Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DragonsBane IC (science-fantasy) (PG-13)

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Rising City...

Baruko was standing out on a balcony, looking over the view of where all the human workers were forced to gather materials in a heat zone. He gives a big heavy sigh as he watched and wiped the sweat from his brow, usually he never let the heat bother him, but he couldn't help it. As he stood watched, he saw one of the humans collapse and fall on the ground, one of the half bloods walked over while one of the human friends was trying to get him back up. The half blood pulled out a whip and started lashing, commanding them to back away and order the one on the ground to get back up.

When the human raised his hand, the half blood lashed his whip, striking the down human. Baruko watched for a bit, feeling a little amused. After while of hearing the sound of cracks and whips, Baruko shouts from the balcony. The half blood stops and bows to him. Baruko watched as the humans' friends helped him back up and returned him to one of the small huts. He hears the doors open and one of the captains walked in, another half blood. Baruko turned around and greeted him. "Captain Von' Nice to see you." The captain bows, "As you....Baruko."

Baruko takes a seat at his desk table and waited for him to seat, but the captain preferred to stand. "One of the full blood dragons have asked, why did you stopped the beating that human deserved?" The captain asked as he looked out towards the balcony, Baruko gives a small sigh, "Because we need every able body that can gather and search for the materials we need back home." Standing up from his chair, and walked over to the balcony, "As much as I like to see these dirty humans get the beating they well deserve, but I can't have them dead on my door step, while all the souls in Noscales play nice and don't get thrown into prison."

They both walked out on the balcony, "I heard the prison is being over-flown from run away's and those who refused to be branded." The captain said, "I heard that too, pry to our Lord...that he will send them this way, we need fresh blood here anyways, I got too many old...weak...and pretty much....dead." He turned to the captain, "If you send a letter to our Lord, I am sure he will send them." The captain gives a small bow, "As you wish." The captain leaves the room, leaving Baruko by himself once again. He looked out towards the view, "I sure hope he does."

He could hear the sounds of the pick axes hitting the ground and rock, men and children digging, searching for the materials to send home and give themselves a belly of food for a days work, though it was not much. He continued to observe the workers who looked very tired as the mining area worked both day and night. The dragons found it very pleasurable to see them work like animals. He could hear some of the laugh as they watched.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Grok quickly shook Skaval after putting two and two together that the help he needed could get them out of there. "Grok yes help," he then started pushing him away and to the other side of a building. He waved to Ruka and Flaiine saying "leave for help!" This was probably one of the most sensible and smart things Grok had ever done, aside from listening to what a dragon told him to do. He thought about why Ruka would ever want to pick up a dragon, it seemed like a most unwise thing to do. Then again, he was not a wise man himself so for all he knew that was what she was supposed to do. He still wasn't going to stick around to find out.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy and Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Rising City

A flash of gold drifts across the autumn sky, too swift to be a cloud. And another behind it, catching the light of the sun and reflecting it to become more brilliant than the first. They are easily recognizable even at this distance as King Tulkalas and Queen Nessarya. Some of the humans halt what they are doing to look up, even knowing they will face lashing for it. It has always been an awe-inspiring spectacle to watch the two fly together. But there is dread in the hearts of those who cannot look away. If they are here, they will want a show. When the King and Queen wish to be entertained, it usually involves much bloodshed. And even here, the rumors of Kyrvallas being dethroned have been whispered. He will be in an ill mood. The King of Dragons in an ill mood and seeking entertainment is indeed a dreadful combination.

Rushing to greet them in their usual landing place is Yvanna, leader of the Champions and champion of the Arena. She could not be more cheered by her "father's" arrival. Few Halfbloods dare to call him that, even to themselves, but she is a prized toy, and never fails to make him happy. If she had to kill a thousand in the arena, she would do it with a smile upon her face. But there were times when she wondered if he was beginning to get tired of her. His presence here meant surely he would want her to perform for him, however, and that filled her with pride.

"Great and Glorious Golden King, and Most Marvelous Mirrored Maiden, we the Champions welcome thee," she said in unison with three others. She could barely keep herself from smirking at Nessarya's facial expression in reaction to the latter. It was Yvanna's idea to greet the two a different way each time they came, and she made a point of making Nessarya's welcome sound almost like an insult every time. Maiden implied not only that she had never been with a male, but also that she was too fair to bare hatchlings. Nessarya gave Yvanna a death-curse glare, but said nothing to call attention to the slight. If the king noticed, he said nothing of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Flaiinne Kyrvallas

She sat on the ground looking rather dizzy for quite a while even when a human spoke to her, she was seeing bells around he head and just about two of everything. "Its....riiiiiiinggginnnnn" she whimpered slightly and shook hear head to clear it before glancing to the human. "No, I'm not okay... I'm terrible un-okay... I'm wet, Muddy... Tomatonized, Annd hurt... All hurt, all over hurt... "she whined in a childish way that made it more or less obvious that it was whining. She groaned slightly as she shook her feet slightly to try to get the wet mud of her but it didn't really help at all. "Looksie... My tosies hurt... my wings hurt, my head hurt and even my horn hurt... all hurt all over" she followed her whining up and groaned slightly. She looked up at the human whom paid attention to her
    Spoiler: Roleplay's I Keep:[/hide 

Fantasy and Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Ruka carefully kept the smile in her eyes from moving to her mouth. There was nothing funnier than a young dragon in a tantrum. Of course, the little one's parents would not find it very funny, and that thought sobered her up rather quickly. She knew enough about dragons to be able to be of some help, but also enough to know that if she did not tread carefully she could be on the dinner table tonight.

"I'm so sorry you are hurt. Just sit still a little while and some of the pain will go away, alright? Then we will go find your parents and get you back home. Now, why don't we start at the beginning? What is your name, young mistress, and why are you all by yourself so late in the evening?" She used the unique tone, a blend of comfort and subtle urging, that she had developed working so long with children.

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Rising City...

When Baruko spotted the King and Queen flying above the sky and to their usual landing area, he looked down and noticed the laborers and prisoners stopped to gaze. Baruko simply waved his hand and then the lashing has begun, ordering everyone back to work. Baruko looked up at the sky again and wondered to himself, why now? He turned back to the office and simply grabbed a few letters, and then the Captain re-entered the office again, "I guess there is no need to send a letter?" He stated with a questioned look on his face. Baruko gives a sigh and looks at the Captain, "Did you know anything about this?" He asked, the Captain shook his head, "Nothing of I know of." He replied.

Baruko left his office with the Captain following him, "Then let us see what brings the King and Queen to our wonderful city." He says, making his way towards the landing zone area. "I'm more curious if they came here just to see blood shed?" The Captain made another inquiry and Baruko stopped in his steps, and looked at the Captain, "I had forgotten she is here..." Baruko was in shock. The Captain smiled, "Yvanna is reigning Champion sir, and if she is here, then the King and Queen will demand quite a show." Baruko gives a look, "Damn, and most of the humans we have are either weak or pretty much dead...what do we have left that can fight the Champion herself?" He asked. The Captain pondered a moment, "Maybe....a Half Blood?" He joked, "You know better then to say that." Baruko stated back.

They both arrived to the doors to the landing zone area for the King and Queen, they could hear the Champion greeting them. Baruko sighs and walked through the door, and waited by the side until the Champion herself had finished the introduction, it was quiet for a while, still Baruko says nothing as he stands watch, observing the Champion, and the King and Queen. The Captain whispers to Baruko, "You think she ought to lower her self esteem..." Baruko silences him right away, "Quiet yourself, something negative to the Champion is pretty much a death sentence...you know that as well." Baruko looked at the Captain, "I'm just saying is all." The Captain smirked.

Noscales...

Fenix continued to shop around for the food, and other ingredients until she heard the bell ring so loud of all a sudden, she quickly walks towards the church again and seen a baby dragon on the ground and was surrounded by other humans, she walks over slowly as they begun to introduce each other. Fenix kneels next to them, "Um...I know I am not suppose to give this but..." She offers a spice fruit, and shows it the baby dragon, "This should help..." She smiled, but also afraid as well.

Whatever captures and holds my attention.
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

"Alright, my axe broke. I've got to ask you to go drag the tree I just cut down a little closer to town while..." Skaval took a deep breath, almost choking on the words, "While I go ask for enough scales to buy a new one..." Someone died, dragon in town, and now I have to go ask Seres for scales. Feels like somebody is trying to tell me something... He thought. The trip seemed as though it would be uneventful, but Skaval heard the faint sound of earth being moved. "You and Jeff hear that..? I don't think there should be anybody out here right now. I'm going to go check it out, you want to come? My day is only going to get worse anyway." He said.

Set by Karma

Fantasy and Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Rising City...

The queen tilted her head to whisper something into the king's ear, but he slapped her with a clawed hand and she shrank back, looking more hurt than she actually was.

"Leave off of me, you cat. It is no business of yours. Get out of my sight!"

Head held high, the queen stalked away, rumbling in her throat as if she were on the verge of turning and spitting fire back at him, but she didn't.

The king growled back at her, though by then she was too far away to hear him. He surveyed those around him, and then stood at his full regal height. "You three, prepare for me some young tender meat and four gallons of mead. I am starving after so far a flight. Yvanna, go and prepare the games for tomorrow. I want to see something that I have never seen before. All others, await my orders in the War Room." He gazed at Baruko and Captain Von' intently, letting them know that they were to stay without saying so. He waited until everyone else had gone.

"I can tell by your body language, Baruko, that you have something to say to me. But first, Captain, tell me the status of your workers."

Woods near Noscales...

Thane knew better than to retrace his steps when he made his way to the sanctuary, but he knew the forest so well that he didn't have to. No one would look twice at a bramble thicket, since they were so common. No, it would take a trained eye to spot that the hedge of thorns had not grown that way naturally. He stopped in front of it and scanned the area to be sure they had not been followed. His sense of smell wasn't as it used to be, but his hearing and sight were still keen. Thane wished that the young boy knew how to hide his steps, but if they were quick he could easily cover them himself on the way back. "You swear on Dinah's memory that you will tell no one." It wasn't a question.

"I-I won't tell nobody, promise!"

The boy was so eager to see what was behind the hedge that scarcely had Thane made a motion with his arm than the boy plunged into it careless of the scratching thorns.

Thane came by a much easier route, stood a moment to shake his head in disgust, and then moved on. "I was about to show you the right way to go through. You need to learn patience." Satchel said nothing, but was busily digging thorns out of his arms and shaking them out of his hair as he followed closely behind.
    Last edited by Eldora; 11-03-2014 at 07:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Grok nodded at Skaval's first request without blinking an eye, he even pounded his fist into the palm of his hand to signify his eagerness. However, he was quite a bit less enthusiastic about going to see what was making this sound that Skaval was hearing. What if it was a dragon? Grok didn't exactly want to go from one dragon to the next which would probably be much bigger. But Skaval was one of the few people who was decent to him, even going as far as to refer to Jeff as Jeff and not 'that stick in his hair' and he would like to keep it at that. "I go with you, yes".

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Rising City...

The Captain had a worried look on his face, and stared at Baruko, who nodded to him. The Captain steps forward and bows to the King. "My Lord...the...workers are giving all they got in the mines, pulling every resource they can find." He said with a smile and tried his best to be calm. "The punishment on these workers have increased due to lack of...er....numbers." He felt like he said that in a mistaken way. The Captain gives another bow, "Other then that, my Lord, the workers are giving all their got." He backs up a little, letting Baruko step in.

Baruko steps forward with his eyes closed and gives a bow, then slowly stands back up. "My Lord, despite of what Captain Vons' report is, half of it is accurate." He clears his throat, "The miners are digging in excellent areas, but their numbers are dwindling." He steps to his side, "The humans are great in labor however, but...most of our workers are either old...or too weak." He gives a small gulp. "What I request from you my Lord...is an additional workers to be forced in the mines...I have heard of the Guard Dungeons' are being filled to the top...and if it were possible...to send those delinquents to us and we'll see of what..."Proper" punishment that they deserve." He slowly bows down, "If you accept that is, my Lord." As he kept his head down, he also kept his eyes closed, he could feel a little shaken in his arms, normally he never gets the chance to greet and meet the King himself, until now, he feels more frightened then he ever was.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast