Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (November) Prompt #2 - Glass Walls

The black Cat
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Default (November) Prompt #2 - Glass Walls

The second prompt of November is the phrase, Glass Walls.

Spoiler: Looking for a Roleplay? 

Spoiler: I'm the cat who got the cream. 

The black Cat
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

If you have any questions about how to participate in this event, please visit the rules thread or PM me.

Happy writing!

Spoiler: Looking for a Roleplay? 

Spoiler: I'm the cat who got the cream. 

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    All of them, simultaneously
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

This is apparently what happens when I stay up too late and I've been watching far too much Fringe and Blacklist.

Spoiler: Entry One 

A tea sipping, biscuit eating tyrant.
    Set Shop! | Interrogate the Not So Newbie | My Second Home

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I can't for the life of me figure out the spoilers.......

She stood, motionless, staring at the figure in front of her. Slowly, she reached out her hand, and brushed it against the cool surface. "Stop that, you'll leave smudges." The man she knew as her father snapped, not even looking at her.
    Immediately, she drew her hand back, still looking at the glass. The man sighed. "Stop staring at the mirror and do something productive." He said, annoyance Laing his voice. She nodded once, darting out of the room. She hopped down the stairs, and nearly bumped into her mother. A small smile made its way to her face. "Hello Mama." She said softly. Her mother smiled back. "Hello Issy, are you being a good girl?" She asked. The child nodded. "Uh huh. I'm going outside to play." She said, then walked away from her mother, who continued up the stairs holding a tray, probably taking some food to her father.
    The child reached upwards, and opened the door carefully, closing it quietly as she walked through it. She turned, smiling at the back yard she had stepped into.
    She padded through the grass, smiling as the tiny blades tickled her bare feet. A breeze drifted through the garden, ruffling her hair pleasantly. Ducking through some bushes, and moving branches aside, she made her way deeper into the garden, until she reached a pond near a large hedge.
    "Silver? Are you there?" She called softly. There was a rustle, and a head popped through the hedge. He grinned. "Course I am!" He said cheerfully, coming completely from hedge. The girl smiled slightly. "Come on, lets go do something. " she said quietly, reaching a hand out to help him up from the ground. He grinned, then grabbed her hand. Instead of helping himself up, he pulled her down next to him. She squeaked slightly, and he laughed. He rolled over onto his back, and simply looked upwards. "How 'bout looking at the sky while talking?" He asked. She smiled, and nodded once. "Okay." She said softly.
    They watched the clouds drift across the sky, great fluffy puffs of white in the clear blue sky. "So, how've you been?" He asked her. She shrugged slightly. "Same as usual." She spoke, not elaborating on her life. He huffed slightly. "I've been stuck in the village. Moms getting worse when it comes to me, and the elders are teaching me what she can't." He said. She smiled. "At least your life is a little interesting." She said, more than a little wistful. He chuckled slightly. "Hey, I'd prefer to be in your situation than mine." She looked a little sad. "At least you're learning. I'm stuck in the house, and can't do anything. Father won't allow me." She said softly. Silver sighed. "True. We should stop talking about this, shouldn't we?" He asked. She shrugged. "So, how's Dread? Feeling better?" She asked. The boys face lit up. "Much! He's able to walk again, and spends a lot of time limping around after me. Mom says I might even be able to keep him!" He said enthusiastically. She smiled. "So, the little fox is getting better. That's good to hear." He grinned. "I'd totally bring him, but they'd figure it out sooner or later." Issy smiled. "It's okay, I get to hear about him, don't I?" He sat up, and shook his head. "But, you can't see him! And you can only rely on my description of him to know how adorable he is!" He said adamantly. She sat up, laughing softly. "And that's enough for me. Come on." She said, and stood. Grumbling slightly, he did the same, and followed her to a mossy stone bench near the pond. She picked up a pebble, and threw it, watching the ripples spread, and eventually fade. Silver brought out a small pouch from his cloak, and held it out to her. "Here." He said. She blinked, then opened it. A small smile came to her face. "It's so pretty...." She whispered. He shrugged. "Hey, you can't do anything in that house, so I figured you should have something to look at at the very least." She smiled, carefully pocketing the black drawstring bag. The she stood , and knelt by the water. He blinked, then sat next to her. They stared at the reflection of the sky, trees, birds, and themselves. "Issy, you said a while ago you keep getting trouble with your dad. Why?" He asked softly. She sighed. "I mess up a lot. Most recent is for smudging a mirror." He stared at her, then shook his head. "One, the guy sounds like a jerk. Two, what is it with you and reflections?" He asked. She smiled slightly, and reached her hand towards the ponds surface. "Because I like to imagine that I'm looking through the mirror to another place, where there's another girl looking back at me at the exact same time. She could be anyone, she can be happy with a loving family, or she can be tough, and doesn't care about her parents. Or she can be a sweet little girl who everyone adores. The only similarities is that she looks like me. I like to think we live in two separate worlds, but we can still catch glimpses of the other through a reflection. We think its just our world looking back at us, but it would be nice if it weren't." He looked at her, then let out a tiny huff of air. "Then how do you explain how we can't go through a mirror, of the ripples in the pond." She smiled, then tapped the surface, blurring the image of themselves. "Simple. Our worlds are separated by thin glass walls. We can look through, but breaking it means destroying the connection." He looked at her, then at the pond. "I never thought of it that way...." He said quietly. Se laughed. "No one does. That's why I'm convinced its true Silver. After all, the best way to hide something, is to put it in plain sight." He looked at the clearing surface of the pond, and at their reflections. He frowned at the image. Issy wasn't looking at the pond, yet her reflection was. The reflection waved at him, smiling. He jolted back as the other Silver reached out, and the pond rippled beneath the surface. "Glass walls.... See through, yet solid...." He whispered. She stood, and helped him to his feet. "Lets go play." She said, smiling slightly. He nodded once, and they began to chase each other around the garden.
    If the had stayed, they would've noticed the two reflections had stayed there, talking to each other and laughing as 'Silver' conjured a little glass cube, which showed two children running in a garden. "Can I touch it? It won't affect them, right?" The girl asked. He shook his head. "It's separated by the walls of the prism. They won't feel a thing." The girl smiled. "Like that other one was saying about our worlds being separated by a glass wall, right?" He nodded. "Yup. I'm surprised she managed to find that out." She laughed. "Well, we did. I'm surprised no one else has seen it. Especially adults." The boy laughed. "Liz, they don't have the imagination to think that." She nodded. "And the people here think that we are crazy Gen. For disobeying and acting on our own instead of being good little reflections."

romance, poetry, fantasy, fiction, mystery
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Hearts Surrounded by Glass Walls

Spoiler: Prompt #1 

Ketchup Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

LUCI WE SHOULD BRING THESE PROMPTS BACK!

Romance, Mystery, Fantasy, Western...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes this would be really cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd love to have these brought back! Very cool!
    just a dork

if home is where the heart is, then we're all just fucked

check me out at di-semiantisocial on tumblr

3Spooky5U
    Science Fiction/Slice of Life/Fandom
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Griffin / Gumbo / Gambit / Griff

Ketchup Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Good news everyone! We are bringing them back! Stay tuned for July's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast