Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 1234553 ... LastLast

Thread: The Academy of Superheroes (IC) (PG-13)

Second to the right and straight on 'til morning.
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi, fantasy and mystical wonderful stuffs!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"Ok, that's cool, I like having free time! I'm sure we're going to busy for the rest of the term anyway!" she chuckled to herself, adjusting her bed and standing up, "Yes, cafeteria sounds good... I hope they have pasta. Or French food. We have the best food... I hope we don't get in trouble, I mean, it's only 10:45 ish?" she walked over to the door, looking down at the piece of paper which was still in her hands, "I am hungry... But we could always go and visit our fellow new students first? Get to know each other, we're going to be working together after all!" She suddenly remembered something and turned back to her desk, picking up a small charm bracelet and fastening it around her wrist. "There! All set!" she said and walked out of the room into the corridor, beckoning Abby to follow her. 'There must be so many stories here... It's very well furbished... Abby seems nervous about something...'

Fantasy, Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Talia followed Catherine with little hesitation but kept a fair distance between them through the halls. On arriving in the room Talia had no problem rolling her suitcase to the right side, it was her preferred side after all. Talia was slightly taken aback when Catherine's mood changed suddenly and she announced her "rules". "Sounds fine to me, as long as you follow them, vice versa, for me" Talia replied softly admiring their room and already beginning to organise her belongings into the various dressers and drawers on her side. "I can control my blood." Talia replied rather bluntly at the question. "I mean... I could give you a demonstration or..." her words faded away. She had no problem showing off her power, in many ways she was very proud of it. But following rule one, she decided to ask before flaunting her own bodily fluids at Catherine. Talia tossed a small black drawstring bag onto her bed, watching it fall and listening to the clashing sounds from within. When her things were packed away she sat on her bed and retrieved an 8 point engraved ninja star and began spinning it through her fingers, giving it the occasional toss. "And you?" Talia asked keeping her eyes on the spinning star. "What have you been....Blessed with?" Talia paused choosing the word blessed carefully. She knew full well not everyone would be as accepting of her own gift as she was.

The Invisible One
    Superhero; Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

"I doubt We'll get in trouble." Abby stated as she followed Janette to the hall. "And besides, maybe some of our fellow students have the same idea of going to the cafeteria too. And we don't know where they would be anyways, so I think going to the Cafeteria would be our best bet." While Abby spoke she lead them to the cafeteria, supposing that they could at least go there on the way. When they reached the cafeteria it was noticeable that even though it wasn't actually time for lunch yet, there was still some students sitting down at the many tables. "Now, lets see..." Abby said to herself as she looked around the cafeteria to see if she recognized anyone. "Oh, hey!" She said, as she pointed to a table in the back. "Wasn't that boy in the back in the tour?" Before she could get an answer, Abby ran off to the table she pointed to, without knowing if Janette would follow. "Hi, I'm Abby." She said, offering a handshake. "Were you one of the new students from today? I think I remember seeing you." Abby wanted to meet all the students that she was supposed to one day be in a group with. Maybe it would keep her mind off her destructive powers.

October Member of the Month
    Anything that is Awesome
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Catherine starts to put her belongings away as she listens to Talia. Raising an eyebrow at the whole blood manipulating thing. Then Talia asked what her gifts were. "I have... Enhanced senses. I'm sort of like... A human version of a wolf or like a panther or something." She extended her claws, showing them to Talia. "Look. The reason I have rules is because I have an .... Anger problem I guess you could classify it as. Bloodlust sort of when I let 'the beast within' out. I go crazy basically when I'm mad. Don't worry, I follow my own rules." She looks at Talia. "That's why I'm here. To sort of control the rages."

January Member of the Month
    Sci-Fi, Dystopian, Superhero Stuff, Fantasy, lots of fandoms
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Austin took a bite of his food. He was content, it wasn’t that bad as far as cafeteria food goes. It was better than anything that he had eaten in a long while, that much was for sure. He was finally starting to feel at ease with his surroundings. As the cafeteria around him was become more crowded, he was comfortable in solace on his own little island. He took a sip of water and looked down at his iPod. He gave a frustrated sigh as he noticed the battery was almost dead. He had been using it ever since he boarded the bus, so it wasn’t much of a surprise. Still, it couldn’t save him from human interaction forever. He put his iPod and earbuds in his pocket.

Austin watched as a tiny girl dashed his way. He knew as soon as he saw her that ignoring her wouldn’t be an option. She wasn’t like his roommate. She was far more extroverted an bubbly in nature....this was going to be a drag. He watched as she introduced herself to him. He wasn’t sure what to say or do as he fumbled his way through what would undoubtedly be an awkward exchange. “I..um..err...hi?” It was obvious from his voice that he was confused. He didn’t understand how some people could be so outgoing. He carefully extended his gloved hand out to Abby. He shook her hand taking extra precaution not to touch her with any part of his skin. He lifted his hood covered head to look at the girl. The hood completely covered his face leaving only his emerald green eyes visible to the girl. “I’m Austin...and yeah...I was...” he said. He looked to the empty seats at the table. “You can sit, if you want?” He offered. His voice was soft, but he made sure that he was audible. He was surprised that he wasn’t completely bombing socially. He was actually not doing too bad. Still, he felt really awkward. He was blushing underneath the hood.

Second to the right and straight on 'til morning.
    Sci-fi, fantasy and mystical wonderful stuffs!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Janette stared at the boy and nodded, "I believe he was! I mean, I wasn't really paying attention but I think he was." she replied before noticing Abby was gone, "Hey wait up!" she called out before running over to Abby and nodding as if she knew what was going on. "I'm Janette, I think I remember seeing you too!" she grinned and sat down next to him, "Is the food here any good? I'm starving..." she said before standing and running over, grabbing a tray and plate and filling it up with fruit before coming back and sitting down once again, "Brain food..." she whispered to herself, eating a handful of grapes. "Excuse me for asking, but why are you wearing gloves? It's very warm, not France warm, but still warm!" she gently tapped his gloved hand and then withdrew as if something bad was going to happen, "And why are you scared?"

The Invisible One
    Superhero; Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Abby accepted the offer of sitting at the table. She watched as Janette sat down and got back up to get herself some food. Abby felt hungry, but she could get some food later. She really just wanted to get to know her fellow students. She was glad she was right about Austin being one of the new students; If he wasn't that might have been awkward. "You shouldn't wear your hood all the time, you have nice eyes." Abby said, before Janette returned with her food and questions. "Maybe he just likes gloves." Abby commented to Janette's questions for Austin. 'I suppose it could be something to do with his powers...' Abby knew there was a bunch of different powers out there that could be possible to have, and maybe some of them required you to wear gloves.
    Last edited by InfraredHero; 11-01-2014 at 02:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mackenzie continued unpacking her things as Romi told her about her power, and went off to go get lunch. "Wait up!" She said teasingly, leaving her half-unpacked duffel bag on her bed and ran to catch up. As she caught up with Romi, she made an effort to at least keep pace with her. "That's really cool!" She said, following her roommate to the cafeteria as she had little idea where it was, even though Mr. Cortez gave them a tour. "Your power, I mean."

The cafeteria was bustling with several people. Kind of early for lunch, but maybe that's just how they rolled. She looked around and recognized a few faces; the guy with the hoodie and iPod, although he wasn't listening to music--which seemed weird and out of place to her. Their were two girls who were also at his table, who Mackenzie also recognized. Maybe they were the social type after all. She went to go and get some food, because that's what a cafeteria was for, right? She looked at Romi, "So are we gonna sit together or are you too cool to sit with someone?" She smiled, this time it was actually genuine. She glanced around the cafeteria again and seen a guy who was sitting alone, "You wanna sit with that guy? I think his name is Viktor...maybe." She remembered his name because he was the only one without a roommate. How lonely.
    Last edited by emm; 11-01-2014 at 01:02 AM.

Fantasy, Scifi, futuristic, superpowers, some romance, just about anything if it has a good story
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Snapped out of his daydream, Viktor blinked his eyes rapidly and turned his attention to the young man who had just sat down at his table, sitting across from Viktor and introducing himself as Ben. The young Russian was surprised that anyone had sat down. The look of surprise still on his face, he quickly regathered himself and managed a courteous smile. "Hi... i'm Viktor," he said, his accent thick but understandable. He didn't have to invite Ben to sit, he'd done that already. So instead he awkwardly looked about the room, unsure of what to say when he spied a pair of girls, one of which was looking in his direction. On her lips he read his name, a trait he'd picked up while trying to learn the English language. He had memorized the way his name looked on a person's lips so he would always know when he was being spoken to.

He waved, awkwardly again, then turned back to Ben, gazing at his plate of food. He realized then that in the process of finding a seat, he'd neglected to grab anything to eat. 'Too late... now you will just look stupid and impolite if you go...' he thought to himself. 'Say something, stupid!' Shaking his head slightly, he spoke up with the dumbest thing he could think to ask.

"So where are you from?"

January Member of the Month
    Sci-Fi, Dystopian, Superhero Stuff, Fantasy, lots of fandoms
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Austin was conflicted. He felt overwhelmed by his company, but he also wished that he could be like them. They seemed...happy? Hmm, maybe they weren’t so bad after all....maybe friends weren’t so bad after all. Still, he would need to get acclimated to their more outgoing personalities. He watched as Janette left while Abby took her seat. He felt so uneasy and unlike himself being around people...especially friendly people trying to get to know him. He blushed deeper when Abby complimented his eyes. Rather than focus on the compliment, he ignored it. “I can’t...I need the hood....” he said.

Austin nervously watched Janette return and start to poke at his gloves. She asked why he wore them. He frowned sadly not sure of the answer he would give to her question. He started to laugh it off, but he was saved by Abby answering for him. So, Janette’s from France, eh? He noted in his mind. She threw him off when she asked her next question.

“How do you know that I’m scared, Janette?” He asked. He deduced his own answer almost immediately. “That’s your power, isn’t it? Well, I’m scared for a lot of reasons,” He finished. He seriously doubted that his answer would satisfy her. It wasn’t much, but he didn’t plan on telling her that he was absolutely terrified of accidentally killing someone with his powers either.

“So, what can you do?” He asked the girls. He hoped that he could redirect the questions back on them. He just hoped they would take the bait and get him off the hook.

Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 1234553 ... LastLast