Page 1 of 29 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] The Sanctuary Network

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default [M] The Sanctuary Network

This Role-play is rated Mature due to sexual content, language, violence, blood and gore, drug and alcohol usage and so on. Also this is an failed rp that was started a while back by fae_girl. She gave me permission and here we are.

Welcome, new agents and super naturals to the Sanctuary. This is the most secret location on Earth, hidden in plain sight of the public. Thankfully, no one tends to look twice at a large estate in the suburbs of the Pacific Northwest, so here; the Sanctuary can operate freely without fear of discovery. So what is the Sanctuary you ask, well the Sanctuary is a refuge, a place where anyone who is different, or considered “supernatural," can come to live in safety. Over the years, super naturals have been hunted down as monsters by torch-wielding mobs, or burned at the stake as witches. Of course, some super naturals may actually BE witches, but that is far from the point. Humanity is not ready to learn about super naturals, but supernatural creatures nevertheless have the right to live, and to be understood. Here, they can have those rights. The Sanctuary's small elite teams of scientists along with the other members of the Five are led by Sanctuary founder Dr. Nora Gainsborough. This group has made it their life's mission to study supernatural traits and rehabilitate super naturals who do not understand their abilities.

Be warned, not all super naturals are friendly, shelter-seeking victims. Some of the most dangerous killers and monsters of myth are these very creatures. That is where you come in. Peaceful super naturals who do not understand their abilities, must be rehabilitated and perhaps made ready for life outside these walls. Hostile super naturals, on the other hand, must be found and captured in order to keep the public safe, which is why our field agents like you carry guns. An important part of an agent's job is to capture hostile or dangerous super naturals; ones that we know nothing about except for what local or historical legends say about them. This is a dangerous task not only because of the nature of the creatures, but because the Sanctuary is not the only group looking to find or capture these beings. However, with the danger come a lifetime of adventures and a window into a world very few have ever seen. So there is only one question I have for you…Shall we begin?

A Brief History of Super naturals and the Sanctuary

If you think that super naturals have been timidly hiding in the background of a glorious, human-dominated history, think again. Super naturals and humans have been building civilization together through a complicated and constantly evolving relationship. The Sanctuary is not only a place for new super naturals to find refuge; it is also a place that preserves the super natural's rich cultural history. It is a history that should be remembered, as forgetting it has led to the fall of man several times already. Not much truth about super natural's history is known before this age because of what ensued after it. But this time, culminating in the Pax Romana era, was the height of super naturals culture in mainstream history. Vampires, some of the most powerful super naturals there are, used their ancient wisdom, experience, and collective knowledge to ameliorate human society.

Vampires became the emperors of Rome, and these romantic beings brought about an age of peace, ruled by Roman artists, poets, architects, and storytellers. Vampires of this time believed in the potential of human beings, and for a time, both human and Abnormal openly worked together to build a bold future. Unfortunately, the nature of humans can change very fast. However, while humans can be amazing thinkers, builders, and artists, they can also be skittish, fearful, and illogically destructive.
    Despite the period of peace and prosperity brought by the cooperation between humans and super naturals, humanity eventually grew afraid of the powerful beings that held so much power in their society. Humans began a great purge of super naturals. This lead to the Dark Ages for both the humans and for the super naturals they hunted. The remaining Vampires escaped to the Himalayas.

There, using the knowledge they had retained for centuries, they built small city, where they kept their culture, their sciences, and their history. Unfortunately, though, this small group of survivors did not manage to last long enough to bring their race back from the brink. By the 1800's, almost nothing was known about super naturals, and there was no official institution tasked with bridging the gap between standard humans and super naturals.The only groups that expressed any interest in creatures or people with strange powers were forces of intolerance, interested in burning anyone who dared to be different. Then, in the mid-nineteenth century, a British scientist named Dr. Jonathon Gainsborough laid the groundwork for change. He began studying super naturals and taking on the taboo issue as his passion, even though this alienated his colleagues and the rest of his scientific community.

Nevertheless, he made amazing discoveries, learning about the potential super natural's abilities waiting to be unleashed even in our own genetics. He even managed to work with the last large group of super naturals in Himalayas. His limited, hidden work space in England was, however, forced to resemble more of an experimental laboratory than any sanctuary. It wasn't until after Jonathon introduced his daughter to his research that things started to radically change. Jonathon's daughter, Nora, carried on her father's research into super naturals. She collected four bold colleagues willing to push the limits of acceptable research with her, and this group became known as The Five. But The Five did not just study super naturals; they took their research to the next step, using something Nora had access to because of her father: a rare sample of Pure Vampire blood.

The Five did something radical with the blood to understand the world they loved: They turned themselves into super naturals. Each was injected with the rare blood, and the blood gave them amazing super natural's powers. Only one of The Five became a typical vampire as we know it today. The rest gained powers that you could only read about in books. Just as progress for super naturals began again, the movement collapsed for several tragic reasons. The city The Five counted on for Abnormal research, Himalayas, was about to be destroyed. By the beginning of the 20th century, in the time of European turmoil, and at the height of human paranoia that led to World War I, the combined military forces of Russia, France, and Spain were brought to bear in Himalayas, where they spent days bombarding the last city of Vampires until it was no more. Deciding it was for the best the group decided to separate and never speak of the matter again. Century's later in the Pacific Northwest territory of the USA, Nora created her new home, which became known as the Sanctuary.

Here, five of the last powerful super naturals on earth would invite all other super naturals to come and live in peace. Here, any super naturals could be rehabilitated, and could learn about themselves, and come to terms with their abilities. Here, any dangerous Abnormal would be brought to be kept safely under lock and key, away from potential victims. For many years, Nora worked in relative peace this way, traveling the world and finding super naturals who needed a refuge from humanity. Of course, there's nothing peaceful about monster hunting, but the routine of that type of work was peaceful compared to the battle that was quite literally about to land in her yard. In the autumn of 2008, Nora realized she needed more help and went on search for more liked minded people. However, unknown to her a group known as the Cabal was working on abnormal as well, but their ideas are more violent.

Spoiler: Rules 

Spoiler: Sanctuary Team Information 

Spoiler: Cabal Information 

Spoiler: Accepted C. Sheets 

Spoiler: Information needed 
    Last edited by dark_rain; 10-04-2014 at 02:02 PM.

Between the cobalt sky and the sapphire sea
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Romance, General
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very interesting. Hoping to post a CS soon.

Fantasy, Scifi, futuristic, superpowers, some romance, just about anything if it has a good story
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

As am I. I will start working on a CS when I get home.

The Froggiest
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)

Hello there, it looks like you’re off to an amazing start! Here are a few links that will help you get your game noticed! Have fun and happy RPing!

The Banner shop is a great place to ask someone to make a graphic for your RPotW submission!

The Roleplaying Games Directory is full of interesting roleplays, why not put yours there too!

Wanna know what's up with all the Staff Siggies?

The RPA Tribune is full of entertainment, why not submit your roleplay to be featured?

Good luck!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can't wait to read them...

and thanks Frog Princess for the advice.

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Don't have too many players, otherwise this can easily die. It might be best to NPC most if the five and cabal agents.

I'll be watching this RP. If the player base keeps small, I'll join
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@Minkasha... yeah i'm letting people pick their places and what isn't filled is going to be NPC. Awe come on you know you wanna join this craziness.

I Forgot My Title....
    Medieval Fantasy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Humm.....*mulls over in head*

I want to see if this garners any support and some friendly faces first. We get rolling, then you've got me onboard. Too many RPs I've been a part of have died way too quickly....
    Karma is the best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interested

Giga Onion
    Give me an Idea and I'll see what I can do
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

[]Slams my hands down on a metaphorical table []

Dark Rain.. You have out-done yourself and I love the story...

You have my interest! If my time isn't soaked up, I will squeeze a CS in as soon as I can!

Is it possible to control more than one character at a time?
    Last edited by Dire Hoef; 09-29-2014 at 05:25 PM.

Page 1 of 29 123 ... LastLast