Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [OOC - M] Taking Back the Kingdom (ADN and Clumsy Mage)

Domina Noctis
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Default [OOC - M] Taking Back the Kingdom (ADN and Clumsy Mage)

For hundreds of years life in the kingdom of Kurain was good, things were prosperous under the rule of the royal family who were well loved by the people. King Bohan was a good man who loved and cared for his people, always ensuring that their needs were met. The nation was a small kingdom with a fair amount of land for farming and a large harbor to trade with its neighbors but what set the kingdom most of was the mountains to the north of the capital that were rich in gold and other jewels. Most of the people in the city worked in some way with the mining of the mountain. The army of Kurain was never very large which many say was the cause of the kingdom’s fall.

Ten years ago the neighboring nation of Fondor, a kingdom known for its vast army and greed decided the wealth of the mountain could be easily theirs. They were right the Kuraini forces were no match for the Fondor who quickly defeated them. King Bohan surrender himself to spare the loss of more of his people. He knew his life was forfeit but pleaded with the Grand Emperor to allow his family to go into exile, knowing how fond people were of the royal family the Grand Emperor denied Bohan’s pleads and slaughtered the royal family.

Since the fall king life in Kurain has gone downhill, the Grand Emperor has placed his nephew on the thrown and he only cares about himself and sending his tithes back to his uncle. He works the people to death, those who challenge him are either killed or sent to work in the mines which is as good as a death sentence as work conditions in the mines are harsh with output being more important than safety. It has gotten to the point where no one wants to even speak poorly about the emperor. The people do everything they can just to survive, they want to do something about it but are too afraid so they just keep their heads down.

Expect for a small group of people who have rejected the emperor and Fondor’s rule. In the beginning they openly opposed the emperor but a few executions quickly put an end to that. Now they hide in the shadows working to over throw the emperor. Progress has been slow as membership is small and they are hesitant to trust others for fear of admitting a spy or someone who will break under torture. For the last few years they have been just a pain in the side for the emperor but recently they have been getting bolder in their efforts.

Name:
    Personality:
    Skills:
    Nationality:
    Short Bio:

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

my favorite is fantasy but i can work with almost anything
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Name:catherine
    Personality: kind energetic, a bit shy at first,
    Skills:sowing,sneaking around her dad and guards,and leaning
    Nationality:fondor (not proud of it)
    Appearance: long sandy blond hair, light brown eye,stands 5"
    Short bio: Catherine is a princess that is looked away by her controlling dad/emperor re and just wants to see what is beyond the palace.Since her father took over the kingdom Catherine has been nothing but unhappy and frustrated at this all she was used to being locked away but for the help to be afraid of her and the cruelty of her father to the people thay now ruled was just unbelievable to her.
    Side note: Catherine looks more like her deceased mother then her father.

Name:emperor Alfred
    Personality:cruel,unforgiving,controlling
    Skills:being a bad ruler
    Nationality:fondor
    Appearance: dark brown hair and the same brown color eyes as Catherine,muscular body.
    Short bio:Emperor Alfred has destroyed the lifes of the people under his rule and keeps his daughter under lock and kye knowing she wants to see what is out there beyond the palace walls.
    Last edited by clumsy_mage; 05-08-2017 at 05:00 AM.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Name: Blake Hadley
    Spoiler: Appearance: 
    Personality: Blake has always had a seriousness about her and a sense of sorrow to her. She is the last living member of her family and does no easily open up to others. Being the daughter of a guardsmen she has more education than most and is known to use that to help others. She cares very much for the people of the city and has a deep hatred for the Fondor.
    Skills: Lock picking, knife fighting, sword fighting, explosives
    Nationality: Kurain
    Short Bio: Blake is the daughter of a royal guardsman, her father served under King Bohan. When the king surrendered to the Fondor her father Major Levi Hadley resigned his commission and left the royal guard. He opened a courier service in the city which he ran until his death four years ago when his daughter took over the business. Still to this day there is mystery surrounding his death, Levi had been found by the Fondor military in the rubble of a rock slide in the mines. Not many truly know what Levi was doing there or how he died though it is widely believed that he was killed in the rock slide.

What only a few select few know is that Levi was a member of the rebellion and killed in a terrorist attack against the mine, the section he was found in was known to be a very dangerous section that the emperor had recently started mining in despite the dangers around it. In the few short weeks they had been working it, twelve workers had already been killed. Levi had been setting charges during the night when he had been discovered by a patrol of soldiers, in the fight that ensued the charges went off killing Levi and the soldiers. His plan worked and the vein was shut down.

Blake has taken in her father’s footsteps in both the courier business and in the rebellion. Though she technically owns the business she leaves management of it her office manager and works as a courier herself. She had wanted to be a part of the rebellion while he was alive but her father had always refused to allow her wanting to keep her safe. Since his death she has joined and over time worked her way into the inner circle of the rebellion. Her business as a courier allows her to travel more freely around the city and occasionally into the palace.

We Are Warriors

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The walls of the palace are built high to keep the people out but Catherine is starting to thank its more to keep her in *as she walks the courtyard* looking for any opening in the wall to eather get through or over the wall* by this time she has been in this palace long enough to know every secret passage the and room in the palace but she still looks making sure she didn't mess anything.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Hang on we'll make another thread for the story when we are ready.

We Are Warriors

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ok sorry im still trying to figure this out.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

It's okay. We usually have an ooc or out of character thread and a ic or in character thread. The ooc thread is so we can discuss things while the ic thread is used for the actual game. Are you done tweaking your character sheet?

We Are Warriors

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes im done and thank you for the information.

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

We Are Warriors

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ok thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast