Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 146263646566 LastLast

Thread: The Academy of Superheroes (IC) (PG-13)

October Member of the Month
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Anything that is Awesome
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Cat watched silently as Lucas stepped out and surrendered as per her suggestion. There were risks, yes. But also benefits. In this case, Cat believed that the benefits outweighed the risks. When it came to Austin and getting him out of the dark place he was in, nothing else mattered but bringing him back to school. Cat looked around at the guns that were pointed at them.

Her nose was all but useless with the putrid smell of the ghetto around them but her ears worked just fine. Cat was listening for the clinking of the trigger being pulled. At Caesar's command, they had lowered their weapons and almost instantly, it was as if they were honored guests. The man led them into the limo. The only thing Cat truly noticed was that creepy grin on his face. She hated it and wanted to claw that thing off of his skin. But she couldn't because this man had some hold on Austin. It was their only link to their friend.

Cat did not miss Caesar's reference to the 'Lucas treatment'. She knew that the kid wasn't telling them the whole truth. No one was and that infuriated her. She growled slightly as she watched Lucas start eating before grabbing some for herself. "Alright. So we play nice for now. But that doesn't change the fact that we need to find Austin. We need a way to turn this whole thing to favor us. The gangster has to at least know that we have powers in some way, shape, or form. And Janette can tell us if he's lying. I doubt that I would be able to pick out Austin's smell but that kid has this... distinct smell to him so who knows. Regardless, we need to think of something!'

Made by .Karmz. ! She is simply the best!

The Invisible One
    Superhero; Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Evan just watched as Lucas informed Cesar that they were complying with their demands. After that, Cesar led them to a limo and directed them all into it. Evan was the last to enter the big vehicle, before the door was shut, then the driver started driving. Evan watched as Lucas ate a sandwich, confident that there was nothing wrong with it. Talia obviously thought the opposite, as she questioned Lucas about the food. He told her that if they were wanted dead, they would be dead. And Evan agreed. "Lucas is right. They have much more firepower than we do, and we are still alive. That means that's how Alonzo want's us."

Meanwhile, Catherine was already thinking up a plan to finding Austin. The piece of the plan she had was good, but they would need more. "If he doesn't know you guys have powers, we need to use that to our advantage. Catherine, if Austin is ever close by, I am sure you would be able to get his scent. If not, hopefully Ryan will sense his aura. If that doesn't work out, I can try poking around. See if I overhear anyone talking." Evan continued to keep his own power a secret from Lucas. He was starting to slowly trust him, but there was still a thought in his mind that Lucas wasn't going to be a friend forever.

January Member of the Month
    Sci-Fi, Dystopian, Superhero Stuff, Fantasy, lots of fandoms
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

“You should assume that Alonzo knows everything about you. He isn’t just some local gang lord...the JCA is much more complicated than that. They deal in just about every business that you can imagine and have virtually limitless resources at their disposal. As soon as Austin left to find you all, I’m sure he took great pains to find out where he was going. When Austin came back, I’m sure Alonzo did his research to find who might be coming to bring our friend back home. Hell, it’s possible Austin told him, himself. You should just assume that Alonzo knows your powers and identities, and everything in between,” Lucas said in a matter of fact manner. Having finished his little snack, he sipped the last of his drink and sank back into the cushioned seat to relax.

“I can’t help but be curious...just how much do you know about Austin? Besides his powers and the little you know about Alice, I mean. Did you know he was a singer and a musician, for instance? I’m just curious what all he’s told you about himself.” Lucas kept his eyes shut as he talked. It was almost as if he was napping while he was conversing with the group. He seemed totally unfazed by their situation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ryan was uncomfortable with this decision, but trying to fend off their captors would be a death wish. In the meantime, he began to eat part of the meal that they had brought to them, though he wasn't pleasantly enjoying it, because he knew that the serum's effect could wear off at any moment and he could give trouble to all of his classmates with the risk of being shot because of his little control over his werewolf transformation. For now, he'll try to stay put in order to keep the others in good mood.

"I discovered Austin's talent as a musician a few weeks ago, after the whole labyrinth incident." Ryan replied as he put his drink next to his sandwich. "Though I'm his roommate, I don't know anything about him. I think he has opened up a bit to some of the other students that he thinks he could trust. But if he keeps doing this kind of stuff, he'll be lost forever to his other persona."

After saying this, Ryan felt a slight headache coming to him. This only meant one thing, the serum's effect would be reaching it's deadline at any moment.

Fantasy, Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Talia cocked an eyebrow at Lucas's words of wisdom. She was surprised that he seemed to be ever so slightly concerned about her. That, or he was just worried she'd slow them all down later without enough energy. Pondering this thought, she looked again at the selection. Her hand itching the scar moved for a moment to knead the dead weight in her stomach, while she turned her head away from the food in disgust. "I'm good thanks, something about half a dozen gun barrels being stuck in your face has ruined my appetite. I'll deal with the hunger" Talia was transported back to her days on the street, feeling that hollow, aching abyss where your stomach should be.

Now, instead the dread for what they would find of Austin twisted her stomach in knots, while a leaden weight clung to her shoulders. Talia watched Lucas as he fell back into the cushions, satisfied, and felt her anger swell to the surface. Why does he get to be so calm? Why does he get to feel nothing Talia's thoughts yelled into the emptiness of her head, something, anything to distract her from the gory scenes brewed by her imagination. It took her a few moments to notice she had gone back to scratching her hand, and in her anger had also drawn blood. A perfect bead grew, stretching along the scratch. By habit, the blood settled quickly and darkened into the usual scab. Talia also closed her eyes, and blew out a quiet, shaky breath.

Listening to the others talk about Austin made her feel even worse. Had the day not exhausted her of them already, Talia knew tears would be flowing relentlessly. Talia opened her eyes again and directed her gaze towards Lucas. Her anger caged for now, she spoke in a soft voice, working to keep a blush from her cheeks. "He told me a lot about Alice, since I look a lot like her. Apparently" she added as an afterthought, not wanting to seem overly confident of their relationship. This wasn't a competition.

"We've all seen him... in his other persona" Talia added after Ryan had finished speaking. For a moment the pain she had felt watching him that day flooded into her eyes like a tidal wave, then it was gone. "We've all seen him go through quite a bit, actually. Everyone's sort of seen the worst of everyone, to be honest." Talia kept her gaze focused on Lucas, not letting it stray to Ryan or the secret he held. "I'd say you learn a lot more about people from what they do, rather than what they tell you. But, maybe that's just a street rat mind set" Talia finished, her face thoughtful and oddly calm. She had zoned out staring at the floor, and once she realised this, moved her gaze to watch the rest of her class mates, being careful to avoid the food.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Lucas kept his arms crossed as both Ryan and Talia responded to him. "Though I'm his roommate, I don't know anything about him. I think he has opened up a bit to some of the other students that he thinks he could trust. But if he keeps doing this kind of stuff, he'll be lost forever to his other persona." Lucas would have rolled his eyes if they weren’t already shut. Instead, the boy merely offered a shrug. “I wouldn’t concern yourself with...his....’dark persona’, Austin’s been dark long before he got powers. If you think that this is some black and white, Austin’s joining the dark side shit, then you’re an idiot. Truth is, too many of you heroes deal in absolutes. The goody two shoes approach don’t work in places like this....here, a darker approach is required if you wanna get things done. You should worry less about Austin’s more savage side, and more about the hordes of gangs and organizations in this city who wouldn’t think twice about skinning you children alive. That is who Austin is pissing off after all...”

As Talia spoke, Lucas grew a little more sympathetic. "I'm good thanks, something about half a dozen gun barrels being stuck in your face has ruined my appetite. I'll deal with the hunger." As if he could read her mind, the boy replied cooly. “Ya get used to it. The shooting, the fighting, the war zone of a city, it’s all just a way of life. Honestly, I’ve become sort of numb to it,” Lucas opened his eyes only for a moment as he tossed an apple into Talia’s lap. “Appetite or not, force yourself to eat. If we do end up getting into a fight, I don’t want hunger getting in your way. This might be your only meal today. I’ve got the impression that Alonzo is gonna have some work for us...work that shouldn’t be done on an empty stomach.”

"He told me a lot about Alice, since I look a lot like her. Apparently.” Lucas nodded. “It’s like looking at a ghost, to be honest,” he said as he looked her over with a twinge of sad emotion threatening to break his poker face. “A spitting image...you could be sisters...” His voice trailed off. He did his best to fight off any emotions as he took a second to regain composure.

“As for learning more about someone through what they do instead of what they tell you...I agree. So, in the spirit of building some notion of ’trust’ between us on our little adventure to find Austin...let me get something out of the way, a disclaimer of sorts. I’m a killer...shot my first man at seven...killed my first man at eight...it was me or him, but I didn’t even flinch. I’m not what you would consider one of the good guys, nor do I ever see myself becoming one. If I have to kill again to find Austin, I will. No questions asked, and no mercy,” Lucas let his words sink in for a few moments before speaking again.

“We are getting close to the club. This could be the only time that we get to speak privately without being listened in on...so, if you have any questions for me at all...anything you want or need to know...now is your last chance.” Lucas eyed every student in the car and even eyed Evan. “Anything?"

The Invisible One
    Superhero; Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

"I have a question," Evan responded to Lucas. "Just how much can we trust you? Our goals of finding Austin are the same, but how long will it be until we are in your way? What if in order to get to Austin, you believe you must harm one of my students? You seem like an okay kid, but we have different limits for how far we will go, and I don't think I would be okay with you doing anything it takes to find Austin." Evan leaned towards Lucas, and got really serious. "If you decide that harming any of my students would help your agenda, I will know." Evan leaned back into his seat, eyes on the boy. He also concentrated on Lucas' thoughts, making sure to hear anything that would suggest betrayal.

October Member of the Month
    Anything that is Awesome
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Cat remained silent as she mulled over Lucas's words. Alanzo could know everything about them. That was disturbing, that's for sure. That meant that they had to be on their best behavior. Granted, it was probably better that they did end up surrendering. Cat certainly did not what a man like that after them. They wouldn't last long on the streets. Okay. Maybe Talia, but that's it. The rest of them had little to no experience to being on the streets, facing gangs. Better get on at least one's good side.

Then the topic turned back to Austin and how much they knew about him. Very little. That just about summed it up. Granted, they knew very little about everyone. Each of them barely knew each other and yet they've been through a lot together. Bonds forged in fire and all that. She sighed.

When Lucas said that they were getting close to the club, Cat nodded again. Maybe if she was lucky, she could catch a whiff of Austin. Unlikely, but there was a chance. "I'm going to assume that once Alonzo is done with us, we are as good as dead. If he's using Austin for his own goals, he's not just going to hand him over, no matter how many errands we have to do for him. We're better off doing things for Alonzo as a sort of cover for our own investigation. No one here will trust us, not even Lucas here. Sorry pal, but come on. It's obvious." she said to Lucas. "We find Austin, we try and convince him to come back to school. We'll use Talia against him if we have too." She looked over at her roommate. "That okay?"

Made by .Karmz. ! She is simply the best!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Lucas eyed Evan with a smirk. He looked...impressed? Even still, there was a darkness to his features that was not very comforting. “Well, well, well, look who’s asking the right kind of questions. The teacher wouldn’t need to read his thoughts. Lucas was prepared to be rather forthright. “You’re right. I will do whatever it takes to get Austin back, no questions asked. I know how important you must be to him if you came all this way though, so relax, it looks like we’re all on the same side...but, if it comes down to choosing between your students and Austin and the choice is in my hands...well, you know where my loyalty lies.” His eyes darted into Evan’s, not willing to be intimidated by the teacher’s serious demeanor nor his vague threat.

Lucas only tore his gaze away when Cat spoke up. He couldn’t help but chuckle a bit when she mentioned him not trusting them. “Fair enough,” he responded. He had to give her credit. Next to Alice’s twin, she was probably the most collected and prepared student in the situation. Where Talia had experienced the street life before, though, she was obviously unraveling over her worry. This Cat seemed more focused and more ready to handle their situation. “Sounds good to me...although its easier said than done. We may just have to play along until we get our opportunity. I doubt Alonzo’s just gonna put us all together....but hey, we can dream right?”

“Anything else?” This would be the last opportunity, the last call for questions or comments of any kind.

Fantasy, Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Talia listened to everyone talk, keeping her opinions to herself for now. They were right not to trust Lucas, but they all had to face the fact they had little to no choice for now. Certainly, Talia wouldn't have smacked Lucas over the head with a 20m pole under usual circumstances, but they quite frankly had no choice. It didn't exactly sit well with her. Talia was brought back to the present by Catherine turning to her. She seemed surprised, but a sort of determination lit fires in her eyes. Embarrassment reddened her cheeks slightly. "I guess, but should all that fail there's always force." She sighed, then continued almost to herself.

"Part of me thinks we're taking control, but he isn't in control of himself, I don't think. Someone has to be..." She frowned gently as her words drifted off, as if she disapproved of her own brain's thoughts, but her face brightened as she knocked her hand against the apple in her lap. She gripped it in her hand and raised it to her shirt to clean it, stopping short. Again she frowned, half a grimace, and mutttered "actually, we've been in some pretty dirty places today..." She pulled the apple away and took a bite out of it instead. After swallowing it, she continued a half smile playing on her lips "and that's coming from a streetrat"

She listened to Lucas continue, voicing his thoughts about Alonzo's plans for them."It makes sense, to both keep us apart and group like skill sets together. If only we had some fancy telepathic network... or something. Ear pieces, even. Guess we'll just have to think on our feet, since we all have one goal in mind it can't be that hard to work towards it separately." She paused for a moment, mulling her words over in her head. "Actually scratch that, this is probably going to be our hardest mission yet." Sighing gently, she turned her attention back to finishing her apple and keeping herself together. She hoped once they were moving, once they were out of this cramped cell on wheels she'd be able to calm herself down and focus. She hoped.

Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 146263646566 LastLast