Page 1 of 42 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Space (OOC)

Near the Halo Ring by the Omega 4 Relay with the other Power Rangers
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    D&D, Sci-fi, realistic ones, and ones with a video game twist.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Alternate Space (OOC)

NO LONGER RECRUITING! THE SHIP IS FULL!

The Earth is nothing but a long lost memory that is only heard about in very old books or from individuals that decided to spend their lives on a education. Technology is hyper-advanced. Space travel, laser weapons and tools, super computers that make the super computers of 2015 look like 2015 laptops. Cancer is all but a memory, and the same with the "Earth diseases", yet new ones have arrived. When augmented limps that can turn a human into something that is 90% robotic, came a new age of viruses. Exploring and terra-forming new planets to sustain life brought on hardships people capitalized on.

Space Pirates have come and gone, private companies have formed and been disbanded, but one thing has stayed constant, the Organization of Unified Territories or "O.U.T". O.U.T is the only thing resembling a government in the far reaches of space due to the falling apart and dismemberment of all the old governments of Earth. O.U.T makes the laws, is in charge of all planets that have human life on them or soon will, and many people hate it.

Other companies have powered through the hard times of forming a new home for humans, inventing robotic limbs that can allow humans to connect to the "interplanetary network", or hold form into weapons, allowing one to jump higher, see further, have quicker "hand-eye coordination" or whatever the patient wanted done. Others banned together to do the humane thing and making cures for those who would die or make ships that can travel further and great distances without much maintenance or fuel.

Granted the human race hasn't found other lifeforms yet, they still have figured out a way to alter the "human condition" with animal augmentations. One could get the strength of a Ox, the cunning of a Fox, the flexibility of a Snake, the loyalty and cunning of a dog, the graze and veracity of a Tiger, or the sight of a bird of prey. Granted these advancements into human genetics are astounding, animal augmentations and human robotics-limbs do NOT meld together very well, making a individual either go insane, or die on the operating table. Only a small portion survive, ranging between one to two percent.

------------------------------------------------------------
    History of "The System"

We all know that Earth became over populated and had all her resources used up. Granted new resources were developed and used, it was the over population that was killing the planet. Wars were still being fought and that was the only thing that tried to balance the population, it didn't work. Space exploration was the final answer. Each Super-Power came together, agreed to stop all war and focus on the massive problem at hand. With all the available resources and minds working on the solution, the Sol System started to become colonized. There were failures, but oddly, Russia, China, Australia, and India managed to make tremendous ground in the success of Terra-forming planets that didn't have the atmosphere to sustain human life. The U.S, and most of Europe wanted to continue the "dome technology" that was used on Mars, Venus, Luna (the moon), and most of Saturn's moons.

Over time humanity pushed out of the Sol System and found The Four Systems. With the colonization starting in the Helios Alpha System and continuing to Beta, Delta, then Gamma, The Super Powers of Earth began to fall apart, new wars started over superiority. Obviously, technology advanced quicker during the "Super-Power Wars", Japan and China settled their differences and become one creating and inventing tech-augmentations for their soldiers. Russia and India formed a alliance and invented and created animal augmentations for their soldiers as well. The wars continued for twenty-five years until the "Organization of Unified Territories" came around. Dissolving all forms of war throughout the Sol System and The Four Systems, O.U.T became the new form of governmental power, removing all forms of government with hopes of unifying the human race. The U.S government refused to disband and waged war against O.U.T. After Six years of fighting, The U.S surrendered and fell under O.U.T rule.

Since the U.S surrender, there has been thirty years of "peace". Individuals have capitalized on the "lack" of O.U.T's ability to patrol the entirety of both the Sol and the Four Systems, terrorizing new colonies, smuggling various goods between planets and systems, not to mention stealing from O.U.T outposts.

Each planet has their own customs and rules, but all still falls under O.U.T rule. The O.U.T is spaced out throughout each system but has a weak presence at best. There are whispers of the Four System waging war against O.U.T and the Sol System.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

PLOT

Each RPer plays a individual that joins or is already on the crew. The crew goes about doing odd jobs to help better the new universe that is being formed. Granted what the crew is doing isn't legal, it isn't illegal either but if caught by agents that work for O.U.T, everyone is looking at massive jail time.

The story will focus on the simple things, violence, trying to get by day to day, survive, and the everyday struggles of man/woman, just in a distant future.

(I do have a set path that I'd like to follow so don't be alarmed)

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Rules.....

1. Simple, follow the rules set forth by this this site,
    2. Understand that the GM's word is law
    3. No arguing will be taking place in the RP (if GM says stop, stop)
    4. Post as often as you can and at least a paragraph or more.
    5. We all have a life, if you join the RP but can't make a post for a week or so, say something and I'll take over the character.
    6. If you don't post on a regular bases, at least once a week, your character will be taken over by me and possibly killed off (Doubt I will since I can use them to move the story along faster). You can make another character if you wish to stay on the RP.
    7. Ask me anything you want, about the characters, the RP, anything.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Character Sheet:

Name:
    Ethnicity:
    Looks: (Please note your characters height and weight please)(Picture or description works)
    Augmentations: (Either robotic implants or animal genetics, not both unless it's evenly balanced and doesn't conflict with anything or seem too over powering....or makes me scratch my head. If you can explain it and make it sound possible, I'm in.)
    Weapons: (If any make note of them here. No more then five. Pictures or descriptions of the weapons will be nice, if none, put N/A)
    Personality:
    Background:
    Anything Special:(If you can think of anything that you want to add on to your character, feel free to place it here. Example, quirks, pet-pervs, likes, dislikes, things they can't live without or REALLY hate.)

(Any questions, simply ask, remember...anything is possible in this RP, feel free to use your imagination and think outside the box )

NO LONGER RECRUITING! THE SHIP IS FULL!

Positions on the crew:
    *Captain: Dallas Reels played by NecroNama
    *Second in Command/First Mate: Griffin played by....Griffin
    *Pilot: Trixie "Trix" Windsor played by Caoimhe294
    *Mechanic: Lilou Orlov played by WarpedCoriolis
    *Doctor/Medic: Rylouth Burbank played by NnightStalker
    *Gun-hand/ The Muscle: Terrence Baxter Bonneville played by Theorem of Hoef
    Passenger 1 & 2: Tanya and Markus Arkmenov played by NecroNama
    Passenger 3: Jerome played by Juicesir
    Passenger 4: Aries “Firecracker” Jackson played by Breggo13
    Passenger 5: Leo Karth played by Elizabeth16

Spoiler: The Captain of the ship!! 

Spoiler: THE SHIP. The name on the pic isn't it's name, it's Riddle 

Spoiler: The shuttle 

Spoiler: The Solar system 
    Last edited by NecroNama; 02-05-2015 at 02:10 AM.

That one Reaper Guy
    Mostly everything, I suppose
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Howdy Necro! So if I understand properly, you just go around fixing problems in the universe?

Take a look at the Roleplay of the Week thread!

If you need a banner for a submission, then check out the Banner Shop!

You can also look at the Roleplaying Games Directory to advertise your RP.

You can even ask the staff to advertise it!

And to round it all up, let your RP be advertised in the RPA Tribune!
    Thanks to Karma for the Avatar and Signature

3Spooky5U
    Science Fiction/Slice of Life/Fandom
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Default Griffin - Character for Alternate Space

Okay, I'm new to this site, but I love Firefly, so I'm going to join this roleplay!

Spoiler: Character Information 

Update: Character info fixed and added what planet she was from.

Update no. 2: I made a picture of her, here it is:
    Attachment 6066

This is the closest I got to making her.
    Last edited by Griff; 01-19-2015 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Finalized character info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, all up to the background and personality of the character had me scratch my noggin.

Why is she "going insane"? Why/how was she kidnapped and injected with hawk DNA? How'd she escape? I haven't decided on the order of crew for the ship....so wanting her to be first mate shouldn't be a problem.

Pretty much, all I am asking is that if you can go into more detail with her background, just to fill in the blank spots since it seem pretty vague. Other then that, it seems fine to me.

3Spooky5U
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Delete this post if you see it, Admin/ Moderators!
    Last edited by Griff; 01-19-2015 at 01:22 AM.

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Oh!oh! This looks fun Imma make a CS but save me a spot just in case

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    "Granted these advancements into human genetics are astounding, animal augmentations and human robotics-limbs do NOT meld together very well, making a individual either go insane, or die on the operating table."

(It's on your last paragraph)
    That pretty much states that animal genetics AND robotic attachments don't meld TOGETHER and can either kill the patient or make them go insane. Alone, animal genetics won't cause insanity or metal problems. Neither will robotic attachments, they won't cause any sort of problems unless the doctor screws up. So stating she is insane or growing insane isn't needed in any sense.....unless you want to state her body is trying to reject the animal augmentations all together.

3Spooky5U
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Last edited by Griff; 01-19-2015 at 01:22 AM.

Griffin / Gumbo / Gambit / Griff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alrighty, sounds good to me, but just a F.Y.I, Dallas (the captain of the ship I have to find) will know something is up with her so he could draw a accurate idea of why she is the way she is.

All you need to do know is take what you retyped, copy it to your original post for your character, state that the doctors screwed up her animal augmentations and that's why she's losing it, and your character will be accepted.

If you like Firefly, I'm running a Firefly Rp on this site that you are more then welcome to join if you want
    ----------------------------------------
    EDIT:
    Added what the ship will be to the first post. I'll will continue to make my character and fine tune everything else so everyone can get a better idea about this RP and what the "universe" will be like. Hope the ship is to everyone's liking.
    Last edited by NecroNama; 01-18-2015 at 11:13 PM.

3Spooky5U
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Last edited by Griff; 01-19-2015 at 01:21 AM.

Griffin / Gumbo / Gambit / Griff

Page 1 of 42 123 ... LastLast