Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: I Give My Heart Unto the Beast (IC)

second star to the right and straight on til morning
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy,
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"Ow.." Kyda cried as the door hit her back the door handle catching her side and Vulture started to yell. Oh she was not going to take this.
    "No you li...." She stopped talking as the phone in her pocket beeped loudly. She didn't even remember putting it in there.
    Fishing it out she looked at the screen a little apprehensively before pressing the call button.
    "Hello kidnapped and annoyed speaking."

Follow me on Twitter @KoolKatAlly

MotM January 2015
    Sci-fi and fantasy, mostly, but I'll take a crack at just about anything.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

"Is he still there?" Darryl asked, interested. He'd had an American driver's license, stamped in a place called Louisiana. This man from Georgia, America, might know something about it. Of course, there was a fairly good chance that they wouldn't be allowed to speak to each other, but Darryl was determined to try.

Snake mentioned lunchtime and Darryl became aware that he was hungry. A shaft of sunlight beamed into his eyes and he winced, the light feeling much too bright to him. He closed his eyes and slumped down in the seat, his chin resting on his chest. Maybe he could take a nap. The truck jerked a little as it rolled forward and Darryl settled into the metal frame of the truck.

Apocalyptic, Dark, Lovecraftian, Africa, 20th Century History
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Yes, you are indeed becoming a nuisance aren't you? Do you not see the logic in this decision? Neither you or James are very capable at combat. Sending you together would be....unadvisable. If you follow orders, both of you will live to see another day, but if you choose to continue to disobey, the results could be disastrous for you both. If you complete this mission, you may find yourself with some answers at the end. Do not make me call again." After he finished talking, the line immediately ended.
    ---------------------------------
    Fox replied, "Yes, but he's not the most...personable....person." The drive took them an hour, being late in the afternoon now. They pulled up the airstrip where several other vehicles were parked. "Alright, wake up boys, we're here!" Snake yelled. Charlie had indeed fallen asleep, and awoke abruptly. He got out of the truck and looked around.

"Nice place I supposed. Looks like we'll be meeting plenty of friendly faces now. I'm bloody overjoyed," Charlie said, before coughing several times very heavily. A man walked out of the front door of the house. Fox shouted, "Hey Antelope, heard you had some...issues. Looks like you're back flying now though, ey?"

Antelope replied, "Yeah, a close one this time. Vulture is briefing Jackal and his two on their mission. I suppose I can go grab the other and bring him out here. Oh, and Snake, take the Red Jeep."
    There's a black crow sitting across from me
    His wiry legs are crossed
    He's dangling my keys, he even fakes a toss
    Whatever could it be
    That has brought me to this loss?

Fantasy,
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Kyda clenched her teeth and breathed deeply as the Beats voice came through the phone. what the hell did he expect, unconditional cooperation, yeah right.
    "Neither you or James is very capable at combat..." That had her spluttering. Had he not heard what she had done the first night? He must know since he apparently had ears everywhere.
    "Do not make me call again." Taking a breath to reply the sound of him hanging up only fuelled her anger more. Letting out a frustrated cry she through the phone against the wall leaving a dent in the chipped plaster.
    "How dare he. you cant do this to people and expect them to be happy with it! That low selfish son of a bitch. And obviously you can hear me so you know what you can do with your mission...." Stopping herself Kyda closed her eyes and breathed. There was no point in yelling, no point in fighting someone that wasn't there...

Turning to glare over the guy still sitting on James bed she huffed.
    "Fine, lets get this over with." She growled out pushing past vulture roughly. Walking into the kitchen she stopped as she heard what sounded like a truck pull up. Looking out the window she spotted the new arrivals.
    "Oh joy."

MotM January 2015
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Darryl had not been asleep, though both his eyes had been closed to keep the sun out. He opened his eyes as Charlie woke, both of them disoriented for a moment. After Charlie left the vehicle, Darryl followed him out. Fox addressed the man coming out of the house as 'Antelope' and Darryl sensed a recurring pattern in names, especially when Antelope named a few other co-workers. He wondered what issues Fox was referring to but knew it wasn't his place to ask about them. Until someone told him and Charlie where to go, he figured they'd better stay put by the truck, but didn't say anything. Although he still had his knife, he'd left his other weapon in the vehicle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Vulture tightened his fists, "I can't ever get a break..." He walked into the Kitchen, shouting, "Wolf, brief them, I'm going outside." Vulture then went outside, slamming the door behind him.

Mathias looked at James, then left the room without saying anything. He didn't know what was going on, but he didn't want to be a part of it right now. James was left by himself, and slightly bewildered. He laid back on his bed, sighing.

Mathias took a seat at the table, where two other men sat, and a few documents and photographs were scattered around. Mathias casually looked at the photos.
    -----------------------------
    Snake nodded to Antelope, "Hey, Charlie, let's get going. I want to see you fly." Charlie froze for a moment. Fly? He didn't remember being a pilot. He looked at Darryl, "Hey, guess I'll see you around? It was good working with you, mate." He extended his hand for a shake. Fox came over, "Say your goodbyes, we need to brief, then get some shut eye before tomorrow."
    Whatever could it be

Fantasy,
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Kyda almost giggled in delight as Vulture stormed out of the small house in frustration. It was a victory although a small one, against the people that had done this.
    Looking at the other men in the room She flashed them an innocent smile with her most doe like eyes. Let them think she was a weakling, if anything it may keep her out of the danger and alive.

Taking a seat next to Mathias Kyda looked over the photos as well a small frown forming on her face.
    "Soooo, What god awful thing are you making me do this time?"

MotM January 2015
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Fly? Darryl was envious of Charlie for a moment but figured he'd be off on his own doing something equally exciting. "It was good working with you, too," he said to Charlie, shaking his hand. "Guess I'll see you around, if we're both still alive. Good luck with Snake." He stepped back, saluted Charlie, then went to follow Fox.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wolf shrugged off her question, and stood up. "Alright. Here's the deal. A couple a weeks ago, we lost contact with one of the Beast's commanders, known as "The Animal". He was working on setting up a new base in the sector there. A few days ago, we also lost contact with another facility nearby. We are not sure what to expect. We will be traveling down river in a boat. We will disembark near the location of the construction site, and scout the area. We don't know of any rebel groups near by, but be ready for fire. The pictures on the table show the site from an ariel view, as well as the canyon with the river."

Mathias looked at one of the photographs. it showed a thick jungle, but in a small clearing he could see what looked like a halfway constructed building of concrete. "Any questions?" Wolf asked.
    ------------------------------------------
    Fox talked to Darryl as they walked past the house, "We will brief over here, they are busy with another mission inside. You'll be working with a fellow called James, he should be out here in a moment. Our mission should be a cakewalk."

He led them around back where a Jeep, a truck, and a large armored car with a machine gun on top was. Fox opened the back doors of the armored car, revealing a large cargo area in the back, where there were metal benches on both sides. Fox sat down, and set a large envelope on his lap, taking out some photographs, and a few sheets of paper with a lot of print on them.
    ---------------------------------------
    James followed a mercenary around back to an armored car. There were two men sitting inside, and joined them. "Hello," he managed to say.
    Whatever could it be

Fantasy,
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Looking at the pictures Kyda frowned. The jungle was thick providing cover for but them and hostile parties but what stuck her was that there was a serious chance of encountering an enemy. That was something that she wanted to avoid for a while.

"What does this 'Animal' guy look like? Im sure you don't want us putting a bullet in him because we thought he was a rebel."

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast