Page 30 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: The Academy of Superheroes (IC) (PG-13)

October Member of the Month
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Anything that is Awesome
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Catherine walked with Talia silently as she pondered the time. When Talia mentioned her grandfather, she stopped walking. "What? Him...? No. I didn't know him." She lied. "He hurt Mathew and that bothered me. That's all. I just snapped." Catherine continues to walk again but stopped in front of a portrait of a hero that her grandfather had killed. She stared at the deceased hero, forgetting that Talia was there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ryan was silent after Evan told him that Matthew was thankful for saving his life. For a moment, he closed his eyes as a faint smile appeared on his face. Now he had made two friends at the academy, which had been very good so far this first day. It was surprising to know that a kid would be looking up to him, and he was touched because of that.

"The others would be glad to know that he's fine." Ryan said. "I would tell the others, but I'm pretty tired and hungry to move."

Giga Onion
    Give me an Idea and I'll see what I can do
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

"Hi Sophia!"

"Well, there was a boom, and then a bunch of people attacked each other."

'Hmph,' she thought, 'Typical...' Her eyes leapt from person to person before she decided to take it upon herself to leave the group at their discretion. She sighed heavily as she felt her head with her metal hand and rubbed her forehead with her other hand. She didn't know, nor did she want know, why she was awaken when she could easily taken a nap in the courtyard, but that aside there was another problem - sleep. She was very tired, after awaking up in a courtyard, was in need of a system reboot in order to get herself back together. Sophia came back to her room and plopped down onto the bed sinking into sleep, but her robotic [that was alone for god knows how long] came up and leapt on her back nearly shattering her spine. Sophia flipped over and stared at the robotic dog as it fell over onto the floor, "Really? Was there a purpose behind that or were you just being a dick again? After all this time you still want to jump on my back... Funny really... Come on then..." The robotic dog leapt back onto the bad and snuggled into Sophia's side - he was cold and made with brass metals. She smirked as she went back to her usual venues hoping to reboot her system.

Second to the right and straight on 'til morning.
    Sci-fi, fantasy and mystical wonderful stuffs!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Janette kept walking, thinking about what she'd just said. It was true, none of it was worth the risk. She wanted a happy, normal life, but that didn't seem possible with her inhuman powers. She wondered if anyone else felt the same way... Janette smiled as Sofia. "Yes, there was a boom, some people fought each other, Matthew was hurt, we were dropped in the forest for some reason and I really need a shower now!" She laughed, "Sofia is it? I'm Janette, very nice to meet you!" She stuck out her hand to shake it. She patted Abby on the back, "Hey Abby, you ok?" She asked, wondering why she was so phased out. They entered the building and Janette headed straight down the corridor for their room. "Oh! What room are we in? I forgot!" She asked, face palming.

Fantasy, Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Talia nodded to show she had understood. "Oh, all right" She smiled, though it was clearly mask for her own anxiety "My bad, sorry" When Catherine stopped at the portrait, Talia kept her gaze on her for a few moments. She wondered what was going through the girl's thoughts, and knew with a sinking feeling Catherine was keeping from her. Though, at the same time she knew right now, all she could do was ignore it and give Catherine something else to focus on. She could only support her passively. So, rather than questioning her further, Talia rested a hand on her shoulder and quickly said "You seem kinda zoned out, since we can't shower at once I'll go up to our room and give you a minute, okay?" Talia smiled before walking past Catherine at a steady pace, on the way back to their room. "You better hurry!" She called back "I might not be able to restrain myself from those cupcakes for too long!"

She continued up to their room where she threw herself onto her bed for just a moment. A long sigh escaped her lips, and she dragged a hand across her face and into her hair. She leaned over to the edge of her bed, digging out her toiletries bag and a nice fluffy towel before continuing to the bathroom. There she quickly undressed and got into the shower, forcing the water as hot as her skin could handle. The steam filling the spacey shower filling her lungs and seemed to draw her into her own world. Then, with a shudder everything came back to her Catherine, Matthew, Austin. Everything at once, weighing her down. The water distracted her from everything, but she knew with a sickening feeling she would have to face it all again very soon.

October Member of the Month
    Anything that is Awesome
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Catherine just nodded distractedly as Talia left her. After she was long gone, she finally answered not realizing that Talia was no longer there. "Yeah...yeah... I'll come..." she looked at the portrait. How many more people will die by her grandfather's hand now that he's out of the prison. She should have stopped him. Beating herself up was pointless. It wouldn't get her anywhere. She tried to walk away but she couldn't. That portrait stared her down. Mocking her failure. She sighs and heads to her room.

Cat flopped onto her bed since Talia was still in the shower. She hoped that Matthew was alright. He didn't deserve to die. But she was going to find her grandfather and take care of him. She would be willing to kill him if that's what it took. She curled up as she thought about everything that had happened. All her classmates will find out who she really is. And they might shun her for it. She extended her claws and ripped her pillow. It felt good to get her frustrations out. But she was going to need another pillow. She looked at her ripped up pillow and shrugged. It was already ruined so she continued to growl and rip it up even more until it was all shreds of fluff and fabric.

January Member of the Month
    Sci-Fi, Dystopian, Superhero Stuff, Fantasy, lots of fandoms
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Austin surveyed his surroundings and noticed that there was no one within fifty yards of him. Satisfied with his seclusion, he plopped down onto the grass with his guitar. There were still a few hours before dark...before his nightmares would haunt him again...and he would have new faces to be terrorized by tonight. Matthew.....dead or near dead....the two mysterious villains...and of course...Talia’s death would surely haunt him. He sighed at the very thought and tended to his guitar.

At first, Austin was just messing around and plucking a few strings...forming random chords. It stayed this way for about five minutes as he let his thoughts slowly drift away. As he slowly came back to reality, he realized he was subconsciously playing a song that he hadn’t remembered in quite some time. It was quite an old song. Austin had always been fond of some of the lesser known 90s and 2000s music. He closed his eyes and lost himself into the guitar. He began to sing to the song. Most people didn’t know it, but Austin was actually a fantastic singer. The only person that he had ever sang to was his sister. Now days, he just sang to ease his soul...to keep from going insane.

The Invisible One
    Superhero; Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

"Don't worry about that," Evan replied to Ryan. I can tell everyone tomorrow. As for you, you should go get something to eat, then some sleep. You're gonna need your strength back if you plan on training in your abilities tomorrow." He turned to Headmaster Littmann. "Now, lets get you rested too." Then Evan lead the Headmaster out of the room, leaving Ryan and Matthew.

---

As Abby and Janette were walking through the academy halls together, Abby was still lost in her thoughts, when she felt a pat on her back. "Hey Abby, you ok?" "Yeah, I'm fine." she lied unconvincingly, so even if Janette couldn't detect lies, she would be able to see Abby was lying. Then Janette asked about their room number. "I think it was 27." Out of all the things that happened that day, and Abby's brain decided to remember the number of her room.

Second to the right and straight on 'til morning.
    Sci-fi, fantasy and mystical wonderful stuffs!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Janette knew instantly what Abby said was a lie, but at that time she didn't exactly need her powers, she could tell anyway something was wrong. She smiled knowingly, not wanting to point it out as it seemed an inappropriate time. They carried up the hallway until 27 and Janette rushed to the bathroom first, trying to lighten the mood. "I dibs the bathroom first! All this 'ard work makes me tired and gives me headaches!" She opened the door, glad to see everything was in tact. "Unless you have a good excuse to go first?" She added, realising that Abby may want some shower time to think stuff out, and also that she was being very inconsiderate. "I don't mind you going first. I have to pick out an outfit and stuff..." She said, fumbling for words as she didn't know what to do in the situation. Abby had lied so obviously, and she knew Janette could detect lies. Did she want to talk about it or not or what?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It had taken him a while to regain some energy, but at last, Ryan managed to stand on his feet by himself. The very first thing he did once he left the infirmary, was to make a stop at the cafeteria. Fortunately, the place was still on service, and Ryan didn't hesitate to take a double portion of the meal that they had been serving, including the dessert. It was the first time that he had eaten that much, and the young canadian barely believed it. Feeling stuffed, he decided to take both desserts for takeout and eat them later at his room.

When he arrived to the room, he found signs that Austin had been there not so long ago. Ryan let out a sigh of disappointment, because it seemed that he wouldn't have a chance to gain his partner's trust. He put the bag with the desserts near a little table that was next his bed. As he closer to his bed, he began to feel sleepy, and without thinking it twice he lay down on the bed. The drowsiness had taken hold of him, but his sleep was very distant of being pleasant.

In his dreams, he appeared in the middle of the school courtyard wearing a pair of torn jeans. On the floor laying around him were most his classmates, and all of them had deep and serious wounds. Right in front of his feet was Matthew, whose face was covered in blood, trying to make eye contact with Ryan.

"You were a hero to me." the boy said, an expression anger was filling his face. "Look what you did! You... you.. Monster!"

Ryan stood there shocked with the words echoing in his mind. Filled with fear, he looked to his hands, which were stained in blood. Overwhelmed at this terrible sight, he screamed in terror and despair.

From all sudden, Ryan cried and opened his eyes. He was on his bed, bathed in cold sweat and breathing fast. Fearful, he looked to his hands, but they were clean. He realized that he had been dreaming, but it didn't change the fact that he was pretty scared by the nightmare. He checked his watch, and found out that he had been asleep for half an hour. He got up from the bed and took the paper bag, leaving the room in such a hurry.
    Last edited by NovaStriker; 05-25-2015 at 04:21 AM.

Page 30 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2829303132 ... LastLast