to shorten the intro as well?
    -----

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes. Also I would recommend line spacing your intro. It's all lumped together and very hard to read.
    Derp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Woah, that was certainly a Loooooot to read xD
    Spoiler: Roleplay's I Keep:[/hide 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry, but I've split it up a bit. Sort of.

It was one of those things where you sit down and think: 'right, this'll be really simple', and then it gets bigger, and bigger, and bigger...
    -----

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah I saw ^^ It looks very interesting xD
    Spoiler: Roleplay's I Keep:[/hide 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll wait for someone else to make a CS before I make my own, I think.
    -----

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast