Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Player's Choice 2014:(M) Time Blades: Heroes in Time IC.

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default Player's Choice 2014:(M) Time Blades: Heroes in Time IC.

Rated M for sex, violence, language, and use of drugs and alcohol.

Let the salvation of the Time Stream Commence.

OOC here and still open

0530, October, 26, 2014

Another day as a protector of time and an insurer of balance in the natural world, but something was different about this day a certain dread hung in the air as Chronos Calabar rolled from his large bed he began dressing in his uniform, and hung his green glass scythe pendent around his large neck folding his wings about his body. The dread was heavy and even the old Gargoyle felt it and he hated every second of it.

Today was the day of the annual and mandatory briefings for every Time Blade going over the same sexual harassment, Blade readiness, Suicide prevention, every kind of stupid soul crushing power point and pointless classroom they get every year. It would begin after breakfast and he could already see the styrofoam coffee cups and energy drink cans filling up the trash cans in the auditorium and class rooms. He made his bed and winched slightly as the main admin Keeper Collins bleeped on the P.A. system and began his daily announcements. Calabar has often wanted to know how that man managed to always sound happy and awake so early every morning.

"Ok friends everyone's favorite time of the year is here... mandatory briefings!" The Chronos could practically hear everyone in the base groan and hold the pillow over their heads trying to block out Chipper Keeper Collins.
    The admin Keeper continued with his announcements. "First briefing in the auditorium will be at 0630 til 0830 and they will be Sexual Harassment, Personal Hygiene, and the two part base maintenance power points. Keepers Murilegus and Altan troops have the joy of being the first ones to go through these three, Watchman Runit will be your instructor, then you can take a break for an hour before gathering your people and moving to class room 258 by the training rooms to go over weapons and magic maintenance for two hours. The rest of your day has been e-mailed to you make sure everyone is in the rooms before beginning or leaving. Next group will be..."

The big gargoyle blocked out the rest of the announcements, he knew them all being the one who set them after slinging his shotgun across his back and sliding the black tomahawk into it's holster on his leg he walked to the food court for a breakfast of bacon, eggs, ham, sausage, toast, and fruit. He always ate a big breakfast on briefing day just so his body will have energy to burn to keep him awake throughout the day. If the Followers get reamed for falling asleep during these the Chronos can't be falling asleep himself, it would send mixed messages to the young Blades. After a slow walk watching all the NCOs and Lower ranked Officers salute him and the Followers falling over themselves trying to remember what to do in his presence and an easy paced breakfast. Calabar made his way to the auditorium and seated himself at the table on the platform above the chairs waiting for the others including the instructor to arrive.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The bases time gate flickered to life with an emerald green color, texture like a viscous liquid as it connected to a far off outpost, or rather the outpost connected to it.

A pair of gleaming red horns emerged first from the portal, followed by a wave of golden hair and pointy ears.

At a glance, it was difficult to decide what this half demon, half elf, or half whatever species really was as each feature discounted the next. The manilla folder in his left hand of course told of what Follower Sorrel actually was, but for the onlooker…

Well, there didn’t appear to be any onlookers on the parade field. Or anyone, for that matter. Given that Earth’s Time Blades were easily the most elite, most professional, and most talked about battalion at least according to the backwater post he belonged to it was...odd. He’d been told to arrive in Time Blades parade uniform.

Maybe they hadn't gotten the transfer notice? Yeah, as if. The Follower really couldn't complain, all the bells and whistles of military life annoyed him to no end. Maybe they had been called out on a sudden mission.

“Could have at least left a note…”, Sorrel sighed, pulling his bow back onto the meaty portion of his shoulder. Aside from the folder, his bow and his quiver loaded with only a few of his toys the Follower carried nothing with him, not even his standard crossbow. Supposedly the rest of his uniforms and equipment would be arriving within the week.

Until then he was stuck in...this. This sweaty, itchy, uncomfortable uniform topped with a beret that looked ridiculous.

The part Elf part something stepped off of the platform, glancing around. All Time Blade outposts were pretty much built to the same standard, so he began towards the barracks. At least there he could hopefully get more directions than the note in his pocket that read ‘Find Keeper Murilegus, you’ll know her when you see her

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Working on sun lab.. need more A/C portals
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

She slowly climbed out of her sleeping pool, her body languid and slow. As the alarm clock buzzed with annoyance to her side, she stretched, her entire body twisting and bulging as she felt her entire body rove and stretch to push away the exhaustion. A small smile appeared on her facial features before she looked to the alarm, one tentacle enlarging and growing before flicking the thing off, watching it bounce merrily on the counter.

“Hmm.. which first.. which first..” She spoke to herself, hovering over to the closet and grabbing the short sword pendant and sticking it onto her forehead, feeling the familiar membrane expand around the small weapon. She headed to the mirror and gave it a smirk, watching as her body began to shift between white and green, the standard Blades uniform. Her attention seemed to tilt upwards as the PA blared to life, sending out the morning greetings and assignments.

“Goodie, I love the group meetings. So many people all together. I might even be able to sneak in a few hugs.” Nebelia spoke as she floated out of her room, giving a few short but eager waves to fellow Time blades members. Breakfast was on her first priorities, consisting of several types of fruit, and a cold mug of tea. It was a delicious breakfast in her regards before she floated off after some of the others, looking by far to be the most cheerful. Eventually maneuvering her way into the auditorium, she headed to the closer rows, humming a small tune in her body before sitting down.

“Ah, Good morning Chronos Calabar! Care for a morning hug before the meeting?” Nebelia called out boisterously, several tentacles merging together into a facsimile of a hand, waving with much vigor at the gargoyle, one of the few people she had yet to hug.

"Even Dreams, can be a nightmare"
    Spoiler: Click it, I dare ya! 

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Haladiriel had already been up for several hours when the Collins spoke. She was enjoying an old book written by some Human philosopher named Nietzsche. He had some good points, mind, but some of his arguments were quite simplistic. Her people were better. With a sigh, she closes the book as the Keeper spits out his announcement. Why he has to use such language is beyond her. The tongues of humans are so...guttural. Taking up her stuff, she leaves the library, and begins walking around walking past Sorrel and completely ignoring him. Sorrel could, although, hear her muttering in Elvish as she passes ["I don't know why they must use the languages of monkeys. They have no class, no poise or elegance. Just guttural growls and..."] That's all he heard before she was out of earshot. She walks for a while before she reached the indoor Arboretum. Being among the trees always seemed to be relaxing to her. perhaps it was the increase in oxygen.

Last edited by Cfavano; 10-27-2014 at 02:50 AM.

Spoiler: Things I like 

Anything and Everything.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Co-Post with Pheasant

Having finished with her morning exercise regime, and mentally cursing her uncomfortable dress uniform, Keeper Nix Murilegus made her way towards the Time Gate to pick up the base’s newest addition. Briefly, she swept one of her dark-skinned hands up to brush her snowy white bangs out of her eyes as she came around the final corner to see the newcomer waiting, likely for her. Not wanting to dawdle, especially with the upcoming briefing, Nix took a sip of her coffee before speaking up as she approached and asked, “Are you Sorrel?”

“I...am”, the Follower replied somewhat surprised at what he was looking at. No one on his old base would even dream of walking around with that much leg out. Either she was at the top of the food chain, or the dress regulations here were more lax than he could have ever imagined. He fell into the position of attention, putting up a very sharp salute, “Follower Sorrel reporting”

Nix returned the salute sharply before waving her hand to put him at ease as she calmly replied, “Keeper Nix Murilegus, welcome to base, I’ll get you checked in later, however you’ve arrived just in time for the yearly sexual harassment lecture, so come along, no one is excused from it.” With that said, she took another sip of her coffee before turning on her heel and leading the way towards the briefing room.

Hopefully she wouldn’t have to go and round up anyone else for the morning’s briefing.

A sexual harassment meeting? Well, he’d certainly hit the fucking jackpot. He followed after her as expected, shaking his head as he considered the humor of following a woman--ahem, his superior, dressed like that to a sexual harassment briefing.

He managed to keep his eyes forward, at least for the most part trained on the back of the Neko’s head. He’d be here a long time, no need to make it weird within the first five minutes of meeting his officer for the next five hundred years.

“What skills do you have, Sorrel? I’ve seen your CSV, but I’d like to hear it from your own mouth,” Nix said calmly as they walked, making their way at a leisurely pace towards the briefing room.

“Infiltration and recon, bow and crossbow marksmanship, defeating security amongst other things, ma’am”, Sorrel replied very matter of factly without much inflection or change in tone, “Assuming we have the time later, I’d prefer to demonstrate my tactics and skills in the training center. I don’t think either of us really want me to be somewhere I don't belong...There are also a few things I would like to discuss, before you put me on assignment if you find it acceptable ma’am”

Nix turned her head slightly as Sorrel finished speaking, glancing back at him from the corner of her emerald eyes before she faced forward again and replied, “We’ll schedule you some time in the training room today then, and yes, I will take what you have to say under advisement before any deployments, Follower Sorrel. For now though, find a seat and wait for the briefing to start.” She finished and pushed open a door labeled “Classroom 258”, calming moving off to take a love seat against the wall at the far end of the room where she elegantly crossed her legs, sipping at her coffee as she waited for everyone else to arrive.

Idly she noted Calabar already behind the podium and Nebelia in one of the first rows.

Sorrel took a seat in the very front row, setting his beret down on the table, bow and quiver underneath the chair.

First impressions, as essential as they are, can be a bitch. He’d have rather been in the back, but putting up a confident and professional look came first.
    "An absolute beginner on a real battlefield is a self-solving problem. An absolute beginner in a videogame is the concept of handicap given human form."
    -Cracked.com 6 Idiots you meet in every online game

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

*Calabar*

As he waited the Chronos decided to check the connections for the power point as he waited for the others to arrive. Everything was in order for the moment, he heard the door opened and chuckled softly as Watchman Yajelli entered with her usual cheerfulness, much like with Collins he wandered where she got the energy to be so happy all the time.

As she offered to hug him he smiled and waved his hand.
    "No thank you Nebelia, just take your seat and relax for a little bit as we wait for Watchman Runit." Shortly after the Waroman entered, Keeper Murilegus entered followed by the newest Follower Sorrel a Drow from a distant and underdeveloped world. The Time Blades of that planet had sent over the boy's file and Calabar remembers reading with a good feel for the young man. Infiltrator, bowman, parkour, he was well rounded youngling. The Gargoyle just hoped he wouldn't fall to his Drow urges at the wrong time.

Approaching the Follower Calabar nodded to him.
    "Welcome Follower Sorrel, good to see you've already found your Commanding Officer. Once she gets here introduce yourself to Vanguard Waverly, she's your first line supervisor and will be who you interact with the most. Also get to know the other Followers in your Squad, they'll be like family to you here as they were on your homeworld. Now be sure to stay awake for the briefing, if you find yourself falling asleep stand up and walk along the edge of the seats. Also be sure to see me later, there are some things we need to go over." With part of his spiel delivered the Chronos returned to his table in the back of the auditorium over looking the rest of the seats.

*Thalia*

"Oy, Seeker N'gata O Positive please." Thalia asks as she adjusts the hem of her uniform skirt, she really wanted to ask the Supply Corp why they can't get looser fitting uniforms. Sure they look good and hug every curve on women and every muscle on men, but was that really needed? She mulled over these thoughts as the Medical CO of her unit retrieved her "breakfast for the day. One 16 oz bag of blood, so was the curse of being a Vampire.

The stone skinned alien returned with a clear bag filled with a deep red liquid. The Journeyman smiled and signed the form she signed everyday along with the other Vampires that call the Time Blade HQ home and count themselves amongst the ranks of the group. With a nod and smile she took her little "juice" pouch and popped the bag pouring it into a to-go mug. All Vampires were told to call their blood ration juice when out in General Pop. It was a precaution because even in the Time Blades drinking blood unsettles some people and could hurt troop morale. Thalia found it annoying, but it was no use fighting it, when a group of Time Traveling Guardians tells you to do something as a precaution you do it because chances are they've seen what could happen if they don't.
    Sipping her cup of blood she listened to Keeper Collins's announcements about mandatory briefings, the woman sighed and rolled her eyes. Every year it was the same stupid briefings, "women are delicate and easily offended creatures that shouldn't be offended in anyway and men are crude morons that think only with their balls." Granted that's not really what the power points say, but it's what it's come across as for the Vampriess. Sex and breeding were encouraged, but if the individual doesn't want it you don't force it. If they just said that it would save them all a lot of wasted time, but the higher Brass love their Power Points.

Upon entering the auditorium Thalia found herself still quite early, Runit wasn't even here yet. With a shrug she took a seat in the back after nodding to the Chronos as he leaned back in his chair at the table. The big Gargoyle nodded back checking the cloak on the wall, people still had time to get, Thalia smiled as she turned back to finding a seat, she hoped for the rest of two squad's sake they showed up. If Nix or Calabar had to go hunt them down things would not end well for those stragglers. She saw Nix seated by herself in the back of the room, with a soft smile at the Neko she sat down in on of the chairs near the Love Seat.
    "Morning Keeper Murilegus." She said to the woman leaning back in her chair sipping her "juice".

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

That one Reaper Guy
    Mostly everything, I suppose
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

0530, October, 26, 2014

Keeper Metias Altan groaned in his bed, wishing that the loud intercom would just shut up. Keeper Collins was the bane of everyone's existence on Briefing Day. A handful of times he had woken up to lower ranks trying to tie him down with duct tape or rope, and promptly sent their asses to the ground and to the field.

He rolled out of bed to get ready for the day, pulling out his formal uniform, pressed and clear of any blemishes. After hanging it on the wall so that he could take a quick shower, Metias closed his bedroom door and walked to the food court, where he grabbed his breakfast. A simple breakfast sandwich, with a sausage patty and cheese. Coffee on the side, and in minutes, he was as awake as possible.

"Now to deal with the rest of the day," he grumbled as he walked into the room everyone was situated in, and took a seat, waiting for the main presentation to start. He noted that Calabar was already behind the podium, and a new recruit was in the room. He had been informed that Nix would be getting a new Follower in her squad, but didn't know he would be arriving today.

"Sucks to be you, Follower," he mumbled, leaning back in his chair.
    Thanks to Karma for the Avatar and Signature

Anything and Everything.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nix looked briefly to Thalia at the vampire's greeting, giving a small nod as she replied with a "Morning" of her own. Really if she had her way, she'd still be asleep, but the Chronos' orders trumped her desire to stay in bed. She knew what was going to come from this, the occasional blushes from the shier, more conservative members of the order, laughs and jokes from the more raucous ones. Really, it was nothing she hadn't already seen FOUR AND A HALF THOUSAND TIMES BEFORE. But that was beside the point, really she just needed to wait and potentially go and get any stragglers that were making the process worse than it already was. So far it seemed like she might not have to, but that was subject to change if people didn't get their asses in gear.
    "An absolute beginner on a real battlefield is a self-solving problem. An absolute beginner in a videogame is the concept of handicap given human form."
    -Cracked.com 6 Idiots you meet in every online game

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Working on sun lab.. need more A/C portals
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mercer let out a long groan as his entire body stretched awake, his body popping and creaking along with. He had been awake for some time, just lying still and listening to the world around him, the soft click of a clock, the hum of a/c and the quiet thrum of life in the base, those of the night still awake and getting ready for a night out. He was lulled by this noise, his body ready to fall back asleep before the over chipper voice of Collins woke him further. He swear the man had to be on a 24/7 drip of straight caffeine to be this awake at the time of day.

"Guy seriously needs to switch to decaf, or straight water." Mercer half growled as he sat up, his body feeling heavier than usual. With a grunt, he pulled himself out of bed and into the bathroom, intent on a quick hot shower before getting breakfast. It was no where near what he would normally take in a shower, but he didn't have the normal luxury to get cleaned up as normal. Once dressed in a simple pair of slacks and a tank top before taking off to breakfast, grabbing a cup of coffee and sipping away on the heavenly liquid.

"If we ever go to the time coffee was really made, I gotta thank the guy who made it." He grumbled out, carrying the hot cup and entering the auditorium for the meeting. Mercer gave a polite salute to Calabar and looked through the room. He could already see Nebelia was there, not surprising, along with Thalia and Nix. His eyes eventually found Sorrel, the new recruit. He flopped down in a large comfy chair and stretched out, sipping on the coffee.

"Even Dreams, can be a nightmare"
    Spoiler: Click it, I dare ya! 

Romance, Fantasy, Horror
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"And so it starts."

Marcus had been up for the past hour, getting the mess hall and kitchen ready for the day. Sadly, the days where he cooked were mostly gone, as being in charge meant he mostly worked with paperwork he never knew existed and left the cooking to those below him. However, he did like to help prep occasionally, as it allowed him know more about those he was responsible for.

His words were about the announcement. As if on cue, people started to bustle into the hall, hoping to get there breakfast and move on. Trading his apron for his uniforms jacket, he called for Watchman Michaels. "I'm leaving you in charge. Make sure everyone is in the Auditorium by 0620. I don't want to be explaining why my crew is interrupting the mandatory briefings again."
    "Yes, sir. We won't be late this time." Michaels responded, chuckling as he went back to his task of setting the food out where the servers could get to it. He grabbed a coffee before leaving, not too hungry since the cooking crew ate before everyone else.

Entering the auditorium, he was greeted by few faces. He sighed, sipping on his coffee. He believed that taking the long way would make this place crowded when he arrived, but that didn't work apparently. Of course, most of the higher ups were already here, the Chronos probably having been the first to arrive. Not in any rush to sit down since he'd be doing that for the next two hours, he stood by the entrance taking in the faces before him. many were obviously annoyed by this, but he understood why. Hell, he didn't want to do this either. But with all these new recruits from different time periods, it was necessary. Realizing his coffee was gone at this point, he threw the cup away and went to find a seat. Finally taking a seat beside Nebelia, he greeted his junior.

"Morning, Yajelli. Or should I say Watchman Yajelli?" Thinking back to her recent promotion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast