Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The inn keeper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The inn keeper

In the small english town of Whitby there is an old inn, called the Brading Inn. The Brading Inn stands on the edge of town showing years of ware. Built on the grounds of the old Town parish that burned down in 1767. The old Parish graveyard still stands in the back. The Brading Inn isn't any normal Inn, it never was, It's more than haunted. It stands as a sanctum for all who need shelter and safety. It's very temperamental and cruel to those it does not like. The Inn has a mind of it's own and likes to play tricks on it's residents.

But what is the inn? Like I've stated, It's a sanctum, a place of safety and refuge for the lost and frightened but it has more than walls protecting it. A barrier protects the Inn, making it impossible for Evil to pass through it's threshold. For the Evil that passes through they will have to deal with the Inns tricks. It will protect its self and it's secrets. There are many secrets inside the inn, some you many would not want to know and most would not believe. Where else would be a better place to hide such secrets than a place where those who wish to have them can not enter?

When the Inn can not protect it's self, There is the Inn keeper. A Tall, skinny man, who keeps to himself. He knows all the inn's secrets and she whispers to him. However there is a catch, all the power he has inside the inn is useless to him outside the inn. He is as tied to the inn as the inn is to him.

You have found yourself at the Brading inn, perhaps you sought it or perhaps it sought you. Perhaps you stumbled upon it by chance or so you think. Nothing happens for no reason when it comes to the inn. So why are you here? Are you seeking shelter from darkness or are you darkness seeking it's secrets. Perhaps you are yet to know why you've ended up here.

__________________________________________________ ___

Our setting is the present day, in a small village in England.

You are a Guest at the inn. You could be a ghost, a witch, a werewolf, a normal human being, or perhaps something else. As mention before the reason you can be here could be almost anything you can imagine though I do ask you put some thought into this before you get started and to look at other characters to make sure your character isn't to similar to another. If you are a ghost you can be a ghost bound to the inn. If you decide to be evil there needs to be a reason why your character might have been able to pass through the barrier around the inn.
    (Note: I invoke the right to refuse anything in your character sheet that I don't think will work.)

Name: (first name and last name)
    race: (what are you, ghost? Human? Witch?)
    age: (I just ask you keep your age above 16, there may be exceptions but talk to me first.)
    Personality:(what is your character like?)
    Appearance: (Pictures are good but descriptions are fine to. I ask you don't use anime pictures but drawings are fine.)
    History: (Your characters past. Where are they from? key moments of their lives? Why they are here? I ask for you to please put some detail into this part. No, Mystery characters where everything is to be revealed later.)
    Other:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Nate Brading

Race: The inn keeper

Personality: To say Nate was socially awkward would be an understatement. Growing up he had few friends. The Inn was is home. Growing up in a place like Brading Inn is bound to screw a person up a little. He handles the few guests well but he prefers to keep to himself. Nate hates the inn and hates that he's bound to it but at the same time it's his home and in a way his only friend. Nate is uncomfortable with touching but that doesn't stop Auntie Lorelai from wrapping him in a tight hug every time she sees him.

appearance:
    Spoiler: https://38.media.tumblr.com/50eb7fc3d5c72345d6909f2eb7c006c1/tumblr_mj35xkYS4c1ry1lqao1_1280.png 

Nate is tall with dark brown hair and grayish blue eyes. He's usually casually dressed and often a bit dusty from renovations and cleaning.

History: Nate was raised by the ghosts of the inn and his strange Auntie Lorelai. His father was the inn keeper before him but he left, abandoned his task of keeping it safe, leaving it to a young seven year old Nate. Nate doesn't know the fate of his father and in reality he doesn't care. He left him with this damned place. The Brading Inn has gone mostly forgotten and there is rarely many living guests. When Nate was old enough Auntie Lorelai left the Inn in his care, though she returns now and then telling Nate of her adventures. She seems to have six sense and always knows when something is wrong and as if by magic has returned to make sure it is sorted.

Nate himself as no powers, no gift for magic, unlike his auntie Lorelai, a very power witch. however the inn loans it's powers to him in return for his service to it. The catch is it only works on the grounds of the inn. Nate manages almost everything in the inn, the library, the gardens, the rooms. The only thing he doesn't manage is the kitchen which is managed by Miss June, a ghost who used to be the inn's cook nearly a century ago. Lately Nate has been working on renovating the place. Little has been changed sense it was first build and a lot of care for the place has gone over looked by the inn keepers before him.
    Last edited by AvisCrown; 12-20-2014 at 12:47 AM.

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Name: Moira Leary

Race: A lost Ghost

Age: She died at the age of 21 and has remained as youthful ever since

Personality: In life and as a spirit, Moira is a shy quiet thing. She barely talks only allowing herself to when necessary. Due to her usual silence, it can be a challenge to determine her true nature, and other people found her hard to be around. Though in truth she's kind and often concerned for the greater good. Becoming a spirit has somehow managed to increase her fearful nature. She's a recluse at best. Sticking to shadows and avoiding the light.

Appearance:
    Spoiler: Moira 

She had a tall slender frame, with pale fair skin. Her features were rounded and innocent, holding their own prettiness to them. In ghost form none of these features have really changed, except for the addition of a silvery glow about her.

History: Moira was born in the year 1829 in Galway Ireland. She was the third youngest daughter in a family of eight. Her family were poor and as average as could be. Taking care of such a large family was costly anyway, with their only being two elder brothers to work as well their was limited income going into the family. It seemed from the day she became a teenager, Moira was being nagged into marriage simply to get her out of the way. However that had to be put on hold for awhile, as in 1845 the potato famine swept death and disease across Ireland. Moira was only sixteen.

What little money and land her family had once owned became completely and utterly futile. They had no food, no land and in 1849 Moira's mother passed. Stricken by grief and depression, her Father drunk himself into a mindless stupor he would never wake from. The children were left alone. The shack they had once called home was taken from them due to lack of rents being due.

Eight children, some barely older than seven, left alone with no home or means to fend for themselves. As the famine continued, the Irish government began to hand out rations to at least try and help the needy. The Leary family took what they were given but it still wasn't enough. Moira died of starvation and exhaustion in the winter of 1850.

She had to watch her family grow or struggle without her for years, until they passed on to the heavens above. While Moira was left to wander the Limbo of earth alone. And that's what she's done, simply wandered. Alone and lost unaware of where to go. Until she heard of a place, a sanctuary where perhaps,
    just maybe,
    she'd feel purposeful for a while.

Hope this is okay!

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds good Approved. I like her. I feel like her and Nate would get along well.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Keeewwwlll

Anime, Fantasy, Mature, 1x1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Spoiler: Meya Hardings 

I can not believe there is a roleplay about one of my most favourite places!! I live 30 minutes away from Whitby, and visit several times a year. Make sure the facts are right on this one. Happy to help if you need it.
    Last edited by Lunia; 12-20-2014 at 01:19 AM.

[Avi and Sig set by Me]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I didn't even realize it was a real town. I guess I should get the facts right than. (I'll read your sheet in a moment)

second star to the right and straight on til morning
    Fantasy,
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Name: Melody Rider
    Race: Human
    Personality: Confident and rarely shy Melody is the embodiment of an independent and out going girl. She likes to have a good time and will drag anyone in range along with her. She can get very over protective of the people she considers friends or family and if you make her mad, well lets just hope your already dead.

Appearance: Short black hair with a bold purple streak through her bangs. Slim but curvy build with light skin. Light brown almost gold eyes.
    Spoiler: Melody 

History: Raised all over the world Melody ahs a wealth of experience under her belt. With a historian as a mother and an anthropologist as a father she has seen and done nearly everything you could imagine in a great adventure novel. She was 6 when she had her first supernatural encounter. They where in Scotland staying with some friends while studying some ancient ruins when she got lost in the forest. Alone and with no measurable sense of direction she had cried and cried until a small blue light caught her attention and lead her out to safety. It was years later when she discovered it had been a wisp.
    Ever since then she had dedicated her time and study to the supernatural.
    She had heard stories of a strange inn, in England that was said to be home to a variety of other worldly beings. So here she was hoping to meet and mingle with anything she could.

Other: Speaks with an aussie accent

Follow me on Twitter @KoolKatAlly

MotM January 2015
    Sci-fi and fantasy, mostly, but I'll take a crack at just about anything.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Let me know if anything needs to change. Love the idea.

Name: Samuel "Mchungaji" Baines

Race: Human, but with some Witch blood in him

Personality: Samuel is the kind that tends to keep to himself. He casually offers experience-based opinions on topics that most people know nothing about. Few can figure him out, and to be truthful few have tried. Although he doesn't seem threatening to most, there is a definite sense to him that makes strangers a little cautious. Those that would have nothing to fear from most people have little or no sense of this, however, finding him only an average man.

Appearance: Samuel is a tall man, being a bit over 6'6. His body is by no means slim, but most of the weight he carries is bone and muscle. Most of his hair is black, but it's definitely graying around the temples.

History: Samuel was born in a small American town. His maternal grandparents were European immigrants, his paternal grandfather an Australian immigrant, and his paternal grandmother a descendant of the original American colonists. As he grew up, his parents started moving around frequently. He never asked why and was never told; his parents gave him the impression that it was business-related. The true answer relates to magic, although he never knew anything for certain. As an adult, he continued to travel worldwide. For several years, he lived and worked in Africa, particularly Sudan and Liberia. Now, he's taking some time off from the war and bloodshed that was filling his life. He was travelling through Europe when he heard of the town, and decided to stay there for a little while as it seemed rather quiet and out-of-the-way.

Other: Samuel speaks several languages, among them Urdu, Arabic, and Russian. He is most often heard quietly cursing in them, although he is very fluent in all. Although he has magic in his history, and probably the ability to use it if he was taught; he knows very little of it and does not know any of its practical values at all.
    Last edited by The Cockatiel; 12-20-2014 at 01:28 AM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Hey it's the big hero 6 girl

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast