Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 131415

Thread: M - The Quest for the Mysterious Mask (Elder Scrolls) - IC

2Spooky4U
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Mostly Fantasy and Parody, and some Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Ajani shook her head in dismay. "Alas, that was all I had. Anyways, on to the story." She cleared her throat and began. "I heard this story in one of the cornerclubs during my brief stay in Vvardenfell. It begins in the costal city of Tear, several decades ago. The city was plagued with a killer, it seemed, six slavers had been brutally murdered. The killer was dubbed 'The Lopper' because of the way he cut off his victim's heads.

"Anyway, one of the surviving traders called the others together and decided to make a plan to stop this murderer before he got to them. This man was retired, however, from the 'adventurous' life, so he would not take up his sword, Akrash, and join the other hunters. So, the sword remained in it's pedestal."

She paused, contemplating what to say next. "This slaver, Mineguar his name was, had a daughter named Peliah. She had many secrets from her father, though. No sooner than when he went off to bed then she took his blade off the mantle and ran with it across the field to her stables. A Khajiiti slave had been waiting there for her.

"They embraced and she handed him the sword. It was revealed that the Khajiit was in fact the infamous killer, and Peliah was helping him. They had come up with a plan to be rid of her father so they could run away and be married. Kazagh, the Khajiit, would slay the slave-traders of the city using the Dunmer's own sword, and Peliah would take the sword and mend it after the deed was done, so their actions were untraceable. The last scabbard of the sword Akrash would be in the heart of her father. This had been going on for some time, and a few weeks later, the Khajiit was prepared to kill another target. But it seemed his target was prepared as well. As the Khajiit landed the killing blow, his victim jabbed a poisoned needle into his leg. By the time he made it back to Peliah's house, he was dying.

"He called for Peliah, and woke, not only her, but her father as well. As he saw it, the slave, his property, was about to lop off the head of his daughter, his property, with his sword, his property. Before Peliah could scream for help, the man had driven the sword into the Khajiit's heart. The old man dropped the sword and turned to call the guard, not expecting that it would be his own daughter who buried the sword deep within him. Akrash had found it's last scabbard, indeed."

Ajani fell silent, waiting for any kind of comment on the tale.

and dreadfully distinct/against the dark a tall white fountain played

Art Thread
    |Ask me stuff|My Characters

Spoiler: Quotes, sets, gamertags, things to click on 

KNIGHTS, fanfiction, superpowers, mystery, psychological
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Alaia clapped her hands, her small face flushed with excitement.

"What an intriguing tale!" she said, "I do love plot twists." She downed the rest of her beer in two gulps and sighed, stretching her arms above her head.

"Unless there are any more stories itching to get out, I think Rylouth has the best plan of getting some shut eye." She yawned and glanced around the fire at her companions.

"Who's taking first watch?"
    Misty day, remains of the Judgement...

anything that is fantasy related
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"As much as I found that story amusing, she would be correct, I would prefer to get some sleep. Speaking of sleep, I shall take either the first watch or the last watch. I would hate to get to sleep some only to have to wake up again only to have to sleep after that watch." He got closer to the fire, and in the process accidentally got a little closer to Ajani without him really realizing it.
    Made by the goddess Kicksy!
    I got an even newish newer egg! Check it out!
    Spoiler: Secret Things! 

2Spooky4U
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

"I'll take first, then," Ajani chimed in, standing up and stretching. "I'm not too tired anyhow."

Art Thread

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

"I insist on first watch," Ragnar says, "A gentleman should do no less. Today was a very easy day, anyway, and I feel that I could use a few more hours awake. I will not take no for an answer, though, I would not mind the company, Ajani."

Spoiler: Things I like 

2Spooky4U
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)

Ajani sighed. Of course he insisted, she thought with a frown.

"Whatever, Ragnar, you can take first. I'll go second if it pleases you. However, there really is no way that I am keeping you company," she stated rather bluntly. She walked around the fire and laid out a bed roll. Like all good adventurers, she slept in her armor and never took it off for any reason.

"Well, night, I guess," she said, climbing into her bed roll even though she didn't feel like sleeping at all. She just lay there, gazing at the moons and the stars until it was her turn to go on watch.

Art Thread

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 131415