Page 1 of 26 123 ... LastLast

Thread: (M) Age of the Dragon Lords: CH1 The Door of Night OOC

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default (M) Age of the Dragon Lords: CH1 The Door of Night OOC

Rated M for possible mature content including sex, violence, language, graphic situations, and drug use.

CH1: The Door of Night

Across the seas
    To the land of Endor
    The Darkspawn come like a disease
    Through the darkest door
    Through the Door of Night

The IC is here.

In a land free of Darkspawn the Grey Wardens of Fereldon are occupying their time with rebuilding their numbers and turning the Arling of Amaranthine into the most successful area of Fereldon. Many view the lack of Darkspawn as a direct miracle of the Maker, for years the land knew peace at least on a large scale for the first time in it's entire history. Sadly though what is one man's blessing is another man's curse. Far over the crashing waves of the sea lays a land so similar yet at the same time so different from Fereldon.

The land of Endor, home of Elves, Dwarves, Men, and Hobbits. War is not unknown in this land but a new threat has clawed it's way to the enchanting surface of this new land, twisted and vile creatures so alien none of the Free Races can find even a marginal note of them in their oldest historical documents or languages. The only word they can think of to describe them is "The Wrong", they attack with ferocity rivaling the most vicious of the Mordoran Hordes and five times the numbers. Now if only "The Wrong" were as straight forward with their killing as the Horde, sure they killed plenty but on top of that they drag any of the living they can away into the caves and holes they spewed from. That isn't the worst of it though, even if a brave warrior had manages to kill the creatures even a drop of it's black blood getting into their opens mouths or wounds was as good as their blades through your heart. For months the Free People fought valiantly against the monsters but the battle was an eternal uphill fight, every step forward was followed by two steps back. The dead littered the once lush plains and ancient forests, filling the air with the stench of death and disease.

Within the first week, this new war had surpassed the War of the Ring in size and death toll and as the days dragged on it only got worse. They needed help and it was this desperation that drove the some of the last of the Elves left in Endor to undertake a hard and potentially hopeless quest to seek help from the farthest reaches of creation. Their hope was just about spent when they landed
    on the shore of a land civilized by what could be their brothers and fellow Endorans. They had found Fereldon, and hopefully the help they had been so frantically searching for, but it did not come easy. Elves in this land were either treated like ignorant and dangerous beasts or sniveling whelps who were expected to bow and scrape to the every whim of Man. They met apathy and disrespect at every turn, it seems their homeland was fated to drown in the blood of it's children. Once more their hope was nearly spent when a kindly farmer pointed them Northeast to a place called Vigil's Keep in the lands of Amaranthine and the home of Fereldon's resident experts on "The Wrong" or Darkspawn as the Elves had learned was the true name of this plague.
    Following the man's directions the visiting Elves made their way to this promised land, it was here they met the noble order of the Grey Wardens and sat down with their admirable leader, Warden-Commander Raziel Cousland. It was in this fortress the Visitors were given the first semblance of respect in this cold land that stinks of wet dog.

The Wardens opened their libraries to the Elves and let them study everything they had compiled on the Darkspawn and the past five Blights. At first Raziel was just planning on giving them info then sending them on their way, but as the leader of the elves, Laurenas explained the creatures seemed to be led by a massive Dragon of Ever Shifting Color that often flew above them in battle blasting purple fire down upon the ranks of the defenders. This shed all new light onto the Elves' plea, they were experiencing a Blight, and unless the Wardens helped them they would be wiped from existence. With no further explanation needed the Warden-Commander called upon his most experienced Wardens and sent them to aide the land of Endor in their first and with any divine mercy only Blight.

Nuances and info

Ok folks, this is where you all come in. You can either play as an experienced Warden from Fereldon or a Defender of Endor, each side has Elves, Dwarves, and Men to choose from as a playable race but you also have the option to play as a Qunari( Tal-Vashoth most likely) on the Fereldon side and as a Hobbit on the side of Endor. Now each side will have some nuances for creation those I will list below.

Fereldon: Wardens can be from any walk of life within the limits of the Dragon Age universe and be of any archetype(Warrior, Rogue, or Mage). But they must be an experienced Gray Warden and not just an older one, between their 30s and 40s to be exact, but remember older Gray Wardens are nearing the ends of their lives. The Taint they gain by drinking the blood of Darkspawn limits their lives to 30 or so more years after joining so if you joined at age 20 you have until about 50 to die in battle or you go mad and die rather violently in your sleep. You are only allowed one generic specialization, any rune enhanced gear must be sensible, you are limited to only 2 rune over all your gear, and this side is the only one with the Mage Archetype.

• Warrior: Fighter(Light), Skirmisher(Medium), Knight(Heavy)
    • Rogue: Thief(Light), Assassin(Medium), Scout(Heavy)
    • Mage: White Mage(Light), Black Mage(Medium), Battle Mage(Heavy).

Endor: Much like the Wardens you can be of any walk of life within the limits of the LOTR Universe, but you can only be a Rogue or Warrior Archetype with a generic specialization if you so wish, these are only for those playing Defenders of Endor.

• Warrior: Vanguard(Light), Orion(Medium), Champion(Heavy).
    • Rogue: Night Hawk(Light), Black Blade(Medium), Ranger(Heavy).

Also in Endor, Elves are much more scarce only two-hundred are left and most of them are common soldiers. Ages for this lot is more up to common sense and your gear must be sensibly enchanted with only 2 runes as well but remember with the smaller number of Elves the art will be scarce. I will allow some people to play the Elves coming to Fereldon for help, but the limit is four and it's first come first serve. Those few aside those that choose to play an Endoran, will be posting in Endor fighting the Darkspawn at least for the first few posts.

The RP will start at the least on the very day the Wardens leave Fereldon then there will be an early time skip taking everyone to Endor where we will go back to a normal RP type of run along. It will take place in the time between Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age 2, unless someone who knows Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition offers to be CO-GM.

Fereldon has been Darkspawn free for four years at the start of the RP and Endor has been fighting Darkspawn for four years.

Spoiler: The Darkspawn both new and old. 

Helpful links

Use these links for any questions you may have about the worlds themselves or you're looking for ideas.

Dragon Age Wiki

Lord of the Rings Wiki

Online Elven Dictionary

Name:
    Race:
    Side:

Archetype:
    Specialization:

Appearance(pic or description):

Equipment(pic or description):
    Runes: Limit of 2 all and all.

Personality:

Background:
    Other:

Grey Wardens of Fereldon

Warden Zadkiel Cousland by Siks

Warden Griffin Ataash by Dnafein

Warden Reich Assaila by Imperial1917

Warden Falon Lavellan by Dnafein

Defenders of Endor

Tinnu Silvereye of Mirkwood by Siks

Vandaiel of Lothlorien by Megilwen

Bo-Ren Took of NorthFarthing by Pheasant

Princess Nienor of Ithilien by Breggo13

Turin of Gondor by Breggo13

1. All RPA Rules and Mature Section rules apply.
    2. I made this a mature RP for the reason of creative freedom, anything goes for the most part as long as none of the rules are broken
    3. I and Dnefein are the GMs, and as such we have the last say in issues.
    4. Any issues between players deal with in PMs.
    5. If the problem persists, send us both sides and we'll see if we can help.
    6. If we help and it continues ask a mod or get out.
    7. Be active and post at least a paragraph a post.
    8. Ignorance of the rules won't save you if you break them.
    9. Be smart, have fun, and no modding or powerplaying.
    10. Any new RP ideas are welcome just run them by me and I'll see about working them out.
    11. Inactivity will be punished by the death of your char.
    12. The GMs are the only judges of inactivity, when the RP is going well it's a week unless you send us word of your inactivity then we'll pull you along but after two weeks your character will be on the chopping block unless you have a good reason for not being around. And after three weeks they die no matter what.
    13. Stick within the realm of possibilities for these two worlds' races.
    14. Everyone is allowed only 2 main chars.
    15. You can reserve a spot, it will only be held for a week though.
    16. The only playable races are Men, Dwarves, Elves (both sides), Qunari (Fereldon only) and Hobbits (Endor only).
    17. Wardens must have at least 10+ years of experience being Wardens and fighting Darkspawn before they will be accepted.
    18. If you've read down this far, put your char's favorite color in the other section of the sheet.

*We reserve the right to add, delete, or change anything at any time.*
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 07-21-2015 at 08:53 PM.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Enchantress of Men
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like fun I really enjoy both Lord of the Rings and Dragon Age. I'll start thinking up a character and posting it sometime today.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Kooky.

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Spoiler: Grif 
    Last edited by Dnafein; 02-02-2015 at 11:13 AM. Reason: completed character

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Ok 1 Reserve it is.

That one Reaper Guy
    Mostly everything, I suppose
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

you know the links, Siks. Good luck with the RP!

Take a look at the Roleplay of the Week thread!

If you need a banner for a submission, then check out the Banner Shop!

You can also look at the Roleplaying Games Directory to advertise your RP.

You can even ask the staff to advertise it!

And to round it all up, let your RP be advertised in the RPA Tribune!
    Thanks to Karma for the Avatar and Signature

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Why not just join Soul?

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

What happened to all my voters?

Enchantress of Men
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wasn't a voter... but I am going to make a character... sorry I haven't gotten it done yet. :( It's just been a really long week for me. I'll have time to work on it this weekend. Again sorry.

Also I'm planning on making a character that was part of the party that traveled from Endor to find help/the Wardens.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

So you want to be one of the Elves that go to Fereldon?

Ok here are my two chars.

Spoiler: Warden Cousland 

Spoiler: Tinnu of Mirkwood 
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 02-05-2015 at 03:17 PM.

Page 1 of 26 123 ... LastLast