Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Honor Among Thieves OOC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default [M] Honor Among Thieves OOC

If you are a fan of Tomb Raider, Uncharted or Indiana Jones this might be the rp for you.
    The level of maturity in the rp is determined by the players but be aware this is in the mature section so this isn't going to be pg.

We are a band of misfit Criminals. It would be harsh to say we're the bad guys but we certainly aren't the good guys. We live in the underworld of crime. Some by choice, some with less of a choice. We are thieves, con-artists, smugglers, trained mercenaries etc. So we've made quite the odd career choice but just because we shot back, doesn't mean we're the bad guys. Right?

Maybe you are on your way in or maybe on your way out, either way we are here together with one thing in common. We have all been approached by a mysterious woman with an english accent and hired by an undisclosed employer to find the three remaining pieces of an ancient relic. This woman is your only contact to this mysterious employer but the amount offered for this job is enough to make you not ask questions.

Perhaps we've encountered each other on jobs, perhaps as allies, perhaps as enemies or maybe we've never meet at all. The point is each of us are skilled to complete this job. Not knowing who the employer is, isn't anything knew really. probably some rich jackass trying to complete his collection through less than legal means. and maybe it's only a coincidence that someone else with a whole lot more gun power than us is also after these priceless relics.

That's right! You didn't think this was going to be easy did you? By now you've got to know nothing in this game is easy. Just this time the people shooting at you are a slightly different breed of crazy than you are used to. You weren't the only ones hired to find these relics, another interested party reveals themselves, a generic ancient dark order looking to destroy the world or some shit like that seems to think these relics are the key to their plans and they are now standing between you and the biggest pay check you've ever seen.

There's only one rule in this world of ours and it's simple: don't trust anyone.

Through this adventure we will learn where your loyalties lie, how strong is your conscious and what are you will to do at the right price?

__________________________________________________ ______

Who are you?:
    You are the criminals hired for the job. Cons of all sorts, with hands in the black market. I am looking for 3-5 people for this little band. After which additional roles will be made available.

The rp is all about character development. By don't trust anyone I really mean it. At anytime another character can screw your character over for the highest bidder. Good and evil isn't so easily played out in this rp. We start as a group, as allies but as things start to happen loyalties get put to the test. Is your character's loyalties to the team, to themselves or to the money? Just because your character's a criminal doesn't mean they can't have a conscious.
    pretty much what this means is don't give to much a way in your character sheets. on the other hand I do ask that your sheets are COMPLETE.

I WILL NOT APPROVE ANY SHEETS THAT LIST ANY THING AS "UNKNOWN" OR "N/A"! I don't need really long sheets but I do ask for at least two short paragraphs in the bio, a name (a real name) and some kind of history.

Communicate. Don't kill another players character without discussing it with them. Any big plot twists you plan, talk to me about. communication is key in this rp. and as a general rule try and plan things with other players, because it's more fun that way.

Character sheet:

Name: (first and Last name. As well as any name you might want to have a reputation as)

personality: (this is the bit I was talking about. Don't give to much a way but I would like a basic description of your characters behavior. Are they Cocky? or are they flirty? Etc.)

Skills: (pretty basic. are they skilled at combat? are they good with ancient languages? puzzle solving? Etc. also any training they might have in this skill)

gear: (Just generally anything special your character might have on them. Rather it be a useful tool or a good luck charm. this also includes weapons.)

History: (What put them on this path? Past jobs? Where were they when they were approached over this job? and whatever you might find important about your character.)

appearance: (no anime)

Other:

Theme song: (optional)
    Last edited by AvisCrown; 01-27-2015 at 03:14 AM.

Queen of Awesome
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Horror, Fantasy, Love
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)

Game looks pretty awesome already - should you need any assistance from the staff, we are here to help you!
    Here are some helpful links, just in case!
    Have fun!

Take a look at the Roleplay of the Week thread!

If you need a banner for a submission, then check out the Banner Shop!

You can also look at the Roleplaying Games Directory to advertise your RP.

You can even ask the staff to advertise it!

And to round it all up, let your RP be advertised in the RPA Tribune!
    Spoiler: Looking for a Roleplay? Just click it! 

Help us Help you! Vote for RPA -Daily!

Whatever captures and holds my attention.
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Just going to look around here for any calling cards of any criminal masterminds I can try to think up.

Set by Karma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yay

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Save me a spot and I'll get a CS up at some point

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Name: Abigail Rowe

Personality: Abbie is a little ... Headstrong, at best. She's enjoys showing off and trying to be the best at just about everything. Considering the family business however, at least she's provided with plenty of opportunities. She often takes risks and doesn't hesitate to do something dangerous during missions, despite the consequences it may or may not cause. She's very lively and ambitious, with an overly lively nature to her. Though her eagerness can often be her downfall. In many attempts to simply show off, missions have become dangerous and/or trickier to complete. Though her Father does try his best to reign her in when needs be.

Apart from a athletic and feisty nature, her mind is also sharp. Sarcastic and witty, she often comes across as rather satirical and bold. But above all, Abbi is incredibly, almost annoyingly stubborn. A word of advice, don't start a argument with her unless you're willing to submit within seconds, or have a few days free in your schedule.

Skills: The combat expert of the group, pick a fight with Abbi and you'll regret it.

Gear: A swiss army knife she got from her Dad on her tenth birthday ("They always come in handy!")
    A satchel thats far too old and worn but she can't let it go.
    A compass.
    And two silver handguns, Model 10 .38 specials.

History: From day one it's been Abbi and her Dad forever. No-one else, just the two of them, travelling the world in search of treasure and adventure! When put like that is does sound rather romantic, though its a tougher life than it may seem.

A part of her does wish she could have had a normal childhood, the classic suburban home with a Dad and a Mum. Ye at the same time she sometimes can't believe how lucky she is to have lived a varied life. It'd be nice if she could have a Mum though. Her Dad will never answer her questions properly when she asks about her. He just says they met in Jerusalem, then that's it.

Though she doesn't like to pester him with things like that anyway. If her Dad doesn't want to tell her then she's reasoned to herself that there must be a good reason why. The bond with her Father in unsurprisingly very strong. She loves him and he loves her, although sometimes she doesn't find him a little ... embarassing. Especially when he teases her in front of others.

But she can't fault him for minor details like that.
    He's her Dad.

Abigail's never grown up in one exact place. The two of them moved on at least after every month or so.

Appearance:
    Spoiler: Abbi 

Other: She has a serious thing for dogs. She always really wanted one but the two travelled so much it wasn't an option.

Theme song:

Hope this is fine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Approved.

only one small complaint, be a little more detailed with her combat ability. Leave it open for someone else, I think we can afford to have two. I'll work with you on it.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Okaydoke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Ethan Rowe

personality: not much shocks Ethan any more. He's seen it all. He's a bit of dork and isn't beyond enjoying all the touristy kind of things despite having traveled the world multiple times over by now. Abbi is his life. He knows she can look out for herself, he raised her so she could that doesn't mean he doesn't fear losing her.
    Ethan is fairly light-hearted but he knows when to be serious and when things need to get done.

Skills: Ethan has traveled the world multiple times over. He has studied several ancient cultures through out his travels. Tomb raiding is what he's grown up doing so he knows how the game works. Putting puzzles together and solving ancient mysteries is what he does best.
    He's a descent shot and can hold his own in a fight but he's far from any kind of combat expert. If he's lucky he can keep himself from getting killed long enough for someone with some real muscle to come and save him.

gear: Ethan is almost always armed with a pistol and some kind of survival knife. Though he's far from a combat expert, he's a decent shot and knows how to use a gun if needed.
    His pack: No seasoned traveler leaves home without some kind of gear. Inside he has a climbing kit, first aid kit, torch, matches, his notebook of notes and research. As well as other varies things packed inside for an emergency.

History:
    Ethan grew up in this life. From the time he was thirteen he was by his father's side looking down a barrier of a gun. Treasure hunting, tomb raiding, was a family business. His father was a veteran of the Vietnam war, where he first encountered a tomb filled with riches and started a life on search of more, dragging his son along with him through hell. He hates his father for this. He feels guilty about doing the same thing to his daughter that his father did to him. He constantly reminds her that she can get out. he won't stop her from running away from this life. He knows his mom. She's retired from all this and lives rather comfortably in a florida, they visit. Ethan spilt from his father years ago, and has hardly seen him sense.
    Abbi came into the picture when he was about twenty five. He meet a woman in Jerusalem and well Abbi happened. Ethan doesn't talk about Abbi's mother. Even Abbi doesn't know if she's dead or alive. Ethan pretty much raised, with the help of his mom by himself. He continued traveling and exploring, while Abbi stayed with his mom. Eventually Abbi started to come with him. Against his will but she was a Rowe, it was in her blood to be curious and adventurous. Now he couldn't imagine doing this without her. He'd probably be dead a couple times over without her.

appearance:
    Spoiler: The perfect mixture of dorky dad and badass. 

Theme song:
    Last edited by AvisCrown; 01-30-2015 at 03:20 AM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I WANT HUGS FROM HIM MOW O_O

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast