Page 25 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: The Academy of Superheroes (IC) (PG-13)

January Member of the Month
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-Fi, Dystopian, Superhero Stuff, Fantasy, lots of fandoms
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Austin’s tears slowly stopped falling, he carefully returned Talia’s embrace not wanting to let go. At the same time, he was completely shocked at her continued affection. He had been so sure that he would scare her off with his story....yet she was still here. He could feel the pain emanating from Talia and wondered if she had somehow connected with his story. He pulled back so that he could see into her eyes, but stayed in an embrace. “You....you’re not okay...” he said simply. “What is it?” he asked. As he looked into her eyes and studied her features, he realized why he had slipped up with her name earlier...it wasn’t just because he was thinking of his sister.

Tallia looked so much like his sister, reminded him so much of his sister even in her personality. She was sweet, caring, and had a soft and tender meekness in her demeanor that was so reminiscent of his deceased Alice. Austin found himself looking at Talia with the warm, coo of a smile that he had always used to comfort Alice when she was upset. Austin didn’t realize that he was doing this, but Talia had just triggered this automatic big brother side of him. His grip loosened and was less rigid. Replacing the firm grip was a soft, inviting hold careful to not touch her skin. His eyes went to work once more inviting her with an almost hypnotically relaxing gaze.

Fantasy, Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Talia tensed slightly when Austin noted her worry. She cursed herself in her head, but kept silent for a few moments. When Austin drew back from the hug, she was comforted to find him still holding her grip. "It's nothing, really" Talia replied, forcing a smile on her face. Then, with a sigh she realised that was clearly not going to work. Austin's eyes were too inviting and comforting, she couldn't hold it in to herself any more. "Just... Just reminded me of something-something I did once" Talia mumbled, lowering her head. "I killed a guy too" Her eyes watered, threatening tears tried to force their way out. "I don't even have an excuse" Her grip tightened and her shoulders slumped slightly. "We just kinda, started punching each other, I think he caught me taking something of his..." Talia stammered and her face grew hard and determined, she would not cry. "I can't even remember, how bad is that?"

Talia shuddered at the memory, and at the crystal clear drops falling into her lap. "We just fancied a game of fisty cuffs," Talia spoke softly now, regret waying down on her words. "I... I tried to push him back, in the chest" Talia shivered, and raised her head, meeting Austin's gaze with teary eyes. "I-I shot a spear straight through his heart" She finished, leaving Austin's gaze to stare at her own hands. She softened her grip and flinched as she spotted the end of the large red mark, left by her earlier actions forcing Catherine from Abby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

When Abby moved a bit further from Cat, he got a few steps closer to her. His features denoted signs of concern and shame. "I'm sorry for how I treated you before, Catherine." Ryan said softly. "It's just... that I'm a bit frustrated for what happened here. I'm still getting used to being in a group, after isolating myself from other people."

October Member of the Month
    Anything that is Awesome
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Cat looks at Ryan and gently laid a hand on his arm. "I think we're all still... Upset about what happened." She smiles up at him. "I'm used to isolating myself too. People tend to make me upset. I don't know how many times I've been kicked out of schools. If there's anything, and I mean anything, I can help you with, don't be afraid to ask okay?" She glances at Abby, making sure she wasn't listening and said, "people like us have to stick together... Like a pack or a pride."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"I'm glad to know that at least, I made a friend on my first day." Ryan said with a faint smile on his face. "Thanks for your support, Cat. I'll keep that in mind." It was surprising for him to see someone filled with such sincerity, which was pretty rare among people. It comforted him to know that he had someone to rely on, since she had a terrible demon to deal with too. His body got less tense, and he took his hands out from his trench coat's pockets.

"For now, I wish to feel welcomed among the others. Even though you have started to get along well without me, and I hope they still accept me when the truth comes out soon."

October Member of the Month
    Anything that is Awesome
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Cat smiles. "They seemed okay when I let my other slip out.... They should be okay with yours. I'll stop you if you ever transform. That I promise." She takes his hands gently and squeezes them. "I'll be here to help however I can. Just open up and they will accept you."

Second to the right and straight on 'til morning.
    Sci-fi, fantasy and mystical wonderful stuffs!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Everything happened so quickly once the button was pressed, and once they were back in the real world, everything flashed before Janette too. People hurting each other, crying, dying, wondering off, and Janette... Well, she had a headache she just couldn't shake, and a lie in the back of her mind too. She closed her eyes and it came to her, "Woah, wait, woah, Unari?" she looked around but she couldn't see him. She saw the others running off and tried to follow them. "Guys, wait, I suck at running..." She yelled out, panting hard and running as fast as she could. When she finally stopped there was a rather emotional seen taking place, but all Janette could really focus on was the body of Matthew laid on the floor. She gasped, "Can't... Can't somebody save him? All of these powers we have, but no-one can save people." she fought back the tears, "That sucks..." But for once she couldn't let her emotions get past her and beat her, what was important now, past Ryan and Cat and Abby and the others, she had to find Unari. She yelled out, "HELLO? I'm so sorry, I know it's hard..." A tear rolled down her cheek, "But right now it's important I find Unari. Can you please tell me where he is?"

January Member of the Month
    Sci-Fi, Dystopian, Superhero Stuff, Fantasy, lots of fandoms
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Austin listened to Talia’s story unwavering and still supportive. He felt embarrassed for breaking down and stupid for wallowing when Talia was clearly in need of empathy herself. With a tender expression, he began wiping her tears once more. His cold leathered hand dabbing her cheeks and sweeping the tears from beneath her eyes. Once done, that hand returned to her grip while his other hand gently brought her chin up so that he could look at her once more. His eyes spoke for him...they always had since he hated human interaction so. Right now, they were soft and tender. They invited Talia to gaze and be comforted.

“It wasn’t your fault...you didn’t mean to...” Austin started. “You cannot carry that burden...” He said pulling her shoulders toward him as he embraced her tightly to show her that he would not abandon her. He wanted to help her focus on something else. “You look....so much like her....” He said with a smile as he looked into Talia’s eyes. “You could be Alice’s twin."

Fantasy, Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Talia felt stronger while she embraced Austin. She knew she could never forgive herself for what she did, nor that she would ever forget it, but Austin was so reassuring, she could think about something else for now, even if it was for just a little while. She sat there for a minute without responding then with a smile hidden by Austin's shoulder, she said softly "Really? It sure is a small world... huh?" Then she drew back from the hug gently, so he could look Austin in the eye again. They were so calm and collected, she couldn't help but smile through her still slightly watery eyes. "We should probably be heading back to the others..." Talia began, breaking from Austin's gaze to look back the way they had come. Though, she didn't move, or try to get up. She wanted to wait until Austin was ready to face everyone again, she also felt she needed a few moments herself. "I wonder how Matthew is..." She mumbled with a sigh, in her head she had already accepted what must be the inevitable, but she couldn't help but hang on to the tiniest of hopes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ryan was flattered for having all her support, if the dark day came for him. But it was difficult for him to understand, all the kindness that she was showing to him. "Catherine. Why are you so supportive to me?" he asked in a soft and yet serious tone. "You barely know me, but you seem to be pretty understanding with everybody."

Page 25 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2324252627 ... LastLast