Page 1 of 144 12351 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hands We're Dealt (OOC)

June MotM 2014
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Default The Hands We're Dealt (OOC)

The world of Sarus, a civilized world located in the Ultima Segmentum, along the galactic southeast of the Imperiums boarders. Once lost to the Imperium for untold millennia, this far flung world had been rediscovered almost by accident.

Blown off course by unfavourable currents, an isolated warp incident brought the 535th Orsteon within sensor range of Sarus. The Sword Class Frigate Solemn Oath held firm in high anchor, whilst its numerous Astropaths sent word back to the greater Imperium. The 535th approached the worlds ruling class, with initial communication between the indigenous leaders went poorly, they had forgotten all elements of High Gothic, had no grasp on their Segmentums trade tongue, and their low Gothic was beyond the knowledge of the 535th command staff.

It wasn't until Mechanicus advisers were able to convert spoken word to machine tongue that progress was able to begin. Administratum replies struck the astro-banks a month later, and gave the regiment standing orders to assimilate the world into the Imperium. Its commanders would approve of the worlds current leaders, or replace them should the situation demand it. The 535th was absorbed into the worlds PDF, and the Solemn Oath set off back into the void.

A new world for the Imperium, one that begs for guidance, development and security. Are you capable of leading it into a prosperous future, or shall it fall to the wayside?

Premise: Basically, you are either the adjutants and trusted advisors of a planetary governor. It's up to you to develop the world as you see fit, do you improve upon the worlds industries, expand its military, become a fleet hub, a trade hub, an agri world? The choices are yours.

Planetary Data:
    Population: 200,000,000
    Population Increase (Per Turn): .125%
    Military Size (starting value, .75% of Planetary Population): 1,500,000 souls
    Psyker Population: .125% of Planetary Population - 250,000
    Psyker Population Increase (Per Turn): .033%
    Food Production (Per Turn): 20 Units (1 Unit Feeds 10,000,000 Population)
    Mineral Production (Per Turn): 10 Units (10 Units consumed by indigenous industries)
    Storage Capacity: 10 Units of Food, 10 Units of Raw Materials (across planetary granaries, food stores, warehouses, etc)
    Happiness: 100%
    Religious Breakdown: Imperial Creed 85%, Indigenous 10%, Other 5%
    PP (Planetary Production; Per Turn): 10

Character Sheet:
    - Name:
    - Appearance:
    - Role:

Spoiler: Potential Roles 

Background: (Optional)

Spoiler: Basic Rules: 

Spoiler: Advanced Rules: 

Spoiler: Accepted Characters 

All of this will come up in the game, and I will give greater detail, and give you all the options you can undertake as the game starts. Cheers.
    Last edited by Jarms48; 06-23-2015 at 12:57 PM.

The Froggiest
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)

Cool new thread! Here are a few links that can help get your game noticed:

The Roleplaying Games Directory is for active roleplays that are currently accepting new members.

Staff Siggies have crazy spoilers containing a list of roleplays currently accepting new members.

The RPA Tribune is RPA's monthly newsletter, and each month we pick a new roleplay to be featured in it!

Finally, the Roleplay of the Week is posted on the main forum each week as an announcement. All roleplays that are currently accepting new members are encouraged to apply, but if you need a little help with the banner you can check out the Banner shop.

Good luck with your new roleplay and happy RPing!

MotM January 2015
    Sci-fi and fantasy, mostly, but I'll take a crack at just about anything.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

What will be the goal of this roleplay? And do you have a CS you'd like applicants to use?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Oh, Jarms, you sneaky so-and-so.

Of course I'm interested and have a few on the fly questions for you, mister.

With actions will we collectively have one and need to form a consensus, or will each player be able to make one action per turn? While we're on that topic approximately how long would a turn be?

Can player characters have the option of being specific ministers, say Minister of Agriculture or Trade, and will there in-character bonuses? Are our characters going to be planetary figures or can we be Imperial (or Mechanicus) advisors?

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Cockatiel View Post
    What will be the goal of this roleplay?
    Think of it as a mixture of the board game Pandemic - meaning there's a lot of ways to lose, if the planet is mismanaged of course, and Civilization. There will be certain victory conditions, I'm pondering a turn limit; though haven't decided on it, but things like cultural victories, military victories, and alternate endings will be a thing (With these being taken as a win or loss depending on players perspective).

Quote Originally Posted by PaintSerf View Post
    Oh, Jarms, you sneaky so-and-so.

Of course I'm interested and have a few on the fly questions for you, mister.

With actions will we collectively have one and need to form a consensus, or will each player be able to make one action per turn? While we're on that topic approximately how long would a turn be?
    Exactly that, PP will only be spent on consensus. Though if you still have remaining PP to be used, you can of course have more than one action.

A turn will last until consensus is met, if for some reason it cannot be met, I may end it prematurely.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cockatiel View Post
    And do you have a CS you'd like applicants to use?
    Quote Originally Posted by PaintSerf View Post
    Can player characters have the option of being specific ministers, say Minister of Agriculture or Trade, and will there in-character bonuses? Are our characters going to be planetary figures or can we be Imperial (or Mechanicus) advisors?
    PaintSerf has convinced me, I'll get to work on a CS in my free time. At the moment, I'll say yes, specific characters will have in-character bonuses. For example, a Minister of Agriculture will have greater weight when it comes to developing farming infrastructure. A Trade Minister might be able to negotiate better deals, and/or have greater weight when it comes to trade buildings.

I'd certainly allow you to be a more foreign adviser. Though I'd ask that you PM me first, so I can prepare a character bonus.

Hope that helps fellas, I'll try to edit up my post sometime later today.
    Last edited by Jarms48; 11-27-2014 at 06:32 AM.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Could you be the High Arbiter or whatever it's called, you know, the head of the planet's Adeptus Arbites?

And also, are we part of the Ultramar world? You know, the planets controlled by the Ultramarines? (or is that simply the whole Ultima Segmentum?

Spoiler: Things I like 

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cfavano View Post
    Could you be the High Arbiter or whatever it's called, you know, the head of the planet's Adeptus Arbites?
    At the moment I'm going to say no, I'd like some more traditional roles to be filled before I get into more advanced characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Cfavano View Post
    And also, are we part of the Ultramar world? You know, the planets controlled by the Ultramarines? (or is that simply the whole Ultima Segmentum?
    No, it is a self-governing world. It is merely in the Ultima Segmentum, which is basically the space ruled by the Imperium which is divided into five fleet zones known as the Segmentae Majoris.

Edit:

I've added a few quick things, I'll most likely keep add to it again later. More roles, and I'm going to add Invasion as an advanced rule.
    Last edited by Jarms48; 11-27-2014 at 01:20 AM.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

I know the map

Segmentum Solar, Segmentum Pacifus, Segmentum Ultima, uhhhh.and the rest.

I just know Macragge is in the Segmentum Ultima.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

What about the Head of the PDF?

Giga Onion
    Give me an Idea and I'll see what I can do
    Mentioned