Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Changeling (Urban Fantasy RP)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Science Fiction, Urban Fantasy, Cyberpunk, Steampunk, Historical, 'Medieval', Fantasy, subgenres of.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default [M] Changeling (Urban Fantasy RP)

((Rated M for the possible inclusion of language, drug and alcohol reference/use, violence, and possible sensual situations))

Changeling

Come away, O human child!
    To the waters and the wild
    With a faery, hand in hand,
    For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand…

(IC)

The winding reaches of Faerie are fickle and twisted, beyond the understanding of most, and when it reaches out to touch the mortal world it can often happen in unexpected ways. One never knows when its magic will sneak from its bounds and into the human realm, and the only thing less predictable is what it will bring back when it returns.

For one group of kids, the slippery nature of all that is Fae becomes more than just a quirky story. One minute life is as it always was, and the next they find themselves… Elsewhere. The world around them is much more vivid, and much more deadly, than the one they left behind. What’s worse is that it is also much more than a new world.

It is a homecoming.

Time and space tangle in the winding expanse of the Never Never, and though they come from many times and places, one fact connects them all-- they are Changelings, born of the fae and fostered by humans, and their Glamours have worn thin.

Though none know why they have been summoned, it will take all of them working together to find out what they are and tap into their powers, for each has a human half held captive by the courts.

Warped as time may be in the Never Never, it still exists. And it's running out.

Spoiler: The Never Never 

Spoiler: Fae Species and Abilities 

Who will you be?

Character Sheet

Name:

Appearance: (At least a brief paragraph explaining their appearance and mannerisms is a requirement! A picture is optional, but it can't be a cartoon unless it is a drawing made specifically of your character.)

Species and Ability: (Reference the Fae Species and Abilities section above! Feel free to ask or PM for more info or ideas. Be creative!)

Personality: (One or two paragraphs expected here! Tell us some about your character.)

Brief Bio: Two to three paragraphs preferred here.)

((As GM, I reserve the right to reject/request tweaks on underdeveloped or overpowered characters. For the most part, just have fun with the design, be creative! If clarification or an example of a character sheet is needed, I will have a CS up for my own character as soon as I get a chance. Let me know if anything else needs explained--this post is a bit rough as of now.))

Characters

Melody Beaulieu played by manyInterests
    Spoiler: Melody Beaulieu 

Bran Barron played by TheBarbarian
    Spoiler: Bran Barron 

Aelwen Blevins played by Nightwish
    Spoiler: Aelwen Blevins 

Marius Brandvold played by Avalon Hoef

Spoiler: Marius Brandvold 

James Akane played by Gamer_KM

Spoiler: James Akane 

Alana Housand played by Sparkz

Spoiler: Alana Housand 
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by manyInterests; 02-16-2015 at 07:34 PM.

Adventure-Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

interest expressed
    ·͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙
    ·͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

Click above to check out my Kingdom Hearts Interest Check!

Spoiler: What pokemon I am 

Spoiler: When you read a CS and the names be like A-A-Ron. 

Fantasy | Realism | Horror | Mature | Limited Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

-subscribed-

What is best in life?
    Were ever there is a evil priesthood to be looted and a princess to be saved
    All of them are great if well written and with good pepole
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Love the Dresden Files/Changeling the Lost vibes I am getting from this . So read through it and tell me if I need to change some stuff.

Spoiler: Bran Barron 
    Last edited by TheBarbarian; 12-24-2014 at 07:26 AM.

Spoiler: The Barbarians RP's and answers to questions 

Fantasy, School, Mythological, Apocalyptic, Horror, Parody, Humanoid, Dark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interest is expressed however CS will be up some time later this day

Science Fiction, Urban Fantasy, Cyberpunk, Steampunk, Historical, 'Medieval', Fantasy, subgenres of.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow, thanks for the interests so far, guys! @TheBarbarian, Bran is Accepted, I don't see any problems there! I'll be updating the main post to include his CS shortly, after I finish and post my own.

Can't wait to see what the rest of you come up with!

EDIT: I actually realize, @TheBarbarian, there's just a small problem with your CS! The plot hinges, in part, on the fact that these characters are Changelings that have been swapped for a human child. Being half-blooded is perfectly fine, but in the story proposed above I've said that "each has a human half held captive by the courts."

Perhaps he was swapped for another child in his large family...? Or another idea, if you've got one.
    Last edited by manyInterests; 12-23-2014 at 07:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just added my Character Sheet to the original post, feel free to glance at it if you like!

I haven't added Bran's yet, but I will soon!

Fantasy, School, Mythological, Apocalyptic, Horror, Parody, Humanoid, Dark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Aelwen Blevins

Appearance: She is very fair skinned and is sensitive to harsh conditions. She has light blonde hair and dark blue eyes. She is 5'11 and is very skinny for her height. She loves fruits and vegetables and to run. She has average breast size and torso width. Her fingers are long and slender. Her lips are a light pink color and her eyelashes are longer than normal and enhance her eyes nicely.

She prefers to be in fashion and look radiant. She uses only minimal make-up to touch up her already good-looking features. She wears her skin proudly and let's others know her expectations. She only dates those whom she deems worthy, and it should go without saying no one has met her standards yet. She usually keeps her long hair down to show off its shine and beauty.

She is very healthy and jogs daily. She makes sure she feels and is just as amazing as she looks. She usually wears clothes that show off her natural curves that are neither too curvy or not enough.

Species and Ability: Tylwyth Teg. She can turn invisible and pass through dimensions, but both of these abilities drain her greatly. She can also foresee some future events, but she cannot control this ability.

Personality: Aelwen is very confident with herself and others. She can be a bit flirtatious at times but will back out if things get too serious for her liking. She is sweet to her friends but can be heartless and cruel when necessary. She prefers to be popular over smart or kind. She loves being the center of attention and hates for someone to steal her spotlight. She does hold grudges and can get very nasty when provoked.

Aelwen isn't all bad though. She doesn't bully those who don't deserve it and she befriends everyone including the unpopular kids. She is very seductive and knows how to make herself look like the best girl in the world. She does read some but mostly the books are romance novels. She dreams of having the perfect romance with a perfect gentlemen. She often fantasizes her future life and dreams of what she will be.

Aelwen loves animals and children. She loves to babysit and take care of people's pets. She adores nature and loves to dance outside in the summer. Speaking of dancing she is always the life of any party and livens up a room merely by being in it.

Brief Bio:
    Aelwen was raised as an only child and as such she was very spoiled and coddled. By the time she was a year old she had learned that anything she wanted she only had to ask. She was always given the best that life had to offer as her parents were pretty wealthy. When she was five they moved into a large house where she had a personal nanny as her parents were becoming too busy for her with their work.

Aelwen's nanny became her only friend when she was young. The nanny was very understanding and kind, but she was very old and lived inside their house. One morning Aelwen woke up and went to go see her only to find that she wouldn't wake up. That was her first death and she took it really hard. The rest of that year she remained inside and didn't play, she only looked outside and cried. All the new nanny's her parents tried out couldn't cheer her up.

Finally, once school started she had begun to turn back into her old self. She quickly rose to the top of the social ladder and found her place their. She became more playful and more talkative. She began to learn dancing and singing. She even tried her hand at art for a while. Her confidence had never shown brighter. She remained this way throughout all of the rest of her school years.

After she graduated she decided to take a year to rest from school before going to college. So she attended many social events and practiced her dancing. Aelwen became the jewel of the town making an appearance at all the gatherings and making an effort to have herself be known by everyone.

That one Reaper Guy
    Mostly everything, I suppose
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Howdy Interests! Interesting idea. Very thought out and such. Wish you luck!

Take a look at the Roleplay of the Week thread!

If you need a banner for a submission, then check out the Banner Shop!

You can also look at the Roleplaying Games Directory to advertise your RP.

You can even ask the staff to advertise it!

And to round it all up, let your RP be advertised in the RPA Tribune!
    Thanks to Karma for the Avatar and Signature

What is best in life?
    Were ever there is a evil priesthood to be looted and a princess to be saved
    All of them are great if well written and with good pepole
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manyInterests View Post
    Wow, thanks for the interests so far, guys! @TheBarbarian, Bran is Accepted, I don't see any problems there! I'll be updating the main post to include his CS shortly, after I finish and post my own.

Can't wait to see what the rest of you come up with!

EDIT: I actually realize, @TheBarbarian, there's just a small problem with your CS! The plot hinges, in part, on the fact that these characters are Changelings that have been swapped for a human child. Being half-blooded is perfectly fine, but in the story proposed above I've said that "each has a human half held captive by the courts."

Perhaps he was swapped for another child in his large family...? Or another idea, if you've got one.
    No problem edited in the appropriate changes. (They are in the first paragraph of my bio)

Also Merry Christmas (Or happy holidays which ever you prefer) everyone !

Spoiler: The Barbarians RP's and answers to questions 

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast