Page 1 of 41 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Of Shadows and Saviours (OOC) - A Fantasy/Adventure (M)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    any world but this one.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Of Shadows and Saviours (OOC) - A Fantasy/Adventure (M)

NOW THE STORY BEGINS!

IC- Press here

BY DECLARATION OF THE EMPIRE!
    It has come to the attention of the ruling council, that the Castle of Greywall is in need
    of assistance. As the Empire and her Kingdoms have been charged with protecting those
    of our citizens in these tumultuous times, we cannot afford to send our forces to aid with
    such a distant trouble without any further information regarding the loss of our valued
    trading posts to the far East of our Great Empire.

Henceforth, we call upon those brave and daring adventurers and mercenaries, to venture
    forth on the Grand Councils behalf, and aid Castle Greywall in resolving this matter with
    haste and diplomacy. Upon completion of this bounty, and the seal of approval granted by
    a Lord of Castle Greywall, each pioneer will receive a ransom of 5000 gold marks,
    and up to 100 acres of fertile land in any Kingdom they desire.

Take heed, Adventurers! These are dangerous times!

This bounty has signed and approved for distribution by decree of the Grand Empirical Council

Spoiler: The Rules 

Spoiler: The Setting 

Spoiler: Characters so far 
    Last edited by Cannablazem; 01-12-2015 at 04:08 PM. Reason: adding the intro and rules

any world but this one.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Character Sheet - Orion

orionwarrior2.jpg

Name: Orion - The Lost Warrior
    Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 180lbs
    Hair: Silver White
    Eyes: Aqua Green
    Race: Humanoid

Traits and Personality: Orion is a well-known, yet enigmatic figure. While most of his time is spent traveling alone, most people have heard of him, or legends about him. His unnaturally bright hair and eyes make him quite recognizable, so he rarely visits large cities. A usually distant look in his eyes betrays the inner sadness and turmoil, though he usually tries to be cheerful and kind to the people around him. He travels often, and dresses for utility, rather than for battle or show. Simple traveling apparel, a drab cloak, and light leather armor. He is not quick to anger, or any strong emotional reaction. Quiet and reserved, he is content to stay out of the general bustle and interaction of society, until he is needed or called upon. His past has ensured many enemies, and very few friends. To those few that Orion calls "Friend", his loyalty is immeasurable and unwavering. He can be stubborn and practical to a fault, though, his straightforward thinking and razor sharp focus sometimes blinding him to alternative ideas or points of view. He struggles to be open-minded and often misses anything less than obvious.

Weapons and Magic: Orion carries with him a mysterious, shape-shifting sword. The enchantments on the blade and hilt are so numerous and ancient, the Kingdom's Archsage couldn't begin to decipher its potential abilities and dangers. Besides the ability to shape-shift according to the will of its wielder, the most obvious characteristics of this sword are not being able to be sheathed, and taking a heavy toll when wielded.

Bio: Orion doesn't truly know his heritage. He was raised in the southern plains by a peaceful, nomadic tribe, known as the Cloud Chasers. His younger years were spent in the simple life's routine of following the migratory paths of various avian species, and kept a close bond with his surrogate father, Konis the One-Winged, a crippled elder of his tribe. Konis would tell him little about how he found Orion, or how he lost his arm, saving him from a strange beast. Only that he was a special little hatchling from a far away nest.
    Misfortune fell around his 14th birthday, as his whole tribe, and many others were forcibly adopted by a kingdom of the ruling Empire for the Human race. Drafted into this kingdoms army, Orion adapted many of his skills of survival into fighting prowess, surpassing all of the other recruits and some of the masters in just a couple years. He was quickly placed in the Kingdoms most advanced and effective scouting units, where he was met with a terrible disaster that changed everything. During routine sweep of a newly discovered tomb, his unit found an ancient, cursed relic. To this day, Orion blames himself for the death of the young men and women that were with him, for he awoke outside the tomb, covered in their blood and a powerful sword clutched tightly in his hand. Strange voices whispering in his mind.
    Succumbing to the confusion, guilt, and pain, he gave himself wholly to the fury and rage of battle. Wherever the Empire sent him, the battles were decisive and brutal beyond belief, Orion's sword, cleaving the way to victory. With a growing reputation, and increasing skill with the blade, Orion became a tool that many kingdoms sought to use. While this turned out to be very lucrative, his face-to-face dealings with power-hungry and treacherous royalty, began to make Orion quite resentful of the whole thing. So he left the warpath, and began searching for answers. His heritage, the strange cursed weapon, and the forces that ruled his fate... he is no longer content to battle with enemies, when the greatest struggle he faces is within himself.
    Last edited by Cannablazem; 10-24-2014 at 08:27 AM.

The Froggiest
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)

Hello, I know you asked for some tips for your roleplay and here are a few links that will help get your game noticed! Have fun and happy RPing!

And if you need any graphics for your Roleplay of the Week submission, the Banner shop is a great place to go for them!

The Roleplaying Games Directory is also a nifty place to advertise your thread!

Wanna know a secret? Staff Siggies are pretty cool too!

Extra, extra, read all about it! Show off your stuff with the RPA Tribune!

Good luck!!!

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

This sounds interesting, but I'd just like to know some stuff first if that's ok?

Is this RP gonna be mainly combat kinda based? Or is it a decent mixture between story and fighting.

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

any world but this one.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

its gonna be a pretty even mix. im a detailed writer, and while battle is fun, it's rather pointless without a story, IMO. i try to cater to both sides of interest however, and if people are antsy, i have random event lines ready to be mixed into the story that shouldn't take away from the story.

dont hesitate to ask if theres anything else you want to know. i also just posted a brief setting to the story.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Awesome I'll get a CS up now then

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Name: Adelaida, Adie for short. Though she only allows friends to call her that. The people of the world have come to fear and know her as the 'Pale Wisp'

Race: An Aisling (A type of fairy, often seen in dreams or visions)

Appearance: Adie is a very petite person. She has a pale slender form with the biggest black eyes you've ever seen. Her form allows her to be all the more acrobatic and nimble though. Her hair is stark white, uncombed and unkept, haircare takes far too much time in her personal opinion. Adelaida has a pretty enough face, with small sharp features and a few freckles dotted across her nose. For clothing she wears and blackish-grey tunic with leggins and boots to match, topped with a old brown blazer. Her cloak is hooded, and striking red in colour, contrasting highly with the rest of her outfit.
    Spoiler: Adie 

Traits and Personality: Adie is chatty at the best of times. She seems to be constantly smirking about something and is almost always pleased with herself. She's a confident little thing and can come across as quite forward, possibly rude. Behind that cheeky exterior however is a sneaky calculating little mind. When she is up to something it's almost always for the worst. Adie is a famous trickster and is known for her cruel little ... 'pranks'. Years of experience has made her a fast and surprisingly yet remarkably smart thinker. She enjoys a challenge and won't hesitate to show up if the opportunity arrives.

Weapons and Magic: Being an Aisling, Adie is naturally able to fly and float around casually. However due toher years of sneaking and trickery, her methods of flying have taken on a particular style. Adie often moves around the room like smoke and dust, able to dissapear at whim with the wisp of a wind and reappear on the opposite time of the room. It often unnerves anddisriantates people, yet Adie simply finds it relaxing.

Other than her ability to fly Adie posesses no other magical qualities. So, she relies of her daggers and speed to keep her out of trouble. Her swiftness and cunning make her a testy opponent when fighting, not to mention she could simply dissappear and leave if she wanted to. All in all a risky little being.

Bio: Almost nothing is known of the Pale Wisps background. She has personally never revealed anything about her life or history to no-one. Perhaps she will one day. Yet then again perhaps she might not.

Who knows?

I hope this is okay?

any world but this one.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

just one question... if she can become insubstantial at will, what happens to her gear and clothes? O.o

i like the concept though. if you dont want to reveal any bio in OOC or IC, thats fine, but if you want to PM me some backround info, i can do stuff that indirectly influences events in the story line around her. even if she herself doesnt know her origins, is enough for me to work with.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Okaydoke, I'll PM you

As for her clothes I always guessed they'd evaporate with her

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Is this still active? Could we keep it the cast to three characters (assuming I join and am accepted of course) or at least a small cast?

I like the characters in it so far It's what appealed to me the most! I'd like to see the group dynamic
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes 

Page 1 of 41 123 ... LastLast