What part am I even on anymore?!

------------

I should have ran.
Now it was too late and the man with the huge axe in a dark robe was nearing closer to me. He had put some sort of spell on me to where I could only move a few inches before I was stopped by an invisible wall. I tried to smash my way out, but I wasn’t strong enough. Then the box started to move, lifting me into the air and taking me along for the ride. Whoever this man was, who they called the punisher, he meant business. I could only hope that Nat would be able to save me. So I was pretty much doomed.
“How does it feel to know your time on this planet is coming to an end?” the main guy asked as he walked beside my little invisible hell. I tried to spit in his face, but my saliva only slid down the clear box around me. “Funny, you actually thought that would work,”
I tried to speak, but I was sure he couldn’t hear it. I was meant to be boxed out as most of the men who attacked me made sure to keep their line of sight away from me. I didn’t know how to get out of this one. I knew using the power of the snake rattle wouldn’t be able to help in this situation nor would a staff. My only guess was that I had two options; take out the punisher and thus breaking the spell or find a way to break it from the outside.
I pulled out the red flute I was given earlier. From what Nat told me it had helped Piper on many adventures. I didn’t know how to use it, but from what she described all I had to do was attempt a song and my fingers would know how to play it. I started thinking back to the different ones she described to me. I think I knew one that could summon a very powerful demon so I tried to play that one.
I mustn’t have known what I was doing because things didn’t go according to plan. I watched the small blue musical notes come out of the flute, fading through the clear box around me and into the air. Right above me a small grey cloud appeared as it started to pour down with a rainstorm. I wasn’t getting wet as the mysterious aura around me was keeping me safe. This wasn’t going to help me at all… the ability to make it rain might come in handy at a later time, but not now.
I watched, while floating in the transparent box, as they took me all the way to the end of the burnt trees, to a red river that seemed very, very deep. The box started to float over the river before the punisher waved goodbye and the box plummeted under the water. It went so far down that I felt anchored. Like, they left me here to die. These glass walls wouldn’t hold up forever… I needed a way out.
I looked back to the flute in my hands trying to imagine a different song that Nat or Nancy would have mentioned. I thought of one that would help me out of this situation , but would be tricky to pull off. I played the song, a very peaceful tune that made me a little sleepy, and then scurrying across the sea floor came a herd of rats, likely in the thousands, running smack first into the glass walls causing them to shatter around me.
The second my skin touched the water I was in intense pain. It was like the water was made of fire. I felt a burning sensation that forced me to swim up as fast as possible. Before I could though I noticed a faint glow coming from a little underneath me. I dove for it despite the agony I was in, grabbing it, and then swimming to the surface. By time I made it to shore my arms were completely red unlike their usual pale self. I then looked to what was in my hands and it was a shark tooth tied to a chain. I slipped it into my backpack.
I was happy that I had survived this predicament, but upon turning around found myself staring at a small army, about ten to fifteen goons, surrounding me with the Punisher looking at me with his fierce eyes. They sure didn’t look happy that I had lived through this battle. Something else bothered me… I wasn’t wet. I was as dry as I was when inside the box. I didn’t see how that was possible, but… my attention was taken back to the villains around who all raised their spear like weapons.
“Hey guys…” I started, “How about we forget this whole thing?”
The Punisher raised his axe above my head like he was about to chop my body into pieces. I was pretty sure I couldn’t die, but that didn’t mean I wanted to try. I didn’t have time to think so I started to play on my flute once more. This time the sound was horrendous, like a shrilling set of screams that made me fear my ears would bleed. To my disbelief all the enemies around me fell to the ground, even the punisher fell to his knees begging for it to stop. So I stopped.
“Which direction can I find Pip?” I asked and he pointed more south, “Good, good. Then you won’t mind if I’ll just be on my way. Oh, and if you hunt me or my friends down or try any of your magic stuffs again I’ll play this song until your brain explodes. Got it?” he shook his head, “Cool,”
I started on my way. I wanted to thank that store keeper for giving me such a good deal on the rattle and for helping me learn how to use the starfish gem more easily. I was a little happy that I was able to ditch Nat, though I doubted it would be the last time I saw her. Next up on my to-do list was to take on the boss, Pip, get the crystal and be able to switch back into my true body. I had to admit it was fun being the Pied Piper for a while and I needed to do whatever it took to get more crystals. Even if that meant switching with Piper on multiple occasions. I moved forward swiftly trying to reach my destination as soon as possible.