Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Swords and Shackles

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Swords and Shackles

A land, lost to the ages, ravaged by war, only the young survived. The children of the world are the lone survivors of a war. The reason for the fighting is long passed, only the pain of loss remains to fuel the fire. Every survivor old enough to wield a blade does. There are two sides, small factions of lost camps with only child soldiers desperately trying to survive. The Factions are

Fireflies- The good. they want an end to the fighting, and will keep try to resolve conflict without coming to blows. The live in the forests, trying to salvage what they can of the earth.

Hawks- The bad. They have a harsh code of conduct, not allowing any weak, sick, or injured. They live in the harsh terrain of the mountains. An easily defensible position; few people can traverse the treacherous peaks, covered in dangerous pitfalls, loose rocks, and rushing streams.

For a brief time, the fighting has ceased. Both sides are tired, but refusing to relent. Will you be a harbinger of peace or the conquering tyrant?

RULES

1) No power playing. Everyone has flaws.
    2) Keep cursing to a minimum. I don't mind it, but it shouldn't be every other word.
    3) Good grammar. I understand people are human, but lets try to keep it understandable.
    4) Make sure to discus violence before it happens IC. Either through private message or on the OC.
    5) Make posts worthwhile! About a paragraph when possible.
    6) HAVE FUN!

Character sheet. Copy and paste without parenthesis

Name:
    Personality:
    Appearance: (Pic and words)
    Background: (Why do you do the things you do?)
    Last edited by RoxyGoodwin; 10-21-2014 at 12:42 PM.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Elissa
    Faction: Hawk
    Personality: Tough. not afraid to do what needs to be done, but she may not always like it.
    Appearance:
    Slender figure. She always has sure footing across the dangerous landscape. She usually wears sweatshirts and jeans with rough leather boots.
    Background: She was raised in the mountains, and knows her way around almost perfectly. She has a strict view of how the world should work, and does what needs to be done, with little regard for the consequences.

The Froggiest
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)

Hello there, it looks like you’re off to an amazing start! Here are a few links that will help you get your game noticed! Have fun and happy RPing!

The Banner shop is a great place to ask someone to make a graphic for your RPotW submission!

The Roleplaying Games Directory is full of interesting roleplays, why not put yours there too!

Wanna know what's up with all the Staff Siggies?

The RPA Tribune is full of entertainment, why not submit your roleplay to be featured?

Good luck!!!

Medieval/ Historical/ Mafia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not sure what the setting of this is... is it middle ageish, or modern?
    Last edited by KnightsTemplar; 09-28-2014 at 08:13 AM.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

um.. yes. lol. think zombie apocalypse, but minus the zombies. The kids see things like TV's, light bulbs, cars, but they don't know what they are or how they work. They act middle age ish, using candles, they can only use middle age weapons though. The kind of things the eldest children have learned to forge and create. things like crude swords, simple bows and arrows, that kind of thing. hope that helped!

I'm open minded. Will try any type once.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quick question, do you have to start out in one of the factions? Not like a rouge per say but someone who at first is just in the middle of it all.

New Forum Person
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i dont know

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry, I've kind of been neglecting this, because of the lack of interest. Most people start in a faction, usually they were born into it, but one or two outsiders are bound to happen. So as an answer, yes, but not everyone can. I'll read your CS and decide.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am intrigued by the concept, hopefully more people become interested, and the story can start. Here is my character sheet, please let me know if there is anything you need me to change in order to better fit within your world.

Name: Gray

Faction: Hawks

Personality: Gray is extremely cunning and resourceful. He has a thirst for knowledge, and has read every book he has come across. He is usually alone, but he has declared for the Hawks and would fight for them if they needed. However, he prefers to be in the background, manipulating people and events, rather than directly taking a position of power. He is however capable of immense violence due to his past, and so he makes an excellent torturer.

Appearance: Gray is roughly five and half feet tall, and only a hundred-twenty pounds. He is slightly muscular from his lifestyle, but he by no means a physical threat. He is clad in is aged-black t-shirt and worn blue jeans. He as simple leather armor covering these clothes, they provide moderate protection while allowing him to use his speed. Woven into his armor and clothes are several knives of varying shapes and sizes.

Background: Gray grew up with his younger sister, Silver, in the Hawks life was take from or get taken from, so Gray protected and provided for his sister and himself. The Hawks way of life also means creating enemies, and Gray had plenty. He was always more intelligent and faster than those who tried to fight him, and in the end this allowed him to walk away from a fight victorious. Until, a group of his enemies kidnapped, abused, and murdered his sister in order to beat him. Silver’s death changed something in Gray, he lost part of himself, gave in to a darkness in his heart, and the people who killed his sister screamed mercilessly before he killed them.

Last edited by AvernusOfHades; 10-17-2014 at 07:48 PM.
    "Nothing marks a man’s character better than his attraction to intelligence." Terry Goodkind (Prelate Annalina), Soul of the Fire

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That sounds great, but if you could throw in a picture with your physical description it would be perfect! If you can't find a picture that's okay, i just find it helps people when they can get a quick look at a person instead of having to read a whole paragraph.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast