Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [M] When Darkness Falls - [Karma&Ashen]

Moon Child
    Feeding Nazgul with a spoon in his white padded room.
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I will try just about anything. Especially Twilight fanfiction. TEAM JACOB!
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

"We can go whenever you want! I love Chinese. Problem is you're hungry again just a little while later." It was a terrible joke, but she laughed at herself anyways. "No really, China is amazing, I'd love to go with you sometime." She was shocked at herself, she had wandered the world alone for so long, refusing to get close to anyone. Now, within what? Maybe thirty minutes to an hour of talking she was offering to take off to China with some boy.

When he took hold of her hand he felt so very warm. Her own were stuck at a freezing temperature for eternity. The warmth felt so good. His excitement made a place inside of her warm as well. His hold on her hands was far too short. "I once met Freiherr von Eichendorff, well in my head I met him. I really just looked at him from a distance." At the time she had been too afraid she would eat him if she got any closer. Plus women just didn't Waltz up to random men in those times and say hello.

She stopped dead in her tracks when he called her flawless. She saw nothing but flaws in herself. Flawless? She was a vampire, a soulless killer. This amazingly sweet seventeen year old boy thought she was flawless and she was full of emotions. People you care about die, they grow old and die. That's why she spent so long alone, but she had never met someone she just wanted to stay with in so long.

She snapped herself out of it. He was naive, didn't know what he was saying. He was letting his excitement of her knowledge blind him to what he really felt. He'll go home to his friends come daylight and realize he hated the dead. How stupid he was to say something silly like she was perfect or flawless. She continued walking, taking a deep breath.

"Good, cause roasted vampire smells terrible."

Spoiler: Looking for RP in all the wrong places? Click here! 

Spoiler: Friend Quotes 

The Ashen One
    medieval fantasy, adventure, psychological
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

She had actually gotten a chuckle out of him with her joke. Miles paused for a moment and tried to remember the climate in China. His changes were triggered by the weather, and if China was too cold, he'd be spending his entire trip as a wolf. That was not something he wanted at all. Besides, that would defeat the purpose of the trip. Wolves couldn't speak Chinese, or any language besides barks and growls for that matter, so he would need to be human. In the event that he did turn in China, he'd be trusting his care to... a vampire. He silently scolded himself for allowing the conversation to get so far and remained silent, letting the subject die.

His excitement, however, would not be squelched. "You were alive when von Eichendorff was?" he said, incredulous. "What I wouldn't give to have a chance to meet genius like him! I would give my left leg to look through his unpublished repertoire. And he was your contemporary..." He was thinking of the endless list of things he'd have done if he had lived back then. It was not fair that vampires got to experience such things, such long lives, while werewolves' lives were shorter than humans. "You must tell me everything you know about him. What was he like? I'd love to know everything, everything you are willing to share. Leave out no details, please."

In his excitement he almost didn't notice her pause. His ears caught it though, the falter in her gait. He looked to her and tilted his head. "Are you well?" he asked her, an actual look of concern on his face. When was the last time he'd shown real concern for anyone? He tried to think of what he'd said that might have made her uncomfortable, but all of his words had been too rushed, and he really didn't even remember what he'd said. He'd called her perfect; was that it? He decided to let her speak though. Miles wasn't great at figuring out women--was anyone?--and he knew better than to jump to conclusions.
    Thanks to Craze for the beautiful Bravely set!

~Recruitment Thread~
    Spoiler: Ashen's Personal Hall of Fame 

Moon Child
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

He didn't mention anymore about China. He had obviously thought about it realized he needed to think before he spoke. He didn't want to go to China with a vampire.

"I'm sorry, Schatz*, I didn't speak to him. Times were different, it would not have been proper for a woman to ask to see them. Plus, I was a young vampire, well less then a hundred years old. I still didn't have my.. impulses.. under complete control yet." She smiled sweetly at him. "If I had spoken to him, Mondnacht would possibly never have been written." She was sad that she ruined his excitement. She wished that in 1834 she would have known about this moment and she may have tried to speak to von Eichendorff.

She smiled when he asked if she was well, it seemed sincere, everything about this boy seemed genuine and that truly was a treasure. "I'm well, the wonderment of this whole evening just has me a bit in awe, I guess." She turned and looked into his eyes "...or it could be my dinner just didn't agree with me." She couldn't help but poke at what she would assume would be a disgust for her eating habits.

*Schatz is a term of endearment in German, meaning 'treasure'

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

"Schatz?" Miles parroted curiously. Was she really using such a word to refer to a werewolf? Wasn't she supposed to think of him as total scum? It made him smile a little bit. No one had thought of him as a treasure since he was a little boy. It almost felt... nice.

He nodded his understanding. "The bantlings are unable to control themselves, I know," he said with a shrug. "I know better than anyone. I wouldn't be here if not for a bantling's impulses." His smile turned sad. He shook it off quickly. "It still would have been kinda cool, talking to someone who knew a celebrity like that personally. But I understand. You didn't want to endanger him, and you didn't want to speak out of turn. No worries." He shrugged to show that he really did hold nothing against her.

He raised an eyebrow at her. Wonderment? Did she really think so highly of this evening? Truth be told, he was really enjoying himself, too. He was having a lot of fun with her. He hadn't had fun with another person in years. He wondered if he had ever enjoyed someone's company as much as this girl's. This vampire's. He needed to remind himself of that. He looked up when she mentioned her dinner. He didn't mind much. Miles had to kill to eat, too, and while he didn't go around killing people, he did understand that she needed to. "Perhaps you might feel better if you went home and rested," he suggested, and he tried to mask the fact that he did not want her to go.

~Recruitment Thread~

Moon Child
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

"Well most knew how to control it far before I did, your Maker is supposed to teach you. Mine didn't." She said simply. She had never really talked to people about her Maker. She smiled at him when he mentioned going and resting. She didn't want to rest, she wanted to stay and talk to him.

"I'm not sick, really, I don't want to go rest. I want to stay and walk with you." She said honestly as they walked along. She was definitely enjoying the company of this odd wolf. She walked along and as she walked she started to spin, this really was turning out to be an amazing night. As she walked she started to spin in circles, a smile bright on her face.

"So, young wolf, do you dance?" She questioned. "If you don't dance, what do you do? For entertainment, I mean."

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Miles couldn't help but notice Victoria talked about her "Maker" like he was some mystery. He made a mental note to ask about him later, if there was a later. Asking now might shoo her. Miles knew, at least for werewolves, being turned could be a touchy subject, and he didn't want to chance it with Victoria just yet.

When she told him she wanted to be with him, his cheeks colored ever so slightly. He watched her dance about and a smile crossed his lips as she did. Her spinning made the 266-year-old look like a child. He liked seeing her like that, so innocent and playful. He hesitated only a moment before grabbing her hands and spinning with her. She was cold to the touch, and he could have assumed this, but he felt a certain warmth as he held onto her. If it wasn't her skin... what was it? Miles didn't know, and in the moment, he didn't care much, either.

When Miles let go of her, he had a silly grin on his face. "You can say that I dance," he said happily. "I do a lot of things. A jack-of-all-trades, you could say. Dancing probably isn't my best skill, but I can dance enough to impress someone, I think. Though, it is not like anyone actually wants to see me dance, anyway. If anything, it would give Duke another reason to make fun of me." He gave a soft chuckle. "I most enjoy spending my lazy afternoons--which is every afternoon, mind--reading. But I am skilled in many things. What about you?"

~Recruitment Thread~

Moon Child
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

She was surprised when he grabbed her and spun her around. He was so warm compared to her and it felt good. She spun and danced with him for a bit, a smile on her face, feeling young again. "You dance beautifully! That's surprising, actual dancing is kind of a lost art these days." She moved away slightly, wishing they could continue dancing and being close when he talked about his lazy afternoons.

"Reading and dancing is nothing you should be made fun of for. Knowledge is power. And it's something that no one can take away from you." She smiled at him yet again, seems like she was doing that a lot tonight. "During my free time? I like to learn, I like to travel and wonder, go to all different places whether it's here in the states or in other countries. I like to go for walks, and I really like to sing and play piano."

She started walking along with him again, maybe walking just a little bit closer to her this time. "Where were you headed before I landed quite gracefully in your path?" She teased.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Miles didn't know that he danced beautifully. He had been taught by Eliza and the various videos he'd seen on dancing. He could dance, but he thought nothing beautiful of his moves. He did agree that Duke made fun of him for dumb reasons, though. But there was no changing the rude Irishman. Miles had given up trying long ago.

He didn't answer her for a second. Instead, he was thinking about something else she'd said. "You sing?" he repeated. "Might I be graced with a song of yours?" He smiled at her, an innocent smile as if to say, I won't judge you. "I will even sing with you, if you'll have me. I have the voice of a tenor. Give me something to sing and I will sure try."

Getting back to her question, he just shrugged. "I wasn't headed anywhere important. Just to the library, to get some peace and quiet and perhaps something new to read." He chuckled softly. "Gracefully... Is that what grace looks like nowadays?"

~Recruitment Thread~

Moon Child
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

"Of course it is. Haven't you heard? All vampires are graceful." She smiled, but when he asked her to sing, her voice wouldn't come to her. She usually only sang when she was alone. She bit her lip a bit, her cheeks turning red. "I..uh.. Okay well let me think of a song." She swallowed hard and closed her eyes, but she was still walking and she started singing, at first a bit shakily.
    ------------------

"Heart beats fast
    Colors and promises
    How to be brave?
    How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?
    But watching you stand alone,
    All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow.

One step closer

I have died every day waiting for you
    Darling, don't be afraid I have loved you
    For a thousand years
    I'll love you for a thousand more

Time stands still
    Beauty in all she is
    I will be brave
    I will not let anything take away
    What's standing in front of me
    Every breath
    Every hour has come to this

One step closer

I have died every day waiting for you
    Darling, don't be afraid I have loved you
    For a thousand years
    I'll love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you
    Time has brought your heart to me
    I have loved you for a thousand years
    I'll love you for a thousand more"
    ------------------------------------------

She cleared her throat, still not wanting to open her eyes. "It sounds better with the piano... and when it's Christina Perri actually singing it.." She laughed a little, embarrassed. She finally opened her eyes, but didn't look at him to see his reaction.

"Have you heard the song 'See Beneath Your Beautiful? It's a duet, I can play it on the piano. We might could sing it together sometime. Wait, what kind of music do you even like?" She looked at him then curious about his music choices. She loved all music. Music was such an amazing way to express yourself without having to actually say something.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Miles was less attentive to the lyrics of the song Victoria chose than the way she sang them. She seemed nervous to sing before him, and Miles had to wonder why. He was, by nature, a mortal enemy. If he'd wanted to attack her, he would have done so already, and it would have been bloody. But he wasn't going to attack her, neither physically nor emotionally. He'd have thought someone as old as Victoria would have gotten over stagefright generations ago. But maybe she was scared because she was opening up to him. She was letting him see a side of herself that she didn't show just anyone. He smiled at that. She put herself into her song. That much was clear. And he was appreciative that he could witness that.

He was able to hum along at the refrain, but Miles didn't know much more than that. He knew of Christina Perri, knew the names of some of her songs, but he didn't know the lyrics too well. When she finished, Miles clapped for her. "You sing very well," he told her. "You need not be embarassed for me, either. I do not see the point in getting embarassed over singing. Why try to hide a thing that sounds so pretty?" He shrugged his shoulders. "Thank you, Victoria. I learned something today. You're not the cold-blooded killer they make you out to be, are you? Nay, you've something of a soul. I just heard it, right there. If not a soul... I don't know what to call it, but you've something."

He paused a moment to think, then nodded. "I may have heard the song once or twice," he answered. "Labyrinth, right? Let's see..." He seemed to concentrate on something, then started singing the refrain softly.

Would you let me see beneath your beautiful?
    Would you let me see beneath your perfect?
    Take it off now, girl, take it off now, girl
    I wanna see inside
    Would you let me see beneath your beautiful tonight?

Miles sang with a gentle voice and was only slightly off-key. It was pretty good considering how few times he'd heard the song. He had had his eyes closed, and when he opened them they seemed free of emotion. His singing voice didn't seem to match the apathetic expression he bore at all. His singing held emotion. It almost seemed like there was some longing in him. He seemed unfazed by his singing, and he moved on.

"As for the music I like," he continued, not missing a beat, "I listen to almost anything. From classic rock to rap to country to opera to musicals... Really, I'm not all that picky. One of my favorites right now is AC/DC, or maybe Yanni, or... Well, anything. Except modern-day music. I'm not so much a fan of pop. It depends on my mood, and the temperature. I mean... when I'm closer to my other form, for example, I'd rather not listen to soft stuff. It's all metal and hard rock. But in the middle of spring or so, I'd gladly rock out to... Idina Menzel or someone. If it is possible to rock out to Idina Menzel, I mean."

~Recruitment Thread~

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast