Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 373839

Thread: I Give My Heart Unto the Beast (IC)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Apocalyptic, Dark, Lovecraftian, Africa, 20th Century History
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The helicopter eventually started to descend. Below them was the edge of the rain forest, where a large cleared out area stood out. Inside were various tents and buildings. It sat upon what looked like a large mine, with much of the ground being exposed rock.

The helicopter touched down in the clearing. As they landed, a soldier walked up, and shook Vulture's hand. "Nice to meet you Vulture, we've heard a lot about you. I'm Eagle. I'm going to be honest, our situation here sucks pretty hard. We don't have enough men or ammunition, the mine workers are causing problems, and the attacks are upping in frequency. I can show you your bunks and then we can review the defenses, and your ward here," Eagle said, referring to Kyda, "Can meet the other poor devils assigned to this base."

Vulture motioned for Kyda to come with them, and Vulture started to follow Eagle as they went down the landing area into the main part of the mining camp.
    There's a black crow sitting across from me
    His wiry legs are crossed
    He's dangling my keys, he even fakes a toss
    Whatever could it be
    That has brought me to this loss?

second star to the right and straight on til morning
    Fantasy,
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Kyda looked around the mine site as the walked with a strong mix of pity, anger and resentment. It looked more like a prison camp then a mine sight the further they walked. No wonder they where having issues. There was no way anyone would work peacefully when kept in conditions you wouldn't keep your dog in.

They finally found their bunks in a large tent with a cloth acting as a sort of dividing wall between the two halves. There were sturdy looking bunks and a small desk in one half with gas lamps hanging from the roof.
    "Well isn't this... quaint." Kyda muttered under her breath looking around the room obviously not impressed.

Follow me on Twitter @KoolKatAlly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Inside the tent a soldier sat on one of the bunks. He had grown out, thick dark hair, a standard forest camouflage uniform on, and was cleaning an Ak-47 assault rifle. He looked up at Kyda and Vulture as they walked in, and gave a nod. "Nice to meet another American, where are you from?" Vulture asked Eagle.

Eagle replied, "Manhatten." Vulture laughed, "What's a city boy like you doing out here? Couldn't get enough of the action after a tour in the Army or something?" Eagle replied, "Marines. And pretty much. Its more peaceful out here than in Manhattan, I'll tell you that."

Vulture set his stuff down, and there was a large blast, Vulture instinctively reflexed, but noticed no one else did. "Don't worry, just the miners. Anyways, I'll introduce everyone to you. That handsome fellow there is Anaconda, from Colombia. He's one of the best. Fought FARC in the jungles for a few years before coming to Africa as a private contractor, " Eagle explained. The soldier cleaning his gun, waved his hand, but without looking away from what he was doing. "Wandering somewhere around the base is a less than charming English guy, his name is Beaver. Other than these guys, we employ a few locals for security, but I wouldn't trust them in a pitched battle, they'll run off at the first chance they get."

Vulture looked around, "I've had better accommodations," he said condescendingly. "Don't worry, they'll have back to Georgia once that no good Australian heals from his leg wound," Eagle rebuffed.
    Whatever could it be

Fantasy,
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Kyda tried hard not to roll her eyes as the men began their small talk. Had she really been dragged out here so Vulture could socialize with other macho weirdos?
    As a blast rang through the compound the Australian flinched hard taking a step away from the door as she did. IT may have just been the miners but she could imagine that if the miners were disgruntled those charges could quickly become a problem.

Kyda offered a weary smile to Anaconda as he was introduced the rest of the information going right over her head.
    "Why employ locals if you cant trust them?" Kyda found herself asking in confusion. "Seems like a waste of money and man power to me."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Oh, believe me, I wouldn't if I didn't have to, but this mine is far too large to keep all the perimeters secured with only a handful of well trained soldiers. We are here to keep them in line, and provide defense in case a full scale assault is ever mounted on this place," Eagle replied to Kyda.

Vulture started to say something when the sound of small arms fire erupted in the distance. Suddenly an Englishman's voice cracked over Eagle's walkie, "We've got skirmishers on the East perimeter, I could use some support over here!"

Eagle shouted, "Alright, Kyda, time to see if Vulture's training has been worth anything, follow me to the Eastern perimeter, we're going to provide backup!"

Eagle grabbed an M16 rifle from the barracks and started hoofing it to the East. Vulture followed him, towards the sound of gunfire.

After running close to half a mile, Eagle dived in a trench covered with camo netting. Vulture followed, heaving heavily. "I'm getting too old for this," he said as he leaned his back against the trench wall. Tracers cracked over them, but in a sporadic manner. Inside the trench were two African soldiers gripping their Ak-47's, keeping their heads well down. Eagle started hitting one on the shoulder, "Return fire!"

The soldier nervously got up, fired a burst, then came back down. Vulture took out a Glock pistol and handed it to Kyda, "Keep your head down, and don't shoot until you see someone close, pistols can't hit anything in hell at a distance."

Eagle screamed over to walkie, "Beaver, where are you at?" Beaver replied, "I saw you chaps come in, I'm in the next trench over about 40 meters from you on your right!"

((Ah, final papers and other stuff has been keeping me busy, besides not posting I noticed we've been at this three years come about this time last month, which is weird because it feels like you had just sent me a message on our two year RP anniversary, time is going by fast! Anyways, hope you're having a good holiday season))
    Last edited by Holocene; 12-21-2017 at 03:44 AM.
    Whatever could it be

Fantasy,
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hearing the sound of gun fire Kyda took a step back, further into the tent. She knew what was coming, he side twinging at the mere thought of having to confront more heavily armed men.
    "Who says Vulture has trained me at all??" Kyda bit back, but her response was largely ignored as Eagle grabbed his gun and began to leg it to where the sounds of a fight could be heard.
    Heaving a loud sigh Kyda hung her head for a second before gritting her teeth and running after the man.

Sliding into the trench next to the men Kyda found that she wasn't as out of breath as she thought she would be but the pain now radiating from her side was enough to make up for it. Looking over at the two other soldiers huddled in the trench the Australian could help but think they had the right idea of it. Keep low and well out of the fight.
    That was her plan too, till Eagle handed her a gun.
    "Who says ill shoot anyone in the first place?" She mumbled wanting to throw the gun away like a child throwing a temper tantrum.

(( Holly shit 3 years!!! we should get an award or something for that lol. I hope your having a good Holiday season as well ))

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Vulture replied to Kyda, "Don't you chicken out on me now! If these grunts see weakness in us, you think they'll be willing to fight either? You get up and fire that weapon, I don't care if you hit anything!" Vulture stood up and fired, hitting a soldier who had popped out from behind a tree.

Suddenly there was a whining in the air, and Eagle shouted out, "Mortars!" Vulture quickly got down and hugged the wall, as an explosion rocked the ground, a mortar hitting 10 feet away knocking a cloud of dirt into the air which fell back down on top of Kyda and Vulture.

"Beaver, whats your situation?" Eagle shouted over the radio. "I only have one operational soldier with me, they appear to have about 30 guys attacking us!" Beaver shouted back over the gunfire. "Are there any claymores set up?" Eagle asked. "I hadn't gotten around to it, they're in a box in your trench!" Beaver replied. "Damn you Beaver!" Eagle shouted, opening a wooden crate revealing about 10 Claymore anti-personal devices.

"Hey Vulture, catch!" Eagle shouted, tossing one of the claymores to Vulture, who hit the ground as soon as he caught it when another mortar exploded nearby. Vulture shoved the mine into Kyda's hands. "Alright, if you don't want to fight, can you run?" Vulture said ominously. The words "Front Towards Enemy" stood out on the device.

"I need you to run out about 10 feet, plant one, then plant another about 10 feet away from that one, facing towards where most of the enemy troops are concentrated. We will provide a barrage of fire to cover you," Vulture said, shoving another Claymore into her hands.

As bullets continued to fly overhead, and another mortar exploded nearby, Vulture looked at Kyda with a lack of confidence that she was going to do what he said. "You're faster and smaller than me, it has to be you!" he shouted, popping up and firing a burst form his gun. Eagle was handing one of the African soldiers two Claymore mines as well, likely having a similar conversation.
    Whatever could it be

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 373839