Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 111213

Thread: DragonsBane IC (science-fantasy) (PG-13)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy and Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

"He did something foolish," Ruka answered. "He may still be alive, but for how long, I don't know." Ruka's eyes were dryer than they had been, but there was still evidence of tears on her face. Her heart was like raw meat at this point. She had experienced such joy, sorrow, fear and loss just in the last several days that she had to be hard now just to keep going. Breathe. Step. Exhale. Step. Nothing you could have done. Step. "It should have been me, but he was just too stubborn. This will be the second time he has died for me, and I wonder what could possibly be worth it." There was no emotion in her voice. She had none left. Like a once wet rag wrung out and left in the summer sun.

Who were these Halfbloods? She didn't have the energy to care. "Just tell us what we are supposed to do."

Lea looked at Ruka with concern. She had not rested since she had been tortured yesterday. They had all had a difficult time. She still didn't know what was going on, but until Ruka got a chance to straighten herself out, she might have to step in as the adult. She still wasn't used to speaking to strangers, let alone Halfbloods, but there did not seem to be much choice. "He collapsed the tunnel up there and started fighting off guards. You look strong, and maybe you can take them, but he may already be dead, and you would have to dig to find out. None of us know how to fight, and some of us have been days without sleep."

Ruka nodded weakly. "Do what seems right to you. At this point, I would do anything." Or nothing, she added silently. I could just lay down and die right here, if these children did not rely on me.

Mikal was still shaken from the revelation that he no longer had a home. Now someone else he knew was probably dead. If not for the fact that he was too busy trying to figure out what was going on and who was in charge, he would probably be in worse shape than his "mother".

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Gaia had seen the expression on Ruka's face, like everything she had, died. Walking up close to her, face to face. She said nothing, only to embrace her in a hug and held her close. "What ever you had lost, you need to come back to reality, yes we've lost many things behind, but we must move forward as well, I can only imagine the pain you are going through right now, but now is not the time to mourn, we can do that later." Gaia turned her head to Sevlen, whom nodded his head.

"Come, we have a horses you can ride, and we can guide you to safe haven without any of the Dragons sniffing our trail." Selven looked down to the little boy whom seemed more shaken then ever. "Hey, kid, have you ever rode on a horse?" Sevlen tried his best to calm the child, to make him feel more ease then being nervous.

"He has to learn." A voiced called out from the tunnel, Baruko came walking out holding on to his neck, as though he tried to pop a nerve. He was covered in blood, some of it was his own, but the rest was the guards who tempted to hunt them down. "And he will be the best rider." Baruko smiled.

Fantasy and Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

"Is it possible that horses can make it across the swamp? Or will we be going a different direction?" Ruka asked. Part of the"orientation" for slaves and prisoners entering Rising City was the warning against attempted escape. If the guards don't get you, the poisonous air and water of Cursed Earth would. These two would have no problem. Halfbloods were said to be immune, but the humans were as vulnerable as any group of humans could be. Maybe the effects were overstated. Maybe there really was nothing dangerous about it at all, just a story to confuse humans and make them more afraid.

As she was trying to anticipate the plan of escape, she heard a familiar voice. Only her head turned. She half expected it to be a guard who had somehow gotten past Baruko's barricade. It was him, though. He was alive, somehow, but hurt. If what he was holding was a wound on his neck, he may not be alive for long without help. She hurried to his side, but she didn't have a smile for him. Not yet. Her brow was furrowed in anticipation of what she might have to do if he were seriously injured. As she was running, she ripped strips off of her skirt to use for bandages. Yes, it looked like his throat had been cut, but not deeply. Even so, too much blood loss could cause shock, and a cut to the neck could kill, even without an artery being struck. He did have several wounds, but few of them were bleeding seriously. She shook her head once she realized that she could not even reach his neck, and so the serious moment of her attempting to rush to his rescue turned almost comedic as she stood in front of him and offered the scraps of cloth meekly. She turned her head, refusing to meet his eyes. "You are unbelievable." She didn't know whether to slap him or kiss him, so she just walked away. "You can do everything else by yourself, so I assume you know what to do with those." She smiled in spite of herself when he couldn't see. She didn't want to be cruel to him, but she did not want to seem too eager either. "I'm glad you're alive."

Mikal's reaction could not have been more opposite Ruka's. Seeing a friend, he ran up to him and clamped his arms around Baruko's leg, giggling with joy. "You're okay!" He suddenly seemed to notice all of the blood, though, and backed away. "Sorry! Did I hurt you? You are gonna be okay, right? Don't run away anymore, okay? You made Ruka cry." That was something he always used to say to Satchel. Don't run away again, you'll make Ruka cry.

Mikal's candor made Ruka blush, though she didn't know why. She was still angry with Baruko. He was strong, yes, but incredibly lucky to have survived his encounter with the guards and made it back to them. She knew she would not have been so lucky, but still... Maybe it was just the fact that Selven and Gaia didn't know, and it would be too awkward to explain to them. She thought about the way he had kissed her right before collapsing the tunnel ceiling. Was that meant as a goodbye, or simply to distract her so she couldn't stop him?

"We have to keep moving. We don't have time for silly emotions right now." Despite her attempts to remain firm, she was still tired. Two days now without sleep. But she could keep going for another day now, if she had to. "Oh, and one of you had better teach me how to fight at some point. If we are ambushed again, I would rather be able to fight my own battles." She looked pointedly at Baruko.

Lea kept quiet, though she had an ironic smile on her face.

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Refugee Hidden Camp

Hecton looked at the boy with a curious look on his face, he never met a human child before who asked so many questions. He tilted his head as he tried his best to give the best answers he could give. He looked around and noticed everyone were still doing their business and ignored the Half Blood completely. Though it did not bother him one bit, it took him a few years to get adjusted to the human life civilization. He looked to the boy and smiled, "A little over two thousand I believe, and no, Thane did not created this place, it was found like this." He takes in a deep breath, "I don't know who built this place, either human civilization has caused such a thing, or Dragons who rebelled did this or not." He closed his eyes, crossed his arms and leans again'st a tree. "My sister is somewhere, hopefully she will be back soon."

Noscales Village

Hyton shot down the last Half Blood that chased her and the survivors. Rushing to safety, and away from the slaughter, Hyton followed the group and yelled orders to the terrified peasants. "Hurry to the woods! Hide in the forest!" Screaming the top of her lungs, keeping her bow close, but her hand to her quiver with arrows closer. The adrenaline ran in her body quickly. Hearing the sounds of humans screaming, crying and harsh breathing.

Fantasy and Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Several days later...

Satchel had stayed very close to Hecton, asking him questions whenever Computer said something that he didn't understand, which was often. He missed Ruka and the others, and Thane although he knew he would never come back. But there were children here, and many of them were just as curious about him as he was of them. He kind of wandered from place to place, not really belonging anywhere but not rejected, either. He found ways of helping out and was fed in return. At night he turned on Computer and learned what he could. It was disturbing. He could say that now because he knew what the word meant. Everywhere should be like this place - he still hadn't figured out if it had a name. Ruka and the others should be here. Nobody would tell him if they knew what was going on back home. What was clear was that there was no way he could leave by himself. So he stayed near Hecton as he waited for his sister to arrive.

Fantasy and Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Several days later...

Satchel had stayed very close to Hecton, asking him questions whenever Computer said something that he didn't understand, which was often. He missed Ruka and the others, and Thane although he knew he would never come back. But there were children here, and many of them were just as curious about him as he was of them. He kind of wandered from place to place, not really belonging anywhere but not rejected, either. He found ways of helping out and was fed in return. At night he turned on Computer and learned what he could. It was disturbing. He could say that now because he knew what the word meant. Everywhere should be like this place - he still hadn't figured out if it had a name. Ruka and the others should be here. Nobody would tell him if they knew what was going on back home. What was clear was that there was no way he could leave by himself. So he stayed near Hecton as he waited for his sister to arrive.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 111213