Thread: The inn keeper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm waiting on others to post :/

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

There are a couple of people who haven't posted in a while. The Cockatiel and Caoimhe294. Maybe you should shoot them a PM to see what's up?
    What's up, peeps?
    Don't mind the odd Avi, just something old I liked.

Want to RP with me? Ask! I'm open to any kind of 1x1's at the moment.

Spoiler: What I Do/Don't Like 

My most opportune days will be Saturdays and Sundays,
    just FYI.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll do that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So everyone kind keeps focusing on the ghosts here. There are more than ghosts going on.

also there are ghost all over this inn, not just Miss June and Caoi's ghost. so feel free to come up with any other ones. They don't tend to hide themselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So I feel like it's important to give a little bit more detail into this world so we are all on the same page because I'm not sure we all are.

Magic in this world isn't a click of a finger away. It takes years of training and dedication to master spells. Though some things come easy enough, like casting a flame many other things are much more difficult and take preparation and study. For instance a healing potion. There aren't any super magical healing potions that can heal in an instant deadly wounds. Like any medicine it still takes time and energy. Though smaller less fatal wounds could be fixed much more easily.

Most Witches are trained by other more experienced witches in a coven or by a relative also gifted with magic. So someone like Meya would be extremely handicapped with magic, having no one to guide her study. Without knowing any other witches her resources would be limited and her studies would be scattered to whatever kind of magical book she could find. Meya might have the potential to be extremely powerful but her lack of proper training would work against her and could make her potentially dangerous because she wouldn't have a proper understanding of her magic or proper control over it.

on the other hand witches like Auntie Lorelei and Jarod would be much more skilled and experienced. They would have had an almost limitless amount of available resources to study and improve their craft with their connections to a coven. Lorelei her years alone would make her a much more skilled witch. While witches without a coven but at least have a relative or another witch to mentor them would not have as many resources as Lorelei and Jarod would still be much better trained than someone without any guidance.

So in short Magic is a study not just a gift. You can't just open up a spell book and expect the spell to work and you can't just click your finger to get whatever you want. The gift of Magic will only get you so far.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Why be no one posting :(

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678