Page 1 of 41 123 ... LastLast

Thread: M - The Quest for the Mysterious Mask (Elder Scrolls) - OOC

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    KNIGHTS, fanfiction, superpowers, mystery, psychological
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default M - The Quest for the Mysterious Mask (Elder Scrolls) - OOC

Rated M for possible violence, adult language, mature humor, overall mature themes

Mastermind
    – verb – to plan and direct (a usually complex project or activity), especially skillfully
    – noun – a person who originates or is primarily responsible for the execution of a particular idea, project, or the like

Source: https://dictionary.reference.com/

To Any Particular Person(s) in Question,

You have been chosen for a quest. What kind of quest, you may ask? A quest of great importance, I may answer. A quest that will make you rich and famous indeed. A quest that will take you to every corner of Cyrodiil, through many ruins and caves. An adventure to behold!

If you are interested, an incentive and further instructions will be available at Faregyl Inn on Green Road, South of the Imperial City.

Emphatically enthusiastic,

The Mastermind

You have all received this mysterious letter in one way or another, luring you all to Faregyl Inn, where your adventure will begin. This is a PLAYER DRIVEN roleplay that may involve some dice rolling to add an interesting twist to things (don't worry, I have a site on hand for that). Player driven means I will not be responsible for pushing things along. You guys have to stay active and do stuff to keep this alive.

How the dice rolling will work is say, for example, you come across a chest with some kind of obvious enchantment on it. You open the chest but there will be some kind of effect. I would ask you to select D20 on the site and have you PM me the result of your roll (please be honest about this and don't give me a roll you want like a natural 20. let's keep things varied, okay?). Depending on what you roll, I'll prompt you with a magical effect. Let's say you roll a natural 20. I would prompt you to write your next post with the effect being something great like you feel refreshed and stronger, like you've just started your adventure. Let's also say you rolled a 1. I would then prompt you to write your next post with the effect being you are blasted backward and find that your hands have been replaced with dull shovels (effect lasting a few hours). Sound easy enough?

This roleplay takes place in Cyrodiil in the Third Era (pre-Oblivion Crisis but after the events of Morrowind). Please keep talk of the Oblivion Crisis or the events of Skyrim out of the IC thread.

This is intended as a lighter rp so feel free to be a little silly! Also, romance is allowed! Yay fun stuff no dark, heavy clouds hanging over the plot~.

Anyway, onward to need to know world facts.

Spoiler: Terms you should know 

For any other information or naming required visit these:
    https://elderscrolls.wikia.com/
    https://tamriel-rebuilt.org/?q=namegenerator
    https://www.uesp.net

Spoiler: Races of Tamriel 

Spoiler: Birthsigns 

Spoiler: Religion 

But others prefer their native gods or even Daedric Princes
    Spoiler: Daedric Princes 

Spoiler: Animals and Creatures found in Cyrodiil 

Schools of Magic and Levels - Keep in mind I took a few creative liberties with these to have them work in this setting. Mostly I combined a spell or two to make an easier one, though I did invent a couple.
    Spoiler: Alteration - the practice of altering physics and nature to bend to the will of the caster 

Spoiler: Conjuration - the practice of summoning items, creatures, and beings from alternate planes of existence 

Spoiler: Destruction - the practice of generating attacks and defenses using natural elements 

Spoiler: Illusion - the practice of influencing the mind of another with magic 

Spoiler: Restoration - the practice of healing and protecting oneself and others with magic 

Rules for the RP are as follows:
    • General site rules apply.
    • I control NPCs unrelated to your character.
    • Only use races listed. Follow individual race rules.
    • Only use spells listed. Follow individual school rules.
    • BE LITERATE. Please make an effort to spell correctly, use good grammar, and keep the same tense throughout.
    • NO ONE TO THREE LINERS. Please try to get at least four sentences.
    • Use the spells at your level. I don't want to see an Apprentice of Destruction casting Wall of Flames.
    • If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I don't bite unless you're rude.
    • Have fun!

Character Sheet
    NAME: (use Tamriel Rebuilt's name generator if you're lost)
    RACE:
    AGE: (17 minimum for humans. Mer can be older [ex. Bosmer live about 2-3 times longer than humans], Beast races can be younger)
    BIRTHSIGN:
    PERSONALITY:
    SKILLS: (this is where you put like rogue, archer, mage, etc.)
    BRIEF HISTORY:
    APPEARANCE: (can be written description or picture)
    OTHER:

Spoiler: The Party so far... 

Spoiler: The Deceased 

Dice rolling forum cheat sheet
    Last edited by Pyro; 05-11-2015 at 04:07 AM.
    Misty day, remains of the Judgement...

KNIGHTS, fanfiction, superpowers, mystery, psychological
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yeah, I know I said I hate the antisocial character archetype but believe me, this guy is not going to sit around and brood. He'll be as much involved in the action and dialogue as any other character.

NAME: Gethin
    RACE: Bosmer
    BIRTHSIGN: The Tower
    PERSONALITY: Gethin is extraordinarily surly and blunt. The only thing he hates more than needing to talk to people is being disturbed while in solitary contemplation. He is a rather angry sort, having a short and extremely volatile fuse. His usual methods of solving problems are punching the solid ones and drowning the immaterial ones in booze. Apart from that, he is content in stealing for a living and dreams of someday being able to retire to a comfortable cottage somewhere far from busy cities and loud people.
    SKILLS: Stealthy, good thieving skills, decent archer (prefers to be weaponless), unmatched brawler
    BRIEF HISTORY:
    Spoiler:  

APPEARANCE: If not for his permanent scowl, Gethin might be considered quite handsome. He has sharply angled features, high cheekbones, medium sized, almond-shaped black eyes, a square jaw, and a clear complexion. He stands at roughly 5 feet, 4 inches tall, and has a lithe, lean muscular body. He has long, twiglike fingers. His hair is coarse and dark brown, cropped short to keep out of his face.
    OTHER: Despite his small frame, Gethin is stupidly strong. He's like an ant (in the sense of them being tiny and able to lift 50 times their own weight...also some ants are really aggressive). He also likes cats.
    Last edited by Pyro; 02-03-2015 at 07:49 AM. Reason: added birthsign
    Misty day, remains of the Judgement...

3Spooky5U
    Science Fiction/Slice of Life/Fandom
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

My character will probably be a dark elf or a red guard who is a merchant and/or owns a tavern, I can't decide. I'll make a sheet for it in a moment

Griffin / Gumbo / Gambit / Griff

2Spooky4U
    Mostly Fantasy and Parody, and some Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

YAAAAAY!!!! Elder Scrolls ftw!

Name: Ajani
    Race: Khajiit (ftw)
    Birthsign: Thief
    Personality: Stubborn, sharp tongued, intelligent, sometimes makes jokes in the worst of times, is obsessed with sweetrolls(they're her favorite food in Mundus), has a bit of a mead problem(but she won't admit it), sometimes gets in fights and lets her claws speak for her, she enjoys a good book or just an exiting tale around the fire, the rain makes her irritated because it makes her fur stick to her uncomfortably
    Skills: Assassin(in the Dark Brotherhood) and Thief(Thieves Guild) *A Khajiit? And a thief? No way!* She also has a high speech skill and can talk herself out of any situation. Prefers light armor and usually dual-wields shortswords or sometimes a longsword with a shield, or a bow if she has to.

Brief history: She was born in Leyawiin after it seceded to Cyrodiil from Elsweyr, but moved to Cheydinhal soon after because of the Renrijra Krin threat. Her parents died from disease when she was 13 and the Dark Brotherhood took her into the family. She is currently a Silencer (Highest rank while still in the field). She traveled all around Cyrodiil and when she visited the Imperial City she learned about the Thieves Guild and joined them. She also met Sheogorath and meets up for tea with him once in a while. Now, she travels around Tamriel doing contracts and odd jobs, while also visiting ALL the taverns and eating ALL the sweetrolls. She owns a shack on the Imperial City waterfront as a house, that she rarely uses, I might add.

Appearance: I would take a pic of my Oblivion char, but I'm too lazy to turn on my Xbox so Ill just describe her.
    Brownish fur with black tips on ears and black markings on her face, has several silver hoop ear piercings in her left ear and her right ear has a small tear in it, wears shrouded armor (with some small customizations)most of the time, wears an amulet of Rahjin (the Khajiiti theif-god), her swords are jet black, has a small scar on her nose

Other: She has a bounty in Anvil and shed rather not go back there... she would rather not talk about it.... She also keeps a wide array of colorful insults with her just incase. (Ex: Skooma-sucker, troll dung, etc.)

Can't wait until the IC is up!!

- - - Updated - - -

Griffin be a Dunmer!!! They're my 2nd favorite race!!

- - - Updated - - -

Pyro, our characters could share a mead, sometime. It seems we've both got a thing for "celebratory" drinking. Also, he likes cats. *wink wink nudge nudge*
    Last edited by Splat; 08-06-2015 at 06:37 PM.

and dreadfully distinct/against the dark a tall white fountain played

Art Thread
    |Ask me stuff|My Characters

Spoiler: Quotes, sets, gamertags, things to click on 

3Spooky5U
    Science Fiction/Slice of Life/Fandom
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Spoiler: Chanel - ACCEPTED 

That'll do. The tavern is on the gold road, between Skingrad and the Imperial City.
    Last edited by Griff; 01-26-2015 at 10:49 PM.

Griffin / Gumbo / Gambit / Griff

2Spooky4U
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Also, Pyro, you should consider adding https://www.uesp.net to your helpful sources list. It's where I go for all of my Elder Scrolls help. It has every game, every quest, every piece of jewelry for Pete's sake! It is very comprehensive and helpful.

Art Thread

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

just curious, is the mask we're looking for The Masque of Clavicus Vile?

Spoiler: Things I like 

2Spooky4U
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Griffin: Firstly, that is pic of Saadia from Skyrim, but I guess it's close enough. Secondly, why werent you a Dunmer? I have a lot of good friends from Morrowind. Thirdly, my Khajiit could be a regular at your tavern. That would be fun. But... where is it? On the Yellow Road? Bruma? Where?

Cfavano: That would be... Interesting. Especially if we get to meet Barbas like in Skyrim.

Also, I hope we get a Mage and a Warrior in our "party". We need someone to do the smashing of the skulls and the healing. Just sayin.
    Last edited by Splat; 01-26-2015 at 04:08 PM.

Art Thread

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

You got to meet him in skyrim? I never did that quest.

I remember meeting him in oblivion.

Spoiler: Things I like 

2Spooky4U
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

If you go to Falkreath at a certain level, the blacksmith will ask you to find a stray dog that he wants to keep. If you go outside Falkreath you will come across the dog he was referring to when it suddenly starts talking (with some rather funny responses) and tells you he is Barbas and his master, Vile, has kicked him out. It's basically you going to help Barbas make it up to Vile. It's pretty fun.

Art Thread

Page 1 of 41 123 ... LastLast