Thread: [M] Pieces Of Silver: For better or worse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default [M] Pieces Of Silver: For better or worse

Hello there. Just a short intro before getting right down to the crux of things. I am very new to this site so I expect most people to be skeptical of my writing skill and general competence and you're right to be. Compared to most I am fairly knew at role-playing in general and except for a few friends and friends-of-friends do not have much experience but I can learn as we go if you are willing to indulge my mistakes and give a little constructive criticism where it is needed. This but this RP is (hopefully) going to be part of a sort of series with this being the 'origin' story and then two more following. I don't expect all or even most characters to hop from one RP to another I'm just setting the stage. So that being said an without further ado.... welcome to Pieces Of Silver.

Six hundred and sixty six years thirty demons were titled Hell's Agents and they were tasked to retrieve souls for the Prince Of Darkness and they were good at there job. Very good. Thousands fell to their seductive or violent methods and Satan ruled fat and happy in his fortress of fire and brimstone. Six hundred and sixty six years ago to the day it all changed. Without explanation The Devil turned all of his agents into silver pieces and used them to barter for a final soul. One that would was simply to tempting to resist. The demon's that had once been near godlike in their power were reduced to mere pieces of metal to be used for bartering however over the years their form changed with currency so they were never taken out of circulation for a moment and all that time they were helpless and could simply watch and wait for their time to come again an they extract revenge on the master they had once served. Now their time has come. The power that has kept them trapped has started to fade and with it their forms became their own again however after so long trapped as coins they could do naught but shift to their original curse of a silver coin and they stayed as such in the hopes that it would make them more enticing for humans. Once they were in the possession of a human they could begin their take over of his mind and body and slowly rebuild to extract their vengeance.

Your character comes in after having found one of these strange silver coins and picked it up. Once it touched their skin they were already doomed and the demon started to subtly take over them. So vague they didn't even notice it but they did notice the perks. People with the coins have are somewhat more superhuman than most. They can take far more physical punishment and are faster, smarter and stronger than average as well as other supernatural powers that they may have gotten from the demon. Your char will occasionally feel an urge to others with a coin and hear voices guiding them but other than that their will is completely their own so whether they use their powers to help people or hurt them or just make their life easier is up to you.

The driving plot of this particular RP will be developing their powers and becoming more powerful as well as them fighting Lucifer's right hand demon, Lilith.

I guess that's all I can say for now. Obviously I don't expect to have thirty people join this RP before I get it started and if people want to join later then that's fine. I'm sure that during the time some if not most of the coins were hopelessly lost and are no longer recoverable so it won't matter if we only have a few people. Alright well that's it from me. Here is a CS that you can fiddle with:

[Hide=CS]
    Name:
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    History:
    Power:(No ultimate control or anything. Powers are a little more specific that "Can control fire." It could be something more like "Can cause objects to ignite" or "Can manipulate the movements of fire" or "Can extinguish fire" but a character couldn't be able to create it, expand on it and then manipulate it. I'll let you know if your powers are a bit to vague but basically we need to know the limitation and 'feel' of your power)

Alright I think is really it. Phew finally. Now to see if anyone actually wants to be a part of the bloody thing.

That one Reaper Guy
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Mostly everything, I suppose
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Howdy Yahtzee! Looks like a great RP! Why not make it greater?! Here are some links that can help with that.

Take a look at the Roleplay of the Week thread!

If you need a banner for a submission, then check out the Banner Shop!

You can also look at the Roleplaying Games Directory to advertise your RP.

You can even ask the staff to advertise it!

And to round it all up, let your RP be advertised in the RPA Tribune!
    Thanks to Karma for the Avatar and Signature

Fantasy, Life, anime based, Historic
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

You had me at "bloody thing" my good man. I havent been on the site for a while so I might be a bit rusty. Quick question, do you mind if I use an animated image for the appearance? And how long do you want the history to be?

Thanks Hayabusa
    "Do not cry because it's over, smile because it happened." Dr. Seuss
    What I tell myself when a good anime ends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alright to answer your questions in a particular order "sure, go nuts" and "that's up to you but probably a paragraph or so."

Fantasy romance, fantasy, hell just any.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like this could be interesting. Ill start drawing up a character sheet and shall have it to you soon if you dont mind?
    Dying, dying is easy. In Death you find peace.
    Now Living, living is hard. There is no peace, only torture.

Spoiler: Enjoy Horror? 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sounds awesome! Can't wait