Page 1 of 66 12351 ... LastLast

Thread: The Academy of Superheroes (IC) (PG-13)

The Invisible One
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Superhero; Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Default The Academy of Superheroes (IC) (PG-13)

In a walled in area in California there was a Portal, and a Bus. On the Bus was a bunch of young students who would have their lives changed upon entering this Portal. When the Bus entered the Portal the Students found themselves in a new dimension. A Dimension with a big Academy. As the Bus approached the Academy got bigger, and the Students could see a Man, who appeared to be in his Twenties, standing in the courtyard in the front of the Academy, just waiting patiently. The Bus stopped twenty feet away from the Man, and the Students got off of the bus and lined up in front of him. "Hello Students," The Man said when the Students were all lined up. "I am Cordell Kortez, One of the two Headmasters here, and I would like to be the first to formally welcome you to the Academy of Superheroes. If you would all please follow me, we can start the tour." The Man began walking towards the Academy, until he stopped in front of a Statue that appeared to be a Man made completely out of Ice. In fact, the Statue fit the description of Frozen Ace, one of the First Heroes. "This Statue here," The Headmaster began, "Is in fact not a Statue. This is Frozen Ace, frozen in place. Quite ironic if you think about it." He said, as he chuckled, before straitening back up. "Because of the powers of Dark Abyss, a long time Enemy of Frozen Ace, he was put into a permanent freeze that wont even melt. He gave his life to insure Dark Abyss would never again harm anyone else. Now, come. Let the Tour continue." After that Cordell lead the students throughout the entire Academy, showing them the Cafeteria, the Gym, both the sides of the Dorms, and several classrooms where they met some interesting Teachers.

The Last room in the Tour was the Headmasters' Office. "The Other Headmaster is not here right now," Headmaster Kortez told the Students as they entered the office. "But I am sure you will meet her soon enough. If any of you have been wondering, I am more publicly known as Nuclear Spark, and although I don't look it I am 100 years old. And if you think I'm old, then make sure to make fun of Miss Littmann, the other Headmaster, when she returns, as she is 165." The Headmaster laughed at his joke for a moment before continuing. "I would like you all to look at the Students who are with you." He gave the students a moment to look at each other. "Within time, you will all form a group of Heroes. Evan Michaels will be your trainer, but he wont be here until tomorrow. So you guys have the rest of the day to yourselves. When you exit this office there will be someone that will hand each of you a paper. The paper has details about the school, hours for everything, and your Dorm room number, and who you will be rooming with. Make sure to get to know your roomate. You are all dismissed." As the Students leave the Headmasters' Office they are given the paper with the details about everything.

The Rooms are as follows,

Room #17, Romi Murkami, Mackenzie Knight
    Room #27, Janette D'ross, Abby Bartlett
    Room #79, Talia Smith, Catherine Long
    Room #125, Ben Ilson, Austin Luther
    Room #191, Viktor Isayiv, UNDECIDED

The Current time is 10:30 AM, and the next event on the paper is Lunchtime at 12:00 PM.
    Last edited by InfraredHero; 11-17-2014 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Did some God Man editsssss

January Member of the Month
    Sci-Fi, Dystopian, Superhero Stuff, Fantasy, lots of fandoms
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Austin did not exactly blend in with the rest of the students around him. His eyes dashed to and fro observing his surroundings with nervous anxiety. His skin was already getting pale, not that there was much skin exposed for anyone to see. He wore a hoodie that was a size too big, blue jeans and sneakers. His hood was turned over so that it covered his face, and his black leather gloved hands were shoved firmly in place inside of his pockets. He had his iPod on, earbuds in, but he didn’t have music playing. He just wanted to ward off anyone who was looking to make a friend on the first day. He wasn’t looking for a friend, he wasn’t looking to be some “superhero”, or even to learn to control his powers. He was at the Academy to find some way of removing his power. To Austin, it wasn’t a power...it was a terrible, hellish curse that he had been forced to live with, but hopefully not for much longer.

The tour finished in the Headmasters’ Office. This Kortez guy was trying too hard to be funny, and Austin simply sighed and rolled his eyes. "Just give me what I want so I can go...” He thought. He immediately regretted thinking that, wondering if there were any mind readers amongst the group. He breathed a sigh inside his mind as no one seemed to notice. The facilities were impressive, marvelous even. Austin had never been inside any place like the Academy. He was used to poverty and street life, and now he felt like he was on the other end of the spectrum. "Maybe it won’t be so bad here...” he thought with a smile. Finally, the tour was over and he was handed his rooming assignment. HE HAD A ROOMMATE?! He shook his head. He knew that he should have expected to have a roommate at an overly glorified boarding school, but he just hadn’t thought of it. Still, maybe he could just keep to himself and establish a nice, safe isolated barrier between him and this Ilson kid... He’d find a way.
    Last edited by Price; 10-30-2014 at 01:44 PM.

October Member of the Month
    Anything that is Awesome
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Catherine stood at the back of the group and looked around as they went on the tour. This is place was nice and definitely a lot different from what she's used to. She looks at some of the picture and various statues of fallen heroes and felt a twinge of secondhand guilt since she recognized some of them as being kills of her grandfather. She knew that if anyone found out her ancestry, she would more than likely be kicked out...again. She tugs her bag closer to her as the tour went on, becoming more and more uncomfortable.

Once they reached the Headmasters' Office, she breathes a sigh of relief, happy that the tour was over and so were the bad jokes. She looks at the paper she was given and saw her roommate's name. "Talia Smith." she murmurs to herself, hoping that they would get along so she wouldn't have to risk going berserk on her roommate. She looks up, searching for Talia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mackenzie breathed hard but as quietly as she could while Mr. Kortez gave the tour of The Academy grounds. It's okay, it's okay, it's okay... she repeated in her mind. She didn't know why she was scared, because really, she was happy. She hadn't had a stable place to live since...since the accident. This was a dream come true. She was among others just like her, and all of the amazing higher ups in The Academy could teach and help her with, well, everything! But still, she felt a hollow pit inside her stomach, although it could be because all she ate was a protein bar for breakfast. She looked and marveled at the spectacular artifacts and rooms, and listened to the great ancient stories that Mr. Kortez had told them. They had happened so many years ago; imagine the action, fear and pure awesomeness that they experienced. Imagine the anxiety, her inner mind nagged at her. She thought about all of that past drama taking place in present day, the cops wouldn't stop searching until they'd found me, she thought. And if that happened, she'd be in a real dilemma. But I'm safe--at least for now, she assured herself. How was this legal, exactly? I mean, it's not exactly normal to round up a bunch of people with, um, abilities and--she cut herself off. This was an answer to a prayer. A safe haven, a place where she'd be helped. She wasn't going to let her mind ruin this amazing experience. As the tour drew to a close she said a quick "thank you," when she was handed a paper with the information on classes, the roommate on who she would be living in her room with and the like. Romi Murkami. That's who she'd be sharing her dorm room with. She looked around to try and greet the other students, she didn't know where Murkami was due to her having absolutely no idea what she looked like. At first glance she saw a guy with a hoodie and a girl who seemed to be looking for someone else. Part of her wished that she would have been her assigned roommate, she seemed friendly enough. All Mackenzie hoped was that her roommate was just somewhat easy to get along with. Here we go...

Fantasy, Scifi, futuristic, superpowers, some romance, just about anything if it has a good story
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The bus ride to the academy was pretty quiet. No one talked to Viktor, and that suited him just fine. He had plugged in his headphones for the majority of the trip, removing them only to listen to instruction as they disembarked and began their tour. Viktor's English was not the greatest, which forced him to listen silently so as to keep up. He did not speak, but tried to pretend that he understood everything he was told. Some of what he saw needed no explanation, others were far beyond his comprehension. But all would come in time. As they moved through the facility, Viktor kept his hands shoved in his pockets, mentally pathing routes between the dorms, the cafeteria, the gym, and the classrooms. Memorization was his best friend; it allowed him to assimilate more seamlessly into American society.

The tour concluded with their room assignments. Viktor took the paper in hand and stared at it for several long moments. His ability to speak the English language was not great. His ability to read it was even worse. He gave up on understanding what was written and looked instead for his name. That much he had learned before arriving stateside. The sigh that escaped his lips was one of relief and depression, for there was no name written next to his. 'It's better that way anyway. The fewer people that notice me, the better.' Viktor wasn't concerned with mind readers. It was likely that they would eventually learn to read his mind anyway, so there was no sense in censoring his thoughts. They might as well get used to it.

Moving slowly away from the crowd, Viktor held the paper in his right hand and carefully made his way toward the dorms. He needed energy, but that would come after he'd located his room and stowed his "valuables". He brought almost nothing with him, but he might as well know where he was to live during his time at the academy. The young man didn't bother checking to see if anyone was following behind him, mostly because it didn't matter. He just wanted to get through his time and be done.

The Invisible One
    Superhero; Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Abby listened to Headmaster Kortez during the tour with intent. At the end of the tour she exited the Office, and got her paper for information about the school. She read the first page, then skipped to the one about her room. 'Hmm, Looks like I get Room Number Twenty-Seven. I wonder who this Janette D'ross is, and what she does.' Abby made her way to her room, evading a couple other students on the way. She felt like she was one of the only new students at the academy that was actually happy with being there. She wanted to know how to control this new power of hers so she never hurt anyone else again. 'Well, looks like this is my room.' Abby was standing in front of the door that had the number Twenty-Seven on it. She entered it and found she was the first to reach it. Abby went over to the bed on the left of the room, after seeing there was no difference to the sides. Each side had a bed and a desk, and that was more than enough for Abby. 'I wonder when I will meet my roommate.' Abby laid down on her bed before directing her thoughts to the unfortunate event that brought her here.

Second to the right and straight on 'til morning.
    Sci-fi, fantasy and mystical wonderful stuffs!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Janette listened intently to the headmaster as they toured round, and once everyone had gone she hung behind, taking her time to look at the pictures on the walls of the corridor before rushing over to her room. "Number 27... Abby Bartlett... What a strange name..." she said to herself in a soft french accent as she looked for her room. There it was, with a blue number plate and she smiled, "I like the number 27... It's odd..." she giggled and knocked on the door. Tap tap tap. She gently pushed the door open, "Hello? Oh, hello!" she said, spotting her new room mate, "I'm Janette, human lie detector, wizard with words. And I'm your new room-mate!" she grinned and put her small bag of stuff on her desk before sitting down on the opposite bed and grinning, excited to have a new friend.

The Invisible One
    Superhero; Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Abby sat up when she heard knocking on the door. She watched as her new roommate entered the room and introduced her. 'Human Lie detector? Wizard with words? What does that mean exactly?' "I'm Abby, Human..." Abby didn't know what to call herself. "Lightning Bolt? It's nice to meet you, Janette." Abby didn't know what to say, so she just went silent for a few moments. Not wanting to make things awkward though, she decided to ask Janette about her powers. "So, Human lie detector and wizard with words? Are those your powers?" Abby could easily guess what the first one was, but the second she wondered about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ben yawned as he stepped off the bus. The ride over had made him feel more than a little weary and he had spent most of it quietly dozing with his forehead resting against the window as the landscape raced by. Now that the trip had ended he was still getting used to standing on his own feet. Someone started speaking and he shook his head and tried to pay attention to the words. He had known going in that he was going to be surrounded by other people with powers as incredible, if not more so, than his but hearing the man in front of him saying he was a hundred years old and there was someone else who was older still was mind blowing.

As the speech wound to a close he took the information numbly and stood looking around at the other students dumbly. Everyone here seemed so unique an despite feeling like an outsider at least he didn't feel like there really was an inside to all this. He finally looked at his paper and squinted at the room number. "one...tweny five." He muttered to himself as he yawned and wiped sleep out of his eyes. His roommate seemed to be someone by the name of Austin Luther and he couldn't help but think that the name actually sounded like someone with powers. He idly wondered what powers his roommate would have as he headed towards his room eager to find out.

When Ben did arrive room 125 he noticed he was the first person there. It seemed simple enough and he smiled at the thought of actually having a place to crash when he needed to. Not that he would get much time to do that if there was going to be too much training. His stomach growled and he put a hand over it. "Man, where is a guy meant to find food in this place?" He muttered to himself quietly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mackenzie noticed that many of the students had dispersed to their rooms, apparently they weren't much of the social type. That's okay, she thought, and went to find her own dorm.

Walking through The Academy was mind boggling. The vastness of the place itself and the detail was, to say the least, immaculate. She realized she was slipping into a reverie and quickly snapped out of it. She looked down at the slip of paper that was handed to her: room seventeen. Easy enough. She walked through the halls of the apartment-esque building, looking at the numbers on the walls. Fourteen, fifteen, sixteen...here we go, seventeen. She smiled and knocked quietly on the door in case someone was inside. She opened the door and seen a girl on her bed, "You must be Romi, it's nice to meet you." Mackenzie smiled. She seemed okay, well she hasn't really said anything yet but she didn't seem like the 'rebel-type' to her. "So I guess we're roommates, cool!" She said, forcing an overdone smile. "Oh, I'm Mackenzie by the way."

Looking around the room, she brought her duffel bag over to the opposite side where their was another bed and desk. She put her bag on the bed and began unpacking.
    Last edited by emm; 10-30-2014 at 05:27 PM.

Page 1 of 66 12351 ... LastLast