Page 1 of 34 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Dead Space - Enlightenment [OOC]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Gaming, Mature, sci-fi, horror, fantasy, mystery, supernatural
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default [M] Dead Space - Enlightenment [OOC]

Are you a fan of Dead Space? Then how you would like to participate in a Dead Space roleplay? You don’t have to be one of those fans who has played all the games and seen everything from the franchise but it is highly recommended to have enough knowledge of the Dead Space series. This is set between Dead Space 2 & 3 and will involve spoilers after all. I guess this could be considered AU because this will not crossover with the main game’s story that involves Isaac Clarke. Either way, feel free to ask questions to clarify any inquires you have. If it helps, here is a link to the Dead Space wiki and there will be additional links below.
    This is my very first GM RP and I am also new to roleplaying so I hope this is okay. I'm not really good at being a 'leader' so if you would like to Co GM, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible

Banner made by Kris

PLOT:
    Spoiler:  

Characters
    EarthGov
    Erin Carter - myself
    Doctor Carls Johnson McCarthy III - Avalon Hoef
    Kenneth Horatio Bartlett - Avalon Hoef
    Nathan Saffron - Jarms48
    Unitologists
    Professor Frederick James Holt - Clyde
    Walter Wight - Clyde
    Gulian M. Birkin - Ace of Knaves

RULES AND NOTES:
    Spoiler:  

LOCATIONS:
    Spoiler:  

ITEMS, WEAPONS, ETC.
    Spoiler:  

CHARACTER SHEET:
    Spoiler:  
    Last edited by DistantRain; 02-16-2015 at 09:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My own character:

Name – Erin Carter
    Age – 23
    Date of Birth – 2490, January 16th
    Gender – Female
    Appearance – Born with complete heterochromia eyes (left green, right brown), straight mid-brown hair reaching down to her shoulder blades, ears pierced twice with silver studs plus a helix clip on each ear and small double brow rings at the end of her left eyebrow.
    Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  

Sexual Orientation – Heterosexual
    Religion – Atheist (former Unitologist)
    Occupation – Medic of EarthGov
    Weapons – A Divet pistol and gradually a Seeker Rifle
    Rig Suit (if needed) – Triage Suit, colours altered to match her medic uniform.
    Untitled-2 copy.jpg
    Personality – A calm, mature and collected woman who has a strong will. The past is still in the back of her mind but she taught herself to pull through alone. Erin deals with her work in a professional manner yet can keep things light-hearted with her charming persona, even with her most difficult patients. She is generally easy to get along with. However, she will easily put her foot down and be firm to diffuse conflict. She won’t hesitate to speak her mind but when it comes to speaking to a Unitologist about Unitology, she will keep her comments to herself unless that person takes the conversation too far. Her emotions can sometimes get the better of her when pushed to the edge.

Erin is not a violent person but when she is suddenly thrown into a world of a nightmarish hell, she will discover there is more of a fighter in her than she'll realize.

History -
    Born on the planet Earth into a family of Unitologists. At 17, she and her twin brother Aiden stayed behind at home while their mother and father were away, working on the Aegis VII Colony. Yet one day, they were contacted by the Ishimura with tragic news: their parents were a part of a group of Unitologists that committed suicide together at a public gathering. They were waiting for further news with the promise of having the bodies be brought home for a funeral but never heard anything else after that single call. Hurt and heartbroken, she renounced her faith and her relatives argued with her many times ‘til the point they disowned her for her outbursts against the religion.

She was sent away to a boarding school all the way in the Europa Station and lived there until she graduated, moving onto Medical School afterwards. On the day she arrived on the Europa, she had her last name changed from Fallon to Carter. All she has left of her life on Earth is a precious item she likes to keep close to her.

Erin is now working as a Medic in an EarthGov facility. She worked for a year in a hospital from the public sector yet when issues began to rise, she was transferred to the government sector and has been there for seven months. After the Titan was destroyed, she heard on the news that the Ishimura had been found. It shocked her beyond belief, even more so knowing she would probably never learn the truth about the Union Square Mass Suicide.

Extra info -
    Spoiler:  

Erin's main theme:
    Last edited by DistantRain; 03-21-2015 at 10:34 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

I'd love to fucking join this, DEADSPACE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Feel free to join. Everyone is welcome

Giga Onion
    Give me an Idea and I'll see what I can do
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I'll have my eye out for this one..

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Name: Professor Frederick James Holt

Date of Birth: October 28th

Appearance:
    It was to dark to tell, but you swore that perhaps there was someone walking up to you. In the dim light of your plasma cutter there was a man, yes a man walking your way. He wore a blank and neutral expression all though it was the state of his appearance that had you unnerve. Even now in the darkest form of the pitch, black, cold you could see his skin slithering with the scars of burns. His skin was so ghostly pale you could have mistaken him for slipping out of the morgue. He seemed to be wearing the pieces of an old lab uniform and walk around barefoot. How could this man not feel the chill in the air? How was he still living without a rig suit? He continued to walk calmly, slowly towards you. Should you shoot him? Then again he was another survivor. Though he seemed to be bathing in the malice scented hallway. He stood about 5'4" an has sharp intense eyes that seem to look directly into your soul.
    Exactly like Images

Spoiler: Emerging from Dark Miasma 

Spoiler: Look into these Eyes of the Gifted 

Sexual Orientation: Asexual- I do not find the human find the human form lithe and baring fruit. For the human body is weak in comparison to the next stage of humanity.

Religion: Uintology

Weapons of Choice: Scalpel, which he keeps in the pocket of his lab coat, Empty syringe

Rig Suit: NA

Personality:
    Holt was a brilliant mind they say, typical genius, with above average intelligence born in a world that would truly never understand his gifts nor his talents. His powerful skills of deduction and science were what made Holt one of the few truly gifted individuals. He was a quick learner, smart, and a very involved man in the next wave of science. Many people would have praised a man like Holt. A man like Holt was a rare gem in the centuries.

Though Holt's mind began to deteriorate, the intelligent man became a fanatic man. It was a slow and grueling process of mental deterioration over time. It was due to Holt's influence with the Marker. He was working on a few patients who had gotten into contact with said Marker. Holt being a firm man of science couldn't believe in such things that Uintology tolerated and taught. It was ironic that when this man saw the Marker his mind too begun to rot like all greats mind before him.

Powerful hallucinations and delusions of grandeur crippled Holt, eventually becoming the man you see today. An intelligent man, but a fanatic man. He upholds the faith of Uintology with a kind of faith you get once in a life time. His smarts are still there, but any sense of reality has all faded from his mind. He is not a logical man, a patient man, but not a logical man. He is a man of faith, a man of fantasies that he has succumb to. Whomever this man was when he was praised and worship for his science is all, but gone.

Now you have a raving, stark man. Who speaks the ilk of the Marker. A man others revere for his intelligence and diligence to his faith. A faithful extremist, who is cruel, sadistic, but patient. He is quite patient.

Very few things he has a keepsakes from his former life. Other than the joys of literature, often sometimes quoting famous literary quotes to make a point. Or the joys of playing a musical instruments, he can hold a note pretty well still. What he cannot accept is those who deny the future and those who deny the truth. What he cannot tolerate are those who fight the unnerving truth.

He suffers from crippling hallucinations, all though he sees them as visions. And suffers from nerve damage due most of his body being covered in burn scars.

He enjoys the taste of bitter tea, and enjoys musing others with radical ideas. He hopes some day he convert those unfaithful into believing the visions spoken to him.

History:

He had the skills of a skilled surgeon they say. He was born gifted, intelligent, and brilliant they say. He was a gift from God to them, says his parents. He was born October 28th, 2485 to a Kenneth Holt and Elaine Holt. His father was in the medical profession ever since he was young. While his mother was a scientific journalist, simply she reviewed and interviewed many of the greatest minds in the history of science.

Much of his history, the feelings of it, specific, initial events are all, but gone. Like someone taking a flame to a photograph. He could try to remember, but the pieces never seem to quite go together.

He went to the top high school, his father wouldn't settle for any less. He went to the top college, his father would only settle for the best. Where he showed great intelligence and brilliance in the medical field. He was taken under the wing of his father for his internship, but quickly excelled his master.

He praised for ground breaking advances in simplifying techniques already used as standard practice. He was praised for his intelligence and his brilliance. He was revered for his care and unique take on old methods.

Of course none of that is known about this young star who could have risen to the ranks as one of the greats. None of that will ever be talked about when they say his name.

When the Marker was discovered and patients were beginning to experience symptoms. He believed none of it, he was twenty-five and gaining himself a name. Brilliant, but nowhere near a master yet, but he was talked about by people who said he could become one.

He believed none of the things Uintology was teaching. He was a man of science, not a man who chase dreams, and secrets. And faith.

Until, he began to experience alarming symptoms himself. Not willing to give up his seat, he turned to medicating and trying to cure himself. It soon became more than he could handle. The paranoia, the dreams, ah yes he remembers the visions.

The Marker said things to him. The Marker spoke more clearly to him.

The Marker blessed him with the gifts of the universe truths. Ah yes, he remembers that well. He remembers knowing that humanity would change for the better.

He remembers those flames and what those flames told him. They were preparing a sacrifice by immolation, he was not one to be engulfed in flames. But by accident he was lit ablaze. Oranges, and reds, all told him twisted visions of things to come. He was convinced even further the true fate of humanity.

Extra info:

Theme Song- So sue me it's kind of odd and cliche. And the strangest thing in the world. But I just imagine it going with him. Like the video games it doesn't have to completely make sense. It just sounds cool and I imagine him just totally being intimidating with that riff.

Last edited by Mr.Cynic; 11-15-2014 at 04:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Theorem Of Hoef View Post
    I'll have my eye out for this one..
    Thank you for your interest!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You have a very fascinating character, Clyde.

Accepted

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

I added his history and theme song Distant Rain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    I added his history and theme song Distant Rain.
    Awesome. Slipknot is totally fitting. I actually have a playlist for Erin, myself. That reminds me... I need to find and add more songs to it.

Page 1 of 34 123 ... LastLast