Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [OOC/Recruiting] Hotel For Homeless Haunts [PG-13]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default [OOC/Recruiting] Hotel For Homeless Haunts [PG-13]

This RP is rated PG-13 and will operate to the exact allowable limit of such rating

My computer isn't that good, so I would need a lot of self-regulation when it comes to enforcing the policies of this specific RP. It is currently a working title (the most descriptive possible for recruiting purposes) I am open to suggestions for a better title, once we get the plot rolling.

With the passing of All Hallow's Eve and All Souls Day, I thought it was fit to do a ghost themed RP. I wish to put a realistic spin on it, therefore it only fits barely within the genre of fantasy. The setting is a hostel which is operated by my PC to care for the down and out. Unknown to her, or many others there, they are no longer part of the world of the living. The homeless haunts have all been exercised (or "evicted", according to them).

Spoiler: The Code Of The Spirits 

Since the point of this RP is "never to discount the supernatural", I will allow for the existence of other beings, however there are limits. Please note that these beings are not the focus of this RP and since the ghosts see themselves as

Spoiler: Other Beings 

There are three types of hauntings:
    Spoiler: Types of Hauntings 

There is one more thing to be aware with. Once a spirit reaches awareness of their condition, they can participate in an act more intimate than sexuality called "the communion of the spirits". Whereas sex is body within body, this communion is soul within soul. It is treated with an even higher reverence than sexuality itself. It can happen between two spirits or a spirit and a willing living human. If a spirit manages to reenter the world of the living after experiencing this connection, their view of sexuality will be guaranteed to change:

Spoiler: Responses to The Communion of the Spirits 

Character Sheet, player character, greater setting detail and plot elements to follow in my next post. Expect a very detailed character sheet (as one's life dictates one's after life). Human and ghost characters are both allowed, but remember that the veil between the two worlds do not lift too high or too often.
    Last edited by 9 Tailed Kitsune; 11-04-2014 at 03:56 AM.
    I am human, version II.

The Froggiest
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)

Hello there, it looks like you’re off to an amazing start! Here are a few links that will help you get your game noticed! Have fun and happy RPing!

The Banner shop is a great place to ask someone to make a graphic for your RPotW submission!

The Roleplaying Games Directory is full of interesting roleplays, why not put yours there too!

Wanna know what's up with all the Staff Siggies?

The RPA Tribune is full of entertainment, why not submit your roleplay to be featured?

Good luck!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you, it is my first big RP in about 6 months (I am still semi on hiatus)

The setting is Kingston, Ontario -- Present Day (or whatever era your character sees). I chose this because it has the most to be haunted. The Jail, the School, the Mental Hospital, the Fort... there is such a rich history there that I cannot pass it up.

Plot is open ended to start, conflict will rise based on the cast. I will start nudging the plot as soon as character and setting has been established in the IC thread.

The majority of the character sheet applies to ghosts, most can be omitted if you are not playing a spiritual being.

The Character Sheet:

Spoiler: Character Sheet 

Here is my character --

Spoiler: Bridget O'Donnell 

A few other things:

Spoiler: A note to anime fans 
    Last edited by 9 Tailed Kitsune; 11-04-2014 at 09:08 PM.
    I am human, version II.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey, this seems like a great roleplay. I prefer smaller roleplays anyways, so I hope I can get accepted into this one. : )

Spoiler: My character 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Throw up a character and you are in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My character's under the spoiler alert, I filled in the Character sheet :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mobile cannot open spoilers... can you pm me that content without the wrapping?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can't PM, I still got newbie-privilages... But here:

Name: Amelie Von Grimmelshausen
    Race: Ghost
    Appearance: Quite attractive, with long auburn hair tied into a bun at the nape of her neck. She has small shoulders, her bosom a bit on the small side, with a narrow waist and large hips. Her eyes still sparkle their green hue, and her alabaster skin is dotted with small freckles, covering her nose and cheeks in the highest concentrations. She wears a modest black dress, the sleeves pushed up, so you can see her strong, muscular forearms. She has a very faint smile, though her eyes look simple melancholy.
    Birth date/Death date: January 13th, 1610 - August 3rd, 1629.
    Current age or age at death: 19.
    Religion: Formerly Protestant.
    Biography when alive: "A week ago a maiden of nineteen was executed, of whom it is everywhere said that she was the fairest in the whole city, and was held by everybody a girl of singular modesty and purity. " Amelie was a young women, who was pious and chaste, her devotion to her religion well known throughout her town of Würzburg. She was a protestant, And when the young suitors of the village would fawn over her she'd simply walk on her way. She was devoted to her dying father, saying she would not marry until he had passed on. She took care of the farm, did the daily chores, and even went to go do her father's business in town. It was then when she was accused by one of the "witches" that were burned, and while walking to the well she was seized and thrown into a cellar to await "trial".. Not surprisingly, she was found guilty of witchcraft like all the rest before her and sentenced to be burned at the stake. When led to her pyre, she did not accuse any others like many of her fellow "witches".. instead, she started to recite the 23d Psalm, and as she was burned she kept repeating it until she was too burnt to speak, dying in a most horrific and undeserved way.
    Cause of death: (Sorry, kinda explained this in her biography :P)
    Biography once dead: Following her death, she suddenly noticed her floating out of her body. She thought she was being raptured, that her life of devotion to God and her father was finally realized. Instead, she found herself stuck in place, unable to float any further from the Marienkapelle church, in front of which the burning had took place. Angry, she stormed into the church and in her first real moment of wickedness, started to rip up the many bibles found in the church. She threw paint onto the pews, lobbed rocks at the windows. She continued to haunt the Church for 6 years, until she was exorcised by a Priest who wished rest for her soul. But there was no rest for her spirit now.. She slowly floated the next few days, unaware of where her body was taking her. She half-wished she was on her way to heaven, but she had little faith in her religion now. She found herself in this Hostel, and rang the bell on the register. "Where am I?" She asked. "Home." replied a gentle, warm voice.
    Type of haunt: (Person, place, thing): Previously Place, now confined to the property of the Hostel.
    Who/where/what?: The Church Of Our Lady, a church in Würzburg, Germany.
    Unatoned sin/One dying wish: To have married, raised a family and had many children and grandchildren.
    Aware of death?: (Y/N, most will be N) Y
    Benevolent or Malevolent Spirit?: (each has their perks and drawbacks) Originally was Malevolent when in the church, but has once again become her Benevolent self upon entering the Hostel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome aboard! I am concerned with you being new, as new users do not have staying power. Do you promise to follow through on this rp until your character's natural end?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I will, yes. When I get my full powers, I will send you a message as far as if I will be unable to post for any period of time; I used to go on a site called Chatango so it was more instant than forum chats but I've been role playing my entire life, and there's never been anything in my life more constant. Besides, I want to be able to customize my profile so I want to post as much as possible :P Is there a way to pin this thread to my account so I don't have to hunt for it everytime? I'm on a public computer atm, so can't really bookmark it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast